PDA

View Full Version : download torrent onto seedbox than upload again to ????

kopmjj
01-01-2010, 03:48 AM
Happy new year ppl, i have a question and cant find a proper answer to this.
if i download a file from torrent tracker A to my seedbox can i rename or upload the same file to a different tracker from that seedbox?

im from uk so i find it hard to upload from my connection, specially files over 1gb, so is it possible to upload any files that are on my seedbox to another tracker without using my uk internet connection? and just use the seedbox to upload it?

i read there might be sme kind of script etc but still unsure.

another thing is can i upload files from my seedbox to rapidshare? is that possible?

please let me know thanks.

Slickerey
01-01-2010, 03:49 AM
All you have to do is download the torrent from tracker B and upload it to your box. Just make sure that they're both the same release and you'll be good to go. ;)

kopmjj
01-01-2010, 03:56 AM
All you have to do is download the torrent from tracker B and upload it to your box. Just make sure that they're both the same release and you'll be good to go. ;)
hi is there any guide to this im so confused lol, so your telling me that whatever file is on my seedbox i can upload fresh on a new torrent site without using my real uk internet connection? this is exciting uk is rubbish for internet upload speed.

basically i wont have any files on my pc! all my files will be on a seedbox or seedbox server, and what i want is to upload files from there to torrent site or rapidshare and not from my pc, hope i made things clear thanks.

Fibre
01-01-2010, 04:53 PM
You can. Upload the content via FTP to your box. Create the torrent locally and upload it to the torrent site. Start seeding the torrent on your box.

kopmjj
01-01-2010, 05:34 PM
You can. Upload the content via FTP to your box. Create the torrent locally and upload it to the torrent site. Start seeding the torrent on your box.

i dont think you understood i dont want to upload any content from my pc, just what ever i have only on my seedbox. if you say i can do the above does that mean i am using seedbox upload speeds or my pc upload speeds ?

another thing is i dont have a physical box im gonna rent a dedicated server hope that helps.

WakeMeUp
01-01-2010, 07:10 PM
You'd need a dedicated server. That way you'd be able to create the torrent you want directly from your server client, like Vuze and so on.
However if you don't have a VNC access, you need to download the content to your computer, create the torrent and then upload the torrent to the seedbox. Keep in mind that there is another solution, which i guess should work but i never tried: since all the torrents files differ for some information, you'd be able to edit that with a normal editor; i.e. you either have to learn what is the bencode and edit your torrent files straight away or find a torrent-editor, so you'd be able to edit the info you need (like the announce url, the creation date etc).

HTH

anon
01-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Keep in mind that there is another solution, which i guess should work but i never tried: since all the torrents files differ for some information, you'd be able to edit that with a normal editor; i.e. you either have to learn what is the bencode and edit your torrent files straight away or find a torrent-editor, so you'd be able to edit the info you need (like the announce url, the creation date etc).

I don't get this... what exactly are you suggesting him to do?

WakeMeUp
01-01-2010, 07:22 PM
I don't get this... what exactly are you suggesting him to do?

To make it simple:
a torrent file has some information, like announce url, client, creation date and the actual parts of the file "torrented", i'd say.
The point is that this description of the parts is almost always the same for same files, so it's perfectly logic thinking about editing some parts of the torrent file itself to fit your needs.
Need an example?
You download torrent A from tracker 1. It's obvious that torrent A has into it the announce url of tracker 1.
Then you edit the torrent A, inserting the url of tracker 2.
;)

anon
01-01-2010, 07:27 PM
a torrent file has some information, like announce url, client, creation date and the actual parts of the file "torrented", i'd say.

I know that, but I wasn't aware of what you wanted to obtain by editing the metadata.

What you mention will only work if all of the torrent's pieces are exactly the same, which is almost always the case for Scene releases (may depend on piece size, samples, etc.). But if the seedbox frontend supports it, you're better off at downloading the .torrent from tracker B and forcing a recheck, the classic way to cross-seed.

WakeMeUp
01-01-2010, 07:45 PM
I know that, but I wasn't aware of what you wanted to obtain by editing the metadata.

What you mention will only work if all of the torrent's pieces are exactly the same, which is almost always the case for Scene releases (may depend on piece size, samples, etc.). But if the seedbox frontend supports it, you're better off at downloading the .torrent from tracker B and forcing a recheck, the classic way to cross-seed.

"My" method would be useful if you want to upload torrents on other trackers without recreating the torrent file from scratch, that's the point. And that's what the OP asked if i read correctly. It's quite obvious that there would be no need of doing this if the tracker has already that particular torrent. :)

anon
01-01-2010, 07:58 PM
"My" method would be useful if you want to upload torrents on other trackers without recreating the torrent file from scratch, that's the point. And that's what the OP asked if i read correctly.

You're right, although I interpreted this as wanting to cross-seed:

if i download a file from torrent tracker A to my seedbox can i rename or upload the same file to a different tracker from that seedbox?

But if what he wants is uploading the contents to another tracker that doesn't have them, what you posted should work.

kopmjj
01-01-2010, 11:11 PM
You're right, although I interpreted this as wanting to cross-seed:

if i download a file from torrent tracker A to my seedbox can i rename or upload the same file to a different tracker from that seedbox?But if what he wants is uploading the contents to another tracker that doesn't have them, what you posted should work.

Hi thanks guys for your reply so i download a torrent from tracker 1 and i want to upload the same torrent to tracker 2 which they don't have on tracker 2? is that right?

also can i edit the torrent i downloaded onto my seedbox from tracker 1 and upload the edited torrent to tracker 2 using the seedbox upload speed?

what i mean by edit is renaming or adding a txt file on the torrent folder?

is there a guide to this i am completely lost, just give me a hint if you cant find a guide like....

1. download torrent from tracker 1
2. rename torrent you downloaded etc.
3. go to torrent site you want to upload etc.

just something like this so then i should be able to do the rest myself, but a full guide is welcome. thanks.

also any luck on how to upload to rapidshare?

anon
01-01-2010, 11:17 PM
is there a guide to this i am completely lost, just give me a hint if you cant find a guide like....

Look for "BEncode Editor" in the uTorrent forums. Use that to open the .torrent of the files you've already downloaded, double-click the tracker URL and change it to that of the tracker you're going to upload it on, save it with another name, upload it to the tracker, then grab it in your seedbox, force a file recheck, and you should be seeding.

also any luck on how to upload to rapidshare?

If you have RDP access, it's easy (enter the box and install an automated RS uploader program), otherwise I don't really know.

kopmjj
01-02-2010, 12:44 AM
Look for "BEncode Editor" in the uTorrent forums. Use that to open the .torrent of the files you've already downloaded, double-click the tracker URL and change it to that of the tracker you're going to upload it on, save it with another name, upload it to the tracker, then grab it in your seedbox, force a file recheck, and you should be seeding.

also any luck on how to upload to rapidshare?If you have RDP access, it's easy (enter the box and install an automated RS uploader program), otherwise I don't really know.

thanks mate but please step bu step guide would help as i cant test anything yet as i didnt get a dedicated seedbox yet,

WakeMeUp
01-02-2010, 11:37 AM
thanks mate but please step bu step guide would help as i cant test anything yet as i didnt get a dedicated seedbox yet,

Nah. You have a lot of points - read them again, and find the solution yourself. It's really easy :)

kopmjj
01-02-2010, 05:56 PM

Nah. You have a lot of points - read them again, and find the solution yourself. It's really easy :)

i do not want to spend money before i know how to do it

anon
01-03-2010, 12:11 AM

You don't need to... :huh:

kopmjj
01-03-2010, 12:33 AM

You don't need to... :huh:
lol yes i will cause in order do these things i will need a seedbox which i dont have. also i thought this forum is very helpful ?
yes i have been helped but im not a pro on this and u guys ere explaining to me like im supposed to know what your talking about every single thing about computers? come on man in the new years :happy: just 1 simple guide is all i asked for, if you know what your talking about then it shoudnt take more than 5 mins to write it up?

besides some of you are acting like its illegal or something? like i got a few points and i should do the rest, its like you know how to get a gun now you can do the rest? lol

waeldiab
01-03-2010, 01:15 AM
HI kopmjj

i understand from your thread that u want to download files onto your seed box then u will re upload it to another site.

ok first u need to download your files from the site then if u need to upload the same file u have to keep the same file i mean dont change any thing or dont rename the folder just keep it the same. if u going to upload so u need to create new torrent from utorrent program and chose wich file u need to create and then upload it to the site which u need and then download it again from the site but u have to download it in the same place which u save your file so the utorrent will start to check the file and that's it.

in case u need to re upload the file without creating so u need just to download the same file onto your saving place

kopmjj
01-03-2010, 01:23 AM
HI kopmjj

i understand from your thread that u want to download files onto your seed box then u will re upload it to another site.

ok first u need to download your files from the site then if u need to upload the same file u have to keep the same file i mean dont change any thing or dont rename the folder just keep it the same. if u going to upload so u need to create new torrent from utorrent program and chose wich file u need to create and then upload it to the site which u need and then download it again from the site but u have to download it in the same place which u save your file so the utorrent will start to check the file and that's it.

in case u need to re upload the file without creating so u need just to download the same file onto your saving place

Hey man thank you for your help man great at least someone managed to explaining to me in plain english:P and properly.

now is there a way i can rename that torrent folder on my seedbox so i can add 2 more files etc than do the same technique you suggested?

and do yu know anything about uploading to rapidshare or megaupload? thanks man.

waeldiab
01-03-2010, 01:25 AM
HI kopmjj

Hey man thank you for your help man great at least someone managed to explaining to me in plain english:P and properly.

now is there a way i can rename that torrent folder on my seedbox so i can add 2 more files etc than do the same technique you suggested?

and do yu know anything about uploading to rapidshare or megaupload? thanks man.

yes u can. just create new folder and take copy from the file which u need to upload it and do what ever u want. u can rename or add what ever u want

kopmjj
01-03-2010, 01:29 AM

yes u can. just create new folder and take copy from the file which u need to upload it and do what ever u want. u can rename or add what ever u want

hi i can do that withing my seedbox right? i just goto my seedbox via ftp and start editing then go to my web gui and make new torrent?

also any luck on rapidshare etc?

waeldiab
01-03-2010, 01:30 AM

hi i can do that withing my seedbox right? i just goto my seedbox via ftp and start editing then go to my web gui and make new torrent?

man u have Dedicated Server or just a Seedbox

if u have a Dedicated Server u can do that,if u have just a Seedbox so u can not do what u want because u are not controlling the server i mean u dont have access to creat or to rename or to upload to any site

kopmjj
01-03-2010, 01:53 AM

man u have Dedicated Server or just a Seedbox

if u have a Dedicated Server u can do that,if u have just a Seedbox so u can not do what u want because u are not controlling the server i mean u dont have access to creat or to rename or to upload to any site

hi i will get a dedicated server thanks.

WakeMeUp
01-03-2010, 04:34 PM
That's actually pretty funny. It seems you want to spend some more money.
We have told you the way to use your seedbox to do what you want. However it seems you haven't read anything, or at least you haven't understood a word.
Well, it's your business after all. Buy some good dedicated, ok? ;)
And the funniest thing in all this is that you thank a random user who gave a nonsensical suggestion, and say nothing to who pointed out a possible solution.
Thanks God newbies exist. :lol: