PDA

View Full Version : What.cd and Waffles.fm

cfi
12-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Can someone please enlighten me* on what the difference is between these two seemingly alike music trackers?

*Me being someone who don't have an account on any of these two sites

whiteboy
12-03-2009, 02:44 PM
What cd has more content. Everytime I search a group on both. What always has way more releases.

susiserken
12-03-2009, 03:01 PM
I like both sites, but yea what has more content :yup:

cinephilia
12-03-2009, 03:03 PM
360.875 torrents.

Hrusciov
12-03-2009, 03:12 PM
what is better at everything...

waffles is a little gay and too many stupid .us members :| .

tippertime
12-03-2009, 03:21 PM

I dunno waffles seems pretty hetero to me :lol:

I like their community better too...

killour
12-03-2009, 03:44 PM
waffles ain`t gay, community is very friendly and helpful , i love being part of them

IdolEyes787
12-03-2009, 04:03 PM

I dunno waffles seems pretty hetero to me :lol:

I like their community better too...

That's the way I feel too .Not saying that What isn't friendly or the staff isn't top-notch but it's got a lot of members so Waffles just feels more personal.
I appreciate that more than the fact that I maybe can't get the Target only edition of Arular there.

xJohnxSmithx
12-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Both sites are great for music. I used to use both trackers. The only problem i have with waffles is that they disable users for inactivity too easily. Once you have your collection where you want it and If you don't listen to new music it's difficult to keep an account there. I am not going to dl some new crap just to keep my account alive. Otherwise the site is great and the staff were very friendly and willing to re-enable my account, although I decided not to because I figured the same thing would happen. What is bigger and they do get massive credit for bringing us gazelle.
cheers

Benjamin
12-03-2009, 04:37 PM
The staff are competent at waffles.

locusprince
12-03-2009, 04:45 PM
I like What.cd more for no particular reason i just Feel comfortable with it

anon
12-03-2009, 04:51 PM
I like What over Waffles because of the bigger amount of torrents and users. They also implemented the new ratio system recently, which makes it easier to survive if you seed your snatches.

redMonster
12-03-2009, 05:23 PM
I like What over Waffles because of the bigger amount of torrents and users. They also implemented the new ratio system recently, which makes it easier to survive if you seed your snatches.The new ratio system is NOT implemented yet. It's still in the planning stage. I hope you haven't told every one you know that it's implemented so that they go on a downloading spree without caring about the ratio.

anon
12-03-2009, 05:26 PM
My mistake :pinch: Should've written "new ratio system idea"...

And no, I haven't.

optimus_prime
12-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Why would he care about ratio, he's well known cheater anyway.

anon
12-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Because there are people that don't cheat, did you know that?

IdolEyes787
12-03-2009, 05:31 PM

You assume that because a person breaks a rule one place then they break them everywhere.Or even that anon-sbi is actually who he says he is .
In life you shouldn't ever take anything for granted.

optimus_prime
12-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Because there are people that don't cheat, did you know that?

Yes, but you sure ain't one of those...

anon
12-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Yes, but you sure ain't one of those...

First sentence of what IdolEyes said :P

optimus_prime
12-03-2009, 05:38 PM

You assume that because a person breaks a rule one place then they break them everywhere.Or even that anon-sbi is actually who he says he is .
In life you shouldn't ever take anything for granted.

If by one place you think "all trackers" then I agree :D
And yeah, he IS anon - moderator from ***, the home of all cheaters...

IdolEyes787
12-03-2009, 05:38 PM
optimus_prime you wouldn't make a very good boxer .I'd throw you a couple lefts and you'd keep expecting them and then next thing you'd know you'd be eating a right.

Unless I meet the man in person then as regards the internet I will always have my doubts.

anon
12-03-2009, 05:40 PM
If by one place you think "all trackers" then I agree :D

I have a few trackers I don't cheat on. Either because it's not necessary (ratio-free, bonus points) or they're insanely easy to seed.

And yeah, he IS anon - moderator from sbi, the home of all cheaters...

Another mistake... that's like saying everyone from FST is a trader because there's a section to trade here. We have users that don't cheat as well. :huh:

cinephilia
12-03-2009, 07:45 PM
I have a few trackers I don't cheat on. Either because it's not necessary (ratio-free, bonus points) or they're insanely easy to seed.
not necessary ? so you insinuate that you would cheat if you were on hard-to-seed trackers :D

anon
12-03-2009, 07:53 PM
Well, as a matter of fact that's true.

wheeloftime
12-03-2009, 08:26 PM
And yeah, he IS anon - moderator from sbi, the home of all cheaters...

Another mistake... that's like saying everyone from FST is a trader because there's a section to trade here. We have users that don't cheat as well. :huh:

So most, rather than all the sites members are cunts?

anon
12-03-2009, 08:32 PM
If that's how you call cheaters, then I suppose yes.

wheeloftime
12-03-2009, 08:46 PM
I assumed that was what most people in the BT world felt about cheaters. When I saw the warm welcome you got on this site I was genuinely shocked.

IdolEyes787
12-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Warm welcome?:unsure:

If that is what treating someone that you know absolute nothing about with a bit of courtesy then maybe.

wheeloftime
12-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Warm welcome?:unsure:

If that is what treating someone that you know absolute nothing about with a bit of courtesy then maybe.

I know he cheats on trackers, thats enough for me to dislike him on a filesharing forum

IdolEyes787
12-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Anyone ever tell you that a true gentleman treats even his worst enemy the way that he'd hopes to be treated himself.

Besides anon-sbi bad guy or not what is he going to do here convert you to the dark side?

Personally if I'm tracker staff ( or me which I happened be) I'm a lot more concerned about this bollocks than anything anon-sbi si going to say here.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/t-6x-revtt-5x-torrentleech-7x-bit-hdtv-380887

PS you don't know that he cheats on trackers even if he tells you so outright .
Or as mentioned that he is even anon-sbi for that matter.IF you believe the person can't be trusted why do you believe he is even who he says he is?

(http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/t-6x-revtt-5x-torrentleech-7x-bit-hdtv-380887)

wheeloftime
12-03-2009, 09:56 PM
PS you don't know that he cheats on trackers even if he tells you so outright .
Or as mentioned that he is even anon-sbi for that matter.IF you believe the person can't be trusted why do you believe he is even who he says he is?

(http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/t-6x-revtt-5x-torrentleech-7x-bit-hdtv-380887)

With anybody on internet forums you have to make a judgement call as to whether they are lying or not but based on his previous posts and the fact it wouldn't be that difficult to check simply by visiting his site, I think we both know it's him.

Personally if I'm tracker staff ( or me which I happened be) I'm a lot more concerned about this bollocks than anything anon-sbi si going to say here.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/t-6x-revtt-5x-torrentleech-7x-bit-hdtv-380887 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/t-6x-revtt-5x-torrentleech-7x-bit-hdtv-380887)

(http://filesharingtalk.com/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/t-6x-revtt-5x-torrentleech-7x-bit-hdtv-380887)
Although I agree from a tracker security viewpoint this appears far worse (I have a rather random theory as to why Anon is bad for security which I will expand on in a minute), the intentions of the OP in the thread you highlight couldn't be more different to Anon and his buddies. The guy in that thread is misguidedly trying to help his fellow torrenters in what appears to be quite an altruistic way. Unfortunately one of his invitees will probably be someone like Anon and he will end up losing his precious accounts.

In a previous post Anon spoke about his site and gave people hints about how to find it so they could judge for themselves (something I don't think he would do if he was an imposter). Being curious I did as he said and googled it, this took me straight to a thread entitled something along the lines of ' Can I use cheat client ABC to cheat at ('elite' hard to seed at) tracker XYZ.' The replies included ones such as ' I got banned at that tracker 4 times when I used cheat client EFG, but I now use cheat client ABC and it works fine', and others such as 'Hell yeah, I've faked 10tb up at that tracker with no problems using ABC'. The first thing this made me think was 'shit, that first guy has had 5 accounts so far at that tracker', which then led me to realise that if you can fake 10tb up then it is easy for these people to get into the most extreme user classes and produce invites like they are candy. They have giveaway threads on Anons sites too, but unlike the thread that you highlighted were the guy seems to want to invite 'good' users, the criteria on his site seem to be simply that the invitees know how to cheat without getting caught.

Something occured to me when talking about security issues that was way outside the box (and therefore probably completely wrong). I realise that the major recording studios have all probably agreed to let agencies like Brein have permission to download and seed their movies when infiltrating torrent sites in order to maintain there cover. But if you were ever prosecuted for downloading a film, and you found out that one of the people you were downloading from was a Brein operative, wouldn't there be a case for entrapment? Also if you infiltrate a site one of your next goals would surely be to produce invites so you could get more of your people inside and also the higher up in the user classes you become the more of a 'trusted' member you would become which I assume is also one of their goals. Cheating clients that allow you to climb user classes and produce invites whilst at the same time allowing you not to become embroiled in the actual act of pirating would seem on the surface to be a bit of a godsend for these agencies. This to me seems logical, but I may have completely missed an obvious flaw in this argument, however I can't see one. I would think therefore that someone like Anon who, from what I have read, designs some of these cheat clients and then makes them available to anyone that wants them is a far greater threat to tracker security than someone giving away a few invites in a giveaway thread.

emperorIX
12-04-2009, 05:36 PM
I highly doubt that this method of infiltration is anywhere near ideal. Wouldn't it be easier for an anti-piracy org to simply join fst, make a few posts and respond to a giveaway where the poster is giving away an invite to anybody that asks for it?

I'm also quite certain that entrapment would only apply to law enforcement and most definitely not to the private agencies acting on behalf of the industry lobby groups. If they're given permission to share the files, then they can remain a contributing member of any torrent site, harvesting info and ips for the inevitable takedown.

Back on topic. What is easier to navigate and is more organized (Gazelle), has more features, much more activity, many many more uploads, and I find the communities equally friendly and helpful in both trackers.

anon
12-04-2009, 06:05 PM
First of all: I don't have access to the invite areas, so I can't check what's going on that thread and make my own judgement. Sorry about that.

In a previous post Anon spoke about his site and gave people hints about how to find it so they could judge for themselves

Call it hinting if you will, but I'm not even mentioning names of the members/staff from my board other than mine (which yes, is almost the same I'm using here), or cheating mods/tools. The most "sensitive" thing I have posted is part of the URL for the thread on SB-I where people explained why they cheat, and their points of view on that, as well as trading, etc. I remember I also said something like "we're first for a lot of 'how to cheat on (tracker)' search queries", which is an undeniable truth, as pointed out by that FSF article on "ratio hacking". My intention wasn't to have more people cheat on trackers, but show how a Google search can lead you to how to do so, just as for almost everything else.

Being curious I did as he said and googled it, this took me straight to a thread entitled something along the lines of ' Can I use cheat client ABC to cheat at ('elite' hard to seed at) tracker XYZ.' ...

If it's the same tracker I'm thinking of right now, on my eyes it deserved all the cheating it got, but let's take my personal point of view apart. Assuming you've read my other post, you'll already know what I think of people that cheat because they can or think it's cool to flash 10TB in a few minutes. So I'll save my keyboard some service life and won't type the same over and over again. Not to mention trackers where you may have such an uploaded amount, but zero invites unless you upload content, donate, win a contest, etc.

They have giveaway threads on Anons sites too

There are only two threads, one of which is locked (as well as all the others on its same section, since we implemented a new invites area you don't immediately have access to upon registering).

but unlike the thread that you highlighted were the guy seems to want to invite 'good' users, the criteria on his site seem to be simply that the invitees know how to cheat without getting caught.

Either that you don't cheat or do it correctly, yes. It sounds pretty sensible to me considering that on some trackers you face the consequences if your invitee is caught cheating.

Cheating clients that allow you to climb user classes and produce invites whilst at the same time allowing you not to become embroiled in the actual act of pirating would seem on the surface to be a bit of a godsend for these agencies. This to me seems logical, but I may have completely missed an obvious flaw in this argument, however I can't see one. I would think therefore that someone like Anon who, from what I have read, designs some of these cheat clients and then makes them available to anyone that wants them is a far greater threat to tracker security than someone giving away a few invites in a giveaway thread.

Have you checked the leaked MediaDefender source code? They had created some of the most advanced cheating/leeching clients and tools before I even knew what a private tracker was. They would be able to cheat their way to higher userclasses and invites even if SB-I (or any other cheating board) didn't exist.

By the way, my name's "anon", not "Anon".

OlegL
12-04-2009, 06:36 PM
So, anon-sbi, judging from the fact that you weren't banned from what.cd yet, I assume you are a smart cheater.

IdolEyes787
12-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Like I said as long as anon-sbi respects the rules here and doesn't bring up his other associations or unless asked directly about it condone cheating then I believe his contributions outweigh the negative of his mere presence here.
Besides although it may make you and others feel better what possible effect does me banning him here have?
If a future ban is necessary though at least I have been provided with the perfect line -"I will see you anon"

anon
12-04-2009, 06:39 PM
So, anon-sbi, judging from the fact that you weren't banned from what.cd yet, I assume you are a smart cheater.

Yes, you could say so, although I'm on my third What.cd account right now. I lost the first one to a stupid mistake and the second one to thinking their scripts were the same as one year ago. Time passes...

If a future ban is necessary though at least I have been provided with the perfect line -"I will see you anon"

I have a better one - "right on anon" :lol:

nperversion
12-04-2009, 06:52 PM
What.CD all the way :)

Although it's quite hard to build a decent ratio unless you can upload some rare content rips.

Skiz
12-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Can someone please enlighten me* on what the difference is between these two seemingly alike music trackers?

*Me being someone who don't have an account on any of these two sites

They are both large music sites so if you're interested in downloading music, I recommend you not pick just one. I suggest getting into both as it isn't that difficult and the two sites compliment one another.

What.cd is without question my favorite out of the two. It is vastly more organized and is a pleasure to browse.

I can't comment on the "community" or anything else though as I just use them to steal files.

anon
12-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Although it's quite hard to build a decent ratio unless you can upload some rare content rips.

They have a list of albums that are only available on FLAC. You can transcode them to V0, V2, 320, etc. and get some upload.

cinephilia
12-04-2009, 07:58 PM

They have a list of albums that are only available on FLAC. You can transcode them to V0, V2, 320, etc. and get some upload.
seems you forgot that he needs to dl the flac first before encoding it. V0, V2 or 320kbps, no matter, the final size will be smaller than the original rip so in the end, he would loose out (plus he's not even sure his files will get dled).
i'd rather suggest to get flac or mp3@320 rips from torrents.ru or any of the numerous ddl boards & blogs available on the net and upload them on what.cd.

anon
12-04-2009, 08:03 PM
(plus he's not even sure his files will get dled).

I've been told there are a few boxes snatching every upload.

i'd rather suggest to get flac or mp3@320 rips from torrents.ru or any of the numerous ddl boards & blogs available on the net and upload them on what.cd.

That's a good idea, but you always need to make sure they aren't transcodes just in case...

Cabalo
12-04-2009, 08:11 PM
I assumed that was what most people in the BT world felt about cheaters. When I saw the warm welcome you got on this site I was genuinely shocked.
his warm welcome here was me immediately disabling his privileges. :rolleyes:
Though not related from where he comes from, or what he is there.
He clearly showed he isn't here to mess up or be a troublemaker, and none of his intentions show he wants to convert more users to the "darkside".
Actually, his contributions have been far more positive than many users around here, with minded opinions on many different subjects.
I'm not defending him, as he is grown up enough to defend himself, but the fact is we have no reason to ban him whatsoever.
If he wants to cheat, that's his problem. If he wants to be gay, that's his arse hole's problem.
Simple.

wheeloftime
12-04-2009, 08:37 PM
He clearly showed he isn't here to mess up or be a troublemaker, and none of his intentions show he wants to convert more users to the "darkside".
Actually, his contributions have been far more positive than many users around here, with minded opinions on many different subjects.
I'm not defending him, as he is grown up enough to defend himself, but the fact is we have no reason to ban him whatsoever.
If he wants to cheat, that's his problem. If he wants to be gay, that's his arse hole's problem.
Simple.

I was referring to the welcome he got from FST members, I think he was called a genius by one and others were so nice to him he started one of his posts by saying something like 'thanks for the nice words'. I really wasn't expecting that sort of reaction to him.

anon
12-04-2009, 09:15 PM
I was referring to the welcome he got from FST members, I think he was called a genius by one

It appears you're right:

A villain yes but you can't take the fact that he's a genius away from him.Like its got to take a real whiz to re-mod BT clients they way he does

Rart
12-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Simple.

I was referring to the welcome he got from FST members, I think he was called a genius by one and others were so nice to him he started one of his posts by saying something like 'thanks for the nice words'. I really wasn't expecting that sort of reaction to him.

I think it's similar to the mentality attached to traders.

Traders are breaking tracker rules, just like cheaters. Does that mean traders should be outcasted from every single thread on FST simply because they have broken tracker protocol?

Like it or not, cheating is an aspect of BT, just like trading is. Whereas they are discussions up to debate on the topic of trading, there are topics that can be discussed about cheating as well. Just because cheating is frowned upon, does that mean it shouldn't be discussed? Should the topic of criminal justice not be discussed because crimes are frowned upon?

It never hurts to have a primary account from the people themselves. You simply can't have a complete picture or an unbiased conversation on trading if the only people who are allowed to reply are non-traders. What kind of a lopsided debate would that be? anon-sbi provides an another unique perspective that can easily contribute to a discussion - whether you approve of it or not.

As others have said, I haven't seen anything negative from anon, and he has proven to be a very active and helpful member here. Like idol mentioned, he has managed to contribute quite a bit here, and unless he purposely prances about promoting cheating in order to flame threads and cause chaos, I don't see any reason not to treat him as simply any other member on this board. I may not condone his tracker activity, but that's irrelevant - they're related to the trackers he is on and their respective staff - not with this board.

wheeloftime
12-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Find somewhere in my posts where I say that the subject of cheating shouldn't be discussed or that cheaters shouldn't take part in those discussions. It is the admiration for this guy that I find strange.

Rart
12-04-2009, 10:46 PM
And saying that anyone affiliated with that type of behavior should be greeted with hostility isn't?

He's been posting productively and hasn't caused any trouble. I don't see any reason he wouldn't be greeted with "open arms". I don't judge him for it, this is a forum, not a tracker.

wheeloftime
12-04-2009, 10:55 PM
And saying that anyone affiliated with that type of behavior should be greeted with hostility isn't?

He's been posting productively and hasn't caused any trouble. I don't see any reason he wouldn't be greeted with "open arms". I don't judge him for it, this is a forum, not a tracker.

Yes this is a forum and its about filesharing and to my mind cheating on trackers is the antithesis of sharing so I can definitely see a big reason for him not to be greeted with "open arms".
We're obviously not going to agree on this though.

anon
12-04-2009, 11:02 PM
to my mind cheating on trackers is the antithesis of sharing

How do you know I don't do my best to share legitimately regardless of cheating, which is the case? I may cheat, but that's mostly a last resort when torrents just don't seem to seed, not a way to have ratio requirements not apply and be able to leech for free.

And no, we aren't going to agree on this either.

nperversion
12-05-2009, 01:26 AM
Thanks fot the advices about What.CD building ratio, I may get some FLAC/V0/V2/320 rips from original sources soon.

Eargasm
12-05-2009, 02:04 AM
I think like the functionality of what.cd is better than that of waffles. That's not to say that waffles isn't great.

I am especially fond of the gazelle tracker, and that always pushed me towards what.cd.

The community at both are pretty good, IMO. I'm happy to be a member at both, though waffles is more the backup music hydra head.

wheeloftime
12-05-2009, 09:30 AM

How do you know I don't do my best to share legitimately regardless of cheating, which is the case? I may cheat, but that's mostly a last resort when torrents just don't seem to seed, not a way to have ratio requirements not apply and be able to leech for free.

I never expected to agree with you on this matter anon. I am surprised that my views are so at odds with the majority of members who have posted in this thread on the matter. I have said repeatedly that the admiration and praise that you recieved when you joined shocked me and I suspect it also surprised you.

I am also surprised that so little effort is put into analysing the views you express. You justify your cheating as a last resort and post how you disagree with those that use cheating solely as a means to hit n' run, whilst appearing to take no responsibility for the fact that it is the clients you design and the website you are staff on that allows those same people to do what they do.
You say you only cheat when you have to and therefore are a ‘sharer’ too, but the cynic in me wonders whether you simply do this to lessen the chances of getting caught cheating.
Instead, it feels to me, that members are more interested in rushing to protect your freedom of speech if they feel someone is attacking that (which I wasn't). I regret my first comment in this thread, I shouldn't have called cheaters cunts, but I have a chest infection and was coughing up blood on that day, so perhaps I wasn't in the best frame of mind to be posting. However I feel everything I have said since has been justified.

I am really uncomfortable being part of a community where someone with your views has been so openly accepted and so have decided that I will no longer visit this site - obviously this means I won't be responding to any reply you make to this thread. There are other things in my life that I should be devoting more time to anyway.

I would like my account here to be deleted but know that this site doesn’t delete accounts (I’ve never understood why).

pone44
12-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Hope you get better and stop cheating. What's the point? To raise your ratio, is that worth losing the site entirely?
:huh:

Benjamin
12-05-2009, 11:33 AM
I am really uncomfortable being part of a community where someone with your views has been so openly accepted and so have decided that I will no longer visit this site

This is why FST is awesome, everyone can post their own opinion, and people like him can leave :thumbsup:

optimus_prime
12-05-2009, 02:51 PM
he is not just poor brazilian boy cheating because his line sucks.
he is a cheater that's actively creating community, educating and supplying tools for people to cheat.

and that's not even remotely comparable to traders. traders got their bad rep exactly because they unknowingly invite cheaters.

cheaters ruin filesharing by bringing speeds down and exerting the same load on trackers like other users. if you want your scc to act like mininova pm anon for instructions.

IdolEyes787
12-05-2009, 02:55 PM

I never expected to agree with you on this matter anon. I am surprised that my views are so at odds with the majority of members who have posted in this thread on the matter. I have said repeatedly that the admiration and praise that you recieved when you joined shocked me and I suspect it also surprised you.

I am also surprised that so little effort is put into analyzing the views you express. You justify your cheating as a last resort and post how you disagree with those that use cheating solely as a means to hit n' run, whilst appearing to take no responsibility for the fact that it is the clients you design and the website you are staff on that allows those same people to do what they do.
You say you only cheat when you have to and therefore are a ‘sharer’ too, but the cynic in me wonders whether you simply do this to lessen the chances of getting caught cheating.
Instead, it feels to me, that members are more interested in rushing to protect your freedom of speech if they feel someone is attacking that (which I wasn't). I regret my first comment in this thread, I shouldn't have called cheaters cunts, but I have a chest infection and was coughing up blood on that day, so perhaps I wasn't in the best frame of mind to be posting. However I feel everything I have said since has been justified.

I am really uncomfortable being part of a community where someone with your views has been so openly accepted and so have decided that I will no longer visit this site - obviously this means I won't be responding to any reply you make to this thread. There are other things in my life that I should be devoting more time to anyway.

I would like my account here to be deleted but know that this site doesn’t delete accounts (I’ve never understood why).

Again I fail to see any acceptance of anon-sbi's practices.As for analysising what he has said that requires little effort as does me coming to the conclusion that whatever I say to dispute anything here is a waste of breath.

Edit:decided to waste breath .

I'm against cheating but I'm not against allowing debates about it. I'm also against trading,lying ,indiscriminate giveaways and stupidly and narrow-mindedness and yet all of those seem to flourish here.
Also as stated ( wasting a lot of breath here since no one did) if anyone took the time to read my previous comments they would see that anon-sbi is only allowed to remain so far as I don't determine that he is actively promoting cheating here.
GoD save us from cheaters and God save us from the unreasonable .Hallelujah.Amen.

The_Martinator
12-05-2009, 03:01 PM

I have to LOL at this. Hard. There are hundreds of trackers out there, where you can get the same stuff, some are even no ratio...

Not a way to have ratio requirements apply? What, do you have your upload speed capped to 1 KB/s? I have had little or no problems keeping a ratio, even at hard to seed sites, by simply seeding for a long time AND downloading what I want. By cheating you're basically saying that the ratio requirements don't apply.

It's obvious you won't agree with me on this, since you have your mind set on you doing "the right thing".

PS: I don't think you're a genious. I think you're someone with too much time, however.

anon
12-05-2009, 05:12 PM
I have said repeatedly that the admiration and praise that you recieved when you joined shocked me and I suspect it also surprised you.

Yes, kind of. A part of me as well as the rest of the SB-I Staff expected an instaban. Fortunately, I was allowed to stay (although with disabled privileges at first, since it appears someone else was using the same proxy as me), the same way I'd allow you to post what you think about cheating on my board as long as you do it on an intelligent, non-spam way. I mean, we're even allowing tracker staff to have their own accounts there, so people can know who they are, and that they can speak for the tracker.

I am also surprised that so little effort is put into analysing the views you express. You justify your cheating as a last resort and post how you disagree with those that use cheating solely as a means to hit n' run, whilst appearing to take no responsibility for the fact that it is the clients you design and the website you are staff on that allows those same people to do what they do.

Yes, I make mods for a popular BitTorrent client that basically report increased stats (if any) to the tracker. But it's perfectly possible to leech and hit & run without this even being acknowledged on the tracker with the official version, and anyone with a slight amount of networking knowledge should find out how. I won't say it here, of course, but it basically allows you to appear as having downloaded 1MB of the wrong torrent, while you can leech that 10GB game at full speed without ratio worries. And this is without modding of any sort. So it's perfectly possible to hit & run and go unpunished without using a mod. The fake upload reports (or lack thereof) my mods offer come for free.

No, it's because I want to share. I'm knowledgeable enough to leech whatever I want without uploading a single byte and not get caught if I wanted to. Actually, the more experienced you become with cheating, the more you realize about the damage you cause if you hit & run.

...than discussing the morality of whether to upload or cheat to be able to keep on pirating stuff. I understand.

To raise your ratio, is that worth losing the site entirely?

You'll never get banned if you do it correctly. You do get banned for having a low ratio, though (although some trackers are relaxed about ratios, and a few even give second chances).

he is not just poor brazilian boy cheating because his line sucks.
he is a cheater that's actively creating community, educating and supplying tools for people to cheat.

I won't deny that. Seems you know a lot about me :P

and that's not even remotely comparable to traders. traders got their bad rep exactly because they unknowingly invite cheaters.

I thought the ones that didn't know enough got their "bad rep" inviting people they don't know as long as they have a good offer, a group which can include cheaters, leechers, anti-P2P, or simply perfectly good users that wanted to get inside the tracker that was being offered, and saw trading as an option.

Again, I'm not a trader, so I couldn't tell you.

cheaters ruin filesharing by bringing speeds down and exerting the same load on trackers like other users. if you want your scc to act like mininova pm anon for instructions.

If you want your SCC to act like Mininova, unplug all seedboxes. :huh:

Oh, and I think I won't be able to reply to PMs at the moment.

I have to LOL at this. Hard. There are hundreds of trackers out there, where you can get the same stuff, some are even no ratio...

Yes, I'm at some ratio-free sites and don't cheat on those. However, either I picked the wrong places or they're only full of one-seeder torrents, which even if they are 1Gbit seedboxes don't serve me well as my connection is shaped. Retention and peer activity also aren't the same as on ratio trackers.

Not a way to have ratio requirements apply? What, do you have your upload speed capped to 1 KB/s? I have had little or no problems keeping a ratio, even at hard to seed sites, by simply seeding for a long time AND downloading what I want.

That's great and I'm happy for you, unfortunately it wasn't my case on some sites.

By cheating you're basically saying that the ratio requirements don't apply.

Well, there's a known saying on the cheating community - "with the right tools, every tracker is ratio-free".

It's obvious you won't agree with me on this, since you have your mind set on you doing "the right thing".

If not agreeing means explaining how my experiences haven't been the same as yours, then I guess not.

PS: I don't think you're a genious. I think you're someone with too much time, however.

I didn't expect you to, and yes, that's right - currently I have a lot of free time.

The_Martinator
12-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Hm, I have to say you can present arguments. But I still have to point something out: you say that retention is not as good on ratio free trackers. Guess what, you're ruining retention of torrents by cheating at ratio sites (OK, I'm presuming that you stop seeding right after your modded clients "does its thing" here, as you are well aware most cheaters do).

Btw, I'm a big fan of keeping stuff alive by seeding for a long time.

PS: My upload speed is 25 KB/s. Beat that!! :P

anon
12-05-2009, 05:27 PM
(OK, I'm presuming that you stop seeding right after your modded clients "does its thing" here, as you are well aware most cheaters do).

Then you're wrong.

PS: My upload speed is 25 KB/s. Beat that!! :P

Mine's supposed to be 32kB/s, but I can't get it to increase from 20.

user12345
12-05-2009, 08:35 PM
what.cd seems to be the best and the layout is nice too.

pone44
12-06-2009, 03:17 AM
Anon Sbi, I see no point in what you do. I have no reason to cheat as seeding is not hard an d I am not disrespectful to staff. Especially at what where others work hard to get their ratio up while you just mod your client or whatever, I don't agree with that. Why can't you just dl and seed to 1.1 or 72 hours? I never used a seedbox. Also have no interest in a forum that teaches members to cheat trackers and their staff! You may see it different.

I do not want to know ANY methods, ways to do it... Not interested. Why risk a account cheating when one can survive by following the rules? Faking your stats I assume increasing your buffer and userclass which would give you privileges on some sites to ask for invites so you may have not traded. You just show them crazy buffered proofs.

I don't doubt your knowledge. Is like stealing a candy bar from the store when you have money in your pocket.

Yes, kind of. A part of me as well as the rest of the SB-I Staff expected an instaban. Fortunately, I was allowed to stay (although with disabled privileges at first, since it appears someone else was using the same proxy as me), the same way I'd allow you to post what you think about cheating on my board as long as you do it on an intelligent, non-spam way.

