PDA

View Full Version : need seedbox with root access around $30-60 per month

SalsaMan
12-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Hey guys,

I've spent a few hours browsing through topics on here, haven't really found anything that suits my needs that is available and has good recommendations.

What kinda seedbox I'm looking for:

$30-60 month (no setup fees)
Unlimited Traffic
Good speeds - at least 3 mb/s up
Root access - need to use winrar, etc
Good reviews/recommendations
Shared is fine, dedicated would be best

Thanks for all input, much appreciated

HDlover
12-24-2009, 10:56 PM
www.feralhosting.com

recommended

MBS
12-25-2009, 02:36 AM
http://ultraseeds.org/

L33cH
12-25-2009, 07:06 AM
you need OLD kimsufi L box you rare now try seedhost.net they have lot of them 38 euro for box

CiRCLE
12-26-2009, 12:51 AM
For a time i used a semi-dedicated in superseedbox, i think it was ok, but for the same price you can get a VPS, but you'll need to install wine, etc... nothing hard to do, search the tutorials in google.

Maybe the only way to have something really private, all the resellers are checking what you download and from where, obviosly they need to do it to make sure that you're not using public trackers.

SalsaMan
12-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Thanks for all the replies, I'll let you guys know which one I go with and what my experience is.

superseedbox.com is looking pretty good, they even state on their page that they have "UNRAR/RAR Function".

L33cH
12-26-2009, 09:09 PM
in wine(windows emulator) you can install any soft you want and not only winrar

SalsaMan
12-26-2009, 09:24 PM
in wine(windows emulator) you can install any soft you want and not only winrar

Thanks for the info, thats what I was thinking but wasn't sure.

CiRCLE
12-27-2009, 04:46 PM
superseedbox.com is looking pretty good, they even state on their page that they have "UNRAR/RAR Function".To be honest superseedbox is good yes, but they put 6 users and not 4 as they say, you'll see it when you execute winrar... you'll be able to browse all the server folders and you can even check what is inside the folders of the other users, not very safe... i'm sure that the other users are using winrar and other applications from where they can (if they want) access your files.

And never use fastsh.it if you want to use winrar, click here (http://forum.fastsh.it/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1291&hilit=winrar&start=25) and browse down... even a $45 VPS with 1350MB of ram is bad to unrar at fastsh.it :noes:

And read the reply from the administrator:
Mike: It's a seedbox, it's not meant to be your home PC with Windows applications installed. Why would you install WinRAR?

But this is what they have in the description of the VPS slices: Use it for webhosting, email, remote backup, seedbox... anything you want*

You can get decent rar/unrar speed at a shared celeron kimsufi... i don't know what they are doing but something is wrong... because in other seedboxes you can use winrar without problems.

andy1uk
12-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Yea am looking for a new unlimited server to...I've been using Xirvik for 3 months, i upload 400-600GIG a DAY, but unfortunately there now effected by this 3/6TB upload limit shit -___- so them days of 600gig are over...

SalsaMan
12-27-2009, 07:11 PM
superseedbox.com is looking pretty good, they even state on their page that they have "UNRAR/RAR Function".To be honest superseedbox is good yes, but they put 6 users and not 4 as they say, you'll see it when you execute winrar... you'll be able to browse all the server folders and you can even check what is inside the folders of the other users, not very safe... i'm sure that the other users are using winrar and other applications from where they can (if they want) access your files.

And never use fastsh.it if you want to use winrar, click here (http://forum.fastsh.it/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1291&hilit=winrar&start=25) and browse down... even a $45 VPS with 1350MB of ram is bad to unrar at fastsh.it :noes:

Mike: It's a seedbox, it's not meant to be your home PC with Windows applications installed. Why would you install WinRAR?

But this is what they have in the description of the VPS slices: Use it for webhosting, email, remote backup, seedbox... anything you want*

You can get decent rar/unrar speed at a shared celeron kimsufi... i don't know what they are doing but something is wrong... because in other seedboxes you can use winrar without problems.

