PDA

View Full Version : was carat raided or is it prespam?

TrollinThunder
11-27-2009, 08:21 PM
CaratNetworks.RAIDED.BY.FBI.DOZENS.OF.SITES.OFFLINE.LARGEST.CANADIAN.P2P.RAID.EVER.HAS.JUST.HAPPENED-1

I'm guessing it's prespam, but I'm curious if anyone has found any sites hosted at Carat going down today.

thatdudedizz
11-27-2009, 08:44 PM
good question, alot of carat sites are down thogh

djkoatsy
11-27-2009, 08:45 PM
dont know if it has been raided but sites are down, Ours included. Went down about (roughly) 20:00 GMT :(

http://www.caratnetworks.com/clients/index.php

BobFromAccounting
11-27-2009, 08:46 PM
It's been popping on and off, hopefully just a problem with an upstream provider or core router issue.

thatdudedizz
11-27-2009, 08:56 PM
CaratNetworks.RAIDED.BY.FBI.DOZENS.OF.SITES.OFFLINE.LARGEST.CANADIAN.P2P.RAID.EVER.HAS.JUST.HAPPENED-1

I'm guessing it's prespam, but I'm curious if anyone has found any sites hosted at Carat going down today.

delpre'd

BobFromAccounting
11-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Apparently it was a pretty large-scale DDoS, but they null routed the IP and everything's up and running again.

IdolEyes787
11-27-2009, 09:25 PM

What does the F.B.I. have to do with Canada?:unsure:

thatdudedizz
11-27-2009, 09:25 PM
whatever it was , it was a pain in my irc clients ass

idoleyes, Ca let the fbi come in and get marc emery over seeds, im sure they could get a server if they wanted it bad enough

TrollinThunder
11-27-2009, 10:48 PM

What does the F.B.I. have to do with Canada?:unsure:

That was my first reason for doubting it along with the fact that it came through under DVDR category. But I figured sceners aren't too concerned about jurisdiction or details.

I assume the FBI could work in conjunction with their Canadian counterparts though.

dvdasacd
11-28-2009, 02:57 AM
Official email from Carat:

Hello,

Today we have been experiencing a major attack across our network that has affected everyone including our upstream providers.

We have been working to mitigate the attack including routing traffic, but the attack is constantly being changed to negate our efforts.

Our upstream providers are constantly working us to follow the attack and null the attack as it evolves.

At the current time our network is returning to a more stable setting, however if you are still offline, please send us a traceroute to your server along with its main IP Address and we will troubleshoot the issue.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this issue, you can email us at ....... and we will get back to you.

Thanks for your patience with this matter,

Carat Networks

I wonder if it's the scene that's attacking them. They hate the people associated with carat...

I don't know where that supposed scenenotice came from TrollinThunder, but it would make sense if it was just a silly scare tactic as part of an attack...

BobFromAccounting
11-28-2009, 04:18 AM
Official email from Carat:

Hello,

Today we have been experiencing a major attack across our network that has affected everyone including our upstream providers.

We have been working to mitigate the attack including routing traffic, but the attack is constantly being changed to negate our efforts.

Our upstream providers are constantly working us to follow the attack and null the attack as it evolves.

At the current time our network is returning to a more stable setting, however if you are still offline, please send us a traceroute to your server along with its main IP Address and we will troubleshoot the issue.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this issue, you can email us at ....... and we will get back to you.

Thanks for your patience with this matter,

Carat Networks

I wonder if it's the scene that's attacking them. They hate the people associated with carat...

I don't know where that supposed scenenotice came from TrollinThunder, but it would make sense if it was just a silly scare tactic as part of an attack...

There was no scenenotice, that was just spam added by the guys at p2p-net.eu. At least I believe it was them / someone with access to their addpre, considering it was on no other feeds.