PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard anything good about rapidpeer.com

transam07
12-16-2009, 12:39 AM
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything good about rapidpeer.com there plans seem good, even the dedi seems to be at a good price, any info would be appreciated thx :)

HiDDENSKiLL
12-16-2009, 02:02 AM
Seems too good to be true...

xuxoxux
12-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything good about rapidpeer.com there plans seem good, even the dedi seems to be at a good price, any info would be appreciated thx :)

They have a dedicated servers....and they tell you that there are limits on them..... WTF.

Their "private" servers are the dedicated ones, and seem on par, given this is legit.

seedhost-net
12-17-2009, 09:39 PM
i actually had a weird talk to them,
for some reason they want 49$ just for uTorrent installation on their Diamond Pack, to me this means they are overselling, because on ruTorrent you don't have REAL access to the server and can be chrooted easilly, while on uTorrent it is open.

seanb
01-24-2010, 03:31 PM
Found this thread on google.

I know 2 (two) people who have used this service. Both got "banned" when they complained that the speeds were NOWHERE near what was advertised.

Yup, that's right. They complained that they weren't getting what they paid for, and were banned for it. Fortunately both had paid via pay pal and got their money back.

Now that's customer service.

Morpheus
01-24-2010, 07:18 PM
I've heard nothing but bad things about them actually.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-seedbox-discussion-154/t-rapidpeer-dead-388255

bigdyl69
01-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Be careful, their support won't reply to me now since my server hasnt worked for nearly 2 weeks and I dont think I'm the only one having trouble with them

DexteR
02-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Be careful, their support won't reply to me now since my server hasnt worked for nearly 2 weeks and I dont think I'm the only one having trouble with them
Ihave same problem too
my server doesnot work since 1 week and nobody reply my ticket untill now
WTF :frusty:

sheela
02-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Well.. Their prices are too good to be true :) And also, i live in sweden and therefore a seedbox located in sweden would be perfect. They are the only one's offering it, and therefore i've been trying to get a hold of them, without any luck.

Kysar
02-07-2010, 03:16 AM
I went though them once, AWFUL. Never responded to emails, got mabye 1/10th of the speed they advertised....DONT BUY THROUGH THEM.

mangmel
02-07-2010, 03:29 AM
first time to hear that..

ertemmstein
02-08-2010, 07:44 PM
if you open dispute on paypal,they ll ban you without refund.
LoL

Alexxx^_^
02-13-2010, 01:26 PM
well....i have the bronze package and works GOOD !
speed up to 7mb/s up and down.

trulis
02-16-2010, 01:33 AM
Very happy, 4/5*

shonky
04-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Pathetic. Got one a few weeks ago and nothing but trouble. No support at all. Tickets closed automatically and emails ignored. Waste of time effort and money. Now working thru the dispute with paypal.

bilbobaggins
05-12-2010, 07:29 AM
even though they say immediate activation... it does not seem so..
i have bought one plan and not activated.. i m stiill waiting..
and if i dont get my money back.. then i would say i am f**king ripped off..

DONT BUY FROM THEM

Untouchable
06-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Rapidpeer is weird. They are cheap but there support is like crap.

CevapsizSorular
10-01-2010, 12:52 AM
Any news about their Gbps port? Anyone used it? Could review?

heiska
10-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Any news about their Gbps port? Anyone used it? Could review?

It's OVH. 1 Gbps internal (OVH -> OVH) and 200 Mbps external (OVH -> Internet) bandwidth IFINK.

CevapsizSorular
10-01-2010, 12:44 PM
How about speeds? It is foggy, vavy, not stable? Or it is stable around 30-35 mb/s upload speed?

Thelen
10-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Well lets see, given the server maxes out at about 20MB/s external, somehow I doubt a share will get that much alone :P

Plus, they say there is only 2 users on their shared plan, which is just so totally obviously rubbish. Even assuming they aren't making any profit, the 60GB bronze slot is going to be at least 4 users, if not actually 16. Not even to mention Gbit (since when you can even get Gbit with even 500GB of traffic and 60GB space VPS for $15).

Anyway, try them if you like, there just is no way they can be good at those claimed users per server.

CevapsizSorular
10-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Get AWAY from them!

seeder22
10-07-2010, 06:09 AM
Ive always been happy with my 3 seedboxes with rapidpeer. I have a dedicated 100mbit and a 2x gold shared gigabit. I'll prob just get 2 100mbit dedicatedes next month as those seem to be my fastest for upstream.

but they are FAST upstream, i always see 12MB/sec download and upload is def that of a dedicated box (on my 100mbit that is). Ive used support once or twice and it was a really fast reply, but my issue was also simple.

it seems like people on here either love or hate rapidpeer.

telecore
12-20-2010, 01:50 PM
RapidPeer.com is a scam.

I have my own server to seed all my important stuff (some torrents seeded there for over two years).

What I needed was a shared box to serve as a proxy for ratio killers (old torrents with 1-3 seeders that take a week to download) and overseeded freebies. All of them with no chance to seed back within a reasonable time, but this was not important because I can always keep ratio with my other server.

So the idea was: download, make a new torrent, upload, seed the new one till two-three peers grab it and then remove. No special requirements for speed (2-3 MB/sec upload is more than enough in most cases), the downloading as I said might take days and even weeks.

So I signed with rapidpeer.com for their 'Gold' plan:
Bandwidth: Unlimited
Disk Space: 135 GB
Max Total Users: 3
Line Speed: 100 mbit Full Duplex
Active Torrents: Unlimited
Price: $25 USD

The problems started immediately after signing in. The first torrent stopped at 3 GB and refused to download further. Eight hours later after several messages from my side the problem was 'solved' - the guy gave me a new server.

Six days later the server is down for 16 hours. No explanations given.

A day later the account is suspended for overquota. What? Space used: 131 GB. The offer says 135 GB, the guy assured me I have 140 GB. Some more support tickets are left unanswered, 28 hours later the service is restored. No explanations, no excuses.

Nine quiet days and... the speeds of the box are restricted to 1.0 MB up and 750 MB down.
The support tickets from 17.12.2010 and 18.12.2010 are still not answered. The speeds are further reduced to 1.0 MB up and 500 kB down.

So, the bottom line is: Such A Bloody Experience, Never Again

Thelen
12-21-2010, 01:48 AM
A day later the account is suspended for overquota. What? Space used: 131 GB. The offer says 135 GB, the guy assured me I have 140 GB. Some more support tickets are left unanswered, 28 hours later the service is restored. No explanations, no excuses.

In their defence, rtorrent is very buggy so torrents you have remove + deleted data the data might still be there due to it not being removed by rtorrent properly. I'd make sure that was the case before complaining too much, though I haven't seen what you are referring to quota wise, so can't really say for sure.

telecore
12-21-2010, 08:38 AM

In their defence, rtorrent is very buggy so torrents you have remove + deleted data the data might still be there due to it not being removed by rtorrent properly. I'd make sure that was the case before complaining too much, though I haven't seen what you are referring to quota wise, so can't really say for sure.

I know about this and ALWAYS delete files via FTP and always check that the files are actually deleted.
As for the quota: The file manager at the box was reporting used space 103 GB, all torrents complete. I added a torrent 28.5 GB. 30 seconds before completion of the torrent, the account was suspended. After they enabled it again, the file manager showed 131 GB usage, all torrents complete.

Thelen
12-22-2010, 02:10 AM
Sigh, it is so close to the quota and they probably gave you 135GB whereas you think they gave 135GiB, hence why you got suspended at 131GiB.