Wow thanks for the info, yeah I've been reading through the forums at fastsh.it for the past couple days to check it out. TBH they are definitely not my first choice, the only thing that really appealed to me is that they have good customer service insofar as response times and the like.

I'd rather go with seedplace or seedhost or another reseller but those guys never have anything available decent that doesnt have a setup fee. I'm willing to pay more like 60 bucks a month, but I'm not paying another 60-80 for a setup fee as well. Especialyl when I only need it for a couple months too boost my ratio back up.

Yea am looking for a new unlimited server to...I've been using Xirvik for 3 months, i upload 400-600GIG a DAY, but unfortunately there now effected by this 3/6TB upload limit shit -___- so them days of 600gig are over...

Yeah I was just looking at Xirvik, only dedicated servers they have available are $64.95 and $74.95 a month. $64.95 plan is looking like the best deal right now for a dedicated server with root access and no setup fees.

400-600 gig a DAY? That's insane... It took me a week to get that with teh last seedbox I had. Oh, and whats this new upload limit you speak of? I could deal with 6TB upload limit no prob, 3 TB would be a problem though.

unoriginal
12-28-2009, 07:23 AM
A few months ago OVH placed an outgoing traffic limit of 3TB/mo on their Kimsufi line. After 3TB a 100mb line would get throttled down to 10mb for the rest of the month. That is why you see resellers saying that you can get the faster speed restored if you buy 2, 3 or whatever TB of traffic. But AFAIK the older Kimsufi don't suffer from this problem, just the newer ones. And internal OVH to OVH traffic doesn't count towards the 3TB only outbound traffic does.

Six66Mike
12-28-2009, 12:34 PM

As with the reply here - http://forum.fastsh.it/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1496

The reason those comments are made is because it makes very little sense to run a Windows rar application when you can simply use the built-in Linux tar/untar commands. They use less resources as does rtorrent vs uTorrent/wine which is why I try to get people to run rtorrent as much as possible.

You can still use WinRar if you want, there's no problem with it. Hell even on the shared s-lu plans you can install it via wine but Fastsh.it is not going to give any support for it at all. I've seen a number of people on the s-lu servers run WinRar and nobody has any complaints about it that I'm aware of, certainly no emails or forum posts about it.

It's also not a RAM issue if it runs slow but disk I/O. They are seedboxes, if the disks are heavily used any rar/unrar will run slower as the program competes for disk access.

So use WinRAR if you like, but linux has the same capability without needing to run wine & a Windows app :naughty:

SalsaMan
12-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Mike the main issue with your service from my perspective was not that winrar/rar will be easy or fast to use, but the availability of servers.

After browsing your forums for a couple days it's clear that the higher tier plans you have are more often than not sold out, and I'd personally rather pay more for a faster connection (ie less shared), and more cpu/ram available.

But for someone with lower requirements and a lower budget I'm sure your service will work fine for them.

greatseeder
12-28-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this.. but check here:
http://www.wjunction.com/showthread.php?t=20925

abosamer
12-28-2009, 10:41 PM

pretty good , but do u trust that source ?

greatseeder
12-28-2009, 10:57 PM
pretty good , but do u trust that source ?

If I didn't trust, than I didn't post it here. He's a respected member at wjunction. So you are on the safe side.

Six66Mike
12-29-2009, 01:34 AM
Mike the main issue with your service from my perspective was not that winrar/rar will be easy or fast to use, but the availability of servers.

After browsing your forums for a couple days it's clear that the higher tier plans you have are more often than not sold out, and I'd personally rather pay more for a faster connection (ie less shared), and more cpu/ram available.

But for someone with lower requirements and a lower budget I'm sure your service will work fine for them.

