PDA

View Full Version : Your Top worst 3 trackers!

lol87
01-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Mention 3 worst trackers. Here I go.

1: FTC ( A Danish tracker ): I never got a warning from them since I don't use the tracker at all. They have the worst reputation in Denmark. They even ban people for asking questions to the FLS. If you receive a warning and you want to remove it, then you must pay money by paypal. And yes, I'm not making this up, I can even prove it.

2: PTM ( Staff are being generally too rude )

3: What: There is often problem with the tracker, so my upload doesn't register. I lost like 10-15 GB in upload, although my ratio is above 2.

Tv Controls you
01-05-2010, 11:34 PM
3: What: There is often problem with the tracker, so my upload doesn't register. I lost like 10-15 GB in upload, although my ratio is above 2.

From your lips to god.

I love all other trackers.

http://uwadb.com/forum/Attachments/keep_seeding.png

IdolEyes787
01-05-2010, 11:43 PM
If you don't like a tracker I would suggest you quit it instead of pointlessly complaining.

kurdt
01-06-2010, 12:16 AM
i like what the op had to say. it did not come across as pointlessly complaining but rather as constructive criticism. it is a valuable psa for would-be members and it might actually lead to trackers trying to be better if they know that there are consequences to their actions.

lol87
01-06-2010, 01:09 AM
Idoleyes, I knew that there would be off-topic. Maybe you also have some trackers that you don't like or don't use at all, so maybe you can share them with us.

Like many FST users have been complaining about HDBits' staff, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone was mentioning this tracker.

megabyteme
01-06-2010, 01:46 AM
Why don't we change this to...

The top 3 worst Christmas dinners I received at friends' homes while I was a guest.

Or, the 3 worst experiences I had while someone was trying to do me a favor/was being generous.

Maybe even, the 3 biggest complaints I can make when someone created an entire website for free, maintained it daily, let me join for free, and gave me access to their hard work for free.

Yeah, let's hear those "constructive" criticisms, too! :ermm:

This is not about being constructive, it is about being PUBLICLY UNGRATEFUL.

kurdt
01-06-2010, 02:12 AM
Why don't we change this to...

The top 3 worst Christmas dinners I received at friends' homes while I was a guest.

Or, the 3 worst experiences I had while someone was trying to do me a favor/was being generous.

Maybe even, the 3 biggest complaints I can make when someone created an entire website for free, maintained it daily, let me join for free, and gave me access to their hard work for free.

Yeah, let's hear those "constructive" criticisms, too! :ermm:

This is not about being constructive, it is about being PUBLICLY UNGRATEFUL.

there are trackers begging for users every day. check out some of the open signup notifications that keep getting reposted by the sites's owners. Now, how many people are begging you everyday to let them make a website for you and maintain it for free? None. Why is that? Could it be that trackers receive something in return from their membership even if they are "free" to join?

Trackers compete for memberhip. And reviewing and rating trackers publicly only produces better trackers. Trackers are NOT doing you a favor by letting you join. It is in their interest. Without membership, they would not survive.

IdolEyes787
01-06-2010, 02:23 AM
I'm of the belief that a tracker couldn't survive without it's members whereas the members, save for certain inconvenience ,would have no problem surviving without any or all trackers .
I think certain staff when dealing with minor issues sometimes forget that.

merwais
01-06-2010, 02:30 AM
All trackers are best and we should respect what they are offering us for free.

Don't act like a jackass and learn respecting others.

kurdt
01-06-2010, 02:41 AM

members openly discussing their experiences with trackers so that the rest of us may benefit from it is not disrespectful in and of itself.

cinephilia
01-06-2010, 02:51 AM

:mellow:

BitMeTV is just a stupid tracker. that's all.

RevTT sucks big time.

All i know is: RevTT is an unsuccessful tracker and i mean it ;)

coz RevTT sucks :)

who cares LoL
i better use TPB then demonoid.
F**k them

megabyteme
01-06-2010, 03:04 AM
there are trackers begging for users every day. check out some of the open signup notifications that keep getting reposted by the sites's owners. Now, how many people are begging you everyday to let them make a website for you and maintain it for free? None. Why is that? Could it be that trackers receive something in return from their membership even if they are "free" to join?

Trackers compete for memberhip. And reviewing and rating trackers publicly only produces better trackers. Trackers are NOT doing you a favor by letting you join. It is in their interest. Without membership, they would not survive.

Most trackers are paid for out-of-pocket by their owners. Some receive donations to help/pay for that, while a (very) few profit.

The sites that are "begging for members" in the open-sign up section are trying to attract community to the site they have worked hard to create. It's like making a large meal and then "begging" for people to come eat your food for free. :mad3:

Devaluing and berating trackers does not "help" them any more than your teachers in high school telling you that you were the dumbest/worst in class. :slap:

pone44
01-06-2010, 03:05 AM
Why so much hate for revt?

Cabalo
01-06-2010, 03:07 AM

hahaahahahahahahahahha :lol:

Says the guy who spits hatred towards revTT at every single post.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/buttons/edit.gif
Fucking Cinephilia beat me to it again... :angry:
He has better anti-douchebaggry pre-times than me.

megabyteme
01-06-2010, 03:09 AM
cine's post is awesome, but I gotta give merwais credit for having the chance to bitch about a tracker here, and choosing the high-ground.

It's a new year, we all at least try to start fresh, don't we?

Tv Controls you
01-06-2010, 04:13 AM
Lol merwais is a blimey hypocrite. I too once used to think revtt was a bad site, but I have came to love it.

The ideas and thinking behind it is just soo pro torrenting that you have to love it. A revolution through torrenting, hell ya man.

It currently actually one of my fav sites.

merwais
01-06-2010, 04:15 AM
:mellow:

BitMeTV is just a stupid tracker. that's all.

RevTT sucks big time.

All i know is: RevTT is an unsuccessful tracker and i mean it ;)

coz RevTT sucks :)

who cares LoL
i better use TPB then demonoid.
F**k them

I said BitMeTV is a stupid tracker, it doesn't mean it's the worst tracker.
BitMeTV banned Romania coz some Romanians cheated ?

Country is a jungle, you will find good animal and bad animal also.
Just an stupid can ban whole country coz of some cheaters.

oh yeah, my favorite topic: RevTT

THEY SUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK Big Time and Cabalo knows it :yup:

Tv Controls you
01-06-2010, 04:19 AM
I said BitMeTV is a stupid tracker, it doesn't mean it's the worst tracker.

But I thought all trackers where the best??????

If so there would be no comparison between them. :coffee:

Cabalo
01-06-2010, 04:24 AM
THEY SUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK Big Time and Cabalo knows it :yup:
Depends on the perspective. There are good people and there are bad people everywhere.
On an abstract point of view, summing it up, I can say revTT caused me no harm and I would have to thank them for allowing me to steal files. Which they do pretty well.

Tv Controls you
01-06-2010, 04:45 AM
Depends on the perspective. There are good people and there are bad people everywhere.
On an abstract point of view, summing it up, I can say revTT caused me no harm and I would have to thank them for allowing me to steal files. Which they do pretty well.

When you reference "stealing files" are you talking about pirating material, or about stealing files off other sites?

Also revtt seems really laid back. I've never had one problem there ever, lol they got a good xxx section :naughty:

kurdt
01-06-2010, 09:13 AM

Most trackers are paid for out-of-pocket by their owners. Some receive donations to help/pay for that, while a (very) few profit.

The sites that are "begging for members" in the open-sign up section are trying to attract community to the site they have worked hard to create. It's like making a large meal and then "begging" for people to come eat your food for free. :mad3:

Devaluing and berating trackers does not "help" them any more than your teachers in high school telling you that you were the dumbest/worst in class. :slap:

let's please not turn this into a personal thing with the "you" emphasized. i enjoy an intellectual debate if you don't then just let me know, no hard feelings.

nobody is begging you to eat their free food because that is a one sided gift. however, trackers need members to survive. the trackers that survive are the ones that a self sustaining through member donations, which result from tracker popularity, which result from members building buzz, which result from members joining the site, being active..etc etc. Therefore tracker membership is not a one sided gift and it is not "free food."

even taking member donations out of the equation, trackers benefit from members being on the site. first thing a member has to provide is their e-mail, which information has value in and of itself. being on the site, the member views any advertisements the site chooses to show, and also the site's logo which builds good will and builds up the value of the site's brand. when you download files, by virtue of the nature of the bit-torrent protocol, you are also uploading and therefore donating bandwidth to the tracker. Further, by forcing you to seed you are further donating resources.

also, i am in no way saying I don't appreciate what trackers and especially staff do, or that they deserve to be devalued without a reasonable basis. However, i think the users deserve a free exchange of information regarding the positives as well as the negatives of trackers. trackers compete for your membership. being able to make informed decisions is good fore everyone. It means trackers will strive to be better, by for example not being rude to people, and members won't join sites they won't want to use. win win.

QPD
01-06-2010, 09:28 AM
hmm..good question.

I will start with SCC (they banned me first just because I was born romanian)

Since SCT is no longer alive, second will be GFT for similar reason.

:p
:fst:

megabyteme
01-06-2010, 09:54 AM
kurdt,

The you part was to indicate finger pointing in a similar manner that is done in these "good through negativity" threads.

Nobody "benefits" from being told they are the worst. Ever.

The only things that are accomplished in these threads are 1) the venting of butt hurt whiners 2) the re-affirmation of negative views of trackers against FST for allowing these, and 3) If tracker owners/staff do happen to read one, it only emphasizes the negative and shows that their work is unappreciated by members who post here.

These are never constructive, fair critiques conducted by individuals who are trying to make sites better. They are masturbatory release threads for the scorned.

Worthless. Actually, worst threads EVER. Now go get inspired to make a better one. :dry:

hagckz0r
01-06-2010, 09:58 AM
1.gft
2.bmtv
3.still thinkin'

1&2 because they couldn't find a better option to ban the bad apples, also 1 is just a ghey tracker, at least when I last checked it.

dragoi92
01-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Well i like every tracker that i am there. I respect all tracker or staff of the tracker

Tokeman
01-06-2010, 04:31 PM
1. Oink - Cause they got shut down
2. SCT - Cause they shut down
3. Waiting on the next shut down :\

And off topic, megabyteme, are you one of those people who always want to give everyone a 1st place ribbon for competing? Just curious with that comment about being worst never improving anyone/anything...

LadyGaga
01-06-2010, 05:03 PM
never heard of ftc mayb coz im not danish hehe

i like ipt n tl must say very nice ppl very fast!!

i heard bitme banned rutor & deluge wot that about?

Tv Controls you
01-06-2010, 08:34 PM
1. Oink - Cause they got shut down

They were raided...... and the owner arrested.....

They moved 2 terrabytes of data a day of music, and was truly one of the best music sites ever.

megabyteme
01-06-2010, 08:43 PM
And off topic, megabyteme, are you one of those people who always want to give everyone a 1st place ribbon for competing? Just curious with that comment about being worst never improving anyone/anything...

:) Fair question, Tokeman. No, I just don't find these threads at all constructive. If this were a topic of "name things you would like to see added/improved on trackers", I might find it more interesting.

My educational background is in Management and Communications. Neither would find this type of criticism acceptable or beneficial.

Would you like your boss to give you an annual/quarterly review and tell you, "You are in our top 3 WORST employees" list? And this has discussed at a meeting where you most likely would not have been present to defend yourself? And, you are likely volunteering your time daily.

How about anywhere else. Would you like your teachers telling you that you are the worst in class? At a restaurant where you like to eat- you are their "worst" customer? Your group of friends say you are their "worst" friend?

Would ANY of this be constructive in the "real" world? Why would anyone think it would be "constructive" when "discussing" a tracker that we are guests at?

Try this yourself- Begin working on your own tracker. Gather everyone who you think would be willing to volunteer daily. Build the site and try to attract members to that site. Keep it hosted and secure. Form acceptable rules and try to keep your members following those rules everyday. Listen to the troubles and difficulties that your members say directly to you. Maintain order. And after you have done all of this, come here and read that people think you are the "worst".

See if you find that info "valuable". :ermm:

lol87
01-06-2010, 09:45 PM
@megabyteme: I don't agree with you of your point of view.

It would make more sense if you compare Private Trackers like a company. Imagine if a company treats their costumer like "beeeeeeeep" then costumer would take another company which gives a better service.

Some staff from some private trackers are acting like that they own the whole world. Maybe they should take a lesson of how to treat users nice. Of course, some few users may be difficult to handle. Most of the users are sometimes asking annoying questions or bringing up annoying subjects which make the staff so arrogant and pissed. Some other users are foreign, so the staff also needs to be a little patient and to handle the communication with some professionalism.

Keep in mind that not only staffs are putting a lot of hard work in order to make a tracker to work; also some of the users are putting enormous hard work for this.

I basically do not understand the logic from WhatCd. They spend a lot of their time to make new things on their homepage ( i.e. new ratio system ), but all this is very pointless if the tracker doesn't work in proper. Why not putting all their attention to the most important core of the private tracker and fix the tracker? Lots of users have reported the problem about the tracker issue on “what” forum and the staff closes the topic and is telling us that they’re aware of this problem. Users are spending lots of times to seed, to make torrents, to upload torrents etc, but they do not get credited for their upload. It’s not a fair way to treat their own users. I do not use “what” anymore since the tracker is bugging me too much. Users basically get punished for “what’s” errors. Sometimes, the tracker goes offline, sometimes the tracker doesn’t register the upload and sometimes the tracker is down.
Don’t get me wrong about “what”. They have lots of nice torrents. I like the structure of the homepage. Most of their staffs are nice.

@Kurdt: Well spoken.

Tokeman
01-06-2010, 09:51 PM
I see your point of view megabyteme, and honestly, I was just curious if you were one of those people or not, which you are not. Personally, I can take any critisim as constructive, and think everyone should. Some one tells me I'm the worst at something, I wouldn't give up or get mad, I'd work on getting better. Could that some one have put it a better way? Sure, but theres more then one way to percieve it as well, two sides to every coin so to speak.

Tv Controls You: I have nothing against either of the two trackers I mentioned, but for me, at this current point in time, they are on my worst list because they dont work. It was more of a (bad) joke, saying that at least the other trackers mentioned in this thread function at this current point in time to some degree. Sarcasm doesn't fly well, no font for it yet :\

megabyteme
01-06-2010, 10:09 PM
@lol87: I appreciate you taking the time to present what you had hoped for in this thread. I think you will find that if left unchecked, these get a lot of non-constructive posts where nothing is said other than "tracker X banned me for no reason", I hate that tracker's staff, and so on.

The staff and site owners do not need this kind of negativity. They do a lot and regardless of "the business model" they are doing it for free.

The idea behind this is that you can get positive results from being negative.

@Tokeman: We see things slightly different, but you seem like an alright guy yourself. :happy:

Intr4ns1t
01-06-2010, 11:47 PM
I will say, for the record, that some of the positive changes in PtN over the first year we were up were directly a result of stuff posted in hate threads directed at us. While I generally agree with megabyteme about negativity being unproductive, if there are enough voices saying the same thing, it's a sure sign that something needs to change.

It is, however, quite true that unchecked hate threads rarely accomplish much beyond making newer users think that negativity is a prerequisite for BT membership. A rating of the worst trackers is not really a great way to foment change though. Especially if the OP doesn't ask for solutions to the issues he asks people to list.

QueenT
01-23-2010, 06:05 PM
im not gonna trash trackers here but i think nothing wrong with sharing your bad experience with staff without of course making up things ,which im not accusing anyone here with lying,im staff on this tracker for like 3 years now,and i been on many tackers for years and i know to say the main reason that keep me a member and donate and upload is how nice the staff are.
some staff on some trackers think they are running countries and act all cocky and when you ask them question they answer in way that make you feel dumb for not knowing things about torrents,the reason you are staff is to help out and be patience with users,if you are not then you better step down and just enjoy what you download.
im not generalize it here,because i know rude people every where,but my point is is good to mention your experiences on other trackers,to just bring to the staff attention,if it happened they read it.

sake
01-23-2010, 07:09 PM
1.hdbits
2.ftn
3.bcg

SAM
01-23-2010, 10:03 PM
Every place has good people and bad ones. 2 years ago i used to judge trackers by their staff but i guess this isn't important.
I mean,mostly you enter a tracker to get some stuff you need not to talk with staff or to hang out so as long as you go by their rules you will be fine.
Though,some staff members in few trackers trying to make the rules hard but eventually you can manage as long as you know the goal you are after.
most people who are nagging and bitching about how trackers are bad have some personal problems with those particular trackers.
I've been there myself :) but we have to grow up.
as i stated above every place has its devils and its angels and you have to decide which side you will fit in

Tv Controls you
01-23-2010, 11:12 PM
Every place has good people and bad ones. 2 years ago i used to judge trackers by their staff but i guess this isn't important.
I mean,mostly you enter a tracker to get some stuff you need not to talk with staff or to hang out so as long as you go by their rules you will be fine.
Though,some staff members in few trackers trying to make the rules hard but eventually you can manage as long as you know the goal you are after.
most people who are nagging and bitching about how trackers are bad have some personal problems with those particular trackers.
I've been there myself :) but we have to grow up.
as i stated above every place has its devils and its angels and you have to decide which side you will fit in

Only if that was true at what.cd lol

I just went there for "stuff" and me and everyone I knew within a 50 mile radius was banned lol.
Also of course people with bad experiences are going to speak negatively about a tracker...
Just like if you have good experiences, you will post positively..

Although as we discussed 2 weeks ago in this thread.. This thread does nothing for any tracker, we should make suggestions on how they can improve.

SAM
01-23-2010, 11:28 PM
you see,most trackers are the same.only few are unique but what you are really after is what really matters.
that's why i hate collectors.
when i first start torrenting i wanted everything but by time i realized that it doesn't matter if it comes to quality only 3 or 4 trackers are really great but the rest are very ordinary and almost alike.so why bother?

stoi
01-24-2010, 12:35 AM
3.bcg

Why?

SAM
01-24-2010, 12:43 AM
dunno ,maybe because of the rumors that spread lately

stoi
01-24-2010, 01:07 AM
and what rumours are those?

PM me if you want, but i havnt heard anything.

SAM
01-24-2010, 01:15 AM
they are saying that some of BCG members disappeared lately and there are ppl talking about the dungeons beneath BCG ;)

Rart
01-24-2010, 01:27 AM
Obscure, purposely ambiguous remarks can certainly make anyone look cool.

SAM
01-24-2010, 01:33 AM
Obscure, purposely ambiguous remarks can certainly make anyone look cool.
that's an ambiguous remark,indeed:D

Hombre
01-24-2010, 02:35 AM

BCG's presence in the p2pg thats why.

stoi
01-24-2010, 02:42 AM

and?

So we cant talk to other staff from other trackers then, or swap ideas and other general chit chat.

IdolEyes787
01-24-2010, 04:02 AM

I agree what does that have to do with anything?

If you are worried that p2pg has some shady characters you are being discussed there I hate to break it to you but there are shady characters here and on some occasion they probably are talking bad about you on this site as well.

SAM
01-24-2010, 04:16 AM
BCG's presence actually enriches our community and BCG is one of a kind in its category.
and stoj is more than welcome to chit chat anytime.
about chit chat........
did you close the dungeons?

stoi
01-24-2010, 05:58 AM
Well i have just read that serb thread in its entirity, and i never knew half of the shit that was going on in there, especially the scene notice on serb and that spx1 or whatever his name is (i dont even know who he is).

tbh i am probably one of the most outspoken on there, and yes i have had arguments over there, but i will just say this, the staff are not sheep, if 1 tracker posts info on someone that has done wrong, its not an auto global ban on all sites, we will have a look at the member on our sites (and thats not just BCG) and decide accordingly.

anyway this is getting offtopic now, but just thought i would make some things clear.

sez
01-24-2010, 08:24 AM
I herd p2pg is revolt in spirit and that's supposed to be even more dangerous coz they walk through walls and shit :unsure:(can't be arsed to RIPE check em but am guessing they are a match).

Its good to have a forum where you swap ideas,chit chat,offer guidance to newbie sites that am sure are very welcome but I think there is always that tendency for egos to get out of hand.Egos beget ignorance and then you get idiotic things like the serb/spx pres.

Its good to organise but I think at times it can be dangerous.

And you wonder why s*c is number one.The site is run by some of the wisest individuals BT will ever have.

Swift
01-24-2010, 09:06 AM
seriously if there where 3 trackers that i don't like there are not in my bookmark