PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for 2010!?

KushBlow
12-31-2009, 09:10 PM
I think I recall we had a thread like this last year, was pretty interesting. So anyway what do you think will happen in 2010 in the sphere of torrenting and trackers? Call it a torroscope. :shifty:

- More trackers closing down?!

- Revival or v2's of certain shut down trackers? :shifty:

- Idoleyes buries the hatchet and finally decides to go through with a sex change?

- SCC gets a new layout

- New P2L sites open up

- Waffles goes Gazelle

anon
12-31-2009, 09:11 PM
Is this something like Swepsycho's thread?
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-general-bittorrent-43/t-is-2010-gonna-be-good-torrent-year--384312

KushBlow
12-31-2009, 09:14 PM
Nothing can compare to swepsycho.

anon
12-31-2009, 09:19 PM
I suppose that means this is the serious version with less spam. :happy:

On topic:
I doubt Waffles will ever go Gazelle. That'd be a symbolism of succumbing to What.cd :lol: And even if the Gazelle UI can be customized, I think one of their aims is to be as OiNK-ish as possible.

IdolEyes787
12-31-2009, 09:24 PM
I quit , KushBlow is made a mod . Soon after he realizes what that really involves and has nervous breakdown .Being a callous and spiteful person I do a little jig.

Glitterstep
12-31-2009, 09:26 PM
None of the above :shifty:

megabyteme
12-31-2009, 09:29 PM
I thought a torroscope was for looking at bulls...:idunno:

On topic- I predict my lame jokes won't get any better. :(

Tv Controls you
12-31-2009, 09:30 PM
If waffles go gazelle I'll have to kill myself I think lol. ;)
Waffles can't give into what.cd!! lol

Also scc is already working on their new layout I'm pretty sure, and so is bitgamer moving to gazelle (which is ok cause it isn't a music tracker lol)

My predictions:
1) Tl gets shut down.
2) Bitgamer explodes with new members and content.
3) somethings going to happen to scc, to many people migrated their. I hope I'm wrong though.

KushBlow
12-31-2009, 09:59 PM
I quit , KushBlow is made a mod . Soon after he realizes what that really involves and has nervous breakdown .Being a callous and spiteful person I do a little jig.

If you think about it your innovative plan would execute well in theory...

anon
12-31-2009, 10:03 PM
1) Tl gets shut down.
3) somethings going to happen to scc, to many people migrated their. I hope I'm wrong though.

How pessimistic. :lol: Although SCC hasn't fixed the 4 billion peers glitch, so you may be right about too many people migrating there. :D

xuxoxux
12-31-2009, 10:23 PM
1) Tl gets shut down.

How pessimistic. :lol: Although SCC hasn't fixed the 4 billion peers glitch, so you may be right about too many people migrating there. :D

That could be the truth for all we know. Who would have predicted the fall of the trackers we have seen? No one. As such, I predict SCC will shutdown. So will TL and TT and TR plus all the others I forgot. Long live Demonoid. :P

Seriously, I have no damn clue what is in store for 2010.

anon
12-31-2009, 10:27 PM
That could be the truth for all we know. Who would have predicted the fall of the trackers we have seen? No one.

You're totally right.

As such, I predict SCC will shutdown. So will TL and TT and TR plus all the others I forgot.

Wow, sounds there will be more GFT and TV requests. :P

user12345
12-31-2009, 10:27 PM
FTN opens signups for one hour at new year gmt :D

anon
12-31-2009, 10:31 PM

Meaning in one hour and a half I'll finally be able to get in. :shifty:

snagit
12-31-2009, 10:41 PM

I would be amongst the very first few who'd try to get in. :D

Glitterstep
12-31-2009, 10:43 PM

and I would be the first one to post in the " BitTorrent Sites Open for Signup" :cool:

user12345
12-31-2009, 10:52 PM

and I would be the first one to post in the " BitTorrent Sites Open for Signup" :cool:

but i can bet once it strikes midnight or as soon as you will be checking ftn :D

locusprince
12-31-2009, 10:59 PM

In your Dreams :lol:

Rogi
12-31-2009, 11:19 PM
HDbits will open signup :yup: true story

snagit
12-31-2009, 11:35 PM

but i can bet once it strikes midnight or as soon as you will be checking ftn :D

Haha, you know me so well...

...and that's weird. :huh:

user12345
01-01-2010, 12:10 AM
no ftn :(

TraLaLa
01-01-2010, 12:51 AM
try google.torrent and it better than ftn

in 2010 no more mysterious giveaway from fatcat :P

Cabalo
01-01-2010, 02:05 AM
I predict some sites will open, and many will close.
I predict I will see more Romania bans.

I heard it in the wind and I saw it in the sky.
cy6QcNohf1U

kondrae
01-01-2010, 02:22 AM
I predict more harsh anti-p2p laws will pass in certain countries and a new p2p protocol will be invented to undermine these new laws and will compete with bittorrent protocol

Qlix
01-01-2010, 04:06 AM
I'm hoping UK-T and FTWR will be back..

I also think we're going to see TorrentLeech get shut down. Other trackers I think are at risk would be What.CD and Waffles - the RIAA will most likely try to take them down.

Waffles to Gazelle? I would dare to say not gonna happen on that one.

FTN-ish version of a music dedicated tracker with a good community - a wish. There are What.CD and Waffles - both ratio, both huge. There's also STMusic... but there is ratio too and IMO not a decent community.

CE is an option but since I am banished from their lands it is not a choice. :x

Other than that... noobs will continue to open new trackers on a daily basis, people will continue to be morons and so on... As usual. :D

Slickerey
01-01-2010, 04:09 AM
Qlix is so funny.

Waffles will never move over to Gazelle. Fact. ;) The only thing that's better than Waffles is Skittles.

CE is awesome. Another fact.

Don't know about TL. 50/50 chance that they're going to die/live.

UK-T is alive Qlix. All you have to do is ask.

FTWR has their IRC refuge. They pretty much only shut the site down to keep all the fucking collectors away. People that are dedicated to FTWR will chill in their IRC.

Qlix
01-01-2010, 04:20 AM
Qlix is so funny.

Waffles will never move over to Gazelle. Fact. ;) The only thing that's better than Waffles is Skittles.

CE is awesome. Another fact.

Don't know about TL. 50/50 chance that they're going to die/live.

UK-T is alive Qlix. All you have to do is ask.

FTWR has their IRC refuge. They pretty much only shut the site down to keep all the fucking collectors away. People that are dedicated to FTWR will chill in their IRC.

If you read my post again I stated 'not gonna happen' that Waffles would switch over to Gazelle.:rolleyes:

"All you have to do is ask" - well, knowing who to ask would probably be a start, lol.. :ermm:

And the Refuge IRC I am aware of... I'm not getting along with mIRC at the moment - so I am not on any network at all. :frusty:

stoi
01-01-2010, 05:23 AM
5:13am on new years day and i am still awake (IE: I am rat arsed so what i say could and may well be bollocks)

1: BCG will open BCMovies or similar soon.

2: BCG will open

3: every tacker will stick a finger up to the law, and still survive.

4. the pirate party all over the world will think, hmm this name is not helping, and change it to the sharing party (or similar)

5. every tracker will work together, and not against each other, and all will get along.

6. traders will think, hold on the WTAW is wank, lvl 3 and below trackers are better trackers than lvl 4 and above. (schiz no need to bite)

7. account sellers will just get bored and not bother anymore

8. trackers will think, hmm its about sharing, dont give a flying fuck if a realease on our site gets uploaded elsewhere.

9. members of the trackers realise, they are there because we want you to be there, we dont want member crap that you dont know from adam.

10. if trackers do open up we want 99% good members, and not 1% good and 99% the scum of the earth.

You decide which ones i am serious about and which ones will never hppen in a million years ( even though we would like them to happen)

PS pissed and tbh dont really give a shit lol

pentomato
01-01-2010, 05:31 AM
I thought a torroscope was for looking at bulls...:idunno:

On topic- I predict my lame jokes won't get any better. :(

Agree

awaited
01-01-2010, 06:42 AM
some of my predictions
user12345 finally gets into ftn( oh ..wait):ermm:
Stoi finally registers at a movie tracker
TvControlsYou ******************** :shutup:(can't predict, Sorry)
Fatcat's,Rart NO another mysterious Giveaway
lesser Traders:unsure:
More Spam on FST:naughty:
More usefuluseless posts from awaited

I think I recall we had a thread like this last year, was pretty interesting. So anyway what do you think will happen in 2010 in the sphere of torrenting and trackers? Call it a torroscope. :shifty:

- More trackers closing down?!
:cry:

- Revival or v2's of certain shut down trackers? :shifty:
:mellow:

- Idoleyes buries the hatchet and finally decides to go through with a sex change?
:ermm:

- SCC gets a new layout.
Finally

- New P2L sites open up/then closing down

- Waffles goes Gazelle/and merging together with what:rolleyes:

anon
01-01-2010, 04:40 PM
a new p2p protocol will be invented to undermine these new laws and will compete with bittorrent protocol

TPB was planning to make a new P2P protocol, but I think that ended up in nothing:
http://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-sees-a-future-without-bittorrent-071030/

cinephilia
01-01-2010, 11:35 PM
i don't see the point in speculating about the future.

hagckz0r
01-01-2010, 11:46 PM
I fear next year law against torrents is going to be reinforced (at least in my country) and some other well known trackers might fall.

IdolEyes787
01-02-2010, 12:33 AM
i don't see the point in speculating about the future.

I was going to predict that cinephilia was going to say something both wise and sardonic but I see that it's already happened.:(

cinephilia
01-02-2010, 12:42 AM
thx bro, sent u ratio proofs in pm

IdolEyes787
01-02-2010, 12:47 AM
Just so you know sending me multiple ones from the same site and adding " I have more than one account there because that allows me to better share with all the wonderful other people " might not have been the best way to proceed.

seenaxes
01-04-2010, 06:38 AM
SCC will surpass the ghost of SCT.

1000possibleclaws
01-04-2010, 09:36 AM
-I'm betting what.cd will get some big media coverage in the coming year. They've grown into something so big and innovative, they are bound to get mentioned on tech shows, and most likely a controversial spotlight on national news as well.

-There's bound to be more Demonoid drama, and lots of downtime (more downtime than uptime? :shutup:).

-Another 'elite' no-ratio 0day to try and fill in the gaps left by ukt? Would put GFT as the top contender for that spot, except my wishful thinking is for a site without any maniacal staffers.

other than this, probably just a shitload more of the same old.

WakeMeUp
01-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Well, I think Dr. Adrian Helmsley, part of a worldwide geophysical team investigating the effect on the earth of radiation from unprecedented solar storms, learns that the earth's core is heating up. He warns U.S. President that the crust of the earth is becoming unstable and that without proper preparations for saving a fraction of the world's population, the entire race is doomed. Meanwhile, writer Jackson Curtis stumbles on the same information. While the world's leaders race to build "arks" to escape the impending cataclysm, Curtis struggles to find a way to save his family. Meanwhile, volcanic eruptions and earthquakes of unprecedented strength wreak havoc around the world.

These story is not taken from any movie in any way.

:lol:

dragoi92
01-04-2010, 12:28 PM
I think that more tracker will start this year and i am afraid that some good tracker that are now will be dead soon. We wil see.......

phauk
01-04-2010, 12:38 PM
I hate to say it, but I think another major torrent site will end up going down the pan.

Not like the days of Warez and hacked machines, so nothing can be done about it.

CPC464
01-05-2010, 01:14 AM
I tried to get to my taxi
The man in a tracksuit attacks me
He said that he saw it before me
And wants to get things a bit gory
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
I predict a riot

KushBlow
01-05-2010, 01:28 AM
I tried to get to my taxi
The man in a tracksuit attacks me
He said that he saw it before me
And wants to get things a bit gory
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
I predict a riot
I predict a riot

I've had enough of your snide insinuations! *abortion punch*

dvdasacd
01-05-2010, 12:15 PM
LOL. I think waffles would be the LAST site to EVER go to gazelle, in the same way toshiba was the last to adopt blu-ray...

havij
01-06-2010, 12:10 PM
I think, some trackers will begin to merge like what happend for DVDRSource and TVSource. :spam:

cap87
01-06-2010, 01:02 PM
In 2010 there will be more e-drama than 2009 :)

True story.

TheKarateKitt
01-22-2010, 11:05 PM
Now that Rambo-mill (or whatever his name is) of EuReKa/AwesomeHD has been kicked out of his own site and moved onto HD-Torrents (his 4th "home," after being banned from HDBits, BHDTV, and AHD), I will make a BOLD prediction, indeed! I predict Raped-a-mil will be banned once again, from HD-Torrents! Furthermore, he will attempt to create his own tracker again (this time, he will call it "EuReKa Rules!") at www.eureka-rules-fu-all.com !!

jwkwhud
01-23-2010, 12:43 AM
TorrentDay will reach 190k members.

Funkin'
01-23-2010, 06:30 AM
How can a person be kicked out of his own site?

SAM
01-23-2010, 10:46 AM
i think god will be kind enough and give the tooth fairy a dick

Hrusciov
01-23-2010, 11:15 AM
I predict some sites will open, and many will close.
I predict I will see more Romania bans.

and those trackers will fall like others that did this...

iLOVENZB
01-23-2010, 11:55 AM
ScT will be closed down ....

TraLaLa
01-23-2010, 03:36 PM

you are goood :blink:

snagit
01-23-2010, 03:48 PM

you are goood :blink:

:lol:

cmd
01-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Spielberg will produce utter crap and we'll torrent the hell out of it just the same. Safe bet.

iLOVENZB
01-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Spielberg will produce utter crap and we'll torrent the hell out of it just the same. Safe bet.

when this happens cinema will be totally lost.

Chief_Garbonzo
01-24-2010, 06:18 AM
Hmmm... Well if I was to predict, I guess I would just have to learn from whats happened in the past, and how quickly the bittorent world is advancing. We see sites get shut down every year...and there seems to be at least 2 to 3 big name ones a year per last couple years... Sadly, I can only assume this pattern will continue. :sad1:

I hope Waffles doesn't switch!!!

But, I'm always hoping for a good future! :batman:

iLOVENZB
01-24-2010, 10:53 AM
Some hardcore scener will pwn SpX21

lol87
01-24-2010, 01:25 PM
I predict that Ps3 games will be released.

iLOVENZB
01-24-2010, 01:37 PM
I predict that Ps3 games will be released.

They already are...

Last pre for ps3 game:

[ Dark_Void_USA_PS3-XMB ] [ PRE ] [ Released 4d 6h 9m 7s ago [1/19/2010] ] [ 5427.2MB in 54F ]