PDA

View Full Version : Seedbox for mentioned requirements

apextwin146
11-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Been out of the whole Seedbox scene for a while now ..
So can you guys direct me to a package which maximizes storage while providing the cliched Unlimited Bandwidth?
The provider should be reliable with good support ..
Also as per my understanding Seedbox/Servers situated in Europe would attain better peering that those located elsewhere ..

Also for a 100mbps connection does the client(rTorrent,Utorrent+wine) make a difference in speeds?

More queries to follow :shutup:

seedplace
11-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Hi there,
You can check our unlimited servers here
http://www.seedplace.org.uk/cart.php?gid=2
Since most of the scene users are on OVH you won't have any problems on peering.
No client doesn't really make a difference. But many users had problems with wine and utorrent periodically loosing peers.

seedhost-net
11-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Hi there,
you can check our unlimited servers on
http://www.seedhost.net
we have 24/7 support and great prices.

Thelen
11-24-2009, 08:53 AM
lol @ advertising and not answering his questions thoroughly :P

Most of the scene AREN'T with OVH, just check all their NFOs where they say "wanted: fast FTP/dumpsite (NO OVH)". The scene mostly isn't stupid, and OVH offer not nearly enough anonymity.

Anyhoo, utorrent is an easier to use platform and does have some benefits (faster hashing etc), but overall rtorrent is much much better to run, doubly more so if its on linux, as wine adds a huge overhead.

Good luck!

Pocatello
11-24-2009, 09:16 PM
Most of the scene AREN'T with OVH, just check all their NFOs where they say "wanted: fast FTP/dumpsite (NO OVH)". The scene mostly isn't stupid, and OVH offer not nearly enough anonymity.

Could you explain? I do not understand.

What do you mean about OVH and not enough anonymity?

Thanks. :)

seedplace
11-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Yeah thelen my bad, I was of the scene the time I wrote that.
I meant most of the tracker's users.
OVH doesn't offer anonymity but if you buy through a reseller you want be responsible for anything. The reseller will have to obey the law not you.

nucks2424
11-25-2009, 02:46 AM
seedhost.net are scammers. There customer service once u have paid for there box is horrendous.

NetBios
11-25-2009, 06:23 PM
I'll recommend nbhosting.eu

A great place, but unlimted is a bit pricey. But the servers are from OVH ^^.

Wine + µTorrent wont cause problems on 100 mbit :).

seedhost-net
11-25-2009, 10:39 PM
excuse us ? trowing such accusations in the air is very rude,
why you not contact us directly if you have any issue and sort this out ? also i really doubt that if we were scammers we would last for 1 year in the business with over 1000 satisfied customers.

Thanks.

seedhost.net are scammers. There customer service once u have paid for there box is horrendous.

Cabalo
11-25-2009, 11:09 PM
having complaints about their customer service and going so far as calling them scammers are two very different things.
I suggest you reassess that statement.

seedplace
11-25-2009, 11:24 PM
The exact definition of the word scammer is the person who owns a fraudulent business scheme. In other words someone who gets your money and disappears.
The customer service has nothing to do with that one. And I'm pretty sure that their support is good too.

apextwin146
11-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Anyways moving on the topic of the thread ..
Apart from providers with names starting from the 'Seed' ?
What the cheapest plan i get get for
NX (or something else) Client
Unlimited
utorrent + Wine
100-150gb
?

apextwin146
11-30-2009, 11:00 AM
wat does this mean
"** Unlimited traffic on peering, low priority on the "transit". ""

unoriginal
12-01-2009, 04:43 AM
wat does this mean
"** Unlimited traffic on peering, low priority on the "transit". ""

OVH doesn't count traffic going to other seedboxes run on their servers, its basically traffic that never leaves their datacenter. Transit is when your seedbox is connected and serving traffic to someone other than another OVH box.