PDA

View Full Version : TorrentIt Closing in two weeks

Rart
01-06-2010, 01:52 AM
Seems like TiT will be one of the next to fall, as posted by one of the admins of the site:

The only people liable to actually ban MuddSlinger will be people who judge what Serb brings to the table (scene axx) to be more important than the damage his actoins (listed above) cause.

Serb has not only done what Mudd stated, but has exposed real life details on numerous cheaters, account traders, etc, "for the lulz" as he so succinctly put it. Anyone who is that frivolous with other peoples' information, and by extension their lives, should have no place whatsoever in the BT community, yet a select few are choosing to harbor him and even go so far as to say "people shouldn't piss him off if they don't want to be exposed". What kind of attitude is that to have, as a tracker staffer?

When you handle the private details of THOUSANDS of members every day, can you really afford to be so nonchalant about who you let have access to that information? Not only that, but Serb has proven that he will turn on you if he doesn't like something you say or do, and that could be any LITTLE detail. Mudd isn't the only one who has had to hear the atrocities Serb has committed, but he's probably heard more than the rest of us.

FYI, at no point did MuddSlinger and I disagree with what's gone on. In truth, the "select few" who would harbor Serb include a couple of behind-the-scenes TiT staffers, and because of that, I regrettably have made the decision that I would rather shut down the site than to let it continue to be fed by someone whose actions are reprehensible, and rather than step down myself and either let it be run by people who believe Serb is right simply because his actions were done out of revenge, or simply pulled out from under the members abruptly.

An official announcement will be forthcoming in the next day or so on the site, at which time I have asked for 2 weeks before the site shuts down, for people to make alternative arrangements.

Edit: To provide a little background, this was in response to the OP:

Well, I almost walked away from Bit Torrent Forever yesterday.

After months of putting up with serb being his punk ass self, of preing other trackers staff in scene and p2p pre channel like an asshole, and him releasing the real life personal info including pics, addresses he could find, names, and other things, and me telling him I didn't approve of such actions and would rather him not discuss such things with me, and him continuing to send me info on what he was doing to people in msn or via pm in irc.

I finally snapped went off the deep end and exposed serb in a couple locations frequented by our tracker staffer community. Even, thou most staffers hold the same views I do and support what I did. A select few, more or less took serb's side and I demoted myself on TiT. I can no longer condone the things such as global banning users for trading or selling invites, cheating, or anything else. When scumbag's like serb, who threaten the real lives of our fellow staffers remain on any trackers. It's been very discouraging and pretty much destroyed my faith in the greater BT Community.

To allow these types of actions and not address it as a community ,then its the highest order of hypocrisy. It is not fair to the global members of the bit torrent community and if my refusal to keep quiet on this issue costs me my membership on any trackers or damages my reputation in the bit torrent community I no longer give a shit. I have always been about the betterment of the global bit-torrent community and will remain such.

I've never used the site before but it's a shame to see petty drama such as this shut down yet another torrent site :dabs:.

Cabalo
01-06-2010, 02:04 AM
Serious respect goes to blastGT1.
Serb has often proved to be a cancer in BT world, who was adored by some kids, that mostly were afraid of him.

If the term Global Ban applies, there is someone who indeed deserves it.

Slickerey
01-06-2010, 02:12 AM
Serious respect goes to blastGT1.
Serb has often proved to be a cancer in BT world, who was adored by some kids, that mostly were afraid of him.

QFT. :smirk:

Also, this part is good as well.

Anyone who is that frivolous with other peoples' information, and by extension their lives, should have no place whatsoever in the BT community,

pone44
01-06-2010, 02:23 AM
I agree! That is taking it way to far. Bans are one thing but exposing private info when a member trusts that staff member, definitely right saying there is no place for that!
It is sad to see another good site go. Especially like this. Props to BlastG and muddslinger.

Anyone who is that frivolous with other peoples' information, and by extension their lives, should have no place whatsoever in the BT community,

merwais
01-06-2010, 02:28 AM
These kids playing around all the time.
Open a tracker today and close it Tomorrow.

Get a life, losers!

Find something else to play.

Artemis
01-06-2010, 02:33 AM

Get a life, losers!

You seriously don't know who you are talking about in this case with BlastGT1 and Muddslinger, toddle off & do some research first, they are both very senior and respected members of the BT community, Serb on the other hand.....

Cabalo
01-06-2010, 02:35 AM
You seriously don't know who you are talking about in this case with BlastGT1 and Muddslinger, toddle off & do some research first, they are both very senior and respected members of the BT community, Serb on the other hand.....
You're supposing he cared to read the opening post. Don't put your expectations too high. :ermm:

IdolEyes787
01-06-2010, 02:38 AM
Third times a charm.

snagit
01-06-2010, 02:45 AM
This indeed is very sad news. It's clear who should be the one globally banned...:whistling

Night0wl
01-06-2010, 02:51 AM
I distanced myself from anywhere serb staffed a long time ago because of that. I'm glad someone of the more established crowd finally has the guts to stand up to this kid even though he has sceneaxx coming out of his ass.

puckface
01-06-2010, 02:59 AM
again? (again?)

seenaxes
01-06-2010, 03:30 AM
They never really came back.

Zebra
01-06-2010, 04:07 AM
New Hobby In BT to staff a site .. and serband other newbs are the product of such obsession

Funkin'
01-06-2010, 04:39 AM
I'm glad BlastGT1 and MuddSlinger are taking this stance. Hopefully the other sites he's a member of/staff will follow suit. A person that will thoughtlessly publish anyone's personal details on the internet for the lamest of reasons is the one that should be globally banned from the bt community(along with the few sheep that follow him).

I don't know much about TiT, but is Serb a sysop? If not, then why doesn't the sysop kick him from the site(along with the TiT staffers that "harbor" him) instead of choosing to shut the site down?

1000possibleclaws
01-06-2010, 05:55 AM
Talked with Muddslinger about this earlier. I was surprised and disgusted at how far Serb would go, in many cases overstepping boundaries seemingly solely out of disagreements with 'x' tracker staff or tracker user. I had no idea even he would step so far. He seems to have lost touch with reality, and it's a shame that he was let to leak what he did and even protected by some people.

Wish the best to anyone harmed by Serb. I feel some of it was caused indirectly because of me; a friend standing up for me to him, and then getting stabbed in the back, and his friends stabbed in the back,etc etc.. I hope everyone who was touched down that nasty chain of bullshit is alright, and I'm sorry for whatever bullshit drama you endured because of it.

Funkin'
01-06-2010, 06:06 AM
Some people take the bt world entirely too seriously.

Vitality
01-06-2010, 06:16 AM
BT newbs staff are all same ....

Cabalo
01-06-2010, 06:28 AM
I can't feel pity for any of them. They sold their soul to the devil in exchange for pre-times.
They sure enjoy hunting and pushing around people, and try to make a name for themselves on the leet "closed" communities. I could say so much about this, but I no longer give a shit for other kids who need to review their priorities. I've seen my fair share of them coming and going.
Heck, I've even seen some of those using ip catching invisible pixels on their signatures, those same who preach righteousness on the bt land.

I guess there's no line dividing the good and the evil on BT, just people who can see further, and other who aren't capable of removing their head out of their arse.
Serb was just smarter and took advantage of those in need for protagonism. He clearly outsmarted them.

MuddSlinger
01-06-2010, 06:31 AM

I agree 100%

and for the record in all honesty, I should have taken this stance long ago (and I apologize to those affected)

But, it took sometime for me and others to say fuck it, if we get our info and our family's exposed for standing against what he was doing, and we may very well may end up exposed by serb for taking a stand against his actions.

If that's the price that has to be paid to put a stop to what has been going on then so be it. Him exposing now will only raise more people to oppose these actions.

Cabalo
01-06-2010, 06:39 AM
I'm glad you opened your eyes, and not being one of those I quoted with the "head up their arse".
Nothing can't be reversed, only death.

After all, this is just the interwebz, but some take it too seriously, and we all here waste more time than the average guy. no exceptions.
Hope you can help mend some damage that might have been caused.
You're welcomed here, though we all know the philosophical differences between this site and what many think BT should be.

Oh, and be assured any personal info eventually posted here will be promptly deleted.
It's one of the things not allowed here, unlike other places that ideologically disagree with this site and say it is evil.

hxck
01-06-2010, 06:47 AM
Tracker politics bullshit. Sucks, but its part of what we do.

Cabalo
01-06-2010, 06:50 AM
Tracker politics bullshit. Sucks, but its part of what we do.
It's what destroyed the spirit there was behind this protocol when it first appeared.

hxck
01-06-2010, 07:17 AM
Nobody likes a trader or cheater, but I have to agree with the rest that what Serb was doing wasn't okay. Shitty that a good tracker has to go down because of one person's idiocy. I understand it though, and wish all the staff and users good luck finding/doing something else.

MuddSlinger
01-06-2010, 07:31 AM
The site is closing for other reasons. There should be an announcement made on the site sometime soon for everyone.

falloniye
01-06-2010, 07:36 AM
Stupidity abounds. Drawing and quartering comes immediately to mind. This is the internet, after all... where people start to believe that they truly are, what they pretend to be.

Sorry to hear of the fiasco. But, I'm sure we'll see y'all in the usual hangouts. ;)

BlastGT1
01-06-2010, 07:51 AM
The site is closing for other reasons. There should be an announcement made on the site sometime soon for everyone.

The site is closing primarily for other reasons, but this debacle certainly sped things up. Serb was a Mod, then an Admin on TiT, was also a Mod on GFT. He disappeared some weeks back, probably due to him wedging himself in deep with sceners. Honestly, it made our jobs on TiT a fair bit easier, but it didn't stop the PM's and bragging about "I did this" or I caused that" which thoroughly disgusted both of us.

In the end, finding out that some people would rather dismiss his actions and keep him for his lone asset prompted me to immediately decide to shut the site down, rather than do what I mentioned in the post that was copied from the TPS forums. I didn't think it was prudent to have TiT either directly or indirectly contributing to, or benefitting from, someone of this nature.

I'm sure Serb will find this thread, as he will find others, and if he pre's on us, then so be it. We've got some scruples, he apparently doesn't. The sad thing is, he doesn't see that he's wrong to do what he's doing.

I'll raise this one more level, and see if I can shock FST with the statement. Assuming you aren't already aware, that is.

Serb once told me that he had access to either a current or former FST staffer's account, and that's where at least some of his info was coming from. I don't know whose account, so I can't help you there, but there you go, and access was willingly given to him, so he says.

Anyway, all that aside, I expected some flaming when I was pointed to this thread. I'm pleasantly surprised to see some level heads prevailing, and appreciate the good sentiment, even if we won't agree on all things bittorrent. It's nice to know that we can earn respect for being decent human beings once in a while.

Cheers.

Darhole
01-06-2010, 07:56 AM

The site is closing primarily for other reasons, but this debacle certainly sped things up. Serb was a Mod, then an Admin on TiT, was also a Mod on GFT. He disappeared some weeks back, probably due to him wedging himself in deep with sceners. Honestly, it made our jobs on TiT a fair bit easier, but it didn't stop the PM's and bragging about "I did this" or I caused that" which thoroughly disgusted both of us.

In the end, finding out that some people would rather dismiss his actions and keep him for his lone asset prompted me to immediately decide to shut the site down, rather than do what I mentioned in the post that was copied from the TPS forums. I didn't think it was prudent to have TiT either directly or indirectly contributing to, or benefitting from, someone of this nature.

I'm sure Serb will find this thread, as he will find others, and if he pre's on us, then so be it. We've got some scruples, he apparently doesn't. The sad thing is, he doesn't see that he's wrong to do what he's doing.

I'll raise this one more level, and see if I can shock FST with the statement. Assuming you aren't already aware, that is.

Serb once told me that he had access to either a current or former FST staffer's account, and that's where at least some of his info was coming from. I don't know whose account, so I can't help you there, but there you go, and access was willingly given to him, so he says.

Anyway, all that aside, I expected some flaming when I was pointed to this thread. I'm pleasantly surprised to see some level heads prevailing, and appreciate the good sentiment, even if we won't agree on all things bittorrent. It's nice to know that we can earn respect for being decent human beings once in a while.

Cheers.

Makes sense.

aen
01-06-2010, 08:10 AM
Oh it's here too...

I would love to say a big 'Thank you' to Blast and Mood cause they do right things from my view point. Looks like it's another example when ego wins commons sens and moral norms. I remember Serb made some good things for me, I wasn't a witness of that pre...so I don't know any details around this...but IMHO there are no any reasons in BT world (and in the whole real world as well) to made such things.
privacy...

Good luck to all guys who become much more public, good luck to TiT...:(

Glitterstep
01-06-2010, 08:11 AM
Serb once told me that he had access to either a current or former FST staffer's account

and your telling us NOW. . . .

Why dint you inform the staff at FST back then.. Is there any difference between you and Serb now >>// :dabs:

aen
01-06-2010, 08:12 AM
Serb once told me that he had access to either a current or former FST staffer's account

Why dint you inform the staff at FST back then.. Is there any difference between you and Serb now >>// :dabs:

Lets imagine that he will inform Serb's account.

BlastGT1
01-06-2010, 08:18 AM

I'm sorry, and you are.....?

I haven't bothered with this place since the last time I tried to post, and was informed by the system that my posts were moderated, had to pass muster with staff, and then saw that my post was never approved. Should I try to help a place that censors me because I tried to have a factual argument with then-staffer Detale about how trackers run?

Take your argument and your uninformed self back to the sidelines please, as my comments were obviously never meant for you.

FACE_TO_FACE
01-06-2010, 08:49 AM
It is sad that TiT have to end because of this situation. Such people should be banned permanently. On top of that after betraying the trust of others. Wish all the best for you BlastGT.

sez
01-06-2010, 08:55 AM
So basically he brought the condoms and you allowed him to fuck your wife as a token.
Niiice.....

Cabalo
01-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Thank you for the info, I was made aware of this info very few time ago.
This will certainly oblige us to reflect a bit on some of the security measures implemented here (and their obvious flaws).

If it means anything to you, what you're doing is probably the most notable gesture you will ever be reminded for in this BT land. I'm sure you earned many people's respect by going forward with this.
You earned mine, that's for sure.

Best of luck for your future projects (should you yet consider remain in the BT scene).

phrenzy
01-06-2010, 01:25 PM
I distanced myself from anywhere serb staffed a long time ago because of that. I'm glad someone of the more established crowd finally has the guts to stand up to this kid even though he has sceneaxx coming out of his ass.

I guess all we can say is HA TOLD YA'LL SO..... Glad I left there months ago to get away for that twat.... :naughty:

hagckz0r
01-06-2010, 02:00 PM
I haven't bothered with this place since the last time I tried to post, and was informed by the system that my posts were moderated, had to pass muster with staff, and then saw that my post was never approved. Should I try to help a place that censors me because I tried to have a factual argument with then-staffer Detale about how trackers run?

Hey, you don't have to worry anymore about posting moderation, as you see everyone posts here what passes through his head.

As for serb, I don't give a dime. If you all say Serb is such a threat for many why were you frightened to take measures in consequence? fack if it was for me , first mistake -> bum headsh00t

Burnsy
01-06-2010, 02:13 PM
You seriously don't know who you are talking about in this case with BlastGT1 and Muddslinger, they are both very senior and respected members of the BT community, Serb on the other hand.....

I too am one of those who has never heard of BlastGT1 or Muddslinger, however they appear to be well known and held in some sort of regard by a few people, judging by the posts on this thread... only ever heard of TiT too though never bothered researching the site or finding out any more about it...

Cheers.

I think all of us at some point have endured negative aspects of a situation/relationship or similar in order to benefit from something positive being gained at the time. In this case it appears that some person with scene axx "coming out of his ass" was simply tolerated because he was able to offer something to a site that made them a very attractive prospect for any BT user.

It's an unfortunate situation to be in... knowing your site is benefiting from something every site wants, and looking at your hard work coming into fruition as the popularity of your site grows... but knowing that it's coming from someone who is realistically affecting people in 'real-life'.

I suppose the temptation is there to turn a blind eye as they're not people you know personally, so it won't affect you, right? No real harm being done, is there?

I think it's brilliant that a stand was taken, and that 'the right thing' was done in the end. Real peoples lives should not be posted on the net by some malicious prick who wants to 'settle scores' or 'get one over' on people he has disagreements with. this in itself amounts to nothing more than bullying and is a personal pet hatred of mine...

The fact that BlastGT1 and MuddSlinger decided to do the right thing over anything else is highly commendable and can't help but restore faith in the fact that there are still some good Staffers and Site Owners (if that's what indeed you are) out there :)

If it means anything to you, what you're doing is probably the most notable gesture you will ever be reminded for in this BT land. I'm sure you earned many people's respect by going forward with this.

Best of luck for your future projects (should you yet consider remain in the BT scene).

I'm pretty sure it won't be of much consolation having had to make the difficult choice to close the site down... but having never heard of either of you before, then I'll always remember your usernames as those of 2 guys who chose to do the right thing over personal gain, even at the expense of being 'outed' yourselves.

I still can't help wondering myself though why you didn't just kick the guy 'serb' off the site, along with those staffers defending him... Although if he's as vicious as you say, I have no doubt the authorities would eventually have come knocking.

Sad to see another tracker die, as it always is, but at least there's some consolation in knowing that TiT went down voluntarily and for the right reasons....

All the best BlastGT1 and MuddSlinger

4pirates
01-06-2010, 02:16 PM
whatever tracker made cooperation with Serb always ends up bad. Who ever supports Serb, supports also his games. Serb only brings death to trackers he has been. Funny thing is e**** still didnt banned him I am just afraid his bad karma can ruin their kingdom too. Thats not a wish bigger to small we respect to all trackers, loss of tracker is ours together. But supporting Serb is like supporting all dirty games. Google it and you might find some info of all the negativity that he brings to all trackers that he has been. Tit was best of best years ago 4pirates.com Tit Tb oink these were the best sharing platforms that hit the torrenting world. But once TIT cameback it left the spirit behind. This quote was from the first page
They never really came back. I belive in that too. P.S.: Serb cant quit these games so he is around for sure just under new idents names, dont be fooled easily. Just taking a wild guess here and since he is pretty well connected. I am ready to take all negativity from his soldiers too. Shoot ;)

dragoi92
01-06-2010, 02:20 PM
I am sorry for ur tracker BlastGT1 but dont worry. The life goes on. This isnt the real life so dont worry for world here. Dont take serious.

And i am sad to see another tracker die.
And all the best BlastGT1 and MuddSlinger

BlastGT1
01-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Thank you for the info, I was made aware of this info very few time ago.
This will certainly oblige us to reflect a bit on some of the security measures implemented here (and their obvious flaws).

I appreciate your words, as I've always done my best to treat each person on a case-by-case basis, and not paint everyone with the same brush. I've been staffing on private sites for over 4 years now, and I'm not going to be disappearing into the night. I'm still around, and you might find me on the staff page of at least one high-profile tracker, if you look around a little bit, as well as another that's not as widely known.

Hey, you don't have to worry anymore about posting moderation, as you see everyone posts here what passes through his head.

As for serb, I don't give a dime. If you all say Serb is such a threat for many why were you frightened to take measures in consequence? fack if it was for me , first mistake -> bum headsh00t

In some cases (I won't speak for anybody else in particular), it was more the fact that we tried, time and time again, to get him to see the error of his ways, and when he continually refused to understand that intending to hurt people was wrong, we simply had no options left. Sometimes things don't manifest until much later, and then you're trying to do damage control. I'm sorry if some of you feel like you were the bottom rung on the ladder, but in all cases, people will look out for those closest to them first, then move outward from there. If there was so much fear, we'd still be silent on the matter. Rest assured that quite a few community staffers have had their issues with him, and have spoken up on the matter.

MaNiJaK
01-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Funny how noone was complaining about Serb from TiT when he was catching traders, deleting reviews and when TiT was winning races. And now when he is no more around, he suddenly became unwanted...

TheFoX
01-06-2010, 05:13 PM
This is what I love about FST. You get a lot of serious posts, then you get the n00bz posting. After all, anyone with any sort of knowledge would know of TiT, Blast, Serb and Mudd. Anyone who doesn't know of at least one of these institutions is way too n00bish.

New Hobby In BT to staff a site .. and serband other newbs are the product of such obsession

Considering that between Blast, Serb and Mudd, they have years of experience, I'd love to know what you would consider a relevant period of time not be considered a n00b.

BT newbs staff are all same ....

...and so are FST newbs posters.

Albo Da Kid
01-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Fuck both blastGT1 and Muddslinger.

When I confronted Muddslinger once about all the dirt that Serb and MelvinMewo was doing, he took their side and attacked me and now he's complaining that Serb stabbed him in the back. Fuck him he deserves it big time.

I think Muddslinger had something to do with my Global Ban attempts as well.

b3owulf
01-06-2010, 06:13 PM

When I confronted Muddslinger once about all the dirt that Serb and MelvinMewo was doing, he took their side and attacked me and now he's complaining that Serb stabbed him in the back. Fuck him he deserves it big time.

Noone is saint. You too.

pentomato
01-06-2010, 06:13 PM

Get a life, losers!

What do they do again?

sez
01-06-2010, 06:18 PM
a)serb was a hacker when they made him mod.
b)serb was still a hacker when they elevated him to admin.
Am glad that blast and mudd have taken a stand but all factors considered,this thread is basically a toxic mix of dissimilation,hypocrisy and duplicity.

I suppose the temptation is there to turn a blind eye as they're not people you know personally, so it won' t affect you, right? No real harm being done, is there?
That was probably it till it got real with one of them.

I think I know a little something about h4ckers(not n00bies who think they r l337 coz they phish IPs off FST).Talking big boy stuff here and I'll assume that's where you guys place serb.Closing the site is in essence you telling serb that he's won and he should double the hours he spends in his mommy's basement coding shit and stuff.

Bluntly put this is TiT got scared of banning serb so serb made em close shop.Believe you me what you are set on doing isn't going to help your cause.You don't ostracize the unwanted by caving in to the fear they try to infuse in you.
He's not god,settindice was given a time out and he came back different.
GFT is probably the only site that has the power to reason with this guy but I figure he's probably osmosised a little of himself into their heads.

PS:This is how you handle a good but a dumb h4cker who doesn't know where the line is at.
http://digitalgangster.com/4um/showthread.php?t=90715&highlight=miley

Albo Da Kid
01-06-2010, 06:19 PM

Noone is saint. You too.

True, no1's a saint but they could have avoided Serb's charade a long time ago by acting against him.
They shouldn't bitch and whine about him now after all this time.

Am glad that blast and mudd have taken a stand but all factors considered,this thread is basically a toxic mix of dissimilation,hypocrisy and duplicity.

Very well said

MiNiMAL
01-06-2010, 06:27 PM
I not like TiT ! so good ! :)

mikehorner
01-06-2010, 06:29 PM
GFT is probably the only site that has the power to reason with this guy but I figure he's probably osmosised a little of himself into their heads.
Serb's account is disabled on GFT. Last seen 2 days ago.

MuddSlinger
01-06-2010, 06:32 PM

say and believe what you wish, but I did not have any involvement with you being banned other then to post on forums when you'd talk out your ass just as you have done in this post here. I was not stabbed in the back by serb and is not why I have taken the stance I have. But once again you think you know everything but in reality you are very misinformed.

Funny how noone was complaining about Serb from TiT when he was catching traders, deleting reