PDA

View Full Version : Making a Torrent Tracker

deed2
12-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Hello there every one ;)

very sorry if this is in the wrong section , im looking into setting up a Torrent tracker and am a full time noob so i dont know a great deal about it but im in no rush on setting one up
i just want a good hobby

now i do know its a very hard thing to do that does cost a fair bit of money and time ect but if some one could point me in the right direction then that would be great

1 what do i need for a good private site ( i know alot about the scene ect :naughty: )

2 how much does it cost

thanks alot people for your help and for being suce a noob.

sheriff 01
12-03-2009, 04:37 PM
I hope someone can help you out with your quest. There are alot of knowledgable people here and i am sure you will soon get the help you desire. :yup:

anon
12-03-2009, 05:03 PM
If what you're looking for is how to set up a tracker, you should check the TBdev forums:
http://www.tbdev.net/index.php
There you'll find plenty of information to get you started.

What you need to have a good private site? I suppose you're hinting at Scene access. Get it, then code your auto-upload script to race stuff. Of course, it sounds very easy when put like that. Perhaps there's more to it, I don't have too much experience with this so I can't help you.

Rart
12-03-2009, 11:16 PM
There are plenty of guides, try tbdev, FSF, filenetworks, or maybe you could test out gazelle as well, depending on what you are looking for.

The most significant thing I think is, please don't start another 0day/scene tracker. There are already far too many of them, and unless you have something revolutionary there is a 99% chance it will fail due to lack of activity.

Think about what kind of tracker you want it to be. And if you don't start a 0day/scene tracker, you won't need to pay or find uploaders with "scene access".

CPC464
12-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Hello there every one ;)

very sorry if this is in the wrong section , im looking into setting up a Torrent tracker and am a full time noob so i dont know a great deal about it but im in no rush on setting one up
i just want a good hobby

now i do know its a very hard thing to do that does cost a fair bit of money and time ect but if some one could point me in the right direction then that would be great

1 what do i need for a good private site ( i know alot about the scene ect :naughty: )

2 how much does it cost

thanks alot people for your help and for being suce a noob.

setting up a tracker is harder than spelling etc.

Eargasm
12-03-2009, 11:43 PM
You should know or learn how to make a basic database driven website using similar technology to what one of the existing trackers use.

And throw in a bit more knowledge about server administration.

Then go for it...

cinephilia
12-04-2009, 12:02 AM
i'd say don't even bother to create one if you're a "noob", it will inevitably fail.

mievmo
12-04-2009, 12:06 AM
GL, just don;t give up and all be good. more is better.

sriups
12-04-2009, 01:37 AM
what you're looking for is how to set up a tracker, you should check the TBdev forums:
http://www.tbdev.net/index.php
There you'll find plenty of information to get you started.

always thought tosetup a tracker..thanks for info mate.

ExtraDry
12-04-2009, 06:29 AM
Unless you have coder that you trust life will sux for you,
wouldn't even try.

sez
12-04-2009, 06:33 PM
90% of all start ups fail.No need trying.

peugeottech
12-04-2009, 08:13 PM
if every one had a attitude like that then we wouldnt have torrent sites