PDA

View Full Version : 50 Cent Doesn't Care About Piracy

Benjamin
11-22-2009, 04:14 AM
"I see it as a part of the marketing, because the people that purchase the material from a pirating perspective, they end up at the concert, because they can't help but fall in love with the material at that point..."

Fast forward to 2:00 min to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OcAB5CY1o0

Listening to Psycho .. bye

1000possibleclaws
11-22-2009, 04:29 AM
I see that statement as marketing, since everyone knows the majority of teens (his target market) download their music.

sookee
11-22-2009, 05:07 AM
download music or die tryin

NiKRuLeZ
11-22-2009, 01:16 PM
lol

Bad-Day
11-22-2009, 08:35 PM
I dont care about is music, so, this is useless.

pone44
11-22-2009, 08:45 PM
Does 50 Cent use bt?

Albo Da Kid
11-22-2009, 09:57 PM
I would have thought his loss to Kanye West on Record Sales would have changed his perspective on Piracy.

pone44
11-22-2009, 10:20 PM
He is paid. Either it's a bluff or he is for real about it. He is making movies,vitamin water(or whatever else he owns) The album has a movie that is called Before I Self Destruct. The guy is probably enjoying life. When the money runs out, he may start to care. Doubt that will happen, who knows.

"I see it as a part of the marketing, because the people that purchase the material from a pirating perspective, they end up at the concert, because they can't help but fall in love with the material at that point..."

He is right on that above statement. If he puts out good music or something that will attract people to his concerts then they will buy the CD. The Album itself is OK. Have not really listened to it in it's entirety. The way the music industry is, he or someone he promotes will be one of the top selling artists for the foreseeable future, it seems.

Albo Da Kid
11-22-2009, 10:28 PM
When the money runs out, he may start to care.
You're probably right.

With that said I doubt he cares about piracy as well. Matter fact I think he condones it, and the reason I say that is because knowing 50 Cent's jealous personality, I would bet that he doesn't want to see any other artist make as much money as him with record sales.. Or even come slightly close to him financially for that matter

I think he has one of the highest selling record sales for Get Rich or Die Tryin', and I bet he would love to keep that record under his belt for years to come.

BTW, I saw the Before I Self Distruct movie, and even though it's safe to call it Garbage on many counts, I enjoyed it a lot. I loved how gangsta that shit was lol

pone44
11-22-2009, 10:36 PM
True. He probably would be along with other artists check to see whose is album is downloaded the most, out of arrogance.
Imagine if 50 cent's sales go up now. Other artists will think that it is good to let people download it then decide if they want to buy it.

The artists who care are either under pressure by their producers/owners or they they are close minded to how things are. I can't count how many times I bought a album and maybe 1 song was worth listening to. Would much rather sample the album then decide if it's worth buying.

When the money runs out, he may start to care.
You're probably right.

With that said I doubt he cares about piracy. Matter fact I think he condones it, and the reason I say that is because knowing 50 Cent's jealous personality, I would bet that he doesn't want to see any other artist make as much money as him with record sales.. Or even come slightly close to him financially for that matter

I think he has one of the highest selling record sales for Get Rich or Die Tryin', and I bet he would love to keep that record under his belt for years to come.

BTW, I saw the Before I Self Distruct movie, and even though it's safe to call it Garbage on many counts, I enjoyed it a lot. I loved how gangsta that shit was lol

Albo Da Kid
11-22-2009, 10:44 PM
The artists who care are either under pressure by their producers/owners or they they are close minded to how things are. I can't count how many times I bought a album and maybe 1 song was worth listening to. Would much rather sample the album then decide if it's worth buying.

That's probably one of the biggest reasons I don't buy albums and download them instead.

Why buy 10 albums and and only put 1 song from each in your Ipod, when you can just download those 10 song and save a bunch of money.

pone44
11-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Not good with loseless/high quality music and it sounds better straight from a CD. I don't use my IPOD, need to. plus I like having the original CD. Not the ones that are crap though.I throw those out the window.

Baderous
11-22-2009, 11:27 PM

That's probably one of the biggest reasons I don't buy albums and download them instead.

Why buy 10 albums and and only put 1 song from each in your Ipod, when you can just download those 10 song and save a bunch of money.

Gotta go with this one... Some many times i bought a CD and regretted immediately.
I only buy every U2 albums. The others, i prefer to download and if good, buy it.

NightAss
11-23-2009, 04:46 AM
i love how thay say thay have lost billions of bucks useing how much we download as a gide of how much money thay have lost when I would not buy 98% of what i download if i can get it for free then fine if not then i wont so just cos i download sumthing dus not mean if that ftp did not have it i would have gorn out and bort it is bull shit

TrollinThunder
11-23-2009, 05:48 AM
I thought this quote was a year or more old. I still don't care.

Benjamin
11-23-2009, 09:59 AM
Not good with loseless/high quality music and it sounds better straight from a CD. I don't use my IPOD, need to. plus I like having the original CD. Not the ones that are crap though.I throw those out the window.

You don't have to be 'good' with lossless, just download an album in flac, burn it to a blank disc, and you have an exact copy of the retail CD.

September 2009 is def. a year or more old.

OTO
11-23-2009, 10:53 AM
:d

sez
11-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Most of the places where bootlegs and mixtapes come from are basically ebony.The western 0day mp3 scene is largely ebony.Most 0day mp3 forums are largely ebony.Therefore from the above premises,chances are that 50 once had a DG4L account and has most likely used rapidshare to pirate some of kanye's and fat joe's music otherwise he ain't no thug.

TrollinThunder
11-23-2009, 03:27 PM

September 2009 is def. a year or more old.[/QUOTE]

Like I clicked the link...:rolleyes:

Albo Da Kid
11-23-2009, 08:12 PM
lol I love how he says I still got an elephant problem I gotta take care of (talking about Fat joe)