PDA

View Full Version : My Cpu Usage Is 100 %

luckydog
10-15-2003, 12:30 AM
Please Help .... recently my computer has been very slow with a number of programmes failing to start or messages saying "........" programme is not responding. Having read a tweaks for windows XP Pro (which this is) I was told to check the cpu usage using the Task Manager programme. When I checked this it showed my cpu at 100 % .... not to sound too thick, please explain what my cpu is/is this the memory and if there is anything I can do to reduce this please.

Thanks for reading this and any info/help would be much appreciated.

_John_Lennon_
10-15-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by luckydog@14 October 2003 - 19:30
Please Help .... recently my computer has been very slow with a number of programmes failing to start or messages saying "........" programme is not responding.  Having read a tweaks for windows XP Pro (which this is) I was told to check the cpu usage using the Task Manager programme.  When I checked this it showed my cpu at 100 % .... not to sound too thick, please explain what my cpu is/is this the memory and if there is anything I can do to reduce this please.

Thanks for reading this and any info/help would be much appreciated.
Wrong section, but I would suggest selection the show CPU usage option in your task manager, and then seeing what program is using it all.

To do this, click on the processes tab, then at the top menus, click on view -> Select Columns.

Then select the CPU usage one, and it should now display how much of the CPU the programs are using, and which one is your culprit.

abu_has_the_power
10-15-2003, 03:17 AM
if ur prog's don't start, might be a virus. and btw, welcome to the forum

lynx
10-15-2003, 11:05 AM
Probably too many downloads.
There seems to be a point (which varies depending upon the performance of your machine) above which the cpu load rises very rapidly. Reduce the number of downloads by moving some of the .dat files to another folder. You can then move them back when some of your downloads complete.

nanotek
10-15-2003, 08:25 PM
i once had something similar to this cpu was at 100% ! seems i had the wrong driver installed then i uninstalled it and it was ok