Yes, I make mods for a popular BitTorrent client that basically report increased stats (if any) to the tracker. But it's perfectly possible to leech and hit & run without this even being acknowledged on the tracker with the official version, and anyone with a slight amount of networking knowledge should find out how. I won't say it here, of course, but it basically allows you to appear as having downloaded 1MB of the wrong torrent, while you can leech that 10GB game at full speed without ratio worries. And this is without modding of any sort. So it's perfectly possible to hit & run and go unpunished without using a mod. The fake upload reports (or lack thereof) my mods offer come for free.

To raise your ratio, is that worth losing the site entirely?

You'll never get banned if you do it correctly. You do get banned for having a low ratio, though (although some trackers are relaxed about ratios, and a few even give second chances).

Relaxed about ratios, not cheating....
Did you ever staff(fls) at a tracker?
Edit: but you never answered if you staffed at any trackers? You just have something to do with BT if you own such a forum.
Also why did you start the forum in the first place knowing that all or most of your pupils get banned just for being a member? I can't really blame them either. Not trying to be hostile.

anon
12-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Especially at what where others work hard to get their ratio up while you just mod your client or whatever, I don't agree with that. Why can't you just dl and seed to 1.1 or 72 hours?

I have already replied to that on my other post.

Also have no interest in a forum that teaches members to cheat trackers and their staff!

I do not want to know ANY methods, ways to do it... Not interested.

Since you don't cheat, I find that logical :rolleyes:

Why risk a account foing that when one can survive by following the rules?

Already replied, too.

(It sounds nice when put like that, right?)

Faking your stats I assume increasing your buffer and userclass which would give you privileges on some sites to ask for invites so you may have not traded. You just show them crazy buffered proofs.

I have only taken 1-2 invites from trackers' PU forums, since doing that links your accounts - get banned at one tracker, and you'll probably get banned at the other, too. Something I don't want to happen.

I don't fake huge ratios just for bling, there's no prize for that. Actually, as a cheater it's better to aim for low ratios and not stand out.

Relaxed about ratios, not cheating....

Exactly. That's 100% what I meant. I'm glad you noticed it.

OlegL
12-06-2009, 05:32 PM
anon-sbi, I truly think you are a nice person, but you need to have morals in this world, which means this simply: cheating is immoral and unethical. I know someone from another hard to seed tracker who built his ratio by uploading stuff with his 16 KB/sec uploading speed. So, why didn't you ever think about uploading your own stuff to a tracker? I believe that with your 20 KB/sec uploading speed, you can survive on any tracker without cheating. Believe me, it's good to have morals in this world.

anon
12-06-2009, 05:40 PM
So, why didn't you ever think about uploading your own stuff to a tracker?

What do you want me to upload? Most of the trackers I'm on have pretty much everything. And those where I actually had the intention of giving a hand with content would take that as a selfish offer to gain advancement if they ever found out who I am (a particular site only gives invites after a certain amount of uploaded torrents).

Believe me, it's good to have morals in this world.

You think I don't have any because I use cheat clients on private trackers instead of uploading to keep my ratio up and be able to illegally download stuff... I got the idea, but give me a break.

r4gg
12-06-2009, 06:49 PM
what.cd is much better.
both born from oink death.

if u have to pick one... go for what.cd

btw.. what.cd just removed all invites from users.
no eta to comeback

sez
12-06-2009, 09:07 PM

A villain yes but you can't take the fact that he's a genius away from him.Like its got to take a real whiz to re-mod BT clients they way he does
well wow,I must have been in a very good mood that day lol but I think I did go a little further than that :P.

Truth be told though,I do have a soft spot for smart people.You can feign alot of things but I don't think acuity is one of them.
Prior to my post,anon said something that actually made me think(go read it if you want to) and you know that's something that seldomly happens around here and the funny thing is that upon introspection I was still unable to come up with a definite response.

Am sure all the hostility he's received so far has simply been out of difference in principle otherwise I think he'd take the best there is to logic 101 if anybody was willing to volunteer and not quit which seems to be the case so far.Kinda reminds me of the stem cell debate that once was.

Am sure you've all heard statement like 'I'd vote xxx but I don't necessarily agree with all his views' well its the same here,I like the fact that he's smart and that he is more than capable to hold his own in an argument,two things that I've openly recognized.However just like many of you,I don't think ratio cheating is in any way within the original spirit of bittorrent and I'd unequivocally disagree with him just on principle.

That said,it does leave alot to be desired on your part to go as far as quitting a message board just coz somebody doesn't subscribe to your e-principles.I imagine its worse in rl,like you find your girl dildo hopping so you leave her for cheating,right?like how abnormally sensitive are some of these people?

I know its hard but its good every once in a while to look at the bigger picture and actually try to not be so myopic.

awaited
12-07-2009, 03:39 AM
waffles for community , what for content.

Cabalo
12-07-2009, 04:10 AM
I imagine its worse in rl,like you find your girl dildo hopping so you leave her for cheating,right?
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: by far, one of the best sentences I've read at this forum!

OlegL
12-07-2009, 04:28 AM
You think I don't have any because I use cheat clients on private trackers instead of uploading to keep my ratio up and be able to illegally download stuff... I got the idea, but give me a break.

But you should respect staffers and uploaders for allowing you to download stuff for free. If you can download things for free, don't you think it would only be a right thing to do to play the game fairly, which means you shouldn't cheat? I don't wanna irritate you by my comments, but just think about what I said. :)

Benjamin
12-07-2009, 04:49 AM
Anon, I can tell you right now I had a 20kb/s connection in the past and kept an acceptable ratio on all my trackers.

I imagine its worse in rl,like you find your girl dildo hopping so you leave her for cheating,right?

I'm sure 90% of the torrent community would agree with that statement. :lol:

anon
12-07-2009, 04:19 PM
If you can download things for free, don't you think it would only be a right thing to do to play the game fairly, which means you shouldn't cheat?

Yes, but then again...

And even if I left cheating right now, I'd still be banned (if found) for what I've done in the past, and also no one would believe me (although I don't need them to) - you saw a post by someone else on this board: "there's no reformed ratio cheater, since cheating is addicting" :rolleyes:

I don't wanna irritate you by my comments, but just think about what I said. :)

You aren't irritating me. As a matter of fact, I like the way you're laying things out.

punki_rach
12-07-2009, 06:20 PM
no eta to comeback

?

no they didn't

Brandon
12-07-2009, 08:34 PM
no eta to comeback

?

no they didn't

Not all users, I still have unlimited.

On topic though, what.sexy has an exceptional staff team and whatman is an awesome guy who I personally respect a lot, if that tells you anything. What.sexy is the new oink.

Heroo
12-07-2009, 08:46 PM
What cd has more content. Everytime I search a group on both. What always has way more releases.

yes i am withe you

and whatcd have nice design :)

redMonster
12-08-2009, 12:23 AM
Not all users, I still have unlimited.

On topic though, what.sexy has an exceptional staff team and whatman is an awesome guy who I personally respect a lot, if that tells you anything. What.sexy is the new oink.Amen to this. What.cd has the best set of staff members I have seen on a tracker. This doesn't mean that other trackers' staff are not going a good job, but I just find what.cd staff to be really professional and organized. And they have few great coders (the sysops and developers).

Ewwwyourface
12-09-2009, 05:40 PM
waffles is a backup so if what.cd shuts down everyone will go to waffles lmfao

pone44
12-10-2009, 01:16 AM
Both are great resources for apps,music,ebooks. Let's hope they stay up as long as possible.

sear
12-10-2009, 07:38 AM

Just my point of view but a friend of mine likes to say FST is the wild west of the torrent world. That's why I've been a member here for so long and I keep coming back. This place has the good the bad and the ugly and it's the ugly that makes it interesting...as well as the occasional intelligent conversation you have or contact you make.

I want to make clear that I actually agree with everything you've said and I'd love to get my hands on anon's real details :P but at the same time fuck it. If he posts here under a fake name or his real one which would you prefer?

Giving him a warm welcome is beyond me and I was actually shocked to see he was posting here openly without staff interfering. As his nick has the name (most of it) of his forum in it that's a bit of a double standard considering what happened with BCC back in the day, but whatever Reality doesn't seem to be around much these days and people can even mention bcc without getting DP'd I guess the edict about not advertising other forums has lapsed and I like the idea of having a place where free speech rules. It sits well with my lefty tendencies.

Honestly there are a lot of cunts here, but there's also some good folks and having an open place to converse or argue with the cunts with is an asset imho.

Hope you get better and stop cheating. What's the point? To raise your ratio, is that worth losing the site entirely?

Mate, I'd say anon does it for fun. Correct me if I'm wrong but it's a hobby for him just like torrenting or PC's in general. He likes coding modded clients and enjoys being the enemy of every staffer out there.

And @ anon don't think no one noticed you ignore the question about being staff at a tracker ;)

pone44
12-10-2009, 08:19 AM
I don't care who he is nor am I interested in his forum. I don't care for cheating. Is a hassle for staffers. Can't blame you for being upset at him. His forum has led to a lot of the members getting global bans, so he said or someone? As long as he is not recruiting people to cheat. And he admits, he is addicted to it. For whatever reason? Is foolish in my mind.

And @ anon don't think no one noticed you ignore the question about being staff at a tracker ;)

I thought so, too clever. Is a revenge thing anon?

cinephilia
12-10-2009, 02:09 PM
FST does not have the duty to judge its members for something they did (as wrong as it might be) on other sites, period.
cheating is against private trackers rules, but you hae to understand that these rules have absolutely no effect here.

Benjamin
12-10-2009, 02:12 PM
Exactly, people should have the right to express their own opinion, regardless if it's right or wrong, whatever man. Freedom of speech like sear said.

Ewwwyourface
12-10-2009, 02:17 PM
anyone can cheat on a tracker the staff only kno how to catch retards who seed torrents with no leechers or partial seeds
jump on a new torrent with leechers dont set a dumbass speed u think staff can detect it? they just have scripts to catch dumb ppl lol

then again if u fuck up they have their own private staff nerd forums and they all share ips so .........

u dont even need to cheat believe me if u needed to i would be the first one doing it lmfao

Cabalo
12-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Giving him a warm welcome is beyond me and I was actually shocked to see he was posting here openly without staff interfering. As his nick has the name (most of it) of his forum in it that's a bit of a double standard considering what happened with BCC back in the day,
Assuming we didn't interfere as soon as he registered is wrong. You haven't been around here much lately, but everyone who noticed anon, knows he got an infraction the moment he started posting.
Now, we knew there wouldn't be any consensus towards his figure or actions, but here we don't care on what he did outside, we care what he does here. FST isn't the internet cops, unlike some sites who try to act as such (clearly, I'm not talking about yours).
Moving forward, now that this is clear. His posts haven't ever been promoting his site or actions, nor trying to motivate someone to go to the "darkside" or giving advise. The moment he does that, he knows things change immediately. But as he is a clever guy, I'm sure he won't do such a mistake.

The welcome part, yeah, I noticed some members seemed to know him quite well :eyebrows: And the moment he was considered a "genius", I was sure we're both thinking the same.
And I never heard about that BCC place. :huh:

anon
12-10-2009, 04:57 PM
I want to make clear that I actually agree with everything you've said and I'd love to get my hands on anon's real details :P

Good luck with that. I have been extra-careful not to leave any information of me on the Internet ever since I got a 128Kbit line for my first computer (an AMD K6-2) back in the day. You won't even find a picture of me.

Giving him a warm welcome is beyond me and I was actually shocked to see he was posting here openly without staff interfering.

Take away the infraction which disabled my privileges I got five minutes after posting and yes, the staff didn't interfere. :rolleyes:

As his nick has the name (most of it) of his forum in it that's a bit of a double standard considering what happened with BCC back in the day

I don't know what BCC is or stands for either, but I wouldn't say appending a three-letter acronym to my nickname is including most of my forum's full name. Google it and you'll find me, yes. But I'm not the only person this applies for.

Mate, I'd say anon does it for fun. Correct me if I'm wrong but it's a hobby for him just like torrenting or PC's in general. He likes coding modded clients and enjoys being the enemy of every staffer out there.

Yes, making, triple-checking, and RARing up every mod to see if it works correctly is a lot of fun. I did learn a lot of things about the BitTorrent protocol and program modding in general doing it, though.

And I don't particularly enjoy "being the enemy of every staffer out there". I have a lot of respect for some of them, actually. I guess it just happens.

I must have missed that one, so here it goes:
You probably confused me with someone using a nickname that's very similar to mine, and indeed is tracker staff. I don't know why Melvin started the rumor I'm admin on two trackers if that's where you got this "info", but sorry to disappoint you, I'm not.

And he admits, he is addicted to it. For whatever reason? Is foolish in my mind.

I never said I was addicted to cheating. I did say that even if I dropped it, I'd be banned for my past if I was ever found. I only quoted someone saying that cheating was addicting. Reread my post carefully.

Moving forward, now that this is clear. His posts haven't ever been promoting his site or actions, nor trying to motivate someone to go to the "darkside" or giving advise. The moment he does that, he knows things change immediately. But as he is a clever guy, I'm sure he won't do such a mistake.

You got that right. I'm not here to encourage or promote cheating, so I guess it'll be a nice stay.

Bad-Day
12-10-2009, 05:22 PM
and for 1.000000.0000 euros i can reveal anon.....

tarammmmmmmmmm

anon
12-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Go ahead.

Bad-Day
12-10-2009, 05:27 PM
not your name, but at least one account,

and not only you, some off the guys off sbi too...

ps: i would love to tell you who i am, but i wont :D

pps: that i recall you were not the brain at sbi

anon
12-10-2009, 05:31 PM
ps: i would love to tell you who i am, but i wont :D

Don't worry, I just made the connection to someone with the same style as yours that was banned one year ago and had a good laugh. :happy:

pps: that i recall you were not the brain at sbi

Well, congratulations. It must have taken a lot of effort to realize I wasn't a well-known member when I had 8 posts.

Bad-Day
12-10-2009, 05:40 PM
banned me ?

mwahhaha, i said i never cheated, and i said i know you,,,

But dont worry, i dont see any point in telling who you are.

can i finally pm you ? ill tell you who i am.

I dont like confusions, and suspicion, specially when you say that i was banned...

anon
12-10-2009, 05:41 PM
can i finally pm you ? ill tell you who i am.

Seems not at the moment, even though my account is older than 15 days. I have just made a report about this.

Ewwwyourface
12-10-2009, 06:03 PM
bad-day is the99 lol

Cabalo
12-10-2009, 06:21 PM
bad-day is the99 lol
obviously, that's public. :happy:

cinephilia
12-10-2009, 06:44 PM
the99? wait, isn't that the guy with the one-eyed girl avatar who is member in every trackers/forums supposed to be secret? :whistling

Bad-Day
12-10-2009, 07:52 PM
bad-day is the99 lol

No i am not.

Those who need to know who i am, allready know it.

Respect the99 hes a big friend off mine.

Pukeface FAIL!

Esperava mais inteligencia de ti Cabalo.

Idol knows perfectly well who i am, he can vouche for me.

Cabalo youre too stupid to figure it out on your own. Moron

Bytheway this is not about me, or pukeface or cabalo, its about cheating so... keep it on topic

anon
12-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Bytheway this is not about me, or pukeface or cabalo, its about cheating so... keep it on topic

Actually, it's about "What.cd and Waffles.fm", but it got so derailed TrueSounds had to make another one.

Funkin'
12-10-2009, 10:11 PM
the99? wait, isn't that the guy with the one-eyed girl avatar who is member in every trackers/forums supposed to be secret? :whistling

He is a member at most places, I guess, but he's also pretty good guy.

Rart
12-10-2009, 11:12 PM

Actually, it's about "What.cd and Waffles.fm", but it got so derailed TrueSounds had to make another one.

Exactly. It spun offtopic a long time ago, but as long as it still is an.. *ahem* thought provoking discussion I think it's just fine.

I feel the faint smell of alluding to secret and mysterious forums and friends approaching :rolleyes:. Pity I've never had the opportunity of joining such elite forums, I always feel so left out when threads degenerate into this :emo:.

IdolEyes787
12-10-2009, 11:19 PM

He is a member at most places, I guess, but he's also pretty good guy.

We're all pretty good guy's ...... except for the Bad-Day cawk ,he only wishes that he was as cool as The99.I'd like to see him get into "every trackers/forums supposed to be secret" and never say anything intelligent.
Wait I take that back he already did.:rolleyes:

@Rart I was going to invite you to TTC but I decided to invite The99 instead.:yup:

Ewwwyourface
12-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Respect the99 hes a big friend off mine.

whatever all u ppl kno each other same thing lol

Funkin'
12-11-2009, 12:00 AM
:blink:

Cabalo
12-11-2009, 04:45 AM
Cabalo youre too stupid to figure it out on your own. Moron
No need for hostility. :rolleyes:

Or should I say, keep going?

I'm yet to see a decent, or even remotely constructive/helpful post of yours at this board. I'm entitled to think you're passing the limits, and that's not because you insulted me, it's just your general attitude here. At least try to have some wit when you do it. *sigh*
You're not far from some of brianH's behaviors in a recent past, and you know how the story ends.
I warned you once in the past, to moderate your attitude and be reasonably constructive at least in some posts (I don't even ask at most, even one constructive post would do). That doesn't seem to be happening.

I'm quite the reasonable guy, and that's why you're still here. Trust me, with some of the other people who modded around here in the past, that wouldn't be happening. Would I blame them? No.

You lack style on what you're trying to achieve here.

Ewwwyourface
12-11-2009, 04:04 PM
thats what bad-day and all of his portugese friends do
at least i help ppl sometimes they do nothing lol
all they do is join sites listed on the level list here and sit there and do nothing lmfao

Cabalo
12-11-2009, 04:23 PM
thats what bad-day and all of his portugese friends do
at least i help ppl sometimes they do nothing lol
all they do is join sites listed on the level list here and sit there and do nothing lmfao
oh c'mon brianh, some are, some aren't. He is far from being an example. I like to think we are witty and intelligent people, at least many of us.

Ewwwyourface
12-11-2009, 04:54 PM
im not talkin about all portugese just bad-day and his friends like the99 and pwarrier or w/e his name is lol