PDA

View Full Version : Which GOOD music site?

moffe
12-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Ello...

I am in the search for a "good" music site.

My number one concern is availability. This means it doesnt have to be FLAC or any other lossless format, however it of course doesnt hurt. But the most important thing is that it catches most if not all releases and preferably contains a rather "large" archive.

If any of you know of such a site, I would very much like to hear more :-)

...and I have tried SceneSound, Waffles and What.

:inlove: oink :inlove:

Thank you :)

anon
12-02-2009, 08:07 PM
What's wrong with What? They're the best music tracker out there.

sake
12-02-2009, 09:40 PM
What's wrong with What? They're the best music tracker out there.

Depends on the prefered music style :)

To the OP: So, if you are into electronic music you can PM me.

Speedo
12-02-2009, 10:24 PM
Depends on music really. I have what, got banned from waffles somehow, and don't think eighter is that good for electronic music.

Torrentech is great for dnb and dubstep but if you like me like breaks there is vipmusic.

But if you can stand those cute avatars, you're choise is made. For everything other than electronic music.

anon
12-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Depends on the prefered music style :)

Yes, I meant generally :) TR and ELK are of course better than What for trance and electronic music, for example.

kukushka
12-02-2009, 10:36 PM
you have a great userbar collection hehe. use hdbits forums to get what.cd & waffles.fm

0Ri0N
12-02-2009, 10:42 PM
VIPM and STM have a nice archive, and TV upload every single mp3 scene Release. Theses are my suggestions!

If you are into trance/house/techno music, TT is the right place for you.

moffe
12-02-2009, 10:47 PM
@anon-sbi
They just missed too many of the releases that I would like to have had.
However its been some time since i checked it, but it did not cut it for my music desire, so perhaps they are better now ;)

@Sake
Cheers! Much appreciated, its mainly 3 types of music

Indie/Rock (Friendly Fires, Kings of Leon, Bloc Party, Band of Horses, Mew, The Xx, Julian Casablancas, Duné etc.)

Eletronic / House (Shir Khan, Portishead, Datasapiens, Fat Berri's, Axwell, Deadmau5, 2 Many Deejays, David Guetta, LCD Soundsystem, Benny Benassi etc.)

Hip Hop / Rap / R&B (MALK DE KOIJN, Majors, Wu-Tang Clan, Timbaland, N.E.R.D, Kasper Spez, Khal Allan, Jay-Z)

But its primarily group 1 and 2, and then some 3 ;)

@Speedo
Thanks for your input, any suggestions on how to accommodate group 1&2 best?

I could live with having 2 primary music sites, but having to search up and down, ending up download several albums with DRM and then having the hassle of ripping these again... So much work! :P

Edit - added replies

@kukushka
hehe, thanks - i guess :)
...yeah seen the thread at hdbits, but I need to find the right site now...else ill just keep up getting on new sites and then stop using them and becoming inactive. So I would very much like to find the ideal music site for me :D - instead of having to use 10 different ones, including iTunes!

@0Ri0N
SuperTorrent Music? They really sucked when i was on there :D
But thats also quite some time ago, back when ST was going strong! :P

They have a massive archive?

anon
12-02-2009, 10:50 PM
@anon-sbi
However its been some time since i checked it, but it did not cut it for my music desire, so perhaps they are better now ;)

They have 600000 torrents now :happy:

For group 1 there's IndieTorrents. For group 2, TR, Elektronik and TT. For group 3 I can only remember RapThe.Net...

dapsycho
12-02-2009, 11:04 PM
@anon-sbi

@Sake
Cheers! Much appreciated, its mainly 3 types of music

Indie/Rock (Friendly Fires, Kings of Leon, Bloc Party, Band of Horses, Mew, The Xx, Julian Casablancas, Duné etc.)

Eletronic / House (Shir Khan, Portishead, Datasapiens, Fat Berri's, Axwell, Deadmau5, 2 Many Deejays, David Guetta, LCD Soundsystem, Benny Benassi etc.)

Hip Hop / Rap / R&B (MALK DE KOIJN, Majors, Wu-Tang Clan, Timbaland, N.E.R.D, Kasper Spez, Khal Allan, Jay-Z)

But its primarily group 1 and 2, and then some 3 ;)

@Speedo
Thanks for your input, any suggestions on how to accommodate group 1&2 best?

I could live with having 2 primary music sites, but having to search up and down, ending up download several albums with DRM and then having the hassle of ripping these again... So much work! :P

Edit - added replies

@kukushka
hehe, thanks - i guess :)
...yeah seen the thread at hdbits, but I need to find the right site now...else ill just keep up getting on new sites and then stop using them and becoming inactive. So I would very much like to find the ideal music site for me :D - instead of having to use 10 different ones, including iTunes!

@0Ri0N
SuperTorrent Music? They really sucked when i was on there :D
But thats also quite some time ago, back when ST was going strong! :P

They have a massive archive?

Im sorry

PSYtrance/Ambient

Classical/Jazz

moffe
12-02-2009, 11:08 PM
@dapsycho

Im sorry

PSYtrance/Ambient

Classical/Jazz

Que?!

invitestor
12-03-2009, 09:13 AM
what and waffles...

Swift
12-03-2009, 09:48 AM
moffe you shoud try SCC i think they have a 0day section for music .....all kind