PDA

View Full Version : Positive Trading Vs Negative Trading! What you think?

RizKhan25000
11-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Let us confine this to the bettorrent only else it would be a vast subject which I don't think is appropriate to be discussed here.

My ideas regarding trading is that we can not live without it. This is the effective composition of this world which is dependent on many trades which we make in life. Even a mother loving her child expect to receive love from her child. Is it not a trade. Even God (according to many religions would make a trade with the people in the afterlife where he would award hell and heaven on their account of good and bad deeds. We can not avoid trades in this world and life but there are certain trades to look for and certain trades to avoid. Now here come the question which trades to be avoided and which not. Let us divide trades in the following two categories. which I would explain with the help of a few examples.

Positive Trades
When you give someone which he deserves and he gives you something which you deserve.
Examples:
1. You download a torrent from a tracker. As a member of that tracker you deserve this but now you give back to the tracker and seed the torrent 1:1 that is something which the tracker deserves.
2. You invite someone to a tracker after satisfying yourself (through any means chatting, posts, view his stats on other trackers) that he would be a good member. Now the that particular member deserve the invite so he gets it but now he has to give back and that can be only in one form to be a good member of that tracker to which he is invited.

Negative Trades
When one of the trading partners does not get what he deserves or get more than he deserves.
1. You download a torrent from a tracker. As a member of that tracker you deserve that but you do not seed back and close your client immediately after download then you are denying the tracker something which it deserve and believe me noone like negative trades.
2. You invite someone to a tracker but that someone does not deserve to be there (you have not fully satisfied yourself that person would be a good member or you took some money for it which you don't deserve etc). This kind of trade is infact wrong in the first place and is again an example of negative trade.

So the best approach is to avoid negative trades and promote positive trades. Now no one is perfect in this world there may be some flaws in my thinking and I hope to get good academic replies or posts whether supporting, rejecting or modifying the ideas presented here.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

The Edited version

Positive Trading Vs Negative Trading What you think?

Let us confine this to the bettorrent only else it would be a vast subject which I don't think is appropriate to be discussed here.

My idea regarding trading is that we can not live without it. This the effective compostion of this world is dependent on many trades which we make in our life. Even a mother loving her child expect to receive love from her child. Is it not a trade. God (according to many relegions) would make a trade with the people in the afterlife where he would award hell and heaven on their account of good and bad deeds. We can not avoid trades in this world and life but there are certain trades to look for and certain trades to avoid. Now here come the question which trades to be avoided and which not. Let us divide trades in the following two catagories. which I would explain with the help of a few examples.

Positive Trades

When you give someone something which he deserves and he gives you something which you deserve.
Examples:

1. You download a torrent from a tracker. As a member of that tracker you deserve this but after downloading it you have to give back to the tracker and seed the torrent 1:1 that is something which the tracker deserves. Millions of downloads from the trackers-which are seeded back completely-are the examples of this kind of positive trades.

2. You invite someone to a tracker after satisfying yourself (through any means chatting, posts, view his stats on other trackers) that he would be a good member.If the person in question possesses all the qualities of becoming a good member of the tracker then he deserves the invite and it is fairly positive to give him the invite. But in order to complete the trade transaction that person also has to give something which his inviter and the tracker deserve. What they deserve?
The inviter deserve the respect and gratitude of the invitee.
The tracker deserve that the member should be a good member there.
If the member give the person who invited him and the tracker what they deserve then it is a completed positive trade transaction. Thousands of good members of trackers who were invited to them are the examples of such positive trade. There are several example of this kind of trade which can be found in many areas of bit-torrent world but if looked at by someone thinking out of the box.

Negative Trades

When one of the trading partners does not get what he deserves or get more than he deserves.

1. You download a torrent from a tracker. As a member of that tracker you deserve that but after downloading it completely you do not seed back and close your client immediately. In this case you are denying the tracker something which it deserves. Well! no one like this kind of trade. It is unfair and is an example of negative trade. Thousand of hit and run cases where a down loader does not seed back completely or do not complete the requirement of that respective tracker, are examples of such kind of negative trade.

2. You invite someone to a tracker but that someone does not deserve to be there (you have not fully satisfied yourself that person would be a good member or you took some money for it which of course you don't deserve etc). This kind of trade is in fact wrong in the first place and is again an example of negative trade. Well different kinds of trade cases where traders sell the invites or accounts of popular trackers, are the examples of such trades.

Here on forums the kind of trade which is more often than not discussed is negative trade where a trader sells the invite or account of a particular tracker. In this way he violates all the principles of positive trade.

The_Martinator
11-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Since you're an expert on the trading subject, could you tell me what is the percentage of "Positive trades" amongst all trades?

I bet it's low.

Swift
11-20-2009, 04:48 PM
If the middleman project goes well you wouldn't need this

emperorIX
11-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Lol. I don't think the other two posters bothered to read your post.

However, I did and I would have to say that the only example of a trade you presented was the second example of a negative trade, where a real transaction takes place. The relationship between users and trackers is really more symbiotic than commercial in nature and can't really be used as a trading example.

I do get what you're trying to get at, but there really isn't much in the BT world that involves trading, implicitly, other than invite trading, of course.

I personally feel that if users break tracker rules, they will eventually get caught. So, I really don't care if people trade/buy invites, they'll eventually be caught and expelled. I know it's generally considered to be a security risk, but, really, how easy would it be for some anti-piracy org to pretend to be a fine upstanding BT citizen and get into all the trackers they wanted? Not only would it require a minimal amount of time, but it would also be much more beneficial for the feds to go this route, gaining trust and "friends", than to simply trade/buy their way in with no real legitimate contacts. The way, I see it, trading is simply discouraged or prohibited to keep out the noobs and to remain elite.

As a result, I guess the only negative trade I can see is where someone is scammed. And, of course, a positive trade would involve both parties walking away satisfied.

sheriff 01
11-20-2009, 11:41 PM

My ideas regarding trading is that we can not live without it. This is the effective composition of this world which is dependent on many trades which we make in life. Even a mother loving her child expect to receive love from her child. Is it not a trade. Even God (according to many religions would make a trade with the people in the afterlife where he would award hell and heaven on their account of good and bad deeds. We can not avoid trades in this world and life but there are certain trades to look for and certain trades to avoid. Now here come the question which trades to be avoided and which not. Let us divide trades in the following two categories. which I would explain with the help of a few examples.

Positive Trades
When you give someone which he deserves and he gives you something which you deserve.
Examples:
1. You download a torrent from a tracker. As a member of that tracker you deserve this but now you give back to the tracker and seed the torrent 1:1 that is something which the tracker deserves.
2. You invite someone to a tracker after satisfying yourself (through any means chatting, posts, view his stats on other trackers) that he would be a good member. Now the that particular member deserve the invite so he gets it but now he has to give back and that can be only in one form to be a good member of that tracker to which he is invited.

Negative Trades
1. You download a torrent from a tracker. As a member of that tracker you deserve that but you do not seed back and close your client immediately after download then you are denying the tracker something which it deserve and believe me noone like negative trades.
2. You invite someone to a tracker but that someone does not deserve to be there (you have not fully satisfied yourself that person would be a good member or you took some money for it which you don't deserve etc). This kind of trade is infact wrong in the first place and is again an example of negative trade.

So the best approach is to avoid negative trades and promote positive trades. Now no one is perfect in this world there may be some flaws in my thinking and I hope to get good academic replies or posts whether supporting, rejecting or modifying the ideas presented here.

It appears as though you have an ample amount of time on your hands. :yup:
Why dont you apply your intellectual theories in other aspects that could benifit this community as a whole.

KushBlow
11-21-2009, 12:58 AM
I seriously doubt anyone that will reply in this thread can analyze the aspect of positive and negative trading, let alone trading.

Enlightened
11-21-2009, 01:30 AM
As a member of that tracker you deserve this but now you give back to

The best word I caught from the whole thing was the word "DESERVE"....LOL:lol::lol::lol:

sez
11-21-2009, 05:33 AM
lol this borders near ignorance and stupidity,like seriously riz.BT is not RL,your argument becomes flawed as from that point.

TrollinThunder
11-21-2009, 06:29 AM
Nel mezzo del cammin di nostra vita, mi ritrovai una selva oscura...

The_Martinator
11-21-2009, 08:51 AM
Lol. I don't think the other two posters bothered to read your post.

However, I did and I would have to say that the only example of a trade you presented was the second example of a negative trade, where a real transaction takes place. The relationship between users and trackers is really more symbiotic than commercial in nature and can't really be used as a trading example.

I do get what you're trying to get at, but there really isn't much in the BT world that involves trading, implicitly, other than invite trading, of course.

I personally feel that if users break tracker rules, they will eventually get caught. So, I really don't care if people trade/buy invites, they'll eventually be caught and expelled. I know it's generally considered to be a security risk, but, really, how easy would it be for some anti-piracy org to pretend to be a fine upstanding BT citizen and get into all the trackers they wanted? Not only would it require a minimal amount of time, but it would also be much more beneficial for the feds to go this route, gaining trust and "friends", than to simply trade/buy their way in with no real legitimate contacts. The way, I see it, trading is simply discouraged or prohibited to keep out the noobs and to remain elite.

As a result, I guess the only negative trade I can see is where someone is scammed. And, of course, a positive trade would involve both parties walking away satisfied.

Haha, obviously you haven't read a lot of other posts about trading here and everywhere else as it's not nearly that simple.

As for me not reading his post, I did and I asked him a question. The answer to it will prove that what he's trying to do is in vain.

RizKhan25000
11-22-2009, 03:39 PM
Well! I admit I failed to convey/communicate the ideas clearly. The posts so far in this thread show this fact. So I am editing the original post. I produce the original and then the edited post as under. Let us see how people see it.

My ideas regarding trading is that we can not live without it. The effective composition of this world is dependent on many trades which we make in life. Even a mother loving her child expect to receive love from her child. Is it not a trade. Even God (according to many religions would make a trade with the people in the afterlife where he would award hell and heaven on their account of good and bad deeds. We can not avoid trades in this world and life but there are certain trades to look for and certain trades to avoid. Now here come the question which trades to be avoided and which not. Let us divide trades in the following two categories. which I would explain with the help of a few examples.

Positive Trades
Examples:

Negative Trades

The Edited version

Positive Trading Vs Negative Trading What you think?

My idea regarding trading is that we can not live without it. This the effective compostion of this world is dependent on many trades which we make in our life. Even a mother loving her child expect to receive love from her child. Is it not a trade. God (according to many relegions) would make a trade with the people in the afterlife where he would award hell and heaven on their account of good and bad deeds. We can not avoid trades in this world and life but there are certain trades to look for and certain trades to avoid. Now here come the question which trades to be avoided and which not. Let us divide trades in the following two catagories. which I would explain with the help of a few examples.

Positive Trades

When you give someone something which he deserves and he gives you something which you deserve.
Examples:

1. You download a torrent from a tracker. As a member of that tracker you deserve this but after downloading it you have to give back to the tracker and seed the torrent 1:1 that is something which the tracker deserves. Millions of downloads from the trackers-which are seeded back completely-are the examples of this kind of positive trades.

2. You invite someone to a tracker after satisfying yourself (through any means chatting, posts, view his stats on other trackers) that he would be a good member.If the person in question possesses all the qualities of becoming a good member of the tracker then he deserves the invite and it is fairly positive to give him the invite. But in order to complete the trade transaction that person also has to give something which his inviter and the tracker deserve. What they deserve?
The inviter deserve the respect and gratitude of the invitee.
The tracker deserve that the member should be a good member there.
If the member give the person who invited him and the tracker what they deserve then it is a completed positive trade transaction. Thousands of good members of trackers who were invited to them are the examples of such positive trade. There are several example of this kind of trade which can be found in many areas of bit-torrent world but if looked at by someone thinking out of the box.

Negative Trades

1. You download a torrent from a tracker. As a member of that tracker you deserve that but after downloading it completely you do not seed back and close your client immediately. In this case you are denying the tracker something which it deserves. Well! no one like this kind of trade. It is unfair and is an example of negative trade. Thousand of hit and run cases where a down loader does not seed back completely or do not complete the requirement of that respective tracker, are examples of such kind of negative trade.

2. You invite someone to a tracker but that someone does not deserve to be there (you have not fully satisfied yourself that person would be a good member or you took some money for it which of course you don't deserve etc). This kind of trade is in fact wrong in the first place and is again an example of negative trade. Well different kinds of trade cases where traders sell the invites or accounts of popular trackers, are the examples of such trades.

Here on forums the kind of trade which is more often than not discussed is negative trade where a trader sells the invite or account of a particular tracker. In this way he violates all the principles of positive trade.

Cabalo
11-22-2009, 04:35 PM
I split traders, and trading in general, in two separate categories:

The trader, who trades to fulfill some kind of need (music, games, and so on)
The trader, who trades to get into secretive sites as his ultimate goal. For him it's a game, and doesn't give a shit to what he trades.

For the first group, I understand they can trade, as they don't expect that a good soul just comes out of nowhere and invites them. And they are actually going to put the account for a good use.
The latter, are the problem. Who can have any kind of respect for them ?

Bad-Day
11-22-2009, 08:33 PM
I´m not gonna read that.

Fuck i have a life!

Ps: and i split it in 3, the ones cabalo wrote, and the third one, is cabalo

Rart
11-22-2009, 09:12 PM
Ps: and i split it in 3, the ones cabalo wrote, and the third one, is cabalo

:yup: