PDA

View Full Version : Balamm

RealitY
10-12-2003, 10:09 AM
Since it appears to now be public knowledge...

From October 2 in a PM...

Originally posted by Balamm+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Balamm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by REALITY@
<!--QuoteBegin-Balamm
It doesn&#39;t matter, I&#39;ve just asked VB to close all my accounts. This bullshit with jetje has gone too far. He&#39;s been atacking me for weeks and you might have noticed all the other attacks on other people today along with the locked threads.
It&#39;s no longer workable, the site needs a rethink.
Didn&#39;t see that coming, or perhaps...
I posted the question via PM since I felt it better that way...
<<EDIT>> . As for jetje, I have not had the liberty to see anything that has happened between the two of you. I will say you are not the standard mod around here, but I never had a problem with a little flavor sorta speak. <<EDIT>> though at times we make mistakes, though you may wish to rethink your resignation...

Nope, it&#39;s done. We&#39;re all to afraid to do naything because jetje will critcise it iether in team chat or in public and go crying to VB. It isn&#39;t safe to make a decision or have an opinion here anymore. <<EDIT>> [/b][/quote]
I have taled with a couple of mods about the whole Balamm thing, though it seemed a mystery to everyone up untill now. Though I kept it off the board since it was unspoken at the time.

I will however stick with my PM to Balamm...

I will say you are not the standard mod around here, but I never had a problem with a little flavor sorta speak. though you may wish to rethink your resignation
I think he belongs here and I think it is as much his home as any of us or as much as any other mods that are here as well. Oddly enough there are mods that may be a little cleaner although I would rather keep the presence of Balamm before those others.

It is time to move on and let it go.

I suggest any comments made here are kept civil and could simply bid farewell or request he stay.

junkyardking
10-12-2003, 10:13 AM
There was a post about this already by balamm but it&#39;s look like it was deleted <_< , they should have kept it open as we still didnt know the reasons behind it all, also was that leg guy actually balamm?

RealitY
10-12-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by junkyardking@12 October 2003 - 11:13
also was that leg guy actually balamm?
Having know him fairly well, I think it may have been, although I may have done the same if I had felt the way he had, although I still think he was over reacting.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
10-12-2003, 10:19 AM
http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/headhurts.gif

Adster
10-12-2003, 10:20 AM
lets jsut drop the shit and move on ;)

RealitY
10-12-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Adster@12 October 2003 - 11:20
lets jsut drop the shit and move on ;)
Simply put the problem is even though he have been seen as an a** by some, he brought something to this board that made it better, that is why I have decided to post this.

Adster
10-12-2003, 10:28 AM
I never said he was a ass at all but Im telling you if he is that other member we are talkign about then he deserves no respect at all IMO

also I believe Balamm use to spam alot more then alot of post whores on this board

Lamsey
10-12-2003, 10:39 AM
The other post has been moved to Team Chat, seeing as it was addressed to VB. Not sure who did that.

Regarding LeGoMyFnLeg:
LeGoMyFnLeg came into the forum and acclimatised very quickly, as Sharedholder mentioned. This was no n00b - it was a regular poster who knows the board and its members well.
Balamm&#39;s IPs and hostname (shaw.ca) match closely with those of LeGoMyFnLeg; we have also run traces which show the physical locations to be very close, if not identical.
No other member that we know of matches so closely with LeGoMyFnLeg.
LeGoMyFnLeg also has similar issues with the moderation team to Balamm.
Those are the facts. I will leave you to make your own conclusions.

RealitY
10-12-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Lamsey@12 October 2003 - 11:39
Those are the facts. I will leave you to make your own conclusions.
As I said, most likely true, but not my point...

As for Team Chat, well that post just didn&#39;t belong on the board after the direction it took, although VB asked Balamm to post on the board I thought. Anyway its still not my point...

Lamsey
10-12-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by REALITY@12 October 2003 - 10:48
As for Team Chat, well that post just didn&#39;t belong on the board after the direction it took, although VB asked Balamm to post on the board I thought. Anyway its still not my point...
VB most certainly did not. If you remember the tone of the original post, it was directly addressed to VB --&#62; it should have been in a PM.

But instead, Balamm posted it on the board, again in direct contravention of the board rules.

RealitY
10-12-2003, 10:55 AM
I thought VB asked him to publicy explain how he felt explaining his resignation, even though it was only moved a few minutes ago I have already forgot the original statement to Balamm from VB in the PM, although this is still not my point, so I drop the issue...

Benno
10-12-2003, 10:55 AM
I think by now most members should know it but nonetheless an official topic from VB or balamm should be posted. Not something meant to be private but something for the members.

Lamsey
10-12-2003, 10:57 AM
OK balamm .. but i won&#39;t ban/delete your account; i please you to post some kind of a statement to tell the members why you aren&#39;t moderator anymore because otherwise rumors why you aren&#39;t mod any more will start up etc.. Just a short post that it was your decision to leave the team.
http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/raisebrow.gif

Is that what we got?

Adster
10-12-2003, 11:00 AM
yep thats the one that was in the post

RealitY
10-12-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Lamsey@12 October 2003 - 11:57

OK balamm .. but i won&#39;t ban/delete your account; i please you to post some kind of a statement to tell the members why you aren&#39;t moderator anymore because otherwise rumors why you aren&#39;t mod any more will start up etc.. Just a short post that it was your decision to leave the team.
There its is, thanks for the reminder, I guess Balamm&#39;s interpitation of that was quite liberal, not unusual for him, actually expected...

Anyway now that is out of the way...

VB
10-12-2003, 11:10 AM
In that published PM from me to balamm i didn&#39;t show interest in that jetje vs. balamm conflict because it was already discussed many days before. So i just pleased him to tell the members why he resigned, that there is a conflict with another team member. Just a little statement. I didn&#39;t pleased him to post about that jetje conspiracy :rolleyes:

Wizzandabe
10-12-2003, 11:11 AM
I say, just leave this, and move on, simple. ;)

Keikan
10-12-2003, 11:14 AM
Wtf is this Celebrity Justice or something whats with the always getting dirt on every member and than creating a big charade??? Bring Balamm back.

RealitY
10-12-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by VB@12 October 2003 - 12:10
In that published PM from me to balamm i didn&#39;t show interest in that jetje vs. balamm conflict because it was already discussed many days before. So i just pleased him to tell the members why he resigned, that there is a conflict with another team member. Just a little statement. I didn&#39;t pleased him to post about that jetje conspiracy :rolleyes:
Yes it would seem he took it quite liberally...

Anyway it seems the writing is on the wall and unfortunatly nobody knows how to turn around even if it was for the better of the board...

RealitY
10-12-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Keikan@12 October 2003 - 12:14
Wtf is this Celebrity Justice or something whats with the always getting dirt on every member and than creating a big charade??? Bring Balamm back.
There ya go, geez and I could have saved all that typing I did...

Only problem is it appears he does not want to come back...

Keikan
10-12-2003, 11:19 AM
I barely know whats going on here

RealitY
10-12-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Keikan@12 October 2003 - 12:19
I barely know whats going on here
Not much really...

Wizzandabe
10-12-2003, 11:22 AM
Bring Keikan up to speed :lol:

The other post is gone,, I think.

Keikan
10-12-2003, 11:23 AM
Here&#39;s what i got so far lets see uhhh ummm

There&#39;s like a fight between balamm and jetje and uhh balamm is not a mod anymore...?

RealitY
10-12-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Keikan@12 October 2003 - 12:23
Here&#39;s what i got so far lets see uhhh ummm

There&#39;s like a fight between balamm and jetje and uhh balamm is not a mod anymore...?
That all anyone really needs to know, nor do I wish to bring anyone up to anymore speed than that. Its simple, bid him farewell or state if you wish he would come back. I am still waiting for a comment from him...

Keikan
10-12-2003, 11:28 AM
So uhh whats his email since his email is privatized and uhh what does jetje have to say about this

VB
10-12-2003, 11:28 AM
Fact is that we didn&#39;t kicked him out of the team it was his decision. That conflict was old and we waited a long time and i hoped that they would find a solution but they didn&#39;t. So one of them had to go and balamm resigned then voluntary.

He won&#39;t be back. After bringing up that jetje+followers conspiracy i&#39;m not going to change his member category back to GMs ;) and i think he even don&#39;t want this. I actually should have deleted / banned his account but i didn&#39;t.

Keikan
10-12-2003, 11:30 AM
What were they fighting about? Cheese?

Sparkle1984
10-12-2003, 11:32 AM
Sad to see him go. He had an unusual sense of humour.

VB
10-12-2003, 11:36 AM
They were fighting about moderation style.

RealitY
10-12-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Keikan+12 October 2003 - 12:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Keikan &#064; 12 October 2003 - 12:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>what does jetje have to say about this[/b]
Discussion with Jetje...

Originally posted by Jetje+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jetje)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by REALITY
<!--QuoteBegin-Jetje@
<!--QuoteBegin-REALITY
He has apperently resigned...

that&#39;s news to me.. ;) I didn&#39;t read a post about that yet...

There is NO post regarding this. I&#39;ve just had a long talk with him and asked him to reconsider, although he is deffinately not the norm around here, he does contribute, though at times out of line perhaps. He said it was done and already asked VB to remove all his accounts and mentioned something regarding the hostility between you two, though this seems rather ridiculous...[/quote]

well as you have had that talk you know more..
<<EDIT>> I have respect for his time and dedication on the board, really i do. But i can&#39;t find myself in his methodes...[/b][/quote]
Again as I have said, I still think Balamm has over reacted a tad or there has been some shoving in the backround perhaps, although who gives a shit. The only point I can see is if it was somehow a choice to be made on some level directed at VB, kinda a him or me thing perhaps...

Keikan
10-12-2003, 11:38 AM
So i still got questions

What does jetje have to say about all this

Adster
10-12-2003, 11:39 AM

becasue Balamm was a spamming mod

pol
10-12-2003, 11:43 AM
i&#39;d like to see him back, even as a member. but i hope this thread does&#39;nt turn into bs like the last one so i wont go to the bother of saying much more.

RealitY
10-12-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by VB@12 October 2003 - 12:36
Thats pretty much how I saw it, quite pathetic, and based on that I must place part of the blame here on Jetje at this point since it was he who chose to start this whole mess, although it may have been justified I still think Balamm&#39;s contribution outweighed his unusual style, not to mention I thin his contributions were more than just about any mod here for that matter...

RealitY
10-12-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Adster@12 October 2003 - 12:39

becasue Balamm was a spamming mod
I asked very nicely that I did not want garbage in this post...

Keikan
10-12-2003, 11:48 AM
So whats balamm&#39;s e-mail? I got one at [email protected] but it keeps sending back a message saying NO SPAM, dam i gotta get one of those for my hotmail

Adster
10-12-2003, 11:53 AM
I asked very nicely that I did not want garbage in this post

I was being serious he used to let threads go when they shoudl have been locked while he spamed them himself with cookie pics pretty stars ect yes its funny but that shouldn&#39;t come from a mod it shoudl come from a member

RealitY
10-12-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Adster@12 October 2003 - 12:53
I was being serious he used to let threads go when they shoudl have been locked while he spamed them himself with cookie pics pretty stars ect yes its funny but that shouldn&#39;t come from a mod it shoudl come from a member
I think what is misunderstood here more than anything is he considered himself both a member and a mod, many people said "how can you say that, what kind of mod are you", which he responded that he should be allowed to have opinions like anyone else, I kinda agree...

Benno
10-12-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by REALITY@12 October 2003 - 13:00

I think what is misunderstood here more than anything is he considered himself both a member and a mod, many people said "how can you say that, what kind of mod are you", which he responded that he should be allowed to have opinions like anyone else, I kinda agree...
IMO its a matter of course that every mod also has an own opinion but nonetheless if a post gets out of hand a mod should post in it in his function as moderator and close it or do whatever action is appropriated.

To be a mod is not just a privilege its also a duty and sometimes this requires that you put back your personal opinion and stay neutral.

Illuminati
10-12-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by REALITY+12 October 2003 - 13:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 12 October 2003 - 13:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Adster@12 October 2003 - 12:53
I think what is misunderstood here more than anything is he considered himself both a member and a mod, many people said "how can you say that, what kind of mod are you", which he responded that he should be allowed to have opinions like anyone else, I kinda agree... [/b][/quote]
From what I could tell, jetje was the typical mod in making sure an offense is in the rules to do any action about it, while balamm had a merc/maverick style of not pussy-footing about things and stopping the BS right there and then.

Both styles have its own strengths (as well as weaknesses), but personally I liked the maverick style modding anyway :)

Also seems that while jetje understood that as a mod he had to keep his own opinion out of the board and be neutral in most cases, balamm didn&#39;t seem to want to lose that opinion and tried to be (as REALITY said) a mod and a member.

Considering the conflicting styles of these two mods, I&#39;m surprised the conflict didn&#39;t start from balamm&#39;s first mod day :rolleyes: But I have to admit that I preferred balamm&#39;s style, even though it might not have been as beneficial to the board :unsure:

liquidacid
10-12-2003, 12:27 PM
I&#39;m not really wanting to &#39;fan the flames&#39;, however i feel that, with jetje&#39;s name potentially being sullied by this dispute, i should pass comment.

While Balamm does seem to have many friends on the board, his moderating style was often aggressive, confrontational, and just plain nasty, particularly when it came to &#39;newbies&#39;. On several occasions i had been compelled to voice my discontent at his arrogant attitude toward those who simply did not deserve it.

Without knowing, or caring, what happened between balamm and jetje, i think we all know who would have been more likely to start any dispute. Balamm was always the aggressor.

Keikan
10-12-2003, 12:30 PM
Hehe i told my friend not to come here because he is so n00ish

N£MO
10-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Balamm just got too big for his boots.

The mod powers went to his head.

There is alot more to the modding team than one person.

RealitY
10-12-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati@12 October 2003 - 13:18
But I have to admit that I preferred balamm&#39;s style, even though it might not have been as beneficial to the board :unsure:
Though I thoyght it was benificial more often than it was not...

Balamm was always the aggressor.
Though perhaps Jetje was the one to first complain about this, striking out at Balamm for voicing his opinions which other mods here generally do not...

thewizeard
10-12-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by liquidacid@12 October 2003 - 13:27

Without knowing, or caring, what happened between balamm and jetje, i think we all know who would have been more likely to start any dispute. Balamm was always the aggressor.
I would like to point out, this statement is pure speculation.

liquidacid
10-12-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by REALITY@ 12 October 2003 - 13:52
Though perhaps Jetje was the one to first complain about this, striking out at Balamm for voicing his opinions which other mods here generally do not... If that&#39;s the case, then i say well done Jetje. I&#39;ve read posts of Balamms where he refers to emotive subjects, of which he claims to have first hand experience, in an attempt to win a petty argument. All too often he would force his very strong opinions on others, but start screaming if other posters did the same.

Speculation? I don&#39;t think so.

thewizeard
10-12-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by liquidacid+12 October 2003 - 14:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (liquidacid &#064; 12 October 2003 - 14:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by REALITY@ 12 October 2003 - 13:52
Though perhaps Jetje was the one to first complain about this, striking out at Balamm for voicing his opinions which other mods here generally do not... If that&#39;s the case, then i say well done Jetje. I&#39;ve read posts of Balamms where he refers to emotive subjects, of which he claims to have first hand experience, in an attempt to win a petty argument. All too often he would force his very strong opinions on others, but start screaming if other posters did the same.

Speculation? I don&#39;t think so.[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-liquidacid@12 October 2003 - 13:27

i think we all know who would have been more likely to start any dispute. Balamm was always the aggressor. [/quote]
I would like to point out, this statement is pure speculation.

I hope that now you understand what I mean, liquidacid. Please, when you make a statement, speak for yourself.

liquidacid
10-12-2003, 03:39 PM
I know what speculation means, and it&#39;s nothing to with speaking for yourself or on behalf of others.

If i had been making vague accusatory statements regarding the breakdown of balamm&#39;s and jetje&#39;s relationship, then that would have been speculation. However, i simply pointed out that most board members would appreciate that jetje was less likely to be the antagonist than balamm. I chose to do this not as an attack on balamm, but in the defence of jetje.

MUSLEMAN
10-12-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati+12 October 2003 - 08:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Illuminati &#064; 12 October 2003 - 08:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by REALITY@12 October 2003 - 13:00
<!--QuoteBegin-Adster@12 October 2003 - 12:53
From what I could tell, jetje was the typical mod in making sure an offense is in the rules to do any action about it, while balamm had a merc/maverick style of not pussy-footing about things and stopping the BS right there and then.

Both styles have its own strengths (as well as weaknesses), but personally I liked the maverick style modding anyway :)

Also seems that while jetje understood that as a mod he had to keep his own opinion out of the board and be neutral in most cases, balamm didn&#39;t seem to want to lose that opinion and tried to be (as REALITY said) a mod and a member.

Considering the conflicting styles of these two mods, I&#39;m surprised the conflict didn&#39;t start from balamm&#39;s first mod day :rolleyes: But I have to admit that I preferred balamm&#39;s style, even though it might not have been as beneficial to the board :unsure: [/b][/quote]
i also like to add to that , that while balamm was a mod here, he was atleast 20

times more active than jetje, i mean you would have to be blind not to see that, he

was consistently closing bs posts, always in the problems and question site helping

with members questions and problems, he was in the software doing the same

thing, he was every where, i mean he was way more active and helpfull just go

back and look at the probelm and question section and tell me how

many times you see balamm helping and moding and how many times you see

jetje, personally i have respect for members and mods by how long they been here

but that is not my first priority, first i look at how much they contributed then and

now and to be honest jetje is one of the least contributing mods in that category,

please don&#39;t take my word for it go back and look around even now lamsey who is

one of the new ones is still more active.

this is not an attack only facts as i said please don&#39;t take my word for it take a look

around.if you don&#39;t feel like searching the forum just take a look here and you will see who does a lot of work here then and now (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=64644&st=0)

we&#39;ll miss you balamm and will always remember you.

and that goes for a couple of other mods here also if they leave.

i concider this forum to be like my second family as there realy are some good

mods and members here who truly are giving and should be thanked every day

balamm was one of them.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
10-12-2003, 06:40 PM
;) Like I said before.Why don&#39;t you take that off your Signature.

:D No nevermind....keep it. :P

thewizeard
10-12-2003, 06:47 PM
liquidacid,

It is speculation when you say "we all know"; you have no proof of that&#33; Also to whom are you refering when you say "we"? There is of course no smoke without fire, I am well aware of that. I myself, not knowing the whole truth, am not about to judge anyone.

nikita69
10-12-2003, 07:32 PM
I have only this to say:

The whole thing is beneath him and this board.
Principles only mean something if you stick by them when they&#39;re inconvenient.
He shoulds yield his reputation and membership with this board and not respond anything further to any posts.

Good luck.

Jayhawk
10-12-2003, 07:37 PM
i personally think this is between two members of this forum and that it should be discussed between them what we think is not important and this thread should be closed if someone feels so strongly that this is driving them past insanity pm that mod and or member and get it cleared that way.

Benno
10-12-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by KwahyaJ@12 October 2003 - 20:37
i personally think this is between two members of this forum and that it should be discussed between them what we think is not important and this thread should be closed if someone feels so strongly that this is driving them past insanity pm that mod and or member and get it cleared that way.
good point ;)

RealitY
10-12-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by KwahyaJ@12 October 2003 - 20:37
i personally think this is between two members of this forum and that it should be discussed between them
Agreed, also I have no intention of placing fault here on Balamm or Jetje, I am just dissapointed that they could not leave ech other alone or firgure something out and that this has led to Balamm resigning. It would be nice if there was some civility and perhaps this could be undone, but it seems clear that will not happen...

liquidacid
10-12-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by nigel+23,12 October 2003 - 19:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nigel &#064; 23,12 October 2003 - 19:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>liquidacid,

It is speculation when you say "we all know"; you have no proof of that&#33; Also to whom are you refering when you say "we"? There is of course no smoke without fire, I am well aware of that. I myself, not knowing the whole truth, am not about to judge anyone.[/b]
But i didn&#39;t say that, did i. What i said was :-
<!--QuoteBegin-me@ this is getting really boring
i think we all know[/quote]
Are you suggesting that i am not sure of my own thoughts?

Anyway, i agree with KwahyaJ. Unfortunately, it was balamm who chose to bring it all out in the open. With all the kids supporting balamm, i thought i&#39;d give my differing opinion.

wormless
10-12-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by KwahyaJ@12 October 2003 - 19:37
i said in my post on vb balamm is dead long live jetje or whatever the title was, about this is betweeen the 2mods in Q and vb&#33;

im suprised this post is still going and hasnt been locked or deleted&#33;

as 4 balamm your talking like hes dead, hes not dead hes just moving on like we all should

brotherdoobie
10-12-2003, 08:52 PM
I feel that to many members/mods take this forum way to seriously.
The politics of internet forums have always kinda pissed me off,
I usualy say nothing......Because most people need to feel usefull
(importain ;) )and realy theres nothing wrong with that.
It&#39;s human nature.

I tended to disagree with Balamm often........I usualy did not post my opinions unless,I felt strongly enough about the subject.
I do think as mentioned before that balamm often treated noobies like asses
and came off condescending quite often.
However I often found him to be helpful and a very active mod at the same time.

I have made many dear friends and am a member of a great community,that
I have a great respect for.
However this is not rocket science,We are all from varied places,with differnt opinions and beliefs............So you say what you like and I will do the same.
I may not agree but....I will listen and I hope you will do the same.

I wish that more members would respect why I fell in love with the internet in the first place.........It&#39;s freedom of speech.....Plain and simple.

Try and be more tolerant of others view points and If you dont like it.......Post your thoughts....or just click your mouse and move on.

Peace brotherdoobie B)

Smooch
10-12-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by wormless@12 October 2003 - 20:12
hes not dead hes just moving on like we all should
Yes you should :)

I don&#39;t think this thread should be locked, otherwise somebody else is only going to create another topic in a few days time bringing this all up again.

Again Balamm, good look with whatever you do now.

sum_sicko
10-12-2003, 11:02 PM
to me, Balamm was one of the more "constant" GB&#39;s it was like he wad allways here 24-7 helping ppl wiv basically anything, some of his posts are quite interesting

so&#39;s his sense of humor

wormless
10-12-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by sum_sicko@12 October 2003 - 23:02
Balamm was? still is,
hes not dead he has moved on,and for "smooch" i have moved on and i dont live in the past like you lot cus this subject would off been stopped. the other topic was moved because it contained things we should not have read. :blink:

Smooch
10-12-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by wormless+12 October 2003 - 23:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wormless @ 12 October 2003 - 23:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sum_sicko@12 October 2003 - 23:02
Balamm was? still is,
hes not dead he has moved on,and for "smooch" i have moved on and i dont live in the past like you lot cus this subject would off been stopped. the other topic was moved because it contained things we should not have read. :blink: [/b][/quote]
I never mentioned anything about the other topic, I was talking about this one.

I agree, Balamm could of gone a differant way with posting the other topic, but thats gone now and is history. Let people just have their say, it&#39;ll be a lot easier in the long run.

theprisoner
10-13-2003, 04:24 AM
Hell, most of the time balamm was no better than the people he was banning. He was nasty and went around like he owned the board.

Adster
10-13-2003, 06:14 AM
Hell, most of the time balamm was no better than the people he was banning. He was nasty and went around like he owned the board.

yep I agree with this

He would go around noob bashing with smart ass comments or pure arragance yes some things he posted were funny yet when a memeber did something simular he therefore had the known Powers to do what he liked with those members

That isn&#39;t setting an good example as a mod for this board

I think Musleman is too bios IMO in his view over Balamm and Jetje

MUSLEMAN
10-13-2003, 08:03 AM
ok well maybe you just saw him in the lounge i am purly talking about working here check out my link that i gave and see who was doing more work and the balamm you are describing i don&#39;t know, ya he had no nonsense approach to people who would say stupid shart but that was balamm and imo they deserved ithttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/b/smiley2k.gif

denis123
10-13-2003, 09:06 AM
I have never heard of him&#33;

He seems quite important to keep you all going on so much about him.

RealitY
10-13-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by denis123@13 October 2003 - 10:06
I have never heard of him&#33;

He seems quite important to keep you all going on so much about him.
:lol: :lol:

soopaman
10-13-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@12 October 2003 - 11:51
"But instead, Balamm posted it on the board, again in direct contravention of the board rules."

This coming from someone who spammed Earthstation 5 in their own name and then invited people from this forum to spam it as well. Not a very good example to set for the other board users. If you want users of our forum to act responsibly then practising what you preach might be a good place to start. Plus it will only encourage attacks on our board. Which ,I&#39;m sure you&#39;d agree, would be a bad thing&#33;&#33; :angry:

soopaman

<_<

Lamsey
10-13-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by soopaman@13 October 2003 - 18:56
This coming from someone who spammed Earthstation 5 in their own name and then invited people from this forum to spam it as well. Not a very good example to set for the other board users. If you want users of our forum to act responsibly then practising what you preach might be a good place to start. Plus it will only encourage attacks on our board. Which ,I&#39;m sure you&#39;d agree, would be a bad thing&#33;&#33; :angry:
I did that because the admins of ES5 are buttf***ing their users, and someone had to warn them. I decided to do that, at personal risk from hacking attempts, etc. It wasn&#39;t motivated by hate or mischief or anything like that - I was trying to help their users.

You&#39;ll also note that no-one has come over here from their forums to spam.

Would you like to get off your high horse now, or will I kick you off it?

4play
10-13-2003, 07:50 PM
balamn was cool.

he got a bad reputation when he was left to mod the temp board on his own it seemed at times. he helped alot of people on here and will be missed if he stop&#39;s posting :(

I agree he did have a noob bashing quality but that is what made him unique.

Originally posted by lamsey

kids with their toys these days :rolleyes:

DanB
10-13-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@13 October 2003 - 20:45

You&#39;ll also note that no-one has come over here from their forums to spam.

has there not been a lot of people trying to start problems with posts & new topics in the last 2-3 weeks? <_<

I&#39;m sure i can&#39;t have been the only one to notice it - i&#39;m hardly here..............honest&#33; :P

Lamsey
10-13-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by danb@13 October 2003 - 20:14
has there not been a lot of people trying to start problems with posts & new topics in the last 2-3 weeks? <_<
Yes. That is usual here.

DanB
10-13-2003, 08:26 PM
I can honestly say i hadnt noticed it that much before.

maybe i&#39;m just here more? :D

nostalgia
10-13-2003, 08:27 PM
Let&#39;s not make this topic a "slam the mods" topic shall we?
As for Balamm and Jetje. They&#39;re both moderators with a different style. If there&#39;s a problem, solve it together. Unfortunately Balamm decided to stop. Respect him for that and move on.
Maybe the role of member suited him better.
He made me laugh though.

soopaman
10-13-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@13 October 2003 - 20:45

Hilarious&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

Pots and Kettles spring to mind&#33;&#33; :lol:

:lol:

Lamsey
10-13-2003, 09:25 PM
That was the intention, yes :rolleyes:

djweiser
10-13-2003, 09:29 PM
:blink:

MUSLEMAN
10-13-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@13 October 2003 - 17:25
That was the intention, yes :rolleyes:
http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/w/thumbs.gifhttp://www.klboard.ath.cx/html/emoticons/beerchug.gifhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/g0/beer.gifhttp://mes.smilies.free.fr/smilies/haddock.gif

ultimatejester
10-14-2003, 02:00 AM
sorry abt this. i have read every topic abt balamm but i still have no idea what happened and this topic is pretty big. can ne 1 temme wat happend and y he is not a moderator ne more.
edit: if we cant post the story cud u plz pm me. thnx

4play
10-14-2003, 02:05 AM
well its a sad story really

balamn was caught taking mod enhancing drugs. he failed the piss test they have to take every month. :(

winners never use drugs people :rolleyes:

fr600
10-14-2003, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by ultimatejester@14 October 2003 - 08:00
sorry abt this. i have read every topic abt balamm but i still have no idea what happened and this topic is pretty big. can ne 1 temme wat happend and y he is not a moderator ne more.

There are 100&#39;s of members who expect others to explain in short. Go and read everyhting if u r interested...

wormless
10-14-2003, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by 4play@14 October 2003 - 02:05
well its a sad story really

balamn was caught taking mod enhancing drugs. he failed the piss test they have to take every month. :(

winners never use drugs people :rolleyes:
lmfao

Benno
10-14-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by ultimatejester@14 October 2003 - 03:00
He resigned

rpratt
10-25-2003, 11:57 AM
;)
Hi
Just thought I would put in my two penneth for what it might be worth.
Since I joined this community I have learnt a lot from you people and am very grateful.
I have been gently chid and rudely put down. But I have always learnt which is what I believe the purpose of sharing is.
There isnt just room for different approaches there is a vital need for them.
Ergo there will allways be conflict it&#39;s how we deal with that conflict that teaches us. But we do have to deal with it.
I feel very sad that I am seeing you good folks in conflict and oh the hell I am beginning to get too hippy
I sent balamm this pm :blink:
What are we gonna do?
I dont know you personally but I have always found you to be helpfull and informative without taking yourself ,or others, too seriously.
Stay as you are but please stay.
From a relative stranger and newcomer to the community.
I dont know the ins and outs I just know that Ive just followed a thread and it appears that you have resigned from the Board.
I do hope you will reconsider or let us know what you&#39;re up to so we can still learn from you.
Cheers from Robin :beerchug:
Keep up the good work folks