PDA

View Full Version : trackers notice ip changes

fatcat69
12-27-2009, 08:50 AM
ok this keeps happening and keeps us laughing over at a particular tracker...

You guys/gals do know that if you give away a account or trade it, the ip changes, and most trackers have scripts that alert staff when an ip on an account changes ...right?

Bc we have caught 3 traders in the past few days who were so upset that they were caught that one came into our support channel and asked if we would talk to the user he traded to so he could get back the 10 trackers he traded to get an fsc account.

I just think its hilarious how naive some of you are and just wanted to let some of the younger members know...we do see your ips and we do notice when accounts change ips and we do remove the account.

There are over 200 million torrent users in the world, do you really think we will miss you? ...nope. ;)

So say an account goes from europe to canada...hmm that couldnt have been traded :lol::lol: and the Banana ban hammer gets deployed...

Just an informative ramble brought to you by the one and only banana ;-)

Merry Christmas and Happy New year!

And dont forget to bring a towel!

lolwut
12-27-2009, 09:08 AM
:d

Blackbeard
12-27-2009, 09:11 AM
What if a person has a dynamic IP or changed isps?

bingoberingo
12-27-2009, 09:34 AM
There are over 200 million torrent users in the world, do you really think we will miss you? ...nope. ;)

You're one of them. I hope you're not just a statistic. When I see your post here, I hope you actually exist.

So say an account goes from europe to canada...

What about migrants?

Totti
12-27-2009, 09:50 AM
or has two houses?

awaited
12-27-2009, 10:46 AM
Once(few months back) I was travelling to another country(continent rather). I accessed all my tracker accounts, forums(including fst)from there and believe me that none except ptn banned or even warned me :idunno:(i got my account enabled again though). If you are interested, I can send you the list of trackers which I accessed from there, so that if there is a bug, it can be fixed(btw I can prove that It was actually me).

Swift
12-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Never had problems like this and I have dynamic ip's : IP HistoryThis user has earlier used 5 different IP addresses (http://appz.bitshock.org/iphistory.php?id=29294)

nextom
12-27-2009, 12:26 PM

didn't you read what he wrote or didn't you understand it? do you even know what a europe is?
thanks for the help fatcat, you have free candy too?

apextwin146
12-27-2009, 01:04 PM

didn't you read what he wrote or didn't you understand it? do you even know what a europe is?
are there more of it?

cap87
12-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Well for those who put problems with dynamic ips, 2 houses, ect... i usually access to my accounts in many different places (with dynamic ip's) and never had a problem with it.

So, if you are honest and don't break any rules, you'll be just fine. If you are not, well, sooner or later you will get caught. :happy:

Swax
12-27-2009, 01:46 PM
From my experience most trackers don't automatically alert Staff if the IP changes, otherwise this would be a nightmare for globetrotters or people with seedboxes in various countries.

However if the account is suspected of being traded then an IP change will obviously sway a member of staff's opinion.

IdolEyes787
12-27-2009, 01:48 PM
So say an account goes from europe to canada...

What about migrants?

In 2007, the time of the last census , Canada received 236,760 immigrants so actually the immigration and birth rates in Canada are very similar.

However I think the vast majority of FSC users would have the forethought to inform the staff about their relocation .;)

Except maybe for fatcat , frankly he's a little dense.:mellow:

Cabalo
12-27-2009, 03:44 PM
If you think that's a thrill, you should see our report section...

puckface
12-27-2009, 04:02 PM
You and your tracker are fucking brilliant, you musy have had a team of monkeys working on that around the clock to figure all that shit out. It must have been recent revelation because back in my trading days the "tracker" was traded right in front of my eyes about 5 different times, not to say all the trades I didn't see.

But alas, you're the smart ones.

Ewwwyourface
12-27-2009, 05:19 PM
lol bannana usually when u have these ip change scripts to catch traders u are protecting something good but wat are u protecting lmfao

anon
12-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Generally speaking, dynamic IPs and ISP switching shouldn't be a problem as long as you're still in the same country.

Some trackers do instantly ban international IP changes as an anti-trading measure, but most seem to prefer using that as extra "proof" should the e-mail address and password be changed from the new range, which is perfect to avoid false positives such as being disabled for having been visiting, or moved to, another country, and logging in from there. It'd still be nice to warn the staff about this, though.

And some others say they care when they actually don't at all - I'm sharing a few important accounts with people from the other side of the world without problems.

DouglasQuaid
12-27-2009, 05:39 PM
I'm pretty sure the better trackers don't IP check like HDBits, what or SCC. It's wierd that the trackers with the least content/quality always have IP scripts.

Cabalo
12-27-2009, 05:39 PM
I travel quite a few times to other countries, and never warned the staff at any site in advance. Only once, one of them PMed asking why suddenly a "foreign" ip showed on my logins. Told him I went on a trip, and as he can see the account wasn't traded, because I was back at my "regular" ip range.
Meanwhile, I've installed a proxy at my home server, so I access the sites via my home IP if I feel like.
If any staffer would ban anyone without questioning and confirming this situation, would be a moron.

anon
12-27-2009, 05:40 PM
I'm pretty sure the better trackers don't IP check like HDBits, what or SCC.

What.cd does log every IP change.

DouglasQuaid
12-27-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm pretty sure the better trackers don't IP check like HDBits, what or SCC.

What.cd does log every IP change.
Let me rephrase.
The better trackers don't go apeshit and Hellban just because of an IP change. While what does log IPs (all trackers do) they dont have scripts/ dedicated staff to check if they changed.

If I'm an admin I'd rather have a person on my tracker that wants to be there instead of someone just there to collect invites or account horde.

anon
12-27-2009, 05:47 PM
The better trackers don't go apeshit and Hellban just because of an IP change.