Yeah we haven't bought new servers in a long time because the new line from Server.lu is absolutely terrible and a whole bunch of other problems with them. We did have half a dozen 250gb VPS but those moved pretty quick, one person bought 4 :D

I'm still trying to find a new provider so we can get some new hardware but that's not working out so well. Might go back to OVH if I can find a reseller who doesn't want to raise prices 20% or more on retail value.

phauk
12-29-2009, 11:32 AM
why doens't superseedbox tell you how many users the plans are shared with?

it's all good to say 100Mb/s or 1Gbps connection, but I would like to know how many people share it, without lies :|

KnowinServers
12-29-2009, 12:43 PM
The Gbit is shared by 8 or 6 people depending on the plan.
The 100mbps ones are shared by 6 to 10 users max depending on your plan and cofiguration.

Six66Mike
12-29-2009, 01:44 PM
why doens't superseedbox tell you how many users the plans are shared with?

it's all good to say 100Mb/s or 1Gbps connection, but I would like to know how many people share it, without lies :|

You should be more concerned about how many hard drives rather than how fast the connection is when asking about how many users per box. 1gbit isn't going to mean anything if its 2 7200 RPM SATAII drives with 6+ users.

KnowinServers
12-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Yup the hard disk are 2 7200 RPM and to use SSD hard disk is not a problem but people should also afford it :P

SalsaMan
12-30-2009, 04:32 AM

Good find, however it is my understanding that all French kimsufi dedi servers recently started a 3tb monthly cap, so the unlimited bandwith could be in question.

oklahomasucks
01-06-2010, 10:51 PM
www.feralhosting.com

recommended

I would have agreed with you, BUT NOW THEY CAP BANDWIDTH! ITS HORRIBLE NOW! STAY AWAY!

seedboxservers
01-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Try seedboxservers.net.
We have own DC, own hardware, own network. We are a part of D2 Direct.

xirvflux
01-07-2010, 09:48 PM

Nah...Xirvik is still the place to be :-)

This traffic crap that is affecting most seedbox companies worldwide is caused by OVH changing rules in the middle of the game.

There are more datacenters in the world. If you still want to push that, just get a different model from us.

We deal with other datacenters, ones that give us better prices for volume and treat us and our customers with respect and loyalty. This is not the end of the world, obviously the OVH days are coming to and end in the seedbox scene, that's all.

dance4
01-09-2010, 11:23 AM

Nah...Xirvik is still the place to be :-)

This traffic crap that is affecting most seedbox companies worldwide is caused by OVH changing rules in the middle of the game.

There are more datacenters in the world. If you still want to push that, just get a different model from us.

We deal with other datacenters, ones that give us better prices for volume and treat us and our customers with respect and loyalty. This is not the end of the world, obviously the OVH days are coming to and end in the seedbox scene, that's all.

What you're writing is simply not true. Why are you blaming OVH? You have known they have had 3 TB limits since you started buying but you sold them as no limit. What's more your offer still informs it's no limit. You have just cheated your clients. I can see two options to solve the problem. Either you buy transfer to make it really unlimited or you refund money along with the set up fee.

NetBios
01-10-2010, 12:05 AM
You should go with nbhosting.eu (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/nbhosting.eu) :) - No hidden cost, and very nice and kind live support :)

Even msn support, [email protected]

hotstuff
01-11-2010, 11:10 PM
https://www.tzulo.com/

unoriginal
01-12-2010, 05:15 AM
https://www.tzulo.com/

Those are horrible prices for what they are offering.

L33cH
01-13-2010, 04:33 AM
Shared box 60Gb (10 Available)
Active Torrents: 5
FTP Access: Yes
VNC aAccess : Yes
Software: uTorrent(1.8.4)+webGUI
Customers on server: 4
Hard Disk: 60GB (Each customer)
Disk type: SATA2
SwitchPort: 100mbps
Traffic: Unlimited

€12.00 EUR Monthly

Shared box 105Gb (3 Available)
Active Torrents: 10
Customers on server: 2
Hard Disk: 105GB (Each customer)

€20.00 EUR Monthly

Shared box 250Gb (3 Available)
Active Torrents: Unlimited
Customers on server: 1
Hard Disk: 1x250GB

€38.00 EUR Monthly

TRY SEEDHOST.NET they open now new slots ;)