PDA

View Full Version : hd-bits.ro - banned for unauthorized IP?

rahzel54
12-12-2009, 10:38 PM
I've been a member at hd-bits.ro for years with nearly 300GB of upload and over 200GB of download (24.07GB of traffic / month) with no hit and runs and not a single warning. One day I go to the site and I get this message:
Forbidden
Unauthorized IP address.
Reason for banning:

WTF?! I can't even access the site to contact an admin/sys-op. Their IRC channel has absolutely no one in it. I'm well aware of all the rules, and -- at least to my knowledge -- didn't break any of them. And again, I haven't received any warnings or anything. What does this message even mean?

Please help.

anon
12-12-2009, 10:41 PM
It is possible that a bad user on the same IP range as you has been disabled, and they also banned all of it, with the side-effect of leaving you unable to access the tracker.

Their IRC channel has absolutely no one in it.

Are you joining the right channel?

irc.p2p-network.net:6667
#hd-bits.ro-help

rahzel54
12-12-2009, 10:44 PM
I'm very much an IRC noob. I just used the java IRC site here: http://java.freenode.net/.

xuxoxux
12-12-2009, 10:51 PM
It is possible that a bad user on the same IP range as you has been disabled, and they also banned all of it, with the side-effect of leaving you unable to access the tracker.

They will ban an IP range as well as just IPs? Seems incredibly odd.

rahzel54
12-12-2009, 10:56 PM
I downloaded an IRC app and there are indeed people there. I'm chatting with one now.

Thanks!

anon
12-12-2009, 10:57 PM

Didn't say they do, I just thought that may be the cause.

xuxoxux
12-13-2009, 04:56 AM

Didn't say they do, I just thought that may be the cause.

Ahhhh. I only asked because it seems banning a range of IPs would be completely idiotic. (Minus the deal with Israeli ISPs and such situations.)

sigma
12-13-2009, 01:25 PM
just tell me your username, I was sysop there. If you didn't do anything wrong I'll solve your problem.

anon
12-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Ahhhh. I only asked because it seems banning a range of IPs would be completely idiotic.

Then The* trackers have an idiotic ban policy :dry: