PDA

View Full Version : Hi, i'm a noob. Halp meh pl0x

Eros-x
11-26-2009, 06:29 AM
Yes, i am very new I know. Just wanted to get that out of the way. Well here's my story: I heard from a friend a while back about this website; he said there was a great community here. A few months ago as many of you know Demonoid Shut down. I like many others was left with out any means of getting decent torrent. I was really discouraged about trying to get into another 'Private Tracker Site.' It was difficult for me to get into Demonoid, I had been with them for so long.

Today i finally decided to attempt to get into another one, while searching endlessly through google for invites(lol.) I knew that would never work, but i tried anyway. While i was on that futile chase i remembered this site. That's why i'm here now. I'm sure that i am not the first to come here and ask for invites without even being known. I am asking for this in the hopes that some one might notice me. I know i may have to work for my invite. What's the harm in trying though?

What I'm asking for is an invite to any site(I'm not picky at ALL.) I'm trying to build a reputation and i have NOTHING to go off. I feel cornered. If some one could PLEASE help me out and invite me to some site, just so i could start to build rep it would be GREATLY appreciated! I'm not a noob at BitTorrent'ing. I know how to keep my ratio high and keep the sites I'm using happy. My ratios on Demonoid were top-notch, had a higher upload rate than download. Sadly i never screen-capped it. I never really tried to get into any other private tracker till now because Demonoid use to fulfill my needs.

I apologize for my grovelling and this long read I've bestowed on you all. I really need some help though.

xuxoxux
11-26-2009, 06:51 AM
This is in the wrong section......just so you know.

Edit:
Correct place:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/

2nd Edit:
Now that I look at the title of this post again.....my god. Really? Why should anyone who cant spell "Help", "me", or "please" correctly be given an invite to any site?!? Build up a rep first. Be active and show people you care...then you will have a much better chance in your search. :)

Totti
11-26-2009, 07:44 AM
Yes, i am very new I know. Just wanted to get that out of the way. Well here's my story: I heard from a friend a while back about this website; he said there was a great community here. A few months ago as many of you know Demonoid Shut down. I like many others was left with out any means of getting decent torrent. I was really discouraged about trying to get into another 'Private Tracker Site.' It was difficult for me to get into Demonoid, I had been with them for so long.

Today i finally decided to attempt to get into another one, while searching endlessly through google for invites(lol.) I knew that would never work, but i tried anyway. While i was on that futile chase i remembered this site. That's why i'm here now. I'm sure that i am not the first to come here and ask for invites without even being known. I am asking for this in the hopes that some one might notice me. I know i may have to work for my invite. What's the harm in trying though?

What I'm asking for is an invite to any site(I'm not picky at ALL.) I'm trying to build a reputation and i have NOTHING to go off. I feel cornered. If some one could PLEASE help me out and invite me to some site, just so i could start to build rep it would be GREATLY appreciated! I'm not a noob at BitTorrent'ing. I know how to keep my ratio high and keep the sites I'm using happy. My ratios on Demonoid were top-notch, had a higher upload rate than download. Sadly i never screen-capped it. I never really tried to get into any other private tracker till now because Demonoid use to fulfill my needs.

I apologize for my grovelling and this long read I've bestowed on you all. I really need some help though.

You sound like good person m8 although this is the wrong section..... :) shoot me a pm I will connect you with some invites to start out with
and btw you can also check out the sites open for registration thread

n00bz0r
11-26-2009, 08:50 AM
what kinda stuff did you use demonoid for?

awaited
11-26-2009, 09:04 AM
check the open-signup thread, it should get u somewhere decent

btw what does "pl0x" means?:unsure:

apextwin146
11-26-2009, 09:22 AM
^ its equivalent of please for mentally challenged ..

kooltilldend
11-26-2009, 09:27 AM
you have 2 posts and you joined just this month...i doubt you can even access the right section for this discussion

pone44
11-26-2009, 09:55 AM
Try sites like the open signup thread here(as said above) or btracs.com, opentrackers.net to check for sites that are open for registration. Read about the sites first and see which ones you are interested in joining.

anon
11-26-2009, 11:48 AM
Monitor the open signups thread, tracker checker sites (BTRACS, OpenTrackers), and P2P blogs (FILEnetworks, FSF). I got inside many great trackers this way.

Also, once you fulfill certain requirements, you'll be able to access this board's invite section, where you can apply for giveaways or trade invites.

Cabalo
11-26-2009, 01:48 PM
The best advice has been given prior to what I will say. Check the open signups thread. You have no idea how many great trackers are open.

About the technical part of this thread. Usually requesting invites outside the correct section gives you the boot, so maybe taking a small time to read how this works would do fine.
In 2 weeks you'll be able to send and receive PMs, and then you will be able to contact Totti, for example.

IdolEyes787
11-26-2009, 01:51 PM
You build a "reputation" by what you do ( being involved, informative ,friendly,funny etc) not by belonging to or getting or giving invites to x number of sites*.
(http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../boardrules/)Just my opinion, which doesn't count for much,, but as far as reputation goes better to be a great member of one site then a so-so member of many.:ermm:

(http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../boardrules/)Equally importantly

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/boardrules/
(http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../boardrules/)Rule 12 - BitTorrent Invites Requesting or offering BitTorrent invites MUST be done in the BitTorrent Invites forum; requests or offers made in other sections will be removed. Those repeating this may have their account locked or Banned.
You MUST be a member for at least 15 days before you can request or offer BitTorrent invites, or even access the BitTorrent Invites forum. Those trying to bypass this by requesting or offering invites in other sections of the forum will have their accounts locked or banned from the site.

(http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../boardrules/)* except for n00bz0r's sister who earned her reputation the old fashion way -by sleeping around.

Baderous
11-26-2009, 02:13 PM
^ its equivalent of please for mentally challenged ..

Hahaha. That was bad... :lol:

It's the new trend! Maybe we should create a thread with all these new words, so i can read the interwebz in a few years.