PDA

View Full Version : banned for no reason (hdbits.org)

hyenZ
12-13-2009, 03:32 AM
Heya all,

I've just been wondering, if you ever experienced such an unfair thing - being accused for supposedly using a 'modified client' or whatsover. Morover, can it be caused by an uTorrent update? (1.8.0 -> 1.8.5) Talking on IRC to their staff supporters was pointless, cause they're not willing to accept the possibility of a mistake. Hence why I'm asking You to suggest what would be the best to do? (what proofs should I provide) Besides, even if they refuse to unban me, I cannot belive they're unable to tell the details on why that happened (at least tell the IP logs so that I could rule out the 'leaked/hacked account' thingie)

regards

Cabalo
12-13-2009, 03:46 AM
long time no see such threads. :smoke:

Tv Controls you
12-13-2009, 04:01 AM
I'm in the same situation. I feel your pain.

But if a tracker is doing that to you.... I wouldn't go back.
Your a legitimate member and deserve better than that. Thats just my personal opinion.

If they can't accept the truth, i would personally just leave. I did it with a certain tracker a while ago.

xuxoxux
12-13-2009, 04:53 AM
long time no see such threads. :smoke:

I was thinking same thing. It was bound to happen though..... :wacko:

And I agree with above post. If you were a legit member, and were treated badly for no real reason, then why go back? (Given that what you said was the whole truth.)

hyenZ
12-13-2009, 05:37 AM
Not that I'm desperately trying to get it back, it's more like standing up for what I believe. Wasn't even "on top of my favorite/mostly used trackers list", far away from that. But yet, undoubtedly the best HD tracker around. What surprises me the most is that it's well-known for it's "awesome" anti-cheat scripts, and all I ask is a little piece of information. (IP logins from my account and a date/time the violation has been triggered + to clarify sth). Since I'm not very familiar with cheating/ratio faking, just wanna get a better insight into my issue. Was still seeding a torrent (for more than 4 months lol) when I noticed I'm unable to login - http://i49.tinypic.com/4jntrr.jpg , also, usually I'd leech a few movies in 3 months period or so, had a decent ratio 2+ (member for over 1.5 years) and ofcourse zero intention/need of cheating. The moment I had noticed that I was unable to login, the torrent was still seeding, which is a bit odd (it stopped right after I talked to a supporter). His arrogance and refusal to double-check, take a closer look into my case is what bothers me the most. Ah well, it would prolly be the best right now to accept ur advice and simply get over it :S

cheers

cinephilia
12-13-2009, 05:42 AM
Hence why I'm asking You to suggest what would be the best to do?.
repeat after me: my brother cheated on my account when i was at school :yup:

hyenZ
12-13-2009, 05:55 AM

riiiight ^^ *sarcasm ignored* -no brothers/sisters unless they're wearing the cloak of invisibility d'oh :X

Magnum
12-13-2009, 07:32 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

OlegL
12-13-2009, 08:32 AM
Since hdbits staffers are not really fair people, I doubt they will re-enable your account even if you didn't cheat. :) So, yes, just move on.

awaited
12-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Not that I'm desperately trying to get it back, it's more like standing up for what I believe. Wasn't even "on top of my favorite/mostly used trackers list", far away from that. But yet, undoubtedly the best HD tracker around. What surprises me the most is that it's well-known for it's "awesome" anti-cheat scripts, and all I ask is a little piece of information. (IP logins from my account and a date/time the violation has been triggered + to clarify sth). Since I'm not very familiar with cheating/ratio faking, just wanna get a better insight into my issue. Was still seeding a torrent (for more than 4 months lol) when I noticed I'm unable to login - http://i49.tinypic.com/4jntrr.jpg , also, usually I'd leech a few movies in 3 months period or so, had a decent ratio 2+ (member for over 1.5 years) and ofcourse zero intention/need of cheating. The moment I had noticed that I was unable to login, the torrent was still seeding, which is a bit odd (it stopped right after I talked to a supporter). His arrogance and refusal to double-check, take a closer look into my case is what bothers me the most. Ah well, it would prolly be the best right now to accept ur advice and simply get over it :S

cheers

what are you expecting now by making this thread at FST? honestly

IdolEyes787
12-13-2009, 02:40 PM
People need to vent sometimes even if they know it's pointless.

anon
12-13-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm not very familiar with cheating/ratio faking

I am, and have been told HDBits' scripts are very aggresive and have banned non-cheaters in the past, just like in your case. Never had to deal with their staff myself, so I can't help you with this - but wait a few days, then go back to their support channel and ask if there's someone willing to actually listen to you.

If it's not the case, move along - it's their staff that can reenable accounts, and if they don't want to do it with yours, you can see where logic is taking us. Sad but true. Remember that even if HDBits is supposed to be the best HD tracker, they aren't the only one. I have heard a lot of good things about HD-Bits.ro. Too bad for their monthly traffic requirement.

Ewwwyourface
12-13-2009, 11:26 PM
all the hdbits staff are nerds they work on their anti cheat script all day so stop cheating and learn how to torrent lol

kukushka
12-14-2009, 06:55 PM
there's no such thing as utor 1.8.0 to my knowledge and i believe that firon@hdbits = firon@utorrent . com so hdbits staff should be aware of utorrent behavior in details. as for policy of not discussing details or not double checking anything - they're not the only ones in bt world with this practices

anon
12-14-2009, 07:01 PM
there's no such thing as utor 1.8.0 to my knowledge

I'm sure he meant uTorrent 1.8.

i believe that firon@hdbits = firon@utorrent . com so hdbits staff should be aware of utorrent behavior in details.

Yes, it's the same person.

Furball67
12-16-2009, 08:09 AM
I haven't ever been banned from a torrent site, but I go by the basic rule of thumb that if they banned you for something you didn't do, they probably missed 3 things you did do. :) Move on.

ringoismynamo
12-16-2009, 08:46 AM
I'm fairly sure BitmeTV practice random bans :stars::P

Rudde
12-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Becuse HDbits sux ^^