PDA

View Full Version : Which tracker is the safest?

fringer
11-28-2009, 04:21 PM
On the TL forums I've read a lot of topics about people receiving infringement letters from their ISPs. So I am getting a little worried. Should I change TL with something else? I also have account on Zamunda. Do you think it's safer to download form there because it's Bulgarian tracker? What do you think is the safest tracker to use?

anon
11-28-2009, 04:25 PM
Given the fact that Zamunda has over 600000 users, I wouldn't find it safer than TL.

No tracker is 100% safe, but if you download from sites like SCC, ScT or FTN (hard to get) I think you should be fine.

Cabalo
11-28-2009, 04:32 PM
On the TL forums I've read a lot of topics about people receiving infringement letters from their ISPs. So I am getting a little worried. Should I change TL with something else? I also have account on Zamunda. Do you think it's safer to download form there because it's Bulgarian tracker? What do you think is the safest tracker to use?
Keep TL and use actively IPfilter.dat
It's not nearly 100% reliable, but it surely won't hurt your security.

Funkin'
11-28-2009, 04:42 PM
My opinion, get yourself another 0day/general tracker(I suppose the smaller, harder to get into sites are safer than the big ones) and use TL as a backup for their older files that aren't easily found on other sites. The copyright notices in their forums appear to be mostly for brand new files(blockbuster movies, new big games, etc).

Rart
11-28-2009, 05:48 PM
As funkin said, most of the copyright notices seem come from newly released blockbuster hits, among others.

Avoid CAMs, workprints, early releases, etc. like the plague, especially on larger sites like TL. If you really want one of those releases, try getting them from a smaller, less well known site.

anon
11-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Avoid CAMs, workprints, early releases, etc. like the plague, especially on larger sites like TL. If you really want one of those releases, try getting them from a smaller, less well known site.

One-click hosters would also be safe, I think.

karachidude
11-28-2009, 06:05 PM
thanks for the info guys i learned,though i m not on TL at the moment :)

kallieb
11-28-2009, 10:16 PM

......and you're happy about this because???

Brandon
11-29-2009, 12:35 AM
TTC is the safest IMO

0Ri0N
11-29-2009, 01:14 AM
i would say FTN or FsC, maybe im wrong!

rubix
11-29-2009, 01:20 AM

......and you're happy about this because???

he learned something? :dry:

Ac3Dunk
11-29-2009, 03:12 AM
I highly recommend Mango, best tracker ever, they are open for recruitment if you have at least proof of 2GB speed limit.

RizKhan25000
11-29-2009, 03:29 PM
There is no safest tracker. It is a myth. All the internet traffic has to pass through lines, nodes, ISPs etc. No matter how much you encrypt it there is always a way to decrypt it. If the Governments want to find about a particular tracker they can do so very easily. But following are some guidelines to find a safer tracker!

1. First of all the tracker should not be a known P2L. There are quite a few sceners who are special enemies to such trackers.
2. Should not be very well known. Your precious SCT was one of the most insecure tracker on earth because every one seemed to be know its name and url.
3. The smallest the better. It is on the assumption that the Agencies would not waste time running tiny trackers but would rather go after the big names.
4. It should be harder to get in.

These four conditions do not indicate towards a safest tracker but they would help you to find a safer tracker.

fringer
11-29-2009, 03:33 PM
There is no safest tracker. It is a myth. All the internet traffic has to pass through lines, nodes, ISPs etc. No matter how much you encrypt it there is always a way to decrypt it. If the Governments want to find about a particular tracker they can do so very easily. But following are some guidelines to find a safer tracker!

1. First of all the tracker should not be a known P2L. There are quite a few sceners who are special enemies to such trackers.
2. Should not be very well known. Your precious SCT was one of the most insecure tracker on earth because every one seemed to be know its name and url.
3. The smallest the better. It is on the assumption that the Agencies would not waste time running tiny trackers but would rather go after the big names.

These four conditions do not indicate towards a safest tracker but they would help you to find a safer tracker.
Do you think SCC meets these requirements?

RizKhan25000
11-29-2009, 03:43 PM
SCC is a good tracker but you yourself know that it is a well known tracker. Anyone can find its url very easily. It is not harder to get in. But anyhow that is the case with most of the known trackers trackers. The same thing can be said about TL, GFT, HT, DDT etc. You should probably look for some secret tracker if you are experienced torrenter. If you can't find one then the safest prcedure would be to log in through a paid and reliable proxy system for downloading and browsing. I think such a thing is called VPN if I am not wrong.

cherio
11-29-2009, 03:46 PM
any tracker can be safer with a seedbox. Xirvik comes with http proxy.

cap87
11-29-2009, 03:53 PM

so wrong :happy:

ca_aok
11-29-2009, 04:44 PM
The only safe tracker is the one with a single member (yourself). Any time someone gets invited that you don't know in real life, your tracker is no longer safe.

If you can get invited to a tracker, don't you think an anti-P2P employee who gets PAID to get into these sites can do it too?

Yawn @ paranoia.

sez
11-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Yawn @ paranoia.

you got that right.
ftwr closed because there was no motivation to run it.
Fort knox and sct,intentionally closed to conceal evidence to protect specific persons for possibly their own individual mistakes.
Where does this secure v/s insecure tracker debate come from?

kukushka
11-29-2009, 05:25 PM
i think all "national" trackers are good enough as long as you're foreign to them

cinephilia
11-29-2009, 08:31 PM
i would say FTN or FsC, maybe im wrong!
i'd say uk-t and sct.
wait... they got shut down!1!!

DubDub
11-29-2009, 08:34 PM
not funny man^

cinephilia
11-29-2009, 08:35 PM
it wasn't meant to be funny :mellow:

DubDub
11-29-2009, 08:36 PM
lol alright than. are you also a Sct member?

cinephilia
11-29-2009, 08:39 PM
not you business:snooty:

DubDub
11-29-2009, 08:49 PM
I got you

you posted : the new sct forum is starting to become a true trade-fest lol. in the Sct is closing thread

hello fellow Sct Member!!

Enzo
11-29-2009, 11:03 PM
non is safer..

KushBlow
11-30-2009, 12:07 AM
it wasn't meant to be funny :mellow:

This guy just stole a play from my playbook.

dvdasacd
12-01-2009, 12:45 AM
If you can get invited to a tracker, don't you think an anti-P2P employee who gets PAID to get into these sites can do it too?Are you ure about that? Not saying it isn't true, but people always say this. Do we have any info that proves that there are anti-piracy agents who get paid to get into every little secret tracker possible?

Sure, doing this is a way to lead them to the scene, the source which is often their primary target, but what makes us so sure they're always going after them (in permanent long-term investigations)?

Are we only assuming this? (and yeah it's better to be on the safe assuming side, but that's not my point).

Brandon
12-01-2009, 03:05 AM
For you, all trackers are "safe".
In fact, even for torrent staff trackers are safe unless they do really naughty things.
Feds will spend their money taking down the source (ftp's, release groups) rather than spending money to take down one torrent site and watch 3 more pop up..

Why waste money trying to take down one distributor when they can go after the source and kill all distributors?

TrollinThunder
12-01-2009, 03:51 AM
And even if they go after a torrent site, they'll take out the staff and uploaders if anyone... :/

TP635
12-01-2009, 08:35 AM
TPB is safe; the bad guys go for the owners; not users.

anon
12-01-2009, 05:42 PM
They'll still try to catch you if you're within their reach - or at least send you a letter. I'd advice using an IP filter and being careful with what you download from TPB.

jimmyg123
12-02-2009, 04:33 AM
Thats a good question I been asking myself that for a longtime i just try to limit my dl's to what I need and not go crazy on a tracker.

pone44
12-02-2009, 05:19 AM
Na. If your going to use a tracker then use it. If they want you then they will get you :fear:

Thats a good question I been asking myself that for a longtime i just try to limit my dl's to what I need and not go crazy on a tracker.