PDA

View Full Version : Not that anyone's noticed, but...

j2k4
12-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Global Warming has shot it's wad.

The gravy-train continues to roll, for the nonce.

clocker
12-02-2009, 03:45 AM
Boy, that damn environment.
We're spending all this time and money trying to preserve it and what gratitude does it repay us with?

Nothing...just nothing.

We should just let Corporate America formulate our environmental policy, right?
Let the market deal with Mother Nature.

j2k4
12-02-2009, 10:45 AM
What's all that got to do with Global Warming?

clocker
12-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Oh, you know...COČ emissions as a factor in global warming and all that poppycock.
Regulated by the EPA, isn't it?
Why let a bunch of tree-hugging scientists determine what's good for us when our enlightened corporate overlords, using the power of the free market, could do a much better job?

BTW, it strikes me as odd that you didn't jump on the birther bandwagon given your denial of global warming.
In both cases the logic is the same...you can't prove that "A" exists, therefore "B" must be true.
You can't prove Obama's nationality with a certificate I deem acceptable, therefore he must be Kenyan.
You can't prove global warming exists, therefore mankind has no effect on the environment.

Seems like you're really missing an opportunity to amp up your crazy level.

jurrele
12-02-2009, 06:09 PM
we need to save our enviornment

bigboab
12-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Global Warming has shot it's wad.

The gravy-train continues to roll, for the nonce.

Global warming has been present since the ice age otherwise what happened to all the ice? What is happening now is that Capitalism has started using it as an excuse for a new tax.:)

clocker
12-02-2009, 11:17 PM
So you don't believe there is evidence supporting the conclusion that mankind has accelerated- or even affected- this warming trend.

j2k4
12-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Oh, you know...COČ emissions as a factor in global warming and all that poppycock.
Regulated by the EPA, isn't it?
Why let a bunch of tree-hugging scientists determine what's good for us when our enlightened corporate overlords, using the power of the free market, could do a much better job?

BTW, it strikes me as odd that you didn't jump on the birther bandwagon given your denial of global warming.
In both cases the logic is the same...you can't prove that "A" exists, therefore "B" must be true.
You can't prove Obama's nationality with a certificate I deem acceptable, therefore he must be Kenyan.
You can't prove global warming exists, therefore mankind has no effect on the environment.

Seems like you're really missing an opportunity to amp up your crazy level.

I'll settle for pointing out that your presumption re: atmospheric CO2 plus whatever emissions you care to reference having any sort of impact on temps is incorrect; if you'd actually ever researched the issue, you would know that, at many points in history, and specifically several times in the last few thousand years, the escalation of CO2 levels has coincided with a declination of temps, which fact absolutely destroys your favorite scientists' favorite models.

I will also state my own opinion, which is that, while global warming may indeed be taking place, there is not one shred of indisputable evidence man is complicit, and, to borrow an argument you yourself are currently making in another thread, mankind should be presumed innocent, at least while a decent jury squabble is allowed to play out.

I have another opinion for you as well-

That squabble is about to truly begin...'tis a story of international machination, suspect emails, crooked scientists, and politicians with a nose for easy money.

Best stay tuned.

clocker
12-03-2009, 12:01 AM
OK then.
We have nothing more to talk about.

j2k4
12-03-2009, 01:04 AM
OK then.
We have nothing more to talk about.

On this subject, perhaps.

clocker
12-03-2009, 02:10 AM
Yes.
I'm a busy boy...decided to rip my CDs to the PC.
Gonna take a while but it's something I've been meaning to do for a long time.
In this pic I'm ripping a CD, DLing a TV series and cruising the net...the PC is barely even awake.
Kind of amazing really...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/clocker/Multitask.png

/offtopic diversion

j2k4
12-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Aye, been meaning to redo most of mine; still harboring lots of MP3s done back in the day with CDex @ 192K.

EAC is da bomb, though, and I've been using it long enough that I should've gone back and re-ripped the old stuff rather than...y'know.

mickstavros
12-03-2009, 11:29 AM
The PC is barely awake, but it is using electricity and putting out heat. This is causing more global warming than any COČ emissions.

Turn your PC off and go plant a tree.

/some made up stuff to get back on topic

clocker
12-03-2009, 02:32 PM
My PC is the main heat source in the room, which makes it a double duty appliance thus satisfying both Al Gore and Alton Brown.

BTW, what do you think the original topic is?