PDA

View Full Version : sct VS uk-t VS ftwr

Albo Da Kid
12-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Which site had the greater emotional effect on you when it went down? In other words which site do you miss the most?

I for one miss the crap out of Sct. I don't think there will be another site that will come close to it for months or even maybe years to come.

Tv Controls you
12-18-2009, 07:22 PM
Which site had yhr biggest emotional effect on you when it went down? In other words which site do you miss the most?

I for one miss the crap out of Sct. I don't think there will be another site that will come close to it for months or even maybe years to come.

When demonoid went down, definitely. But its back up now!

Out of you list though, sct will be missed greatly.

anon
12-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Since I've never been at the other two, I guess ScT.

sheriff 01
12-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Nice to see you back in action Albo.:) I agree with you on the sadness felt through the demise of sct. Hopefully nothing else tragic will happen anytime soon.

Burnsy
12-18-2009, 07:30 PM
I wasn't on any of those trackers, however, was looking to try getting onto ScT through a friend when he got an invite... so I was a little disappointed to hear of it going down before I actually managed to join :(

I know UK-T went down before ScT and at that time it wasn't a tracker I had ever considered or wanted to join (although whether I'd wanted to or not it would never have happened :lol:), but I could still empathise with the members from there when it went.

It's never good when any site goes down, they each mean different things to their members and can sometimes be hard to replace...

Albo Da Kid
12-18-2009, 07:41 PM
I see is Artemis viewing this thread...Great to see you back Artemis

Cabalo
12-18-2009, 07:42 PM
ScT was DA shit. I sorely miss it, but hey, that's life. I've started using SCC more often, as prior to ScT's demise, it was nearly impossible to seed there, unless you had to download stuff you didn't really need, just cuz it was freeleech. I honestly don't like to do that, but if it's needed, than it shall be.
With the massive migration of ScT users to Scc, torrents have way more peers, thus making it easier to seed.

mievmo
12-18-2009, 07:47 PM
i really loved ScT.

Albo Da Kid
12-18-2009, 07:48 PM
ScT was DA shit. I sorely miss it, but hey, that's life. I've started using SCC more often, as prior to ScT's demise, it was nearly impossible to seed there, unless you had to download stuff you didn't really need, just cuz it was freeleech. I honestly don't like to do that, but if it's needed, than it shall be.
With the massive migration of ScT users to Scc, torrents have way more peers, thus making it easier to seed.

I heard that most Sct users ended up in Scc.

Do you have any hope Scc will be as good as Sct was in these upcoming months?

The_Martinator
12-18-2009, 07:56 PM
Never used ScT that much (except for TV packs that is), tbh. I wasn't at UK-T long enough to really miss it that much, but it did have a great community aspect to it and some unique uploads.

I've talked to a few former FTWRers and they say that they'll really miss it, but they have found new homes ,so I'd think it's all good.

PS: "Collectors" like me (as in those of us who hang onto accounts, "just in case" and don't use them nearly enough from most people's POV) are better off here, obviously. But that doesn't mean I'm happy.

PPS: I don't really think of myself as a collector. Or do I? :P

IdolEyes787
12-18-2009, 07:59 PM
Was never a member of uk-t ,don't have a lot of use for 0day or pre-times or or for 0day users who worry about pre-times :emo: so that leaves Rabbit by default.
Although seriously I miss Zamunda the most.

@Martin to my knowledge nothing ( operational) like FTWR exists - what with it's combination of the old and the new.

weegee
12-18-2009, 08:19 PM
Never used ScT, i was a member of uk-t and still sorely miss it...

brightsid
12-18-2009, 08:36 PM
ScT was just a 0day. Sure it was probably the best especially if you are interesting in old packs like I do. But it was impersonal at least for me. Just for that and cause I was never member of UK-t it is rabbit I miss more

cinephilia
12-18-2009, 08:58 PM
although ftwr was a very original tracker with unique content and funny competitions, it's ScT i miss the most.

QPD
12-18-2009, 08:59 PM
I belive only people who had accounts on all the above mentioned can really express a point here.

IdolEyes787
12-18-2009, 09:01 PM
No anyone can express a view here and then it is up to the reader to decide if it has any validity.

Enlightened
12-18-2009, 09:30 PM
+ 1 SCT all The way......

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3518/97328693.png (http://img189.imageshack.us/i/97328693.png/)

Slickerey
12-18-2009, 09:48 PM
ScT was actually the one that most people cared about. It was one of the best and most well-known private trackers out there. Nobody can deny the legacy that ScT has left on the BT world, but we all knew that it would have to die someday.

UK-T's death was pretty big, too. I remember looking at a thread here called "What happened to UK-T?" and it had over 200 people viewing it at the same time.

IdolEyes787
12-18-2009, 09:56 PM
ScT had many,many more members so obviously the effect of it's demise is more pronounced if not any more heartfelt.

TrollinThunder
12-18-2009, 10:07 PM
For the first three or four months, I really missed my testicles. But as I steadied my pitch, I discovered the profound bliss of being a castrati. I've never looked back since.

IdolEyes787
12-18-2009, 10:09 PM
Meh they weren't being used anyway.

TrollinThunder
12-18-2009, 10:12 PM
No they weren't. But it is still difficult to forego the potential of leaving an heir to carry on my legacy. Being a sextoy for married noblewoman makes up for it partially.

Enlightened
12-18-2009, 10:46 PM
The memories are still pretty vivid, even though has been a several years back, I could NOT sleep all nite, when I got my SCT , the next one was FTN too........so Excired, just left me laying in bed, with such great satisfaction ands honor, to be able to join into their community........aah,.sigh, those were the days

kurdt
12-18-2009, 11:15 PM
i guess uk-t because i was supposed to get an invite right before it went down.

NippleCake
12-18-2009, 11:39 PM
all 3. Each had such wonderful things about them.

Ewwwyourface
12-18-2009, 11:50 PM
i said fuck when i saw the news on sct then i got an inv to scc and i left sct in the dust i dont care about pussies lol

ftwr and uk-t wtf who cares about those joke sites lmfao

TrollinThunder
12-18-2009, 11:55 PM
Sir, I believe you have laughed your ass off in other threads. Yet I see nothing to indicate that you have laughed it back on or otherwise re-attached it to your body. Please advise if you have more than one ass.

xJohnxSmithx
12-18-2009, 11:56 PM
Shit, that's a tough question. They all will be missed. SCT for obvious reasons although it's easily replaced. Rabbit for UFC betting and member ul's, and uk-t was an excellent FL tracker with the most active community around. I actually miss them all the same, but tbh i haven't gave it much thought until now.

Bad-Day
12-19-2009, 12:01 AM
its better to just ignore this shit.

dvdasacd
12-19-2009, 12:02 AM
"Collectors" like me (as in those of us who hang onto accounts, "just in case" and don't use them nearly enough from most people's POV) are better off here, obviously.Having such intentions is actually (likely) strongly against the rules of some of the trackers you are at. You must be ok with that...(regardless of the fact that it's easily possible to log in often enough and dl/ul just enough to technically survive at all your trackers).

cinephilia
12-19-2009, 12:12 AM
what rules are you referring to?

nucks2424
12-19-2009, 01:07 AM
none, I simply moved onto the next site. I only spend maybe 5 minutes a day on 3-5 of my sites. i guess i just see them as a place to get my entertainment.

xeyu
12-19-2009, 03:12 AM
same all dead

respawn40
12-19-2009, 03:28 AM
Well, I was only a member of one of those sites, so I'd have to say that I miss UK-T the most. My connection always maxed out, requests were always being filled, and there were always long posts to read in the forums. Thankfully, these qualities have diffused to other places.

lisabritpop
12-19-2009, 03:54 AM
i've never been members at uk-t VS ftwr
i rly miss Sct...

eldiesel
12-19-2009, 05:18 AM
Sct r.i.p

TheDog
12-19-2009, 06:05 AM
wheelmods - comunity and fabulous request section
rabbit - unique content, competitions, staff
sct - 0day, download & site browse speeds, design

these are the most important things that each of those 3 giants had.. i hope at least 1 of those trackers will be back someday..

Funkin'
12-19-2009, 06:06 AM
The memories are still pretty vivid, even though has been a several years back, I could NOT sleep all nite, when I got my SCT , the next one was FTN too........so Excired, just left me laying in bed, with such great satisfaction ands honor, to be able to join into their community........aah,.sigh, those were the days

:blink:

Benjamin
12-19-2009, 06:29 AM
Definitely FTWR, it was such a unique site with a great group of people, I was pretty upset when it died. ScT is replaceable, UK-T's community lives on at another forum, don't think anything will live up to what FTWR was.

Glitterstep
12-19-2009, 06:35 AM
Im wasn't a member of FTWR and Uk-T ,Even when SCT went down...i never really missed it as i used SCT only for those FREELEECH MUSIC Packs..

kallieb
12-19-2009, 06:55 AM
I missed Demonoid, and was so pleased to see it back up again. Defo a cat with 9 lives that site is :) Can't say the same for Zamunda though. Now that was definitely an amazing site: The catalogue section was superb, the content HUGE, and no rared files. DL and Play. Sweet as can be.

I say this not to disrespect the sites mentioned in the OP, but if you are talking about speed, unique content and sheer volume of torrents, my hat goes off to Z. A real shame if it never comes back :(

ovisan
12-19-2009, 07:05 AM

Ha ha ha. How about trying to have sex with a woman next time Enlightened mate. About the OP's question I must say I miss ukt the most, I haven't really used the other 2 trackers

Magnum
12-19-2009, 07:14 AM
Uk-t I was a member and still miss it.:(

Enlightened
12-19-2009, 07:29 AM

Ha ha ha. How about trying to have sex with a woman next time Enlightened mate. About the OP's question I must say I miss ukt the most, I haven't really used the other 2 trackers

It didn't help with the 2 women I was with........I was more "excited" getting "in" into SCT and FTN..........LOL:yup::yup::yup:

C-mos
12-19-2009, 10:00 AM
ukt and ftwr :( sad .sct .I dont give a fuck

fox92
12-19-2009, 10:20 AM
I miss ScT the most :(

Parabellum
12-19-2009, 11:06 AM
None of them, but Demonoid was surely the one I most missed :pinch:

Bad-Day
12-19-2009, 03:48 PM
This is a very good thread, interesting, smart, all those nice things and shit

The_Martinator
12-19-2009, 03:58 PM
"Collectors" like me (as in those of us who hang onto accounts, "just in case" and don't use them nearly enough from most people's POV) are better off here, obviously.Having such intentions is actually (likely) strongly against the rules of some of the trackers you are at. You must be ok with that...(regardless of the fact that it's easily possible to log in often enough and dl/ul just enough to technically survive at all your trackers).

If it's against their rules, I'll be banned /disabled eventually. And I won't complain about it. Untill now I haven't been, so I think I must not be doing anything wrong.

I was really trying to say that I don't have an ultra buffered account anywhere. Because I use a site when I need to, not when there's a freeleech etc. so I can buffer up (not saying that I haven't ever DLed a freeleech torrent and then ended up likeing what I got, though).

If I don't even log into a tracker often enough that means that I'm just wasting space inside the userlimit. I've been disabled for that and I haven't tried reenabling my acc. Not because I think the site isn't good (RevoTT is good), but because it was a clear indication to me that I didn't use it enough and that I should let others use it.

Burnsy
12-19-2009, 04:08 PM
If it's against their rules, I'll be banned /disabled eventually. And I won't complain about it. Untill now I haven't been, so I think I must not be doing anything wrong.

You're not doing anything wrong. That's the whole point in the trackers having time periods for no activity before either disabling or pruning. Half the time you only get disabled but not pruned anyway so can usually get the old account activated.

I've yet to see in the rules on any tracker I've ever been on where it states you must be active for x amount of time over a set period...

Personally I am registered to 10 trackers... 4 of which I am on almost every day... 3 I check out a few times weekly, and the other 3 are 'bettered' by the main trackers I use, but still throw up interesting packs/uploads now and again so I still check them out every so often... I don't think I'm doing anything wrong either :)

If there's a tracker out there which states having an account you don't use very often is against their rules, even though they implement a 'non-activity' period leading to disabling/pruning then I'd genuinely be interested to learn who they were.

anon
12-19-2009, 04:51 PM
no rared files. DL and Play. Sweet as can be.

If you liked this, you should check FL.ro out.

Swift
12-19-2009, 06:49 PM
no rared files. DL and Play. Sweet as can be.

If you liked this, you should check FL.ro out.

not all stuff on FL.ro is unrared :)

Hombre
12-19-2009, 07:58 PM
is Filelist.ro anything decent? I mean, i'm a member at revTT and PTM, would I need it for anything I dont have there? also, is a romania tracker, and i dont like trackers from romania.

anon
12-19-2009, 08:01 PM
FL.ro is an awesome tracker with lots of content, great packs, and a massive amount of users. I have found many movies that weren't on other trackers.

hotstuff
12-19-2009, 09:46 PM
i miss sct and ftwr

hagckz0r
12-19-2009, 10:06 PM
oh man... i rlly miss ma grandma' :(

grow4dough
12-19-2009, 10:57 PM
well they provided different things for me. i miss uk-t and ftwr about equally and for the same reasons which were the people i knew there and the forums and fun shit that went on(there are new forums for uk-t people but we're missing A LOT of people still). i miss sct almost as much though simply because it was the only site i went to for 0day stuff, i would use TL or SCC on occasion to find older stuff or if sct was having a slow day but losing a 600+ GB buffer on the site i downloaded the most from is a big hit to me since i dont have a seedbox anymore.

also im a big tv fan so i download a lot of packs and shit to find new stuff and it was great that all of it was FL at sct... scc and tl really just couldnt compete but i guess they'll work for the time being.

