PDA

View Full Version : Installation Trouble

Timmah
10-12-2003, 10:37 AM
Ok i own an official copy of Mafia, and I lent it to someone a few weeks ago - and the bastards managed to screw CD 2 up :angry: so now when I go to install it (for i foolishly uninstalled it a while back) the installation goes dead at the end of CD2's installation time, and it does not prompt me for CD3 - the CD starts and stops starts and stops etc, then it just stops and nothing happens. Its not as if the installer has crashed, just doing nothing...

Downloading the ISO for CD2 is a big nono - im on 56k, itll be over 600mb = most of my life :( but I remembered someone told me about extracting the ISO using some program, then repairing it with another program and burning it to a blank CD - is this possible and could someone please tell me how it works and give me some links. Thanks very much - I really wanna play Mafia now!

bucky
10-12-2003, 11:55 AM
You can extact the files with a prog. called WINISO. Then use another called CDMAGE to check for errors, and you may be able to fix the errors with that. Good luck.

Timmah
10-12-2003, 01:56 PM
Thanks I'll give it a try - otherwise; that guy owes me an ISO!

Marius24
10-12-2003, 03:42 PM
just get him to buy u a new copy :D

Timmah
10-12-2003, 03:44 PM
Didnt work. Wont even extract any of the ISO. Doubt he'll buy me a new one. Bastard. Oh well, he's gonna HAVE to do something - or things will get very messy... :ph34r: