PDA

View Full Version : whatthefuck.cd

centuryfog
12-24-2009, 02:50 AM
so some of you may remember a few months ago i offered some invites to what.cd on a site and invited someone who cheated their account. my account was really precious to me but i messed up and lost it. long sob sob story yada yada. we've all made mistakes right? lesson learned lets move on.

so i did what any music freak would do. i cleared my cache, reset my ip address and got myself a new invite. there was no possible way i was going to break even the slightest rule this time around. i went about business as usual. spending my own money to buy albums for the request page. uploading FLACs, seeding everything i had 24/7. i was not even going to dream about offering an invite to even my own mother. i learned my lesson. so things went back to normal. i actually acheived power user fairly quick.

and then today i go to the screen and see the familiar old red text at the log in page. again i went to the irc channel and had to wait for hours for some staff member to hurl insults at me and tell me what a piece of shit i am. and yet i was ideal member. i dont know what else i could have done to show them that i have repented. i dont know how they found out it was me either. i might have logged in on my old laptop whose browser cache i had not cleared.

fortunately my good friend who had invited me the 2nd time was able to talk them into getting his account unbanned. but this is ridiculous. i had no intention WHATSOEVER of breaking any rule. i was devastated enough when i lost my first account. and now im out another $200 in albums that i bought to give to the community.

this is by no means over. music is my passion and what.cd is the motherlode. i will move to a new house and build a new computer if thats what it takes. i learned my lesson the first time but im not just going away and im not going to settle for a crappier music tracker. ill spend another $200 on albums to upload if i have to. rant over

killercam101
12-24-2009, 02:57 AM
No one here is going to stop you [as if we could].

WhoopDeDoo
12-24-2009, 02:57 AM
Waffles > What.cd in my opinion. Stop being a nerd and move on. Join a new tracker and start over, you fucked up at your beloved What chances.

7th
12-24-2009, 03:01 AM
ah and people say bad things about bitme staff... humpf

if all that's true, I really really hope you find your way to get inside what.cd again...

LubTheStaringCat
12-24-2009, 03:02 AM
Try Waffles.fm, I've been there since they started and never had any problems.
I have a What.CD account but I hardly ever use It, I use Waffles to download music among others.

good luck tho m8.

Blackbeard
12-24-2009, 03:05 AM
They don't deserve you if their just gonna ban you like that, I'd stop buying albums to upload there for them, again they don't deserve you move on to another tracker like waffles if their as strict then try stmusic/scenesound or something.

placebocrazy
12-24-2009, 03:08 AM
scenesound is open now, so take a try there!

7th
12-24-2009, 03:10 AM
well, I'm definitely not into musics so I don't know about the differences between what.cd and waffles other than that waffles should look more like oink (I had an oink acc)... again, I'm not sure about that...

anyway, I think you should give Waffles a try and I'm sure you'll find good people here willing to help you get there...

centuryfog
12-24-2009, 03:10 AM
i havent ever used waffles but i liked alot of the features that they have on what.cd. i might have to try it out.

i just cant get over the hard-on the staff seemed to have with me there. obviously you dont know me nor can you judge my character from just internet text, but seriously... i got it. i had no intention of breaking a rule and im treated like a criminal even though i had broken no rules in the 2 months since i got my new account. where is whatman when you need him.

ca_aok
12-24-2009, 03:24 AM
i had no intention of breaking a rule and im treated like a criminal even though i had broken no rules in the 2 months since i got my new account. where is whatman when you need him.

Do not defy the expressed wishes of the staff.
Access to this website is a privilege, not a right, and it can be taken away from you for any reason.
Staff decisions are final. Arguing about our decisions is hazardous for your account.
One account per person per lifetime. Anyone creating additional accounts will be banned.

Stating the obvious for the win?

centuryfog
12-24-2009, 03:28 AM
there is no honor among thieves

Tv Controls you
12-24-2009, 03:36 AM
I have had a terrible experience with what staff members.

They purposely try to kick you I think.

I am a waffles man now, and I tell you what (no pun intended)....
I will never go back to that tracker. They are so full of themselves over there.

If they wanted to kick me its obvious they don't value good members.
I walked needless to say.

To Op:
Try to get into waffles and you will be treated with respect.
The community is 10x better, and more friendly.

centuryfog
12-24-2009, 03:46 AM
what.cd has more torrents but how is the quality of waffles. i was on stmusic a year or so ago and it was crap. its only going to be what or waffles for me.

Tv Controls you
12-24-2009, 04:28 AM
what.cd has more torrents but how is the quality of waffles. i was on stmusic a year or so ago and it was crap. its only going to be what or waffles for me.

What's layout, gazelle base, is a bit easier to use and quite good for browsing. It links you to other artists and such

Waffles has a heavily modified layout that is really nice, and easy to get use to. Also everything I have ever needed has been on waffles (in flac may I add).

Few things waffles has over what.cd:
1) Waffle iron approved cd's

This is basically a confirmation that the file is correct and is usually a 99%+ Exact audio copy. This is a double check to insure that the file you download is absolutely the best.
What.cd has strict rules to keep files at top quality, but waffles takes it to the next level.

2) Waffles has a better community

The community is very helpful with any matter you may have at all. There always doing something their to help out the community. For example they are offering points for your account if you show proof that you donated to needy children in your local community.
Also they have plenty of contests that just make you feel like your part of the community. Such as make a gingerbread house out of waffles, which tons of members enjoy doing and discussing.

3) More torrents?

