PDA

View Full Version : On Tmpgenc What Does 'motion Search -

shamoneMF
10-12-2003, 10:02 PM
What way will putting the setting to 'highest quality' improve the picture? is it worth waiting the extra time? Am i correct in thinking it will make the film run smoother? thanks for any help

mojo2185
10-12-2003, 10:20 PM
It's hard to describe exactly what it does, but it will improve the picture quality if it is set on a higher setting. In my opinion, there is little difference between "high quality" and "highest quality." But others may disagree. If you are a quality freak and want it to look really good, and are trying to get near DVD quality picture, i'd recommend setting it on high or highest, and wait the extra time. I would say its worth the wait. It does add a significant amount of time to the encode though, i usually let it go overnight (then again i have a slow computer about 700 mhz).

Hope this helps a bit, and if I'm wrong or misleading, hopefully someone will correct me.

shamoneMF
10-12-2003, 10:36 PM
cheers mojo, im away to encode a film now on 'high quality'. Got a 1.8ghz processor so hopefully i can watch before the wee hours. :rolleyes:

mojo2185
10-13-2003, 06:02 AM
Got a 1.8ghz processor so hopefully i can watch before the wee hours. 
Lucky you, i&#39;d kill for anything above 700mhz <_<
Hope your encode turns out ok&#33;

Take it easy,

3RA1N1AC
10-13-2003, 09:19 AM
motion search precision has to do with how good the movie will look when there&#39;s a lot of stuff moving around in the picture, and whether the image will get all blocky and pixelated during scenes with lots of motion.

not sure exactly how good each setting is, but i wouldn&#39;t put it on the low settings unless i had a really slow computer that would take forever to encode on the high settings.