PDA

View Full Version : Which tracker is similar to IPT or better

gzumpf
12-02-2009, 02:49 AM
I'm a long time IPT user and really haven't found a good alternative. I don't have accounts to some of the other popular trackers such as TL, SCC, etc. Until these sites have open enrollments, is there a good alternative thats easier to get into that are as good quality. Thanks for all the help

Cabalo
12-02-2009, 04:50 AM
You won't get much better than IPT, contents wise. You might find faster, with more retention, etc, but the variety there is huge.
Honestly, when I introduce my friends to the torrenting world is via IPT (very easy to seed and keep a ratio) and preto.me (because it's ratioless, and they just have to keep the client open).
The only ones who came asking me for more stuff were the ones who needed HD movies and music. Other than that, they need anything else.

cinephilia
12-02-2009, 05:04 AM
maybe torrents.ru and zamunda.

Rart
12-02-2009, 05:10 AM
Why no love for TL :(

I think TL is a great alternative to IPT thats very similar in content.

In terms of content I have found many things on TL I can't seem to find on IPT, even though IPT seemingly has 4-5x as many torrents. Perhaps I'm just lucky in terms of what I'm searching for, but TL always manages to have what I'm looking for.

It's also incredibly easy to keep a ratio. With over 180k users, theres always someone downloading a torrent, no matter how obscure it is. With just a couple of year old season packs I can consistently max my upload.

And finally, I find the speeds and retention to be a lot better than IPT and PTM. With the highest usercount, you can find multiple seeders for even the oldest of files, and there are just enough seedboxes on new torrents to allow you to max your DL quickly while still allowing you to upload to the plethora of non seedbox users.

In short, I think TL is a great alternative if you're looking for something different.

gzumpf
12-02-2009, 05:14 AM
Thanks, Cabalo. IPT has been great to me, as I love the site. I just thought that they might have a good alternative. Do you think TL is any better?

Cabalo
12-02-2009, 05:21 AM
Thanks, Cabalo. IPT has been great to me, as I love the site. I just thought that they might have a good alternative. Do you think TL is any better?
contents wise, no. In speed and retention, yes, definitively .
But if IPT maxes out your connection, then...

TrollinThunder
12-02-2009, 05:22 AM
All trackers are different. It's hard to say which is better when you're comparing good sites.

TL has a simple interface, a large userbase and both scene and p2p content. It's also got wait times for new users and is seen as insecure because lots of folks get ISP letters and they seem to demand donations to an extent.

Preto.me is easy to seed but has no ratio pressure really. They don't have any of the bad things either. They also have a particularly high amount of activity on x264 torrents if that's your thing. The lack of activity on x264 was the reason I haven't used my IPT invite to its full potential.

IdolEyes787
12-02-2009, 05:25 AM
My honest opinion IPT>TL>RevTT( although RevTT kicks TL's ass in some important ,at least to me ,ways)>SCC(sorry fanbois) I let my account at Pretome lapse since I wasn't using it( at the time there were a lot of music torrents which I didn't need on a general tracker)Didn't fancy Bitsoup
Never been a member of TV. Leecherslair is a pretty decent site imo though.
Everyone's tastes are different though so what I like doesn't necessarily apply to you ( see unlike TT I don't care about HD)..

nucks2424
12-02-2009, 07:54 AM
I like the hd material and for that tv is great. There pretimes and speed are fantastic. On the downside there really only good for new releases and there forums suck. I use bithdtv for movies older then a couple of months. Tv has recently changed there coding and hopefully now there will be no more downtimes

Swift
12-02-2009, 07:58 AM
I do care about HD and I like HD stuff and want it with romanian subs and don't need foreign trackers for that . I do not have TL nor IPT nor RevTT and I'm fine without them.
Good luck trying to convince users that a tracker is better then others :lol:

r4gg
12-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Less is more.
more sites = harder to keep good ratio :(

better stay in 2-3 good sites than 100+ crap sites :(

nucks2424
12-02-2009, 03:51 PM
All u can do is give sugggestions for trackers. With a seedbox its easy to keep ratio on 4-5 sites. If I got rid of my seedbox I have such huge buffers now I could go years without ratio problems. My seedbox is cheap so i keep it for the fast dl.

anon
12-02-2009, 04:47 PM
If you're looking for a "horde" tracker with lots of content and the same ease of seeding, TL is the way to go. RevTT would be the second best alternative - they gave qualifying PUs three invites recently, so it may be easier for you to get in.

IPT may have more torrents, but a lot of them are spam (short XXX clips, trainers, game dox, etc.).

merwais
12-02-2009, 04:53 PM
IPT = TL.
Both good trackers.

TL = faster speed.
IPT = More content and speed is fine. 7-8mb/s download speed, i think it's ok for me. not sure for others.

RevTT = My grandma is faster then RevTT, in terms of speed and pre :P
it's better not to mention RevTT at all. they are slower then my grandma as i said :)

My 2 cent :)

tippertime
12-02-2009, 05:00 PM
RevTT = My grandma is faster then RevTT, in terms of speed and pre :P
it's better not to mention RevTT at all. they are slower then my grandma as i said :)

My 2 cent :)

lmao...you made me spill my drink...

I hardly ever max out my connection at IPT

RevTT I hardly ever don't max out my speed

not worth arguing as there is no reason not to have both...especially as trackers seem to be disapeering without much warning as of late...

IdolEyes787
12-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Funny I never have any problem maxing out a dedicated server at RevTT?
Besides not everyone has blazing speed and the tracker only has to be as fast as what your connection is capable of.
Also requests are better filled at RevTT than either of those other trackers and the fact that it's pre's aren't the best allow you to be the first to hop on a torrent if you happened to missed getting in while the getting was good elsewhere.

I don't like the invite promotion though because I already see a lot of poorly checked giveaways happening ( ie a lot of traders and dupes getting them)

gozno22
12-02-2009, 05:03 PM
tl,scc,tti,revtt
all of them are the same but muchh better

tippertime
12-02-2009, 06:53 PM
here is a good article to make your choice

http://filesharefrea.com/2009/11/20/the-dominating-trackers-part-3-best-general-0day/

add a 'K' -----------^

IdolEyes787
12-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Your link is getting auto- filtered.
Just type in the url without linking or chance the wording on the link so it isn't auto blocked .:whistling

Raban
12-02-2009, 07:17 PM

TL is 100% infilitrated by MPAA RIAA and all major enforcement agencies... just check out their forum you'll see people getting ISP letters all the time from seeding there...

be very very careful what you download from there ...

cinephilia
12-02-2009, 07:19 PM
My seedbox is cheap so i keep it for the fast dl.
what's the point ? you still have to transfer the stuff from your box to your hdd lol.

TL is 100% infilitrated by MPAA RIAA and all major enforcement agencies... just check out their forum you'll see people getting ISP letters all the time from seeding there...

thanks for the laugh... there are +180.000 members on TL and only a few ISP letters have been received by some of them so far...
i'd even say you have more chances to get busted on small private sites like UK-T than on a giant site like TL.

nucks2424
12-02-2009, 11:49 PM
I don't understand people bashing revtt. I max out at 11mb/s on 95% of the torrents there 5 minutes after they arrive. There pretimes are very good and they have tonnes of hd material. Yes there forums are average at best and the wait times for new users is weak, but overall a nice tracker

eldiesel
12-03-2009, 12:08 AM

I think TL is a great alternative to IPT thats very similar in content.

In terms of content I have found many things on TL I can't seem to find on IPT, even though IPT seemingly has 4-5x as many torrents. Perhaps I'm just lucky in terms of what I'm searching for, but TL always manages to have what I'm looking for.

It's also incredibly easy to keep a ratio. With over 180k users, theres always someone downloading a torrent, no matter how obscure it is. With just a couple of year old season packs I can consistently max my upload.

And finally, I find the speeds and retention to be a lot better than IPT and PTM. With the highest usercount, you can find multiple seeders for even the oldest of files, and there are just enough seedboxes on new torrents to allow you to max your DL quickly while still allowing you to upload to the plethora of non seedbox users.

In short, I think TL is a great alternative if you're looking for something different.

+1

didn't read later posts

DubDub
12-03-2009, 01:03 AM
2+ me neither

Rart
12-03-2009, 01:32 AM

Uh huh. Just like it's impossible for anyone with half a brain, let alone the MPAA/RIAA, to get into IPT, RevTT, PTM, or any of the other sites listed here.

Don't download workprints and CAMs. If you are, you're simply asking for it. Even so, it's impossible for anyone to connect to even close to all the peers in a swarm, let alone the 180,000 that are in TL. The chances of anything happening are slim to none.

And it's pretty clear that only the most "extreme" of cases would be posted on the forums. Who would post a thread on the TL forums just to say "No infringements yet, yay"?

It's like restaurant/shop reviews online. Only the few bad apples that have had an extremely bad experience would care enough to actually post a review online. That's why you can't trust them, they present a skewed view.

panoli
12-03-2009, 04:46 PM
how to use zamunda tell me any one

LubTheStaringCat
12-03-2009, 04:51 PM

Use a proxy to access the site

anon
12-03-2009, 04:53 PM
And to announce to the tracker.

Cabalo
12-03-2009, 04:59 PM
what for?

xJohnxSmithx
12-03-2009, 05:09 PM
tl is a great backup for ipt. In fact there are still tonns of users that are sticking with tl as they have no need for anything else. If you use either tracker I'd suggest backing one up with the other since the BT world is up and down, in and out

locusprince
12-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Most of my stuff i download are from ipt and tl, i think with these two trackers i don't need anything else but it's just me...

Rart
12-03-2009, 11:12 PM
tl is a great backup for ipt. In fact there are still tonns of users that are sticking with tl as they have no need for anything else. If you use either tracker I'd suggest backing one up with the other since the BT world is up and down, in and out

Definitely. It's always good to have a backup as torrent sites seem to be rather unstable these days. Not just the fact that some sites have been shutting down recently, but a lot of torrent sites are far more volatile than normal sites in terms of occasional downtimes. One can complement the other rather well, and it's not that difficult to keep a ratio at TL and IPT simultaneously.