PDA

View Full Version : Enter The Matrix

be_man31
10-14-2003, 06:49 AM
My friend recently gave me his game "enter the matrix" and I was all excited about playing this game (because I'm such a huge fan of the movie), and I must say...what a shitty game!! not only am I unable to play this game because they only made it able to play with 2 video cards, 2 friggin video cards people! lets not take into consideration that an intel intergrated vid card is more widely used than any other vid card, but you have to have the most expensive cards to be able to play the stupid game. WTF were they thinking when they made this friggin game?! any game developer knows that the most widely and commonly used card is an intel intergrated vid because they are the cheapest and most people who are either novices or financially unept don't want to spend time/money on a fancy vid card. but what ever the reason there's no justification for thier lack of imagination or consideration of people who use an intergrated vid card. and lets not get me started on all the bad rap this game is getting because of really bad gaming coding and developing with more glitches than a bloody russian satallite. holy shit why did the wachowski brothers allow this adbonimation to be released? it is a sad day in gaming history in my opinion.

Rip The Jacker
10-14-2003, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by be_man31@13 October 2003 - 22:49
and I must say...what a shitty game!!
This game was a HUGE disappointment. It was completely unfinished and rushed to the market. It has many glitches and flaws. And it doesn't support many graphic cards. A lot of people actually went out and purchased this game, installed it, and found out that they can't play it without getting a new graphic card. A lot of people got some stupid "fullscreen mode not found" error.

The fighting looks cool, but it gets boring very fast. You run up to someone, and keep clicking, thats it. As long as you keep clicking, you can't lose. The missions are also horribly short. And there is a bug in the freeway level, a lot of people couldn't play the freeway level, the game quits to desktop. There is a patch you have to download if this happens. If you ask me, a HUGE disappointment...

judgeofallandnothing
10-14-2003, 07:20 AM
it lacks replayability. It was good the first time around then it just sucked

slimboyfatz
10-14-2003, 08:13 AM
I started a thread about this game being Poor...have a look for it and some of the comments there...I'll hold my tongue on this game..if i get started again i wont stop.........Pure, unadulterated Shite!!!!!! :angry:

3RA1N1AC
10-14-2003, 08:41 AM
lolz. when are movie/tv/comic-based games ever any good? it's incredibly rare for a game based on a licensed character to turn out well (refer to: 99% of character license games since the disastrous "E.T." on the Atari 2600).

ahctlucabbuS
10-14-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@14 October 2003 - 09:41
lolz. when are movie/tv/comic-based games ever any good? it's incredibly rare for a game based on a licensed character to turn out well (refer to: 99% of character license games since the disastrous "E.T." on the Atari 2600).
Yea well this have to be a special case seeing how much money and apparently effort (if you can messure that in time), lol.

3RA1N1AC
10-14-2003, 09:01 AM
actually, i can think of a few good ones from recent years-- some of the spider-man games, tony hawk, and the jedi knight games. but usually it's just an easy way to churn out complete garbage, slap a popular character/movie name onto it, and hope enough people rush out to buy it before they hear how terrible it turned out.

DWk
10-14-2003, 11:26 AM
negative to you all....

ETM isnt just merely a game. If you were an actual FAN of the Matrix series, you would understand that ETM ISNT A GAME....but just a way the Wachowski brothas are telling a story...

they couldnt tell it with one movie (a long one) because they dont have permission to do so.... few directors have it (i.e. Spielberg and Lucas), so they used several media to tell a story (movies as the trilogy, anime-cinemas as animatrix, and games as etm).

ETM just fills up what Reloaded doesnt explain...so its OBVIOUSLY part of the movie...

concerning to glitches and support with gfx cards... intel integrated? lol are you talkin about the 8mb onboard video? jeez if u wanna play games like these with that....save up money and buy a gfx card..... yea its granted that the graphics arent the most incredible thing you can see.... but making a game with such effects (like focus) is extremely hard with a lot of good graphics...not to mention they had to get the game out before (or in between) Reloaded and Revolutions...

either way, if you play the game again, you can looks for all the hints that give out the storyline and plot of the greatest story i've seen...

besides....you gotta wait for Revolutions.... coming 11-5 ;)

have fun d0ods

DWk

junkyardking
10-14-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by DWk@14 October 2003 - 11:26
negative to you all....

ETM isnt just merely a game. If you were an actual FAN of the Matrix series, you would understand that ETM ISNT A GAME....but just a way the Wachowski brothas are telling a story...

they couldnt tell it with one movie (a long one) because they dont have permission to do so.... few directors have it (i.e. Spielberg and Lucas), so they used several media to tell a story (movies as the trilogy, anime-cinemas as animatrix, and games as etm).

ETM just fills up what Reloaded doesnt explain...so its OBVIOUSLY part of the movie...

concerning to glitches and support with gfx cards... intel integrated? lol are you talkin about the 8mb onboard video? jeez if u wanna play games like these with that....save up money and buy a gfx card..... yea its granted that the graphics arent the most incredible thing you can see.... but making a game with such effects (like focus) is extremely hard with a lot of good graphics...not to mention they had to get the game out before (or in between) Reloaded and Revolutions...

either way, if you play the game again, you can looks for all the hints that give out the storyline and plot of the greatest story i've seen...

besides....you gotta wait for Revolutions.... coming 11-5 ;)

have fun d0ods

DWk
What a load of rot they only extended the matrix because the first made money, so they made 2 and 3, ETM was only a way of squezing every last cent out of the matrix.

Octopussy
10-14-2003, 02:55 PM
old news we already knew matrix sucked so did the movie

matrix reloaded and matrix the first one were rated R for retarded

miffo
10-14-2003, 03:09 PM
ne1 in the habit to play fsp:s usually knows when a game really sucks big time
just by lookin at the graphics from the screenshots AND reading the reviews from tests

also you allways READ the system recs before you buy a new game
(if you buy it :P )
also read a little background i.e. how long it took to develop the game, what engine is beeing used and so on

advice, don't be the first to get a game before ne1 already has realised that it sucks and it's more fun to play doom2 and posted their opinion at i.e this forum

the first movie was a real breaktrough and quite good, but the rest :x
the sequel was old news when it was released

the matrix fight scene in shrek was more fun to watch
damn I really got an opinion today

be_man31
10-14-2003, 03:20 PM
[list=1]

woah woah woah! first off the matrix did not suck! and only the people who said it sucked is because they coudn't comprehend it!

<concerning to glitches and support with gfx cards... intel integrated? lol are you talkin about the 8mb onboard video? jeez if u wanna play games like these with that....save up money and buy a gfx card..... yea its granted that the graphics arent the most incredible thing you can see.... but making a game with such effects (like focus) is extremely hard with a lot of good graphics...not to mention they had to get the game out before (or in between) Reloaded and Revolutions... and as for the video card I am not talking about>

no I&#39;m not talking about 8 meg vid, I&#39;m talkiing about 64 meg vid intergrated, and even tho you need a good expensive vid cards to play the bloody ETM its still crappy and full of problems&#33; it could have been waaay better if they took a little more time.

miffo
10-14-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by be_man31@14 October 2003 - 15:20
and even tho you need a good expensive vid cards to play the bloody ETM its still crappy and full of problems&#33; it could have been waaay better if they took a little more time.
as allways
thats superimposable :P on movies too

TwisT
10-14-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by be_man31@14 October 2003 - 06:49
My friend recently gave me his game "enter the matrix" and I was all excited about playing this game (because I&#39;m such a huge fan of the movie), and I must say...what a shitty game&#33;&#33; not only am I unable to play this game because they only made it able to play with 2 video cards, 2 friggin video cards people&#33; lets not take into consideration that an intel intergrated vid card is more widely used than any other vid card, but you have to have the most expensive cards to be able to play the stupid game. WTF were they thinking when they made this friggin game?&#33; any game developer knows that the most widely and commonly used card is an intel intergrated vid because they are the cheapest and most people who are either novices or financially unept don&#39;t want to spend time/money on a fancy vid card. but what ever the reason there&#39;s no justification for thier lack of imagination or consideration of people who use an intergrated vid card. and lets not get me started on all the bad rap this game is getting because of really bad gaming coding and developing with more glitches than a bloody russian satallite. holy shit why did the wachowski brothers allow this adbonimation to be released? it is a sad day in gaming history in my opinion.
the graphics sux because they wanted to release of the day of the movie or w/e, and they werent quite done... so thats mainly why i sux...

Neo 721
10-14-2003, 05:48 PM
It was kind of obvious that this game was going to suck from the minute i looked at the packet. "Works best with 24 bit sound" "reqires 700mhz or sumthin like that.
They should have realesed a version for slow computers and a one for high end ones. Instead trying to be cleaver and expecting everone to have Alienware area 51&#39;s. The other thing is that it is impossibe to make a dynamic movie like the Matrix playable particualy with a keyboard and mouse, even a controler but due to the fact that there is so many controls it is impossible.
But the wierd thing was that is was supposed to quite good for all the consoles, which shows you con only appreciate PC games with a high end PC, an armchair and a Large screen.

Marius24
10-14-2003, 05:54 PM
movie good
game crap
:angry:

Octopussy
10-14-2003, 06:33 PM
i hate when they make games after movies, its just to get more money, like when they made atlantis and made the game and all those dum idiotic disney games

Cygnuz-Y
10-14-2003, 06:34 PM
as someone already said the game is not that bad the first time around, iTs true it doesnt have a lot of replay value, but the first time you play it, its darn good&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

For replay value go play Max Payne, I only want to know everything about this great saga so i played the game.....

Octopussy
10-14-2003, 06:35 PM
hell yea max payne&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; today max payne 2 comes out or i think its already out...am not sure but i hope they will have it on suprnova soon and iso hope its only 1 cd lol i dont wana dl 2 cds

Pitbul
10-14-2003, 07:11 PM
its gonna be out tomorow. well thats the official release. i dont get it octopussy first you complain about the HL2 leak but then your all for Max Payne 2 being pirated. and you say you love the game so much well youo downloading the game isn&#39;t helping Rockstar profit from this game and onto making a part 3. dont a hypocrit asshole if you like the game that much go buy it.

3RA1N1AC
10-14-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by be_man31@14 October 2003 - 07:20
woah woah woah&#33; first off the matrix did not suck&#33; and only the people who said it sucked is because they coudn&#39;t comprehend it&#33;
i comprehend it and i still think it sucks. it&#39;s just Philip K Dick turned into pablum for the wire-fu/gamer generation. Blade Runner and Total Recall were much better at posing the same techno-philosophical questions. dumbing it down, mixing in a bit of messiah/cycle myth (see Dune, Star Wars, and um... the Bible), and slapping sunglasses onto it is not an improvement. <_<

DWk
10-14-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by junkyardking@14 October 2003 - 13:36
What a load of rot they only extended the matrix because the first made money, so they made 2 and 3
lol? man go read up a little....

DWk

abu_has_the_power
10-14-2003, 09:32 PM
this game on the consoles really suck. i played on pc, and it wasn&#39;t that bad. it was boring, really quick, no replay value, but the 1st time was ok. a lot of glitches, and no mp, but i wouldn&#39;t say it&#39;s worthless piece of shit

noname12
10-14-2003, 09:36 PM
Played it the first time enjoyed it, with the focus and shiznit it was good, I enjoy replaying it at times, here and there, I didnt find it as bad as most of you.

But admitadly (sp?) it wasnt what it could have been, I personally believe if they based it on the first film it would have been better, that way they would have had all the time in the world to do it, plus in this enter the matrix they put to much emphasis on the story line and how they can make it fit in with the film while keeping it unique and complimenting the Film....

So in summury not that bad, could have been better and they shouldnt have wasted so much time on the story line.

:lol:

DWk
10-14-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@14 October 2003 - 21:32
and no mp
thats why Matrix Online is coming out....

http://thematrixonline.warnerbros.com/

check it out....

and to ETM....yes i do think it got re-playability.... i love it.... but yea as i already said, its not merely a game...but a part of the plot...

peace out

and Cygnuz....plz stop wandering around and say that ETM is very good already...

DWk

Busyman
10-14-2003, 10:25 PM
I don&#39;t think ETM was THAT bad at all. It could have used more puzzle action but I enjoyed it. It did lack replay value.
As for the movie, I like the first one better than the second...but all of you saying both movies sucked, I guarantee yu&#39;ll make sure you see Matrix Revolutions.

DWk
10-14-2003, 10:29 PM
word :)

DWk

3RA1N1AC
10-14-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Busyman@14 October 2003 - 14:25
I guarantee yu&#39;ll make sure you see Matrix Revolutions.
prolly, but it&#39;ll still suck.

wolfman10_2000
10-14-2003, 10:44 PM
dont even let me go how much space the game takes up&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
4 CD&#39;s&#33;&#33;&#33;
now thats around 4 gigs come on now.
Well the game at first was alsome becouse of the cool fighting styles and the focus ability&#39;s but after a while you realize that you only have to click alot to beat up the enemy.

Also the car sceens were the glitches thing in the world&#33;&#33;

I hope the online version is more entertaining and more like a game you can spend time on and have fun for like a month :lol: .

-Mike

Busyman
10-14-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by wolfman10_2000@14 October 2003 - 22:44
dont even let me go how much space the game takes up&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
4 CD&#39;s&#33;&#33;&#33;
now thats around 4 gigs come on now.

I had it on Xbox on 1 CD :D

and actually it&#39;s more like 3 gigs ;)

By the way this forum has some of the weirdest critics in world.
There could be a tight ass movie out (IMO) and you&#39;ll get some folks on here say

It was the worst movie EVER (and love to say ever alot)
and these people are same ones cheering or at the very least deep engrossed in the movie. Then after it ends "Oh it sucked" <_<

Never trust a critic when they say don&#39;t see a movie unless they at least explain why ;)

sum_sicko
10-14-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Marius24@14 October 2003 - 18:54
movie good
game crap
:angry:
indeed

3RA1N1AC
10-14-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Busyman@14 October 2003 - 14:51
Never trust a critic when they say don&#39;t see a movie unless they at least explain why ;)
i saw &#39;em and explained why i didn&#39;t like &#39;em. it&#39;s just a rehash of themes (what does it mean to be human?, what is reality?, who&#39;s really in control?, we&#39;re living in a dream omgwtf HAX&#33;&#33;1&#33;) dealt with much more effectively in earlier movies, but with a bunch of modern special effects & sunglasses piled on top.

also, keanu&#39;s acting. the guy couldn&#39;t act his way out of a wet paper bag. ;)

Busyman
10-14-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+14 October 2003 - 23:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 14 October 2003 - 23:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@14 October 2003 - 14:51
i saw &#39;em and explained why i didn&#39;t like &#39;em. it&#39;s just a rehash of themes (what does it mean to be human?, what is reality?, who&#39;s really in control?, we&#39;re living in a dream omgwtf HAX&#33;&#33;1&#33;) dealt with much more effectively in earlier movies, but with a bunch of modern special effects & sunglasses piled on top.

also, keanu&#39;s acting. the guy couldn&#39;t act his way out of a wet paper bag. ;) [/b][/quote]
It was the execution of this rehash that made it good. In addition "humans as batteries" was pretty original. The biggest thing the movie ripped off was no "movie" at all; for anyone that reads comics remember The Invisibles?....

I agree that Keanu can&#39;t act for shit. He lacks facial expressions, his eyebrows don&#39;t move or something %&#036;#

Him and Kevin Costner suck

DWk
10-14-2003, 11:29 PM
first....about the 4 cds.... well if you actually finished the game you would understand that the game is a lot of gameplay with A LOT of movies.... and i think these is pretty cool since it parallels the movie....

second....about keanu acting... dont u understand WHY he acts that way? keanu plays a guy that is SLOW....he prolly has ADD or whatever that disease is called....

its an irony that THE ONE actually isnt the smartest guy in the group you know?

DWk

sum_sicko
10-14-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by DWk@15 October 2003 - 00:29
its an irony that THE ONE actually isnt the smartest guy in the group you know?

oh yea :huh:

that werid cause hes a dumbass in film has to keep going back to that old woman to know what guna happen next

and hes the main person????

:huh:

Evil Gemini
10-15-2003, 01:35 AM
I think ETM is a good game.

Neo 721
10-15-2003, 07:53 PM
ETM can be played in multi play right, if it cant correct me, but for some games it about how good the multi player is. Because it does get boring playing the same levals against AI&#39;s

XtAsY
10-15-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by neattairoski@15 October 2003 - 01:35
I think ETM is a good game.
nah it sux