PDA

View Full Version : utorrent 1.5 to be or not to be

kisianik
12-02-2009, 12:01 AM
Weird question.

Yes, I know it is archaic version, too old to talk about it, but for me it is the best version so far. I tried 1.8.4 (and many before this) and it is not so good in terms of maximizing my ADSL connection.
1.5 is in process of phasing out now on most private trackers, so is there any way to show 1.5 (disguise version number) as 1.8 or else on the tracker, or tell me what is so wrong with this utorrent version (1.5), that I would have to switch to the newer version (I even looking into Vuze, but don't like it so far).

Any suggestions?
Any feedback appreciated.
Thanks

anon
12-02-2009, 12:03 AM
1.5 is in process of phasing out now on most private trackers, so is there any way to show 1.5 (disguise version number) as 1.8 or else on the tracker

It's possible, but the emulation will never be 100% accurate due to differences in the peer_id algorithm and announce formatting. You'll also show up as "[FAKE]" on others' peerlists.

or tell me what is so wrong with this utorrent version (1.5)

It's simply too old nowadays...

Did you try 1.7.7? It's supposed to be the last version with the old piece-picking code and so may be fast for you, too.

kisianik
12-02-2009, 01:21 AM
Did you try 1.7.7? It's supposed to be the last version with the old piece-picking code and so may be fast for you, too.

Will try, missed this version (tried varied 1.6 versions and 1.8 versions)
Thanks