Sounds about right. That'd be a stupid thing to do.

grow4dough
12-27-2009, 07:37 PM
they dont go crazy but when someone logs in and they see that its from USA and then someone else logs in from europe 3 hours later its pretty obvious what happened. also if you have 2 houses or a dynamic IP it wouldnt be a problem since they could easily find out that your IP is coming from the same place or some place close to your last login.

if someone really wanted to trade successfully they should pm the tracker staff and tell them that they're moving to wherever the other person live and then dont log in for a few days before letting the other guy log in. but then tracker staff could also tell if the new guy is using a new browser or something. theres too many things that can get you caught and thats not even factoring the ethical side to trading so it's a bad idea all around.

TraLaLa
12-27-2009, 07:46 PM
trackers notice ip classes changes, in a dynamic ip the change appears at the end of the address so it should be fine.im not sure maybe someone can clear this out ;)

cap87
12-27-2009, 07:56 PM
trackers notice ip classes changes, in a dynamic ip the change appears at the end of the address so it should be fine.im not sure maybe someone can clear this out ;)

It depends on you ISP. In mine it really changes completely.

sez
12-27-2009, 08:49 PM
For somebody who hosts sceners on rented ovh boxes I think it should be pretty apparent that IPs don't mean shit.
You probably don't use your real IPs here or as you BT so tha fucks the point of this thread?And if you do,then I think you oughta know better.

IP logging is good to some extent but I think it becomes something else when you are keeping logs from as far back as 2 years.
The worst of them all are those who keep donor information just as long(perhaps the reason why some people are hesitant when it comes to donating).

Its no longer that much about whom you let in on the site but rather those who run them.Look at fort knox then match it with TL to get the irony.

I'd honestly put money on it that as regards this IP issue and logging of potentially incriminating information,it only affects the average BT users.Staffers and site l337z0rs don't get logged although I've seen sites where the privilege can be extended to the average torrenter if they donate.

Again what was the point of this thread?

edit:read the first post,am just a victim of a thread that decided to go offtopic

kurdt
12-27-2009, 10:25 PM
You probably don't use your real IPs here or as you BT so tha fucks the point of this thread?And if you do,then I think you oughta know better.

why do you use a fake IP here and as you BT?

sez
12-27-2009, 10:44 PM

so that you don't phish me but seriously though why don't you ask someone who sells leech slots and directly supplies piracy to the masses that question.

Cabalo
12-27-2009, 11:12 PM

so that you don't phish me but seriously though why don't you ask someone who sells leech slots and directly supplies piracy to the masses that question.
Are you seeing any at this thread? :whistling

Rart
12-28-2009, 03:56 AM
Hey fatcat,

You're cool.

Blackbeard
12-28-2009, 05:20 AM

Yes I do, just wondering if it reported as well you don't have to be a smart ass.

Zaxx
12-28-2009, 05:49 AM
The wife and I will be going back to 'her England', after we hit our 4th wedding anniv. here in the states where we got married. Ofc I'll make sure to contact the staff of my trackers and or PM them with the details. We went back there for ~4 months a few years ago...all was ok till I got back to the US. When I logged back in SCT, their script seen the recent IP changes and it auto-banned me. Took me a few dayz but I finally got in touch with Deviant and got re-instated. :wacko:
Now if I so much as use a seedbox slot, I always make a note of it, and it's IP addy in my profile and pm a staffer just in case. Lol...

l33tpirata13
12-28-2009, 03:12 PM
what about modem modders? people like myself change modems constantly, therefore changing ip's all the time. am i supposed to let tracker admin know this?

7th
12-28-2009, 03:41 PM
bitmeTV banned Brazil a long time ago and I couldn't log in anymore... than I traveled to europe for one month and during that time I logged in just to check if my account was still active and yes, it was hehe... nice!

came back to Brazil and one day I could access bitmeTV from home (I used to check from time to time) and voilą! Accessed! Went to their IRC channel to check if Brazil was finally unbanned and NO =( I was just lucky to fall in a IP range that was not banned and, for my surprise (not a big surprise though) they asked me why someone accessed my account from france =P

this is cool if you ask me =D

anon
12-28-2009, 04:44 PM
what about modem modders? people like myself change modems constantly, therefore changing ip's all the time. am i supposed to let tracker admin know this?

Shouldn't be a problem as long as the IPs can be traced to the same country.

mrnobody
12-28-2009, 05:32 PM
:insert facepalm smiley here:

DouglasQuaid
12-28-2009, 08:23 PM

wow, lets admit something worse than pirating on a public form...
:frusty:

TrollinThunder
12-28-2009, 08:37 PM
I killed a man with my bear hands.

kurdt
12-28-2009, 10:25 PM
you have bear hands? :gasp:

xa1ups
12-29-2009, 01:26 AM
people like myself

:stuart::artist::eat:

omgwtfbbq
12-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Some admins are such retards. I travel a lot and never have any issues, I'd think twice about being on a tracker with such control-freak staff.

bumrocks
12-30-2009, 07:14 AM
Regardless of the reason for why this post was made...

It seems weird that you would tell people how you are catching them. Why wouldn't you let people continue to make mistakes that benefit the site as opposed to making them smarter...

Makes no sense whatsoever...

TP635
12-30-2009, 07:44 AM
I just assume that ALL trackers have IP history log, even public trackers likeTPB.
I also assume that the sysop/coder CAN read PM if they need to.

TraLaLa
12-30-2009, 11:13 AM
I just assume that ALL trackers have IP history log, even public trackers likeTPB.
I also assume that the sysop/coder CAN read PM if they need to.

thats True, i can confirm that :shifty: