PDA

View Full Version : Demonoid Still Having Problems?

lennonmacc
12-18-2009, 11:15 PM
Anybody noticed that a lot of their torrents that had been saved are now being deleted suddenly ? And i've also heard many people saying their ratio wasn't changing at all, i'm experiencing that too.I hope this is just temporary.

anon
12-18-2009, 11:19 PM
Currently I can't even access the tracker - "Server too busy".

lennonmacc
12-18-2009, 11:23 PM
Yeah, there's a good number of problems stll i think, hope this doesn't lead to more downtime.

Seems to be back online, and those torrents seem to also be back:)

gzumpf
12-19-2009, 10:39 PM
My ratio and stats hasn't budged at all. I've been uploading a ton of info tho. Hopefully theres some way they are keeping track of it all.

anon
12-19-2009, 10:41 PM
On topic: the servers are still too busy for me... :blink:

Edit: I can access the site now. :)

Hopefully theres some way they are keeping track of it all.

Make sure you log in to Demonoid before starting your client, using the same IP you're using for torrenting. Their FAQ also has a bunch of tips on how to ensure correct ratio updating.

gzumpf
12-21-2009, 04:11 AM
Thanks for the info, and today my ratio was updated. Its not right tho, but it'll work. I'll make sure I open demonoid first and read FAQ again.

soulreaper
12-21-2009, 06:55 AM
I just get a blank page.

Funkin'
12-21-2009, 07:49 AM
^ Refresh

By the way, anyone got any news about their forum?

alpharomiyo
12-21-2009, 09:19 AM
they shud resolve their problems associated with testing newly written code...

they've already lost quite a lot in the rankings

sake
12-21-2009, 09:48 AM
Maintenance

We are currently performing the daily site maintenance.
We'll be back soon

Do not click refresh. It will send you back to this page.

Click here to retry instead

cs101
12-21-2009, 11:38 AM
so far so good, I have not seen anyproblems my uploaded torrents are intact ratio is just the same what I left, no loses ...

ktown
12-21-2009, 01:24 PM
i havent been on demonoid in awhile, ever since it was down some months ago, but i had been a member for about 3 years and about a year and a half ago my ratio stopped changing. i had a pretty high ratio of 13.something and my friend went on and downloaded over 100 GB in a week on my account and my ratio didnt budge. i cant vouch for the new site but it definately had problems for the past year or two.

update from above: just was able to sign back onto my account no problem. and it looks like they finally added on the 100GB my friend DLed cause my ratio is down to 2.30. Unfortuneately for me, it looks like everything is working fine (did not mind that 13+ ratio) lol

anon
12-21-2009, 05:19 PM
i havent been on demonoid in awhile, ever since it was down some months ago, but i had been a member for about 3 years and about a year and a half ago my ratio stopped changing. i had a pretty high ratio of 13.something and my friend went on and downloaded over 100 GB in a week on my account and my ratio didnt budge.

Their system isn't particularly accurate. If you log in from one IP, pass a .torrent to a friend, and he leeches it from his own address, he could download a terabyte of data without affecting your ratio.

soulreaper
12-21-2009, 05:35 PM
^ Refresh

By the way, anyone got any news about their forum?

It's working now,thanks. Forum's still down though.

ztx651
12-23-2009, 06:56 AM
Work on the site is ongoing so there will continue to be glitches here and there for the time being.

The forum isn't the highest of priorities right now but will return in due course.