PDA

View Full Version : crisis consequenses

kukushka
11-29-2009, 03:46 PM
what are you thinking about it guys? from my point of view, there will be some changes in people's attitude:
- less and more careful donations
- less buffering
- less "this tracker is my home" attitude, more towards having different trackers of a kind
- more caution towards older trackers where staff manage sites somehow at inertia

Sylar666
11-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Collectors, way to go! :)

cherio
11-29-2009, 04:18 PM
its wrong how sct just had a donation drive and now the owner is running off with the money. Donating is risky because it is hard to be anon. If a site gets busted that paypal info can be compromised.

Most people have more than 1 tracker to get their stuff and not as much loyalty to one. With all these closings it is not good to get attached, what is here one day will be gone the next.

One positive thing to come from this is seeing communities like TL step up and offer invites.

sez
11-29-2009, 04:22 PM
No drama no trauma

Zebra
11-29-2009, 04:29 PM
No drama no trauma

lol nice one

brightsid
11-29-2009, 04:41 PM
less and more careful donations
There is nothing wrong in supporting a site/tracker you like. On the other hand begging for donations and/or p2i-p2l is something complete different. Everyone has to choose what to support. Rabbit was looking for a few hundred euros to cover their expenses and ScT needed a lot of Ks . Different aspects of the same world I guess

less buffering
Never had and never will have huge TB of buffer. My speed is limited and I only download things I like so I don't really need all that TB to be covered

less "this tracker is my home" attitude, more towards having different trackers of a kind
Never felt this way. There are a few trackers I enjoy hanging around mainly because I find a lot of interesting things to read but my "home" no. I'm going to miss both of the sites for different reasons but none of them or any other is "home"

more caution towards older trackers where staff manage sites somehow at inertia
Staff is what makes the difference in these close communities. They and their close group of member is the atmosphere. Sure there are new "community" trackers trying to establish. We have to wait to see if they manage to succeed. Till now they are just communities looking to survive