PDA

View Full Version : More HDD or "Unlimited" Bandiwdth ?

seedplace
11-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Since OVH changed their kimsufi plans lot of my clients request the new servers to be shared too. They say they don't care about the bandiwdth which is only 1.5TB but they do care about HDD which is double the size of the old.
What would you prefer? An "unlimited" Bandwidth server of 250GB HDD(watch out for the quotes since it's a kimsufi) or double the size of hdd on your seedboxes (like 200GB each user) and 1.5TB of bandwidth ?

Please reply only if you have used a seedbox before.

unoriginal
11-19-2009, 08:04 PM
I generally upload at least 100-150GB/day. I would blow through 1.5TB in way less than a month, give me more bandwidth!

usuck
11-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Problem is the most Seedbox users are just IDIOTS. They dont care about the normal ADSL-Seeders and seeding very good seeded Files to a 1:10 Fileratio or even more,its unneeded overseeding. They got huge Buffers, but seeding all so extrem.... just IDIOTS.

waeldiab
11-19-2009, 08:49 PM
4 sure Unlimited Bandwidth

L33cH
11-19-2009, 09:38 PM
whats the point buy seebox if you dont have traffic?!! you can store FILES but if you cannot shere them what the point?

1000possibleclaws
11-20-2009, 12:40 AM
whats the point buy seebox if you dont have traffic?!! you can store FILES but if you cannot shere them what the point?

1.5 TB of traffic in a month isn't sharing? :huh: I'd say hosting twice as much content and not overseeding is being much more generous than RSS;ing 0day and dumping the files after a couple days.

giganews2005
11-20-2009, 07:13 AM
more hdd

redguard
11-20-2009, 09:10 AM
More space indeed as the bandwidth is still unlimited even after those 3GB. Uploading with 10 mbps is still enough.

xxooxx
11-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Seedbox are bought for sharing,not to keep the data there,so bandwidth should be more...:)

xirvflux
11-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Problem is the most Seedbox users are just IDIOTS. They dont care about the normal ADSL-Seeders and seeding very good seeded Files to a 1:10 Fileratio or even more,its unneeded overseeding. They got huge Buffers, but seeding all so extrem.... just IDIOTS.

Because there are so many seedboxes ADSL users can download their stuff in no time.

You seem to suggest that people should stop seeding with their fast seedboxes so people with slow ASDL lines can seed more - of course at the expense of slowing down the swarm.

If seedboxes didn't exist we'd have someone saying that ADSL users are idiots because they don't let dial up users seed, and so on.

keeper
11-21-2009, 10:40 PM
more bandwidth of course!

Someone seeds other torreent to build up ratio and only download something!

I got avrege 10gb per torrent waht is 700mb!

Games with 10gb i avrege about 300-400gb!
If some hot game,movie was relesed and you desperet to get it and watch you will not leech properly you just downlad to get it fast as posible! 90% of tracker are ratio building trackers and they don't watch what torrent you see how long usualy is 48h!
They want the you keep good ratio!

I have sb and game or movie what i wana watch or play i dont seed from home i download and stop, but what i dont want and other ppl want i seed and geting very good ratio and superb buffer 1gb dl to 100gb up!

Pocatello
11-24-2009, 09:46 PM
More HDD is nice

but

more bandwidth is better.

Valoo
11-26-2009, 03:39 AM
I've already buffered all my trackers with big ratios, and now I usually keep a 1:2 ratio and it's done. Especially on some trackers, I don't like to see adsl people doing h'n'r and reducing their upload speed all the time. It makes many torrents very slow and unavailable.

They must understand that seedboxes don't have to do all the job, if they want speed and retention, they also have to stay in seed, or buying a box if they want to free their homeline.

So to answer to the poll I'd say 1,5TB is enough for me, and I'd prefer more space to be able to keep content longer on my box.

Mended
11-29-2009, 02:18 AM
bandwidth is the most important point in any seedbox and then the space
because we can replace the files and be safe with Hd space other than to be afraid of losing bandwidth !!

zmonkey
11-30-2009, 07:27 PM
This has really had me thinking a bit about what I really "need." At first I thought unlimited bandwidth, hands down, but that is based mainly on how they are restricting bandwidth here in the US now, and how I feel that you can't really do that and keep the spirit of the Internet what it has always been, which is the free sharing of information. That being said, I agree, seeding 2:1 is plenty generous, and most can maintain a 2:1 without much trouble, except I was finding that without a seedbox, it was very difficult to get my ratio even to 1:1. So perhaps a high bandwidth limit would be fine, because 10Mbps is still faster up than I can get here at home at a reasonable price. Let me go a bit longer and I might change my mind, but for now, I like knowing that I can easily make up the inability to meet 1:1 on an almost dead torrent with my seedbox on one that's relatively fresh in under 24 hours.

-z