Alot of those extra torrents are audiobooks, comics, and etc. Waffles in no way lacks of files, trust me

apextwin146
12-24-2009, 05:06 AM
its very rare for waffles to have a free leech .. I have seldom heard of it .. hence its easier to build a ratio in What.cd .. Content mostly remains the same

sez
12-24-2009, 05:22 AM
Why steal if you can buy

Detale
12-24-2009, 05:51 AM
Well To be totally honest I have found the staff at What to be some of the better staff out there. In better I mean most reasonable. I also haven't dealt with many of them since I stopped being a MOD so things could have changed.

Now you shouldn't have changed your IP and gone the sneak in route, for this you were wrong. What you should have done is waited a while and asked them if you could be let back in. Chances are they would have let you. Even something simple like posting here saying that it's been a while and if anyone knew any staff there. I know if i would have seen a post i would have spoken on your behalf myself.

Posting a thread like this though will only hurt your situation as I am pretty sure if you calm down and be patient there is STILL a slight possibility you could even get back in.

IMO What is the most thorough music tracker out there. They have EVERYTHING. The staff there I still believe to be reasonable so relax a bit and maybe you'll get it back. PM me your story and I'll see if maybe I can help, but you will NEED to calm down.

There are other music trackers out there to hang on to in the time being.

fox92
12-24-2009, 05:53 AM
I have never been a supporter of what.cd's "one account per lifetime" rule. It's ridicolous and the reasonbeing, because of the situation the OP is in.

@OP I would also recommend you to join waffles.fm. It is a close alternative to what.cd

ca_aok
12-24-2009, 06:24 AM
I have never been a supporter of what.cd's "one account per lifetime" rule. It's ridicolous and the reasonbeing, because of the situation the OP is in.

@OP I would also recommend you to join waffles.fm. It is a close alternative to what.cd
Most trackers have this rule. It's very simple. Don't do something stupid, and you get to keep your account!

I've always found their staff to be fairly reasonable, as long as you are up front and HONEST. When you change your IP and create a duplicate account, then try and lie about it to the staff, and finally posting a whining rant on a public forum it's pathetic, and isn't exactly helping your case as to why they should keep you on their site in the first place.

And as for content, What has as many unique albums as Waffles does total torrents. 'Nuff said.

killour
12-24-2009, 06:39 AM
And as for content, What has as many unique albums as Waffles does total torrents. 'Nuff said.

If his story is real, than thanks to him as well that what has those unique albums !

After spending 200$ for a torrent tracker you should ...... all day long ! And yes , what should of been more resonable with the person who makes what so unique !

centuryfog
12-24-2009, 06:45 AM
well i was just on irc with one of the admins trying to convince them to let me back on. in the end she basically said no and i told her that im going to get back into what.cd with or without her permission, if i have to move and buy another computer i WILL be back in what.cd. she promptly kicked me from irc. the thing is, just as much as the record and movie industry cant stop pirating, a private tracker is not going to be able to screen every single member that comes through. so rules like 1 account per lifetime has little affect. i figured out how i got caught and ill be sure not to do that next time. ill give it a month before im back in. this elitist attitude of some of these private trackers is silly and pointless. you are fucking thieves, get off your tower

what would be even better would be if i took an interview and got invited that way. if i really felt that i did something to harm the what.cd community then i would take it and go somewhere else. but i honestly havent. all the contribution i gave them over the years is thrown out the window because 1 person i invited tried to cheat their ratio?

cinephilia
12-24-2009, 06:47 AM
invite sent

Tv Controls you
12-24-2009, 07:09 AM
you are fucking thieves, get off your tower

lol I'm not a fucking theif, I am a pirate :P

Also they will search to the ends of the world to find you trust me, especially since you made bad relations with the mods.
I've heard stories were they banned people because they uploaded similar files, and found out that the ip was really spoofed.

They "go hard" to ban people

nucks2424
12-24-2009, 07:10 AM
jeez enough of the drama queen stuff. You already must have thousands of songs and any new song can be snagged other places. Its a torrent site. Get off your ass and maybe go volunteer at a soup kitchen or something. Put your energy to something positive. Saying you will keep breaking there rules just makes u a desperate hacker.

I got booted out of pretome for nothing that I did on purpose , but they gave me the boot. I don't keep trying to hack my way in. I moved on and joined another site.

U are really going to convince someone to think your way by threatening them by breaking the rules again. Hope u get banned again

RD22S
12-24-2009, 07:56 AM
after reading the entire thread all i can say is... staff made the right decision. Even if you would have spend 1000$/month... Good riddance!

awaited
12-24-2009, 08:31 AM
Well, its sad whatever happened with you. All I can suggest that try getting into waffles. It is close to what content wise, But there community is great. I never really needed to deal with any of the staff at what, but waffles has a "cool" staff.
And also I wouldn't blame what's staff either, they have to deal with hundreds if not thousands of users inspite of their important site tasks and rl. It is really hard to distinguish between an actual bad user or a user whose intentions weren't bad but consequences turned out unexpected.

and yeah, we cannot stop you from getting a brand new ip and getting in what(neither staff can keep a close watch). But again isn't it the same cycle all over again?
so why don't you get in waffles, enjoy there and as Detale has said, talk to what's staff afterwards, you never know.

Edit: Forgot to mention, Take a chill pill

centuryfog
12-24-2009, 08:41 AM
I got booted out of pretome for nothing that I did on purpose , but they gave me the boot. I don't keep trying to hack my way in. I moved on and joined another site.

U are really going to convince someone to think your way by threatening them by breaking the rules again. Hope u get banned again

now to me that just seems like giving up. doesnt it seem unfair that you got banned for something you didnt do?

also i dont want you to think i just went in there guns blazing. i tried to be as reasonable with them as i could. i asked to have invite priveledges taken away, or a demotion, or some kind of other punishement to make them see that hey, maybe it was just a laspe of judgement and this person is a good addition to the community, which i can be. but they were unreasonable with me and thats what i find so irritating. loosen up. its pirating. it doesnt seem like that big of a deal to me.

philau
12-24-2009, 08:47 AM
I feel you. lesson learned again. move on, and see you in What soon.

NightOath
12-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Let's set the scene in the disabled channel for a second shall we? We'll assume for a moment that this isn't a clear case of a dupe account of a trader.

The topic in the channel has, amongst other things, contains the following:

Be polite, but most of all be honest.

We already know the truth, and lying will guarantee you a ban.

So, knowing this, you'd surely come in with a view to telling us how sorry you were, how you'd tried to make a fresh start, how you just wanted to be a part of the site right?
But for some reason you came in and told us a very nice story about how you bought a laptop from a friend that invited some cheaters and that you didn't wipe it and that somehow made us disable you...
We end the interview with you saying:

im getting back in with or without your permission, if i have to move and get a new computer. i WILL be back in what.cd
Are you honestly surprised that this got you banned from the network? You clearly have no intention of discussing anything any more so the conversation was over.

i had no intention WHATSOEVER of breaking any rule
I find that particularly interesting as it took ca_aok very little effort to list 4 rules that you've shown complete disregard for, maybe what you meant to say was something like "I had no intention of breaking any rule that I didn't feel like breaking".

for some staff member to hurl insults at me and tell me what a piece of shit i am
Now that hurts, we're nice people and we always try and be polite, I'll check the logs for you, I'd hate to think our mods were being rude:
Uses of the word shit: What.CD Staff - 0. You - 4.
Uses of the word douche: What.CD Staff - 0. You - 1.
Lines containing blatant lies: What.CD Staff - 0. You - 20+. (Mostly pertaining to your friends laptop, including his full name and yours)

Uses of the word sorry: What.CD Staff - 1. You - 0. (Particularly interesting, when you're the one in the wrong).

The interview lasted for 40 minutes and you were given many chances to admit what you've done.

Shortly after we disabled you, we were contacted by bitme staff informing us of your futile attempts to get a new account there. After posting that you wanted to trade what's invites for bitme, then getting disabled, you then went to their IRC to get an old account back (After you tried to trade for a new one) and oddly enough, they didn't feel like giving it you back.

I think it's quite clear that we were very patient with you, gave you every chance to come clean and given all of this I find it's clear that, once again, we made the right decision.

Burnsy
12-24-2009, 04:05 PM
pwned...

cinephilia
12-24-2009, 04:18 PM
ouch!

i'd keep a low profile if i were you lol.

IdolEyes787
12-24-2009, 04:39 PM
IdolEyes wonders if centuryfog will complain about douche staff unfairly disabling his dupe accounts here?

cap87
12-24-2009, 05:18 PM
http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/cool_story_bro.jpg

Heroo
12-24-2009, 05:24 PM
whatthefuck.cd

nice topic title

7th
12-24-2009, 05:29 PM
well, seems we have another totally different way to view things here... as I always say, the OP was NOT in the position to argue about anything but...

I do not doubt he'll be back to what.cd but he should move on since he's not welcome there anymore...

and he tried to mess with bitme too? :angry:

invite sent

so "what" now cine?
invite unsent? :huh:

brightsid
12-24-2009, 05:54 PM
That why I like FST. There is always a good story here.

Benjamin
12-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Hey centuryfrog, I know what you mean, the what.cd staff are the most incompetent and unreasonable group of people I have ever met. You got your own account disabled by logging in on your laptop, their script analyzes your cookies and you obviously had an old one on your laptop.

If you want to rejoin again, make sure you

-Change your IP completely
-Clear all cookies, cache, history
-Install NoScript, block the what.cd script
-Reinstall your torrent client (resets peer ID)
-Change your client port

Hope this helps. You're not the only one who has been unfairly banned by the staff there.

anon
12-24-2009, 06:02 PM
-Reinstall your torrent client (resets peer ID)

Normally restarting it should be enough :P

nucks2424
12-24-2009, 06:19 PM
So centuryfrog to me is basically the exact person u don't want on your site. I am guessing he's about 18 (would be the only excuse) and he whines,cries and cheats when he doesn't get his way. He breaks the rules and is rude.

So why would anyone want to help this guy dupe what ( and do u think he is a good member of any site he is on) again.

i can't stand that whatcd has so few freeleech. It pisses me off that they don't give access to a lot of freeleech yet they let u hit n run as often as u like. I might hate that rule but its there site and if I want to maintain an account there I have to scrounge a bit to keep up my ratio.

THis guy must be one of those valued hdbits members that keeps the site thriving. Wouldn't want to let him loose with his invite.

Tv Controls you
12-24-2009, 06:48 PM
I just joined the irc to get a glimpse of why they are so unreasonable.

They wouldn't even look at my disabled account lol.

They asked me why are you here, and then said your not getting back into what.cd

I simply said happy holidays and left lol.

megabyteme
12-24-2009, 06:52 PM
You have to admit, TVCY, that you do have a bit of a reputation right now...:D

Tv Controls you
12-24-2009, 06:58 PM
You have to admit, TVCY, that you do have a bit of a reputation right now...:D

Lol thanks, The second I get my disabled privileges removed I will be gaining alot of rep :P. My main forum used to be the giveaway and invite forum.
But I have been hanging around the lounge and general BT chat lol.

Also I added you to my friends list I think, there is some weird accept screen for DPed members, that looks very odd.

That1Guy
12-24-2009, 07:04 PM
its pirating. it doesnt seem like that big of a deal to me. You should take your own advise instead of this "I will get back in, no matter what you do" attitude :whistling

Tv Controls you
12-24-2009, 07:07 PM
its pirating. it doesnt seem like that big of a deal to me. You should take your own advise instead of this "I will get back in, no matter what you do" attitude :whistling

Its true, I coped the same attitude towards them, and trust me they will never forgive you.

