PDA

View Full Version : How do you dare to give invites to people just say" I need......"?

tufu1019
11-25-2009, 07:40 AM
I have lots of invites from some sites even though they aren't the most decent.
Because English is not my native language,and I don't want to get into trouble,
so I just monitored the forum and tried to find someone which are suitable for my invites.
Many people may regard the ratio proof or speed test as the most important criteria for
inviting people. But for me, I'd like to see people say more about why they need the trackers,
what are their previous experience with the trackers and their knowledge about the trackers they asked for.
I'll regard this as a more sincere request than just only say" I need..." "I want.." "Please give me..." etc.
Some even request more than 2 in the same post and some request a descent site which
you should know it was hard to get in. In this particular case, you should at least give more informations to let someone consider to invite you.
Especially you don't have long post history or good reputation in this forum.
Ya, you can still cheat me with the words,but I still think you have more chance to get what you want.
Finally,kudos to Cabala-Judge Dredd :D(I just see the movie once again in my cable TV last night)
because you had said most I want to say but seemed many people just don't get it.

megabyteme
11-25-2009, 10:46 AM
I usually give very little credibility to the request and far more into what people have had to say while they have been a member here (and if applicable, elsewhere).

Here are a few thoughts I have had regarding "quality of post(er)":

Sometimes people can be brief and still get their thoughts together while making worthwhile points. Others even have a great knack for spam. It all depends on the poster and how much effort is put into the task.

Some people can be boring as hell in 3 words, others take a whole page to accomplish the same feat. ;)The opposite can also be said.

Initially, I had a lot of disdain for those who played to "mindless" games like "rate that..." or count to X. I have grown to appreciate some of that part of the community as well. Nobody likes to go to a dead forum. It's nice that people are active regardless of how profound their posts are.

There should be at least a reasonable ratio of mindless/inflammatory/spam/negative/positive/interesting posts.

Anyway, I agree that there should be more to a member than an occasional (or constant) requests for invites. Giving back and being part of this community does not require a whole lot of effort. However, it should include some.

Swift
11-25-2009, 11:36 AM
Your invites your rules their invites their rules ! so stfu

Totti
11-25-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm going to saythis to you m8 if you want to give out your invites then do it on your own terms yes ratio and speed tests don't count allot in my book either. In my opinion they have nothing to do what so ever with how good a user is (especially when it comes to speed tests) look into a users posts see where he is actvice and how much so (If that is important to you) and then decide what to do just be very cautious when giving out the invite :)

Totti

cap87
11-25-2009, 12:11 PM
Simple solution: Give invites only to those you trust.

tufu1019
11-25-2009, 12:54 PM
I usually give very little credibility to the request and far more into what people have had to say while they have been a member here (and if applicable, elsewhere).

Here are a few thoughts I have had regarding "quality of post(er)":

Sometimes people can be brief and still get their thoughts together while making worthwhile points. Others even have a great knack for spam. It all depends on the poster and how much effort is put into the task.

Some people can be boring as hell in 3 words, others take a whole page to accomplish the same feat. ;)The opposite can also be said.

Initially, I had a lot of disdain for those who played to "mindless" games like "rate that..." or count to X. I have grown to appreciate some of that part of the community as well. Nobody likes to go to a dead forum. It's nice that people are active regardless of how profound their posts are.

There should be at least a reasonable ratio of mindless/inflammatory/spam/negative/positive/interesting posts.

Anyway, I agree that there should be more to a member than an occasional (or constant) requests for invites. Giving back and being part of this community does not require a whole lot of effort. However, it should include some.
Thanks for sharing your opinions.
I can see your name in another forum and I can totally understand what you say about the acitvity of forum members.
In some forum with more strict rules to sign up,you can see many people to offer the invites
but with just a few people to apply except some invites from a really descent site.
That's also why I want to share some invites to FST members here.
After all, some of my membership also came form someone's invites.

I'm going to saythis to you m8 if you want to give out your invites then do it on your own terms yes ratio and speed tests don't count allot in my book either. In my opinion they have nothing to do what so ever with how good a user is (especially when it comes to speed tests) look into a users posts see where he is actvice and how much so (If that is important to you) and then decide what to do just be very cautious when giving out the invite :)

Totti

Thanks.
Yes, my first step is to check all of his previous posts, then I viewed the content of his post and finally(but not necessary)
the ratio proof or speed test.

Rart
11-25-2009, 03:26 PM
As MBM said, while their other posts may not be the epitome of quality (I do post in the spam section as well :D), I think it is crucial that you really give yourself a good impression when you apply on the invite thread. When I see something like this:

please can i apply for scc if you don't mind cause i'm looking for it for along time as it is a good movie tracker with good content and good speed,and pretimes

That's one of the surefire signs that I would never consider giving the person an invite. If you really want a tracker, explain why, even if it is a terrible reason. Posting something like that is just bland and unoriginal, and shows that you just really don't care. Putting effort into a request is by far, in my opinion, the most helpful thing one can do to bolster their chances.

tufu1019
11-25-2009, 03:41 PM
Good example and well said. Thanks.

IdolEyes787
11-25-2009, 03:47 PM
How to give out invites: a lesson

Sincerity is easily faked commitment is not.
Literacy is no indication of character.
When in doubt always go with the hot chick but make sure you get pictures as proof ( webcam is even better of course - FTN worthy even).

Rart
11-25-2009, 03:50 PM
Webcam will work for any site.

awaited
11-25-2009, 03:52 PM
I'd look if there is an effort in the request. Nobody can be perfect.

Benjamin
11-25-2009, 03:56 PM
I have never invited someone who didn't peak proper english. Worked fine for me so far. I also only invite social and competent people based on my own judgment.

chiefosceola
11-25-2009, 04:55 PM
I like the webcam and hot chick method

zxiuo1
11-25-2009, 05:01 PM
i need

Baderous
11-25-2009, 05:29 PM
+1 for the webcam method. will try to apply it in the future :P

Rart
11-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Are you all hot chicks? :blink:

chiefosceola
11-25-2009, 05:43 PM
Do they even exist in the world of bt

Totti
11-25-2009, 06:14 PM
The bt hot chick is a legend like non-other elusive and very rare....If one is found find yourself extremely lucky and try to add her to your friends list at ALL costs so you can show her to your bt friends ! Do not give up hope for your reward shall come one day :)

Baderous
11-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Do they even exist in the world of bt

Hahaha!

th0r
11-25-2009, 07:19 PM
if anyone remembers kimii from ftn, she was pretty hot

pone44
11-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Not every request needs to be an essay.
If someone is straight to the point,a good member on their other sites then what's the point?

sez
11-25-2009, 08:15 PM

When in doubt always go with the hot chick but make sure you get pictures as proof ( webcam is even better of course - FTN worthy even).

Well said.Nothing short of a beautiful mind :yup:

pentomato
11-25-2009, 08:21 PM

So you want to see the chicks naked? That's a good idea why didn't I think of that one first ahhaha

kooltilldend
11-26-2009, 09:21 AM
just write a long essay...either it'll piss everyone or it'll get you where you want (or both!)...and yes, I speak from experience :happy:

megabyteme
11-26-2009, 09:56 AM
just write a long essay...either it'll piss everyone or it'll get you where you want (or both!)...and yes, I speak from experience :happy:

:lol::D

kooltilldend
11-26-2009, 10:35 AM
oh I forgot to mention one more good thing about writing an essay - since most people don't read what you write, you can write w/e the hell you want just as long as your first 2 and last 2 lines make sense...fill in the rest with a lot of jibberish and you are good to go :D

1000possibleclaws
11-26-2009, 03:54 PM
I would look for good profile links, or if the person is active here or at one of the trackers you are active at. I don't think 'putting effort' into a request should warrant anything.