PDA

View Full Version : Torrent leech Ratio.....

Tv Controls you
12-11-2009, 05:15 AM
Anyone else a new member there lol?

Is it me or is it impossible to get your ratio up lol. I have a 1 gb seed box and I can't get past 1gb uploaded.

TL makes you wait 48 hours for all new torrents lol, which is like one of the only ways to get your ratio up......

There system is so dumb that I can see how it actually promotes people to leech, because its so impossible to establish yourself on there.
How can a scene tracker do that to new members.....

I mean I'll continue being a good member and seeding the 1 file I managed to download lol, but it might take a year for me to get past the wait time lift.

I joined scc two weeks after i got my TL account and have 10x the ratio i have on TL.....

Cabalo
12-11-2009, 05:32 AM
weird. It was piece of cake to lift the wait time once I joined TL some years ago. And I had a shitty connection.
Go for the popular PC games and HD movies, specially during the weekend. There are way more leechers during the weekend, as not everyone checks torrent sites daily.

Adam1990
12-11-2009, 05:41 AM
Download a piece of one of the Seinfeld packs. Done.

nucks2424
12-11-2009, 06:08 AM
downloaded wrong torrent to start and was not going to work to use a tracker thats no different then a dozen others. If u do like the others say you will eventually get to 1:1. Its a scam to get people who think the site is the holy grail to donate. I am sure it works on a lot of people. Revtt uses it too.

TrollinThunder
12-11-2009, 06:16 AM
Just donate!

Chief_Garbonzo
12-11-2009, 07:00 AM
OP, I use 5 trackers on a daily basis. Out of those 5 the easiest to seedback on is TL. Without a doubt, 100%. The wait times are an excellent rule to enforce. OP, I bet I really have you wondering now, don't I, eh?? :stuart: The whole reason of the wait-times is to make the user understand how the site/tracker works. It forces you to read the FAQ to figure out why they are there in the first place. It makes you put effort into your time there to get rid of the wait-times. One of the trackers im on, new users can't even download anything for 48hrs. That one is rough, but like I mentioned earlier, it forces the user to explore the site, read in the forums about tips, advice, rules, etc. Anyhow, consider the wait times on TL kind of like TL training wheels. Once you meet the requirements for no wait times you can leech & seed without the training wheels!!! LOL, I know, that was a pretty corny & horrible comparison. :clown:

Anything i've downloaded on TL in the past, whether its 5 days old, or a few months, I was always able to seed back to a 1:1 or damn near. There are so many users on TL that there is a very good chance that someone is going to want what you have already leeched and are seeding. I'm sure after time you will totally find it easy to seed anything back. So don't lose hope yet. :zorro:

iLOVENZB
12-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Cross seed, download something off a tracker you have a good ratio on and just seed it on TL.

TL's pre times arent that great so you have time to leech off a tracker and seed on TL :).

BTW, In my experience leech Heroes, Dexter as soon as theyre posted.

susiserken
12-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Cross seeding and partial seeding is the easiest way on TL, and ofcourse some packs. If you do get problems contact staff they usually give you a day or 2 extra if your near the0.4 ratio theyre nice like that :P

Tv Controls you
12-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Lol everything I try to cross seed never seems to be the same size file.

Im going to try modernwarfare 2 I think it will work.

cinephilia
12-11-2009, 12:02 PM
you just have to check the release name, the filesize and the amount of files.

Di@monds
12-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Cross seeding and partial seeding is the easiest way on TL, and ofcourse some packs. If you do get problems contact staff they usually give you a day or 2 extra if your near the0.4 ratio theyre nice like that :P

no matter what you do, you will have to w8 for 48h.
try to dl some popular pc game on other tracker and seed in tl after 48h

cinephilia
12-11-2009, 12:20 PM
true but at least, your download stats won't be affected.

Tv Controls you
12-11-2009, 01:11 PM

Doing it right now. downloading modern warfare 2.

n00bz0r
12-11-2009, 01:26 PM
cross seed popular scene releases..
observe the trend of snatches on old torrents.. and cross seed em.. its rly not that difficult.

iLOVENZB
12-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Lol everything I try to cross seed never seems to be the same size file.

Im going to try modernwarfare 2 I think it will work.

Thats because some racers race and dont hash check. Reason why RAR FIX's are keep getting posted.

IdolEyes787
12-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Is it me or is it impossible to get your ratio up lol. I have a 1 gb seed box and I can't get past 1gb uploaded.

Seeing that except for uploaders there is no possible reason to have a Gb seedbox except to buffer accounts at the expense of people with poorer connections,this is
a. irony
b. Luke 6:27-37
c. calling the kettle black
d hypocrisy
e. all of the above

Btw don't listen to that partial -seeding cross -seeding horseshit; by doing that you are fucking things even more for anyone else.

File-sharing good joke.

susiserken
12-11-2009, 03:05 PM

You can still seed when you have wait times, but it wont count before after 48 hours so ive been told anywyas :O

Tv Controls you
12-12-2009, 12:46 AM

Seeing that except for uploaders there is no possible reason to have a Gb seedbox except to buffer accounts at the expense of people with poorer connections,this is
a. irony
d hypocrisy
e. all of the above

Btw don't listen to that partial -seeding cross -seeding horseshit; by doing that you are fucking things even more for anyone else.

File-sharing good joke.

How am i a hypocrite for using a seedbox?

You're so quick it call someone a hypocrite but don't explain why.

The utter stupidity of downloading something that you've already downloaded someplace else .
Can't say that I never do it but also can't say that I don't feel like a complete asshole when doing it.
-IdolEyes787

You're the hypocrite you do it yourself but preach out against it. Think twice before you make an accusation about me.
Also you want some irony.... Your custom title

And for making things worst for Torrentleech? lol they did it to themselves.

IdolEyes787
12-12-2009, 01:26 AM
Point out exactly were I said that you were a hypocrite for using a seedbox or a hypocrite at all for that matter.I merely offered a few possible different explanations and left it to everyone to come to their own conclusions.
If I were to call you a hypocrite however it might be because you are complaining about not being able to make ratio and at the same time itching to get in there with a Gb box and no doubt overseed to your hearts content.

Btw it would make more sense calling me a names if you didn't use a quote with me admitting to them myself.

And TL might have done it to themselves but if you have any sense of propriety that doesn't give you free rein to make things worse .

As for my title you aren't the quickest are you?

Tv Controls you
12-12-2009, 01:33 AM
Point out exactly were I said that you were a hypocrite for using a seedbox or a hypocrite at all for that matter.I merely offered a few possible different explanations and left it to everyone to come to their own conclusions.
If I were to call you a hypocrite however it might be because you are complaining about not being able to make ratio and at the same time itching to get in there with a Gb box and no doubt overseed to your hearts content.

Btw it would make more sense calling me a names if you didn't use a quote with me admitting to them myself.

And TL might have done it to themselves but if you have any sense of propriety that doesn't give you free rein to make things worse .

I never claimed to be the quickest nor do I want to be known as the "quickest".

You're now denying your own statement? You admitted to cross seeding, where as in this thread you referred to cross seeding as "horseshit". Your the hypocrite for contradicting your own feelings you displayed, and that's the conclusion.
You admitted it to them..... ok...... your still a hypocrite, that changes nothing but I'm glad you realize it for yourself.

Also why don't you cut the "horseshit" and realize that I'm "quick" enough to pick up that you were implying that list to me.

Rart
12-12-2009, 01:43 AM
As of right now, with wait times, keeping a good ratio will be hell (for a home user). Although if you really have a 1gbps seedbox, you're doing it wrong.

I would tend to disagree on that point. I think at the moment, until you have enough of a buffer to download some older files to continue seeding, partial seeding is the best way to go. TV shows die out to quickly - at 48h wait times it will be useless to download them and attempt to seed them. At first, I would recommend finding a pack. Those are occasionally downloaded from time to time, and easy to partially seed. Download a small bit of the pack (definitely not the whole thing) and wait until you have enough of a buffer to download a couple TV seasons you might like, it doesn't really matter which. After that, it's smooth sailing. With a couple seasons seeding, and perhaps whatever else you download on a regular basis, it's incredibly easy to max a home connection. TL has enough leechers that even with only old season packs, its incredibly easy to get a constant stream of upload.

After you've gotten past the wait times seeding at TL, seeding is a complete breeze, I have never had to think twice before downloading something. If one can't maintain a ratio after the initial hump, then private trackers really aren't for that user.

The wait times are the only thing I dislike about TL, it makes ratio a living hell for new users. The only things past wait times that have a decent stream of leechers will instantly make you hit ratio watch, and small files such as TV shows have a complete lack of leechers once 48 hours are up. It's almost if they want to weed out the users unfamiliar to torrent sites (which are a lot for a site like TL) and force them to donate in order to survive their inevitable failure. I made the same mistake by downloading a 12 GB season pack my first day (TL was my first real private tracker) and instantly getting a ratio warning. Luckily I managed to barely seed it to a .4 ratio right before I was banned, but you might not want to risk it ;).

iLOVENZB
12-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Exactly Rart, you need a buffer so you can leech without the risk of having a poor ratio.

cinephilia
12-12-2009, 02:46 PM

a. irony
d hypocrisy
e. all of the above

File-sharing good joke.
ahah, very well-put Idoleyes :happy:

I would tend to disagree on that point. I think at the moment, until you have enough of a buffer to download some older files to continue seeding, partial seeding is the best way to go.
i'd tend to agree with Idoleyes on this one. you should never have to download files you're not interested in just to be able to maintain a ratio (it doesn't mean i never did it though).

IdolEyes787
12-12-2009, 02:47 PM

I never claimed to be the quickest nor do I want to be known as the "quickest".

You're now denying your own statement? You admitted to cross seeding, where as in this thread you referred to cross seeding as "horseshit". Your the hypocrite for contradicting your own feelings you displayed, and that's the conclusion.
You admitted it to them..... ok...... your still a hypocrite, that changes nothing but I'm glad you realize it for yourself.

Also why don't you cut the "horseshit" and realize that I'm "quick" enough to pick up that you were implying that list to me.

I don't want to argue beyond saying that I haven't denied anything.
Anyway it's the holidays so I apologize for the Nativity negativity You are aces and I am less than a fecal stain under the slug guts crushed beneath your feet .
Group hug .:unsure:

cinephilia
12-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Your the hypocrite
please tell us something we don't already know :coffee:

Rart
12-12-2009, 02:54 PM
a. irony
d hypocrisy
e. all of the above

File-sharing good joke.
ahah, very well-put Idoleyes :happy:

I would tend to disagree on that point. I think at the moment, until you have enough of a buffer to download some older files to continue seeding, partial seeding is the best way to go.
i'd tend to agree with Idoleyes on this one. you should never have to download files you're not interested in just to be able to maintain a ratio (it doesn't mean i never did it though).

I have never had to think twice about downloading anything I wanted.

The partial seeding is only necessary to get over that pain in the ass ratio wait times that exist-only-to-get-newbs-who-arent-used-to-ratio-sites to donate.

After that I'd have to say that the only site easier to seed at than TL would be Demonoid.

Rilly
12-12-2009, 05:31 PM
TL isn't that difficult compared to most sites.,

To get out of the 48 hour wait time, sort the torrents by number of seeds, and jump to the ones that have 0 seeders, but some leechers - keep scrolling through those until you find something you have (or can get).. I have usenet access, so it was a little easier probably for me, but I climbed out of that wait period without a seedbox, and a crappy 60 KB/s upload speed. (though.. now with a seedbox its much easier)..
Once you've upped the 7 GB value, you won't have issues anymore.

Tv Controls you
12-12-2009, 05:59 PM
I don't want to argue beyond saying that I haven't denied anything.
Anyway it's the holidays so I apologize for the Nativity negativity You are aces and I am less than a fecal stain under the slug guts crushed beneath your feet .
Group hug .:unsure:

Its alright Idol I'm sorry for calling you names, I just don't like being called a hypocrite :yup:

Which in a sense makes me a hypocrite for calling you a hypocrite :argue:

Anyway back on subject I can't get my file to cross seed on my torrent server i believe it uses torrentflux
I might just try and seed from my home torrent machine, and see where I can get.

bakeLit
12-12-2009, 06:05 PM
It's kinda easy, man. All you have to seed is PC Games and HD Movies, those are being downloaded for a really long time, so you'll still be able to seed it. Best thing what you can do is download the release somewhere else (RapidShare, another tracker, etc.) and it must be the original form of release (nfo, rar, r00, sfv). Then you can just add to seeding and you won't download a byte, but you'll be seeding!

nucks2424
12-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Why jump through hoops to get ratio up in the first place. I used my tl account for a week, saw the slow pretimes and same material at torrentvault or SCC and said forget it.