PDA

View Full Version : Looking For A Html Editor For Newbies.

leonidas
10-11-2003, 06:42 AM
I want to edit a french klite build-in web page, with links to french forums, and sites. which html builder do you recomend me, knowing that I don't know anything about that kind of manipulation. :huh:

toddiscool
10-11-2003, 06:46 AM
Frontpage is by far the Easiest that I have seen.

leonidas
10-11-2003, 06:57 AM
Thanks

nostalgia
10-11-2003, 07:30 AM
My vote goes to coolpage 2.72. Free to try (as long as it takes). http://www.coolpage.com

I.am
10-11-2003, 07:42 AM
Don't listen to anyone. Use Frontpage or Dreamweaver. Whether you are starting off or are an expert both are handy. Frontpage has a MsWord look so easier for some people but it insertss junk codes. But its ok in the starting. Goodluck! :)

nostalgia
10-11-2003, 07:47 AM
Why shouldn't he listen? He's asking for advice and therefore it's quit normall that people react.
Go for Coolpage it is the most easiest HTML WYSIWYG editor you've seen.
Dreamweaver imo isn't suitable for a newbee.
Frontpage has it's flaws.
Real advice: try all recommendations and stick with the one you like the most.

I.am
10-11-2003, 09:28 AM
I didn't mean literally to ignore others. You very much have the right to have your own opinions, and so do I.

However since you have brought CoolPage up let me bring up some points. It is only for people who want to start building very basic webpages and things you can do is very limited.

Why should I say when others have already said a lot about it. Moreover I don't want to repeat the same thing because I haven't used it. My knowledge about its ups and downs come from these reviews as well. Suit yourself and take out some time to read it.

CNET User Reviews (http://download.com.com/3302-2048_4-10153585.html?pn=1&fb=0)

CoolPage Website Creator Review (http://www.busymarketing.com/coolpage.shtml)

Again, even after reading this you prefer, then its your own choice. I have been in webdevelopment field for years. Whether its basic or advanced Frontpage and Dreamweaver are both handy.

Cheers!
I.am

nostalgia
10-11-2003, 05:38 PM
Cheers to you as well, but I made my first steps building a site with Coolpage cause I couldn't get good results with Frontpage or Dreamweaver. So actually I'm a newbee with building sites. And as I understood so is Leonidas.
Therefore my reaction.
Nothing seriuos though ;)

Ynhockey
10-11-2003, 08:00 PM
Go to http://www.ynhockey.net/html.php and read my guide - the guide is made for newbies and you'll know HTML pretty well once you read it - then just use Notepad. If you're impatient though, I'd recommend Dreamweaver... but HTML isn't hard to master at all, it would take you oh... a week maybe.

nostalgia
10-11-2003, 08:52 PM
Looks good. maybe if I have the time I might use your site as a startingpoint learning HTML

leonidas
10-11-2003, 09:10 PM
Thanks. I'm going to try coolpage 4 the moment , & I'll try front page when I get some more knowledge

leonidas
10-12-2003, 01:09 AM
Yeah finally I installed colpage on my computer, and it was kinda crapy :angry:
First if you get the free version, all pages you'll create will have an add from coolpage.
And secondly when I uninstalled it, it displayed a strange message, and then took ages to close. Now I don't know if I got some trojan or something.

I.am
10-12-2003, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by leonidas@11 October 2003 - 20:09
First if you get the free version, all pages you'll create will have an add from coolpage.
And secondly when I uninstalled it, it displayed a strange message, and then took ages to close. Now I don't know if I got some trojan or something.
I am not sure but one of the CNet users posted this comment.

"Full of Spy ware"
Keeps trying to log into the net with a 1900 number...

Get SpyBot Search and Destroy! (http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?lang=en&page=download)just to be on the safe side.

Edit: You didn't read the reviews of coolpage i had linked :D !

leonidas
10-12-2003, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by I.am+12 October 2003 - 03:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (I.am @ 12 October 2003 - 03:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-leonidas@11 October 2003 - 20:09
First if you get the free version, all pages you&#39;ll create will have an add from coolpage.
And secondly when I uninstalled it, it displayed a strange message, and then took ages to close. Now I don&#39;t know if I got some trojan or something.
I am not sure but one of the CNet users posted this comment.

"Full of Spy ware"
Keeps trying to log into the net with a 1900 number...

Get SpyBot Search and Destroy&#33; (http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?lang=en&page=download)just to be on the safe side.

Edit: You didn&#39;t read the reviews of coolpage i had linked :D &#33; [/b][/quote]
Damn I should be more attentive&#33; :angry:

Thanks for your warnings and for the spybot link ;)

Amarjit
10-12-2003, 01:44 PM
FrontPage is a good start, but as it&#39;s features become limited, Dreamweaver MX 2004 becomes the better alternative. :)

nostalgia
10-13-2003, 07:36 AM
@Leonidas: If happened what you&#39;ve described, really sorry for that. Didn&#39;t happen to me though.
I&#39;m running Spybot S&D and Adware for years now (including updates) and none of them gave a warning about a certain flaw, spy/adware in Coolpage. If they did I wouldn&#39;t have recommended it&#33;

@I.am:Normally I don&#39;t pay attention to user opinions on donwload.com/CNET, cause we all know that they&#39;re manipulated a lot.

leonidas
10-13-2003, 09:12 AM
Don&#39;t worry my computer is doing fine ;)

I just found it so weird this message displayed, the time it took to remove it, & the users opinion confirmed that thought.
Since I &#39;ve installed spybot & adaware, they wipped off sum shit, but I don&#39;t know if it came from coolpage.
Anyway, with CoolPage, all pages you&#39;ll create will have an add. & I hate adds more than everything. & it&#39;s really limited.
Now I&#39;m gonna use Dreamweather, when I get something to translate the app in french.

Thank for your kindness & help :)

Leonidas

3RA1N1AC
10-13-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by toddiscool@10 October 2003 - 22:46
Frontpage is by far the Easiest that I have seen.
agreed. it&#39;s not the most advanced, but it&#39;s definitely the easiest.

being an MS program, Frontpage content looks great in Internet Explorer. compatibility with other browsers isn&#39;t that good, once you start making complicated tables. to make sure your stuff displays correctly in Mozilla/Netscape, Opera, Linux browsers, etc, you&#39;ll have to learn a bit about editing html by hand.

but that isn&#39;t anything to be really concerned about, since Internet Explorer pretty much has a monopoly on browsing.