Enlightened
12-19-2009, 11:02 PM
FL.ro is an awesome tracker with lots of content, great packs, and a massive amount of users. I have found many movies that weren't on other trackers.

+ 1, I just join, GREAT Speed & Content!!!!!!!:yup::yup::yup:

Burnsy
12-19-2009, 11:05 PM

+ 1, I just join, GREAT Speed & Content!!!!!!!:yup::yup::yup:

How is it for HD content? Any info? TIA :)

anon
12-19-2009, 11:10 PM
How is it for HD content? Any info?

They have two categories: HDTV movies, with 1139 torrents, and HDTV-RO (movies with Romanian subtitles), with 1436 torrents.

Burnsy
12-19-2009, 11:15 PM
How is it for HD content? Any info?

They have two categories: HDTV movies, with 1139 torrents, and HDTV-RO (movies with Romanian subtitles), with 1436 torrents.

Thanks for your help :)

Albo Da Kid
12-20-2009, 02:00 AM
I kind of miss Zamunda as well. There were hardly any times where I wouldn't find the rare movies I was looking for in Zamunda that I couldn't find anywhere else including TPB or Mininova

I really hope it makes a comeback.

xeyu
12-20-2009, 03:16 AM
hardly ever

cinephilia
12-20-2009, 07:13 PM
LMFAO..... Swepsycho is back.... nice! : D

how is that nice ?:D
nice cause it made you post your 3000th post :yup:

kilopull
12-20-2009, 08:45 PM
i really miss sct :(

dvdasacd
12-23-2009, 04:02 AM
If it's against their rules, I'll be banned /disabled eventually. And I won't complain about it. Untill now I haven't been, so I think I must not be doing anything wrong.If there's a tracker out there which states having an account you don't use very often is against their rules, even though they implement a 'non-activity' period leading to disabling/pruning then I'd genuinely be interested to learn who they were.Actually that's a really good point. It's probably up to staff's interpretation of their rules. In fact, it is :P. If they find out your intentions, look at your activivty and think you're collecting and want to take action on that, they will...That's all that matters, with regards to survival at said trackers.

What i meant was that rules actually state the word collecting. some say no 'account collecting', 'we don't want you to collect here', etc. But I assumed that automatically meant what martin is doing fell under said rule, which is not neccessarily true :).

The_Martinator
12-23-2009, 07:10 AM
I just called it collecting, cause some people with uber ratios, who "really make use of their trackers" (while really not doing anything with the files they get) would call it that.

I don't consider myself a collector. Just someone who'd rather be safe than sorry. :D

nethawk
12-23-2009, 05:46 PM
I had all three, but I miss ScT the most. I really didn't care much for rabbit.

Burnsy
12-23-2009, 05:51 PM
I don't consider myself a collector. Just someone who'd rather be safe than sorry. :D

And at the rate trackers fell in 2009, I think it's actually a pretty sensible thing to have a couple of trackers available for a back up if you require them too... and even at that... how do you even know your 'back-ups' are safe??:wacko:

I think a lot of people who were exclusive members to FTWR/ScT/UK-T found themselves kinda stuck for a little while when they 'lost their homes'... and I reckon more people will be covering themselves now if, in the unfortunate event, 2010 continues where 2009 left off...

greken24
12-27-2009, 03:10 PM
U just cant compare the speeds, pretimes, content, forums of rabbit and wheels with sct .. it was just the lvls the rarity and the security that those 2 sites had before...
I would give me soul to reopen sct again!

Artemis
12-27-2009, 04:49 PM
For the first three or four months, I really missed my testicles. But as I steadied my pitch, I discovered the profound bliss of being a castrati. I've never looked back since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSFWgKl-O-A

YoYoY
12-29-2009, 09:31 AM
I liked both sct and the rabbit , but i miss ftwr the most . yes , they didn't have the best content or pretimes . but it was just a simple site , and i like simple sites :D

omgwtfbbq
12-29-2009, 10:36 AM
ftwr was completely worthless, SCT was actually decent but tbh I just use usenet now so I wasn't that fussed.

fstrulz
12-30-2009, 02:37 AM
FTWR is more of an online community than a torrent site.

I'm definitely missing the Rate That Chick Next Door thread. :P

TrollinThunder
12-30-2009, 04:04 PM
It's a good thing that those threads exist elsewhere and an even better thing that there are sites dedicated to such pr0n.