PDA

View Full Version : kimsufi + waffles

McLovin
12-16-2009, 09:48 PM
why did waffles ban kimsufi ips?

brgroup
12-17-2009, 04:06 AM
Because Kimsufis are cheap ways to get plugged into a 100mbit euro network, hackers use them to send DDOS, spam or fraud..Waffles had been the recipient of DDOS attacks from Kimi boxes, so all IP's from Kimsufis IP's certain OVH ranges were banned..IP's from Hetzner and FDC have been also banned..

Mods on the site state your ovh box should be able to connect to the BT announce URL, just can't browse through the box..You can't do either with a Kimsufi..

If you have a shared seedbox, ask your provider..if they're good, they have their boxes on the higher bandwidth SP or EG boxes..if not, probably on a Kimi..

That's also the reason for OVH's erratic behavior of late..Changing prices, setup fees, bandwidwidth..they seem to be trying to find a way to make it harder for short term customers to rent servers..

redMonster
12-18-2009, 03:41 AM
Mods on the site state your ovh box should be able to connect to the BT announce URL, just can't browse through the box..You can't do either with a Kimsufi..This is incorrect. You can seed and leech fine with a Kimsufi on waffles, obviously since Kimsuf is a part of OVH.

brgroup
12-18-2009, 07:12 AM
Cool redMonster, if that's working for you great.. McLovin, be sure to check the Waffs forums..it's a pretty well documented discussion and clarified by the waffles moderators...I put up a link to it here, but it was trimmed by the mods..Good Luck

McLovin
12-18-2009, 07:53 AM
i literally thought waffles was done forever.. then i found out they had just banned them.

trackers works fine.. just can't browse the site.

i started browsing it on the box through a webproxy.. just kinda annoying. but oh well.