PDA

View Full Version : How Good Is Pest Patrol?

-=Cyrus=-
10-12-2003, 10:40 PM
My friend gave me a copy of pest patrol 4 and i was wonderin how good is it? or is there better?

MetroStars
10-12-2003, 10:44 PM
i wud higley recomend Pest Patrol, i luv it gr8 prog...

thatsomekid
10-13-2003, 02:45 AM
I have the free vesion for adware is it a lot better than that?

wormless
10-13-2003, 02:52 AM
PestPatrol 4.2
Downloads: 574,335
Publisher: PestPatrol
Date added: February 12, 2003
File size: 5.6MB; Clock this download
License: Free to try; $39.95 to buy
Minimum requirements: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP
Uninstaller included?: Yes
Limitations: Quarantine-, delete-disabled

Publisher's Description
PestPatrol is a powerful security and personal privacy tool that detects and eliminates destructive pests such as Trojans, spyware, adware, and hacker tools. It complements your antivirus and firewall software, extending your protection against malicious non-viral software that can evade your existing security and invade your personal privacy. PestPatrol defeats the threat by detecting and removing spyware and adware that uploads information about you, your computer, and your surfing habits; remote access Trojans (RATs) that allow an attacker to remotely control your computer.
It also defeats keystroke loggers that can steal passwords and other confidential data; denial-of-service attack agents that can crash or hang a program or your entire system; and probe tools that look for vulnerabilities on your system that a hacker can exploit. The latest version includes a separate spyware database for better, faster spyware detection; Intelligent Reporting that indicates threat levels of pests detected. The trial version requires contact information such as first name, last name and e-mail address.

CNET User Opinions
40% 60% (52 votes)

this is from download.com up to you