You didn't make a mistake untill you made that sappy remark before you left the irc (which i can not blame you for as I did it myself)
They drive you to the point where you almost have to respond in such a manner, because there ethics are so unreasonable, and it seems as if everything you say is not even being listened to.

Its Christmas though, go in and apologize for what you said. Two wrongs don't make a right. Even if they don't take you back, you will be doing the right thing.

Happy holidays.

n0nam3
12-24-2009, 08:02 PM
TvContorlsyou is really a funny person.

Should I call you Joe or wavefront1 or Nuke0063 or tvcontrolsyou... I probably missed some of your accounts.
You know exactly why we refused to enable you and what you said to one of the mods. I won't repeat that because it's a lot of ugly words and swearing.

We give a second chance to many people every day, if they are honest, polite and don't play games with us.
But keep embarrassing yourself. This thread is really entertaining :-)

megabyteme
12-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Also I added you to my friends list I think, there is some weird accept screen for DPed members, that looks very odd.

Glad you got my request, TVCY. I'm happy the system lets "people like you" (DP'd) have friends. :D

Detale
12-24-2009, 09:18 PM
well i was just on irc with one of the admins trying to convince them to let me back on. in the end she basically said no and i told her that im going to get back into what.cd with or without her permission, if i have to move and buy another computer i WILL be back in what.cd. she promptly kicked me from irc. the thing is, just as much as the record and movie industry cant stop pirating, a private tracker is not going to be able to screen every single member that comes through. so rules like 1 account per lifetime has little affect. i figured out how i got caught and ill be sure not to do that next time. ill give it a month before im back in. this elitist attitude of some of these private trackers is silly and pointless. you are fucking thieves, get off your tower

what would be even better would be if i took an interview and got invited that way. if i really felt that i did something to harm the what.cd community then i would take it and go somewhere else. but i honestly havent. all the contribution i gave them over the years is thrown out the window because 1 person i invited tried to cheat their ratio?

WOW so you really are an idiot aren't you. Maybe you missed my post, fine. I resend my offer completely and any future help I may have provided. You seem to have this false sense of entitlement about you and it's fucked up.

Who exactly do you think you are? They OBVIOUSLY were more than fair with you. YOU CHEATED, YOU LIED and now you're looking for what with this thread? NightOath was a perfectly polite coming here soley to counter your bullshit. Keep in mind it didn't have to be done. Now you threaten them with sneaking in again are you mental? Personally I would send links to this thread and make sure other sites get your info to show what kind of person/member you are.

You have shown more here in this thread about your charachter than you could have possibly done in however long you "helped" the site. Keep your money, keep your uploads. You are a loser and I hope you get banned from all your sites.

Let's set the scene in the disabled channel for a second shall we? We'll assume for a moment that this isn't a clear case of a dupe account of a trader.

The topic in the channel has, amongst other things, contains the following:

We already know the truth, and lying will guarantee you a ban.So, knowing this, you'd surely come in with a view to telling us how sorry you were, how you'd tried to make a fresh start, how you just wanted to be a part of the site right?
But for some reason you came in and told us a very nice story about how you bought a laptop from a friend that invited some cheaters and that you didn't wipe it and that somehow made us disable you...
We end the interview with you saying:

im getting back in with or without your permission, if i have to move and get a new computer. i WILL be back in what.cdAre you honestly surprised that this got you banned from the network? You clearly have no intention of discussing anything any more so the conversation was over.

i had no intention WHATSOEVER of breaking any ruleI find that particularly interesting as it took ca_aok very little effort to list 4 rules that you've shown complete disregard for, maybe what you meant to say was something like "I had no intention of breaking any rule that I didn't feel like breaking".

for some staff member to hurl insults at me and tell me what a piece of shit i amNow that hurts, we're nice people and we always try and be polite, I'll check the logs for you, I'd hate to think our mods were being rude:
Uses of the word shit: What.CD Staff - 0. You - 4.
Uses of the word douche: What.CD Staff - 0. You - 1.
Lines containing blatant lies: What.CD Staff - 0. You - 20+. (Mostly pertaining to your friends laptop, including his full name and yours)

Uses of the word sorry: What.CD Staff - 1. You - 0. (Particularly interesting, when you're the one in the wrong).

The interview lasted for 40 minutes and you were given many chances to admit what you've done.

Shortly after we disabled you, we were contacted by bitme staff informing us of your futile attempts to get a new account there. After posting that you wanted to trade what's invites for bitme, then getting disabled, you then went to their IRC to get an old account back (After you tried to trade for a new one) and oddly enough, they didn't feel like giving it you back.

I think it's quite clear that we were very patient with you, gave you every chance to come clean and given all of this I find it's clear that, once again, we made the right decision.

I'd just like to thank you for coming here and answering this moron. I'm sure you are busy with stuff on your site. The guy is obviously unreasonable and beyond reproach. He is not the average FST user as I'm sure you know but unfortunatly people like this sneak in here as well. (dupe accts and such)

Have a good holiday to you and What. Thanks again.

The_Martinator
12-24-2009, 09:26 PM
Oh my! You are a special case indeed. I've always wondered how some people seem to have issues with staffs. If you use common sense and are polite (like you would be in RL when approaching someone for help) very little can go wrong.

I especially like the stats part. Usually stats can lie. I think here they're obvious.

Benjamin
12-24-2009, 09:41 PM
We give a second chance to many people every day, if they are honest, polite and don't play games with us.

No, you don't respect the way normal human beings interact, you are antisocial people who expect everyone to get on their knees and bow just because you have the power to ban someone. Not only that but you're not even informed on the rules you enforce.
You're like a gay cop who hunts down young men with weed and forces them to suck his dick to avoid jail.

Tv Controls you
12-24-2009, 09:46 PM
TvContorlsyou is really a funny person.

Should I call you Joe or wavefront1 or Nuke0063 or tvcontrolsyou... I probably missed some of your accounts.
You know exactly why we refused to enable you and what you said to one of the mods. I won't repeat that because it's a lot of ugly words and swearing.

I fully accept the disabled account now(over a year), because what I said to the staff there was wrong and immature. The reason I said those things was because I was never given a correct evaluation in the first place.
Although it was no reason for me to lash out on your staff, I should have been the bigger man and just left. I'm truly sorry as I tried to convey today in the irc. Although it appears as my apology was a joke....

I disagree with my initial ban, which is why I have gone my separate ways, although I do not wish to argue about it as its Christmas and I am happy at my current music tracker.

n0nam3
12-24-2009, 10:21 PM
I disagree with my initial ban, which is why I have gone my separate ways, although I do not wish to argue about it as its Christmas and I am happy at my current music tracker.

Sorry, we should've coded Ratio Watch to make exception for your account only :-)

But I'll leave you kids to keep comforting each other.
We bothered to come here and reply only because we hope others won't follow the steps of these 2 whiners.

My advice, be honest and don't make dupe accounts. We are ruthless to liars but very forgiving to people who made an honest mistake and promise to respect the rules in future.
If you come on IRC after making too many accounts like TvControlsyou, it will be too late and then don't expect any favors from us.
Also, don't cheat, trade or sell invites and you will never have any problems with staff.

Merry Christmas

Tv Controls you
12-24-2009, 10:36 PM

Sorry, we should've coded Ratio Watch to make exception for your account only :-)

But I'll leave you kids to keep comforting each other.
We bothered to come here and reply only because we hope others won't follow the steps of these 2 whiners.

My advice, be honest and don't make dupe accounts. We are ruthless to liars but very forgiving to people who made an honest mistake and promise to respect the rules in future.
If you come on IRC after making too many accounts like TvControlsyou, it will be too late and then don't expect any favors from us.
Also, don't cheat, trade or sell invites and you will never have any problems with staff.

Merry Christmas

All the information you listed is false. But its written in stone I'm assuming as it is always thrown at me.

I was not banned for ratio watch, I was framed with that for no reason. I was really banned for inviting a blacklisted member(or so i believe, I don't even know) or maybe loging in from the same ip as a blacklisted member(at my workplace).
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1236/ratios.png

I refuse to argue, I'm not going to ruin my holiday through fighting. I'm leaving this thread.

centuryfog
12-24-2009, 11:13 PM
you know the first time i talked to them in the irc channel with ted maul i was perfectly honest about everything. i did not lie a single time and i was apologetic and remorseful and it did absolutely nothing for me. i asked to have my invites taken away which was the original cause of the problem and that did not stop them from insulting and sending me on my way. its like a police interrogation, they try and trip you up with every word. so yeah i did go the honest route and my account was still banned.

all of this is pointless though. you think im such a loser and a low character for not following rules of a pirating site. so what does that say about you? why is it you get to pick and choose what rules to follow and then point fingers at me? i remember a rule. dont obtain copyrighted material without paying which if i can remember correctly is a much more serious offence than sneaking back in to a pirating website. so dont point your fucking fingers at me.

furthermore, if i was trying to make a point its this. dont act so high and mighty. and dont feel so special since i got a ban. like i said before i had no intention of trading any invites ever again. i did have every intention of being part of the community and uploading music that i paid for and someday i will again. obviously im not going to broadcast it and if i needed to i can walk to at least 5 friends places with accounts and get whatever i needed. like ive said over and over, there was no possible way i was going to do anything remotely questionable with my account. if thats not good enough for you then so be it.

lastly yes. i do apologize to the irc moderators. i did not insult them or curse at them in my interview. yeah i lied, cause i know how unreasonable they are. why tell the truth and get banned when i can lie and have a fighting chance? but seriously. i do apologize. i did over react. this christmas season has been a string of bad luck and waking up to that was icing on the cake.

Detale
12-24-2009, 11:28 PM
I have to say reading this thread further I am dumbstruck. You guys are being real a55holes to the staff that are visiting us. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of site staff out there who are completely unreasonable, assholes with a god complex but the staff from What are really decent. I have an issues with BMTV staff for this reason but thats another thread from a long time ago.

You have to keep in mind they are providing you a place to trade music. When you have broken their rules they can do as they wish. The fact that they will give most people another chance is showing their grace. You are NOT owed anything by them so don't act like you are.

Benjamin
12-24-2009, 11:31 PM
Also, don't cheat, trade or sell invites come into the help channel and you will never have any problems with staff.

Merry Christmas

:santa::santa::santa:

Xaravir
12-25-2009, 12:07 AM
lastly yes. i do apologize to the irc moderators. i did not insult them or curse at them in my interview. yeah i lied, cause i know how unreasonable they are. why tell the truth and get banned when i can lie and have a fighting chance? but seriously. i do apologize. i did over react. this christmas season has been a string of bad luck and waking up to that was icing on the cake.Had you not lied, the moderator who was interviewing you would have enabled your account with certain restrictions. She thought that your inviter was genuinely telling the truth when he said that he sent invites to two different people; a Brian and a Michael. Since your story was so darn fishy, it was obvious that you were lying and it's now obvious that your inviter was lying. Moderators don't like liars, thus both of you are now banned.

That's all I have to say for this matter.

MadIrish
12-25-2009, 12:52 AM
You're like a gay cop who hunts down young men with weed and forces them to suck his dick to avoid jail.

Eh wot?

Well that analogy shows exactly where your mentality's at :whistling

My advice, be honest and don't make dupe accounts

Its amazing really how hard it is to have issues with staff on any torrent tracker if you stick to their rather simple rules.

Same that seems such a hard concept for some people to grasp.

I have to say reading this thread further I am dumbstruck. You guys are being real a55holes to the staff that are visiting us. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of site staff out there who are completely unreasonable, assholes with a god complex but the staff from What are really decent. I have an issues with BMTV staff for this reason but thats another thread from a long time ago.

You have to keep in mind they are providing you a place to trade music. When you have broken their rules they can do as they wish. The fact that they will give most people another chance is showing their grace. You are NOT owed anything by them so don't act like you are.

Absolutely right :yup:

centuryfog
12-25-2009, 01:40 AM
Had you not lied, the moderator who was interviewing you would have enabled your account with certain restrictions. She thought that your inviter was genuinely telling the truth when he said that he sent invites to two different people; a Brian and a Michael. Since your story was so darn fishy, it was obvious that you were lying and it's now obvious that your inviter was lying. Moderators don't like liars, thus both of you are now banned.

That's all I have to say for this matter.

i stand by my logic. like i said it wont take that long to get another account and my first invite will go to my friend who stood by me and lied for me.

in the meantime why dont we just make friends?

Tokeman
12-25-2009, 02:11 AM
My experience getting my account re-enabled at what was very plesent. The few people before me also had good experiences as well. The truth is always the best route. You lied, got caught. Move on and learn from it, instead of defending what was obviously a bad choice.

Tv Controls you
12-25-2009, 02:26 AM
i stand by my logic. like i said it wont take that long to get another account and my first invite will go to my friend who stood by me and lied for me.

in the meantime why dont we just make friends?

There going to figure out its you again and ban you again.
Then the person who invited you gets banned, and everyone you invited gets banned.

Its not worth it, they don't want you at their tracker.
Respect their wishes and move on. Try and get into waffles (its alot harder to get into) you will be pleasantly surprised.

Benjamin
12-25-2009, 02:57 AM
Its amazing really how hard it is to have issues with staff on any torrent tracker if you stick to their rather simple rules.

Hate to break your bubble, but there are people who follow all the rules on what.cd and still get banned, the staff are notorious for being awful in every aspect of the job. I can sit here and list people who were warned/banned for no reason most of which were audiophiles but what good would that do?
You can keep believing the bullshit the staff came here to preach.

awaited
12-25-2009, 02:58 AM
I am beginning to think that what staff made the best 'possible' decision

ca_aok
12-25-2009, 03:55 AM
I am beginning to think that what staff made the best 'possible' decision
Based on the amazing arguments and personalities of the whiners in this thread, I'm inclined to agree.

Detale
12-25-2009, 04:38 AM

Hate to break your bubble, but there are people who follow all the rules on what.cd and still get banned, the staff are notorious for being awful in every aspect of the job. I can sit here and list people who were warned/banned for no reason most of which were audiophiles but what good would that do?

I've had just about enough of you too bud. A story without proof is just that A STORY. Enough belly aching already. I'm sure if you opened your own threa the truth would come to light and not in your favor either. I am not staff and I said they were one of the more reasonable from the beginning. I'm sure they ar not perfect but who here is? They did come here, very politely I may add, and tried to explain. They were right, he was wrong-FACT. If you feel you were unjustly treated OPEN YOUR OWN THREAD and explain why. Otherwise shut it already. Thanks and merry Christmas:01:

Benjamin
12-25-2009, 05:39 AM

I've had just about enough of you too bud. A story without proof is just that A STORY. Enough belly aching already. I'm sure if you opened your own threa the truth would come to light and not in your favor either. I am not staff and I said they were one of the more reasonable from the beginning. I'm sure they ar not perfect but who here is? They did come here, very politely I may add, and tried to explain. They were right, he was wrong-FACT. If you feel you were unjustly treated OPEN YOUR OWN THREAD and explain why. Otherwise shut it already. Thanks and merry Christmas:01:

I did open a thread but a friend convinced me to delete it. Just open your eyes and look around you, If I tell you my story it won't make you any less ignorant. Merry Christmas :santa:

pone44
12-25-2009, 05:56 AM
Op you had 2 strikes already on a site that allows 1 account per lifetime. No matter your story. I don't know why you did not go to IRC then and try to explain whatever happened the 1st time you were banned. Sneaking back in the site and this whatthef*ck thread,whining about it in public,yapping about how you will sneak in again. That is disrespectful. Move along.

padutch
12-25-2009, 06:18 AM
I just joined the irc to get a glimpse of why they are so unreasonable.

They wouldn't even look at my disabled account lol.Did you expect a warm welcome?

The last time you visited our IRC you told a moderator to "go stick a dick up your ass", among other things.

Even after saying such things you were treated with respect when you came back. That's far more than you gave us.

xJohnxSmithx
12-25-2009, 06:23 AM
this is by no means over. music is my passion and what.cd is the motherlode. i will move to a new house and build a new computer if thats what it takes. i learned my lesson the first time but im not just going away and im not going to settle for a crappier music tracker. ill spend another $200 on albums to upload if i have to. rant over

ROFLMFAO, that's precious. Moving to a new house would work :P

PUBLICENEMY
12-25-2009, 08:54 AM
So centuryfrog to me is basically the exact person u don't want on your site. I am guessing he's about 18 (would be the only excuse) and he whines,cries and cheats when he doesn't get his way. He breaks the rules and is rude.

Amazingly correct description.
And a very entertaining thread by the way.

centuryfog
12-25-2009, 09:20 AM
And a very entertaining thread by the way.

im glad i could be of service

cinephilia
12-25-2009, 12:39 PM
take it easy Detale, that's just the internet.

alpharomiyo
12-25-2009, 12:50 PM
happened to me at torrentbytes :(

was uploading using seedbox.

though their staff was gud

long b4 they banned my entire country IP's

really miss Torrentbytes :cry:

it was my first private tracker

n even today I will rate it higher than most of my other trackers

NightOath
12-25-2009, 02:49 PM
you think im such a loser and a low character for not following rules of a pirating site

For the last time I'm going to clarify that we've never called you names or expressed opinions about your character.
Yes, I even looked back at your original interview as well and though it seems to have pleased the thread reader, I can't be bothered to generate more stats. Let me just quote a few things for you (I've replaced irrelevant chat with "..."):

< century> i had invited a few people, 2 of them i did know persoanlly and a few were from trades on sites
<@TedMaul> century you need to tell us EVERYONE who you invited through trades
01:24 < century> ok
01:25 < century> everyone except the last person on my invite
01:25 < century> but honestly
01:25 < century> no
01:25 < century> i dont ever do this
01:25 < century> i had done it once way back in the oink days
01:26 <%Orbulon> You don't ever do this? But your entire invite tree was built on trades spanning from november 17 last year right through to yesterday?
01:26 < century> no no there were several people that i knew personally
01:26 <%Orbulon> Then why did you say everyone except the last person on your tree?
01:26 <%Orbulon> Unless you traded with these people you know personally as well?
01:26 < century> i was referring the past day
01:31 < century> but seriously i did this once just to get into bitme. im not a trader

So everyone in your tree you traded with except for two of them, but you knew one of them and this is the first time you'd ever traded except for that one time you did it with oink ...bu
t you're referring only to the past day..?

like i said before i had no intention of trading any invites ever again.
You were trying to trade what.cd invites for bitme two months ago. This isn't a long time.

Finally, I'll end with a quote a bitme staffer gave us from you 4 days ago:

hello. ive never had a bitme account but am interested in joining. i do web development and theres alot of info i know could be of use to me from that site. i have an account here and passthepopcorn both in good standings. i appreciate your generosity. cheers

I wonder why then yesterday you went to bitme's IRC to try and re-enable your old account? An odd thing to do for someone that's never had an account before...

I won't be checking this thread again, you seem to be incapable of talking without a ridiculous web of lies spouting from your mouth.

ca_aok
12-25-2009, 04:01 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/never_argue_with_idiots_they_will_bring_you_do_tshirt-p2353988820977265263sm2_400.jpg
Hopefully they pass your IP around to other site staff, I wouldn't blame them :D

NA_Magus
12-25-2009, 08:44 PM
There's always something fun to read every time I check back in.

I agree with the staff's decision.

centuryfog
12-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Hopefully they pass your IP around to other site staff, I wouldn't blame them :D

now why is that? ive never broken any rules on any of my trackers other than when i tried to get back into bitme using what invites, which i could try and explain why i didnt just get my old account but all of your opinions are made up about me anyway so its pointless but i had a reason.

how is that possibly fair to try and get me banned from all those other sites? i broke the rules at what and im no longer there, not my other trackers. why do you feel the need to be so spiteful and vindictive?

lol87
12-25-2009, 10:06 PM
happened to me at torrentbytes :(

was uploading using seedbox.

though their staff was gud

long b4 they banned my entire country IP's

really miss Torrentbytes :cry:

it was my first private tracker

n even today I will rate it higher than most of my other trackers

Your IP is only banned for 30 days. Afterwards, you're allowed to create a new username on Tby.

ca_aok
12-25-2009, 10:47 PM

now why is that? ive never broken any rules on any of my trackers other than when i tried to get back into bitme using what invites, which i could try and explain why i didnt just get my old account but all of your opinions are made up about me anyway so its pointless but i had a reason.

how is that possibly fair to try and get me banned from all those other sites? i broke the rules at what and im no longer there, not my other trackers. why do you feel the need to be so spiteful and vindictive?
You mean the traits you've demonstrated as you flamed staffers and told them to your face you're going to evade their ban?

You've demonstrated that you're a liar, trader, ban evader, and an inviter of cheaters. What would other sites want with you?

cinephilia
12-25-2009, 11:59 PM
Dude that pic!!!!

Exactly what i wanted to show to cabalo!

Thanks
i though you were cabalo :unsure:

centuryfog
12-26-2009, 12:24 AM
For the last time I'm going to clarify that we've never called you names or expressed opinions about your character.

well then let me specify. i was directing that towards people reading and commenting on this thread.

so not divert the attention from me but the more i think about it the issue i was trying to present was not the fact that boo hoo now im banned. but just like the american government outlawing marijuana, why make rules you can't enforce. the pirating community is the perfect example. just as many people as they have on their side (movie, music industry, etc) working to increase their security we have just as many people on our side putting in just as many hours trying to undermine it.

ive already talked to several people sympathetic to my cause, and again just as many people working to make private trackers secure, their counterparts are doing the same. whether or not i decide to go back to what.cd is yet to be seen. it really comes down to what side do you want to exist on? do you think that every single person thats ever been banned has just walked away and cut their losses? i would agree that some have, but most definitely not all.

to everyone who posts and says oh stop whining and crying, this is a forum is it not? isnt this a place to share ideas? no one asked you read, and furthermore no one asked you to post so if you dont like what i have to say then gtfo. still i dont understand this disconnect with some of you. yeah i lied to an admin but how does that make any of you better than me? technically you are still breaking the law. ask yourself, have you ever lied to an authority to get out of trouble? so dont throw stones.

think about this. why do you use torrents sites? why dont you just go out and buy all the content you download? some people would say they cant afford all that material and thats perfectly fine. im not going to judge you but some people would say thats just petty theft. do you do it because you disagree with the music and movie industry as a whole? thats more of a sophisticated ideological cause but its still a cause nonetheless. despite your disagreement with whatever industry, rules are rules and you are still breaking them. if you were in an RIAA forum trying to argue your point of view you'd be in the same position i am with the majority of people lining up on the opposite side of the issue. its just relative to your point of view. maybe i just disagree with the one account per lifetime rule. its doesnt matter what ethics or values of mine are involved. a rule is a rule and i broke it. some people agree with me and some dont. it just depends on your point of view. how does my breaking rules for my ideals make me any different. the only difference is in this situation i'm the atheist arguing with the congregation.

MadIrish
12-26-2009, 01:47 AM

I'd rather believe my own experience if that's ok - I've never broken a rule on what.cd, nor has anyone I know personally who is on there, and I've never been banned, nor have they. More to the point, in terms of the issue the OP raised in this thread (which was what i was commenting on), I can't myself find one bit of fault in their actions - he broke what they consider to be an important rule, was then rather rude about it, and lastly came on here acting (imo) like somehow they owed him something because he'd ripped a few cds. Personally I don't think they did, and find the attitude and explanations their staff have posted in this thread perfectly reasonable, I'd rather make my mind up based on that than any perceived "notoriety" which I've never seen any actual evidence of.

tjbzonasul
12-26-2009, 02:35 AM
Really, to be very very honest... This whole topic is senseless.
I agree with centuryfog that staff there is not very friendly. But hey, you can join other music trackers and be happy. Life goes on.. Deal with it and move on !!
No need for ideology. Torrent is illegal.

IdolEyes787
12-26-2009, 02:47 AM
to everyone who posts and says oh stop whining and crying, this is a forum is it not? isnt this a place to share ideas? no one asked you read, and furthermore no one asked you to post so if you dont like what i have to say then gtfo.

I guess then by your logic of "this being a forum" people then have the right to express they dissatisfaction with your complaining.

still i dont understand this disconnect with some of you. yeah i lied to an admin but how does that make any of you better than me?

Another guess but maybe because they never lied to administration? :unsure:

ca_aok
12-26-2009, 03:09 AM
Another guess but maybe because they never lied to administration? :unsure:
Sounds about right :)

I can't believe you have the audacity to compare your petty situation to the debate of piracy versus legal sales. Your situation would be like being sued by the RIAA for piracy, going right back to downloading, being sued again, and some passers by telling you to quit while you're behind before some other agencies (the other bittorent sites) sue you too. Then you tell them "lol I'm not gonna stop, they're never gonna catch me again!".

The ridiculousness of the above analogy should hint towards the fact that you shouldn't be using it ;)

As for the people "agreeing" with you, it's either trader scum like yourself, or other people gathering to whine about how the mean staff banned them. At the end of the day, who do you want to associate yourself with?

So yes, perhaps they can't stop you from changing your IP, however by giving it out to the other tracker staff on their site, they can get you banned and banned again. Or you can just call it quits, and try Waffles. What's it going to be?

Let me leave you with some of your own, amazing advice:

no one asked you read, and furthermore no one asked you to post so if you dont like what i have to say then gtfo.

bingoberingo
12-27-2009, 09:27 AM
I felt this thread warranted a comment from me.

At the end of the day, who do you want to associate yourself with?

People a mite less stuck-up than yourself, sir.

I have to say reading this thread further I am dumbstruck. You guys are being real a55holes to the staff that are visiting us.

We should indeed bow down before the mighty staff. No need to be respectful towards anyone else, though. There are no perks to be gained from being nice to people in general. Feel free, Detale, to insult whichever person you'd like respect from; I'm sure that ought to go your way.

You mean the traits you've demonstrated as you flamed staffers and told them to your face you're going to evade their ban?

You've demonstrated that you're a liar, trader, ban evader, and an inviter of cheaters. What would other sites want with you?

Every torrenting site, generally. Surely people who torrent lie, trade, evade bans and invite cheaters, as far as society is concerned. You're in no position to talk about someone else's character. None whatsoever. But alright. I'm happy you're a feel-good rule-abiding denizen of an illegal community. Just don't perch yourself too high when you speak of traits, as you do sound rather silly to anyone not so deep-set into your self-righteous torrenter's mentality.

Truly, someone who lies to unreasonable, patronizing staff of illicit sites (in the hopes of finding some crack through their sour, bureaucratic demeanor), or trades invites with strangers instead of getting invited for free by folks as unfamiliar, or evades bans for - get this - stealing from people who steal from other people, or worse yet, invites other people who do the stealing in question (through no particular fault of the inviter), is pure scum.

Perhaps this is such common wisdom to you nowadays that you never pause enough to think of it.

I also find the idea of taking offense at someone telling you how they intend to evade your ban preposterous. If anything, it's a nice compliment; it has to be a really good site if they feel that way. You should be flattered instead. Unless, of course, you don't really regard it as your site, and you merely enforce the rules.

And this "banned for life" outlook is really twisted. If stealing music is your idea of a bit of rebellion towards nonsensical laws, I don't see the point in setting up mini-societies with far more mind-numbing arbitrary bureaucratic guidelines than average life. Sure, it's not so hard to stick by them, and I do myself, yet at least that doesn't mean you need to bring up how "scum" aren't entitled to second chances in something as minor as site membership whenever they break one of the more flagrantly (albeit invisibly perhaps to you) far-fetched ones.

Really, "you're not entitled to anything" is one of those brutally dim-witted memes that float around whenever you forget there's an actual human being behind the other screen. They might be whiners from where you stand, but from where I stand you're not really very impressive yourself in your rough-and-tumble macho internet torrenting surroundings.

Relax, if you will.