PDA

View Full Version : #BITMETV.INVITES CLOSED - Merry XMas, FST!!!'

Trustme
12-06-2009, 07:47 PM
they closed there invites, because someone posted here about invite channel.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-bittorrent-sites-open-signup-post3346398/postcount1213

:w00t::noes:

antrax34130
12-06-2009, 07:50 PM
bad idea

anon
12-06-2009, 07:52 PM
I don't get this. They're not the first tracker that closes IRC invites/signups supposedly because of FST. So they open but don't want people to know about this, or what? :huh:

You could say they don't want people to get accounts they'll then trade when BitMeTV closes, but there are two flaws on that theory:

assuming everyone from FST is a trader
if they're so good at detecting traders, it shouldn't be an issue

Trustme
12-06-2009, 07:55 PM
From there irc chan:

<......> closed?:((
<......> allready
<.......> :-<
<+.......20> lol I wondered when it would be on fst
<+.........20> I hate that site
<..........41> bitmetv invites fulll
<........./> :(
<+........ma> ahh ok i see... damn

IdolEyes787
12-06-2009, 07:56 PM
It's called an excuse ,you can either choose to believe it or not.
Seriously though I am privy to a lot of things and I can assure you if someone is a trader or scammer on FST he is undoubtedly on a bunch of other similar sites as well .

At least here people are either upfront about things ( which I respect) or they attempt to hide , ultimately are found out and get tossed.

<
<.......> :-<
<+.......20> lol I wondered when it would be on fst
<+.........20> I hate that site

Douchebag says what?

Swift
12-06-2009, 08:07 PM
fst is always a bad ideea :lol:

zonta
12-06-2009, 08:09 PM
I don't get this. They're not the first tracker that closes IRC invites/signups supposedly because of FST. So they open but don't want people to know about this, or what? :huh:

You could say they don't want people to get accounts they'll then trade when BitMeTV closes, but there are two flaws on that theory:

assuming everyone from FST is a trader
if they're so good at detecting traders, it shouldn't be an issue

agree

Rart
12-06-2009, 08:26 PM
I don't get it.

When you open invites like this, you're looking for new blood. You may have certain requirements, applications, etc. but in the end, you're trying to receive some new, active members that could contribute to the tracker.

If you want to limit site recruiting purely to user invites in order to stay low, so be it. But initiatives such as these are meant to be publicly shown in order to attract users that otherwise wouldn't be able to obtain invites through normal means, ie user invites. Where else would these things be posted, other than a filesharing oriented site such as FST? A blog? Another forum? Unless I'm sorely mistaken and there's some magical, secretive form of communication that's completely invisible to traders (or even if there is something remotely similar, it would have to be so "secretive" that most of the users there probably already know eachother, and are already on the site), this response just seems completely hypocritical. Anywhere that you could post this announcement to potentially allow multiple users who don't have a better method of obtaining the invite, will come at the risk of potentially inviting traders.

It isn't possible to avoid that.

sheriff 01
12-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Rart, i do hope that BMTV staff see your post because everything you have stated is valid and in no way can be refuted. It has
appeared to me for quite some time now that BMTV staff operate on a level that many of us just simply will never understand.

mievmo
12-06-2009, 11:11 PM
Why do people still chasing this site, then you have a lot of sites with lots of TV torrents.

nucks2424
12-07-2009, 12:40 AM
Yeah I have never bothered trying to get in. Getting tv torrents is easy. I guess if u want an obscure release, but tvtorrent site has nearly as many shows. A bit overhyped for me

r4gg
12-07-2009, 01:24 AM
hmm... i posted it.

i just wanted to share info and help fst users.
its open signup or not? er... half-open? ;P i dont get it.

have fun.

----------------------------------------------------

Yeah I have never bothered trying to get in. Getting tv torrents is easy. I guess if u want an obscure release, but tvtorrent site has nearly as many shows. A bit overhyped for me

exactly.. times changed.

we´re dependent of b.tv anymore.
lost of good tv around (plus 0day packs).

r4g

IdolDouche787
12-07-2009, 01:35 AM
How the fuck are they supposed to deal with 50 people joining the channel every minute?

FST ruins it for everyone, AGAIN....

Oh, and go fuck yourself IdolEyes. This site is the asshole of the internets...

And it wasn't open sign-ups you numpty...

Now ban me because I don't need an account at this POS meeting place for muppets.

puckface
12-07-2009, 01:37 AM
.ro is so much better anyway, and all of their HD content is freeleech.

IdolDouche787
12-07-2009, 01:45 AM
lol at anyone who kids themselves into thinking .ro has anything on BMTV.

waiting on bannage here....

puckface
12-07-2009, 01:47 AM
lol at anyone who kids themselves into thinking .ro has anything on BMTV.

waiting on bannage here....

Dude, its just personal preference, no need to get all up in arms about it.

Cabalo
12-07-2009, 01:53 AM
Done. Now fuck off back to the den.

mievmo
12-07-2009, 01:56 AM
lol.. nice one.

awaited
12-07-2009, 02:04 AM
How the fuck are they supposed to deal with 50 people joining the channel every minute?

Now ban me because I don't need an account at this POS meeting place for muppets.

making a dupe account for flaming is no different than the those "bad users".

Benjamin
12-07-2009, 02:11 AM
I think bitmetv should ban romania and they can all go to .ro, check this out.

http://i46.tinypic.com/mrxtap.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/16berye.jpg

Hombre
12-07-2009, 02:50 AM

bmtv has the worst staff on planet and is a tracker made of assholes like this one we see come post here. shiity tracker, i prefer freshontv 10x plus.

IdolEyes787
12-07-2009, 02:51 AM

What the fuck did I do I was sticking up for the place.I only said that the idiot on their irc badmouthing FST was an idiot .Kind of like this spineless person who can only name call hiding behind a dupe account.
I have never had any problem with any of the staff at BMTV ,on the contrary they have been exceedingly fair to me.

Guess I better check my account first though and see if I'm banned .I might need to rescind that statement.
Btw check what I wrote in the open for signup thread about the BMTV announcement if you want my views on the whole thing.

Btw imitation is the sincerest form of flattery..

b3owulf
12-07-2009, 06:06 AM
bmtv has the worst staff on planet and is a tracker made of assholes like this one we see come post here. shiity tracker, i prefer freshontv 10x plus.
Briiliant. Ofc you can flame BMTV staffers after they banned you :D It's so... retarded LOL

cRaZyzMaN
12-07-2009, 06:26 AM
guys its just a tracker, one more, you have plenty of tv series in another trackers, whats the big deal

The_Martinator
12-07-2009, 07:21 AM
Briiliant. Ofc you can flame BMTV staffers after they banned you :D It's so... retarded LOL

No it's not retarded. It's quite common, actually. If it's retarded, then a big majority of people here are too (hopefully that's not the case, lol).

Hombre is just a super cool guy, that's all.

PS: The hate towards FST from BMTV staff members has been well known (at least to me), so I don't really know what all the fuss is about. It wasn't likely to change anyway... IMHO

Dr.Horrible
12-07-2009, 07:27 AM
According to their IRC today. The decision to turn off the invite irc room had nothing to do with love or hate of FST. It was purely done because they went from a few an hour to 50 or so per minute flooding the room for invites and it was too many for them to handle soon after it was posted on FST.
I do find all the assumptions quite amusing though.

Bad-Day
12-07-2009, 11:05 AM

Why do you say that ?

I have talked to them severall times, and theyre really cool, perhaps, you have a bad rep, and they dont tolarate that. i dunno.

Give us examples, dont just say, theyre the worst staff.

Shitty tracker ? really ? Are you for real, or were you banned from there ?

soulreaper
12-07-2009, 12:31 PM
I don't get it.

When you open invites like this, you're looking for new blood. You may have certain requirements, applications, etc. but in the end, you're trying to receive some new, active members that could contribute to the tracker.

If you want to limit site recruiting purely to user invites in order to stay low, so be it. But initiatives such as these are meant to be publicly shown in order to attract users that otherwise wouldn't be able to obtain invites through normal means, ie user invites. Where else would these things be posted, other than a filesharing oriented site such as FST? A blog? Another forum? Unless I'm sorely mistaken and there's some magical, secretive form of communication that's completely invisible to traders (or even if there is something remotely similar, it would have to be so "secretive" that most of the users there probably already know eachother, and are already on the site), this response just seems completely hypocritical. Anywhere that you could post this announcement to potentially allow multiple users who don't have a better method of obtaining the invite, will come at the risk of potentially inviting traders.

It isn't possible to avoid that.

Well said. It's a known fact that the BMTV staff have something against FST because FST allows trading and giveaways. Maybe that's why they closed their invite channel when they found out that this info was published in FST. It's a shame because there are a lot of good members here with some bad ones, but that's their job of filtering out the bad apples. If they don't want to,well tough shit coz we didn't ask them to open up now did we?

apextwin146
12-07-2009, 01:11 PM

Why do you say that ?

I have talked to them severall times, and theyre really cool, perhaps, you have a bad rep, and they dont tolarate that. i dunno.

Example Number 1:
Last year around New year .. Freeleech .. I was on a gbit box uploading like crzy .. Get a message to contact staff at IRC .. They indirectly accuse of cheating without any proofs ... They said something like we are unsure as to how your ratio is building .. This after i had already mentioned on my profile that i am using a seedbox and given the seedbox address ..
Nothing happened eventually but you cant just go and pick on any user you like ..

Example Number 2:
Everyone knows about their forums .. I got infracted for bumping my query .. there was a unwritten rule that you can only bump once in 48 hrs or so .. The tone of the staff is so patronizing that for a moment you think that to be part of this tracker you have to let go of your self respect entirely ..

BMTV topic has been discussed to death here before anyways .

rocknrule
12-07-2009, 01:16 PM
TvTorrents.com is a lot better than bitmetv. I couldn't catch up with the damn seedboxes. It's not share anymore, but just collection. I've not used it for 2 years.

IdolEyes787
12-07-2009, 01:56 PM
Example Number 1:
Last year around New year .. Freeleech .. I was on a gbit box uploading like crzy .. Get a message to contact staff at IRC .. They indirectly accuse of cheating without any proofs ... They said something like we are unsure as to how your ratio is building .. This after i had already mentioned on my profile that i am using a seedbox and given the seedbox address ..
Nothing happened eventually but you cant just go and pick on any user you like ..

Example Number 2:
Everyone knows about their forums .. I got infracted for bumping my query .. there was a unwritten rule that you can only bump once in 48 hrs or so .. The tone of the staff is so patronizing that for a moment you think that to be part of this tracker you have to let go of your self respect entirely ..

Example 1 - Someone saw usual activity and asked for an explanation ,hardly unreasonable and shows that the staff is extremely attentive.

Example 2 - You got an infraction which was again explained adequately if not to your satisfaction.C'est la vie.

And yes I agree that for the average person TVT is a much better option but unfortunately you can't find Dempsey and Makepeace or Kolchak: The Night Stalker on it.

rocknrule
12-07-2009, 02:20 PM
are you looking for this?;)

http://www.tvtorrents.com/loggedin/search.do?search=Dempsey

apextwin146
12-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Example Number 1:

Example Number 2:

Example 1 - Someone saw usual activity and asked for an explanation ,hardly unreasonable and shows that the staff is extremely attentive.

Example 2 - You got an infraction which was again explained adequately if not to your satisfaction.C'est la vie.

And yes I agree that for the average person TVT is a much better option but unfortunately you can't find Dempsey and Makepeace or Kolchak: The Night Stalker on it.

Example 1 : I thik you meant unusual activity .. Though what do they expect in a freeleech? That i should limit down on my seeding during a Freeleech given by a tracker where its impossible to seed on a normal day? I dont think so it was unsual .. Also otherwise its about the tone that you recieve the messages/communication happens ..

Example 2 - they had to obviously explain a unwritten rule :mellow: .. I mean i waited like more than 36 hrs or more for a reply .. I can understand they are busy but neither did i go about spamming the board asking for help ..

I am talking from a normal users perspective .. I doubt you are doing the same ..

Raban
12-07-2009, 05:11 PM
i liked what they did last year... they had december amnesty for everyone you invited... so even if they turned out to be bad members you wouldnt get punished...

i know i blew through all my invites giving them out to random internet friends...

in the end though they've all been disabled for either low ratios or lack of activity .... i'm the only one who remains on the site oh well

rocknrule
12-07-2009, 05:16 PM
i know it's a good site, especially contents wise. but i just hate the ratio thing.

IdolEyes787
12-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Example 1 : I thik you meant unusual activity .. Though what do they expect in a freeleech? That i should limit down on my seeding during a Freeleech given by a tracker where its impossible to seed on a normal day? I dont think so it was unsual .. Also otherwise its about the tone that you recieve the messages/communication happens ..

Example 2 - they had to obviously explain a unwritten rule :mellow: .. I mean i waited like more than 36 hrs or more for a reply .. I can understand they are busy but neither did i go about spamming the board asking for help ..

I am talking from a normal users perspective .. I doubt you are doing the same ..

Fair enough but I assure you that as users go, except for the unfortunate cattle prod incident , I'm about as normal as anybody.

r4gg
12-07-2009, 06:50 PM
According to their IRC today. The decision to turn off the invite irc room had nothing to do with love or hate of FST. It was purely done because they went from a few an hour to 50 or so per minute flooding the room for invites and it was too many for them to handle soon after it was posted on FST.
I do find all the assumptions quite amusing though.

word spread fast :)

congrats for all the people that get on.

stay tuned for more xmas open sign ups/gifts :)

have fun!

rg!

Bad-Day
12-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Why do you say that ?

Example Number 1:

Example Number 2:

WoW

I dont even have a statement on my profile saying, that im using a seedbox :D lol

And i had some impressive sats after a couple off days... invited more than 10 guys in the last 2 months, all great users, oh! and i know Q and some other guys, that might help me,,,,

Sad to hear that, besides the ratio, being a bitch, and no effort from them, to help non seedbox users, the site is great. and they were always very helpfull to me.

Heroo
12-07-2009, 08:41 PM
any way i dont love bitmetv and i dont try to enter invite channel

this tracker have fu*king stupid snobby staff :)

and we have now a lot of tvt trackers

pentomato
12-07-2009, 08:45 PM

What the fuck did I do I was sticking up for the place.I only said that the idiot on their irc badmouthing FST was an idiot .Kind of like this spineless person who can only name call hiding behind a dupe account.
I have never had any problem with any of the staff at BMTV ,on the contrary they have been exceedingly fair to me.

Guess I better check my account first though and see if I'm banned .I might need to rescind that statement.
Btw check what I wrote in the open for signup thread about the BMTV announcement if you want my views on the whole thing.

Btw imitation is the sincerest form of flattery..

You didn't do nothing, that guy is an idiot anyway.

apextwin146
12-08-2009, 05:12 AM
Example Number 1:

Example Number 2:

WoW

I dont even have a statement on my profile saying, that im using a seedbox :D lol

And i had some impressive sats after a couple off days... invited more than 10 guys in the last 2 months, all great users, oh! and i know Q and some other guys, that might help me,,,,

Sad to hear that, besides the ratio, being a bitch, and no effort from them, to help non seedbox users, the site is great. and they were always very helpfull to me.
Earlier it was good practise to keep the seedbox information on your profile page so that staff can check the IPs etc .. But obs these kinda good gestures dont hold any importance now .. Only if it wrnt a gold mine of TV content :dry: ..

Slickerey
12-09-2009, 03:31 AM
They're looking for new blood. This is obviously stupid. Just because somebody from FST shared the info with everybody else doesn't mean that they have to close their invites channel. This is the whole point of recruiting, no? Isn't it to find members that one would consider useful to the site?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

gzumpf
12-09-2009, 06:01 AM

I agree with Rart. I have always been a good member of any tracker i've been apart of. I always follow the rules, never trade invites, couch friends that I do invite, and try to stay active on forums. I'm not hear to cheat, I'm hear to meet new people and learn. Not everyones a cheater.

Slickerey
12-10-2009, 12:05 AM
You spelled here wrong. ;)

pone44
12-10-2009, 12:44 AM
IRC interviews are probably the best way to open registrations if that worried about dupes,trading, whatever else. The same people read the same blogs, if it can be googled,found in a open signup checker then someone will find out and most likely post it here or on other forums.

Hombre
12-10-2009, 12:53 AM
Briiliant. Ofc you can flame BMTV staffers after they banned you. It's so... retarded LOL nobody banned me. I joined the tracker a month ago and it has nothing i can't find at other places. and forums are ridiculous, every1 is afraid to post. i dont like that place at all, and i say with justice freshontv owns them.

pone44
12-10-2009, 01:01 AM
Maybe RS or MU but freshontv? If thats tvt.ro then it does not own it content wise by far...
What couldn't you find there that you found on freshontv?

Briiliant. Ofc you can flame BMTV staffers after they banned you. It's so... retarded LOL nobody banned me. I joined the tracker a month ago and it has nothing i can't find at other places. and forums are ridiculous, every1 is afraid to post. i dont like that place at all, and i say with justice freshontv owns them.

Hombre
12-10-2009, 01:03 AM
zamunda owned it too, even isohunt is better ! that tracker disgusts me.

pone44
12-10-2009, 01:09 AM
To each his own I guess. But what could you not find there Hombre that is on freshontv? Or did you say that just cause you hate them?

zamunda owned it too, even isohunt is better ! that tracker disgusts me.

Really? Not one for public tracks. What happened to zamunda?

Hombre
12-10-2009, 02:55 PM
i'd rather that than talk with tequilavip. why so much hype abt it ? yes i like to swim naked and i put i'd like to suck my own cock as a joke, never thought some1 would check my profile.

TrollinThunder
12-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Merry Christmas!

pone44
12-11-2009, 01:45 AM
Huh? :huh: Who did what?

why so much hype abt it ? yes i like to swim naked and i put i'd like to suck my own cock as a joke, never thought some1 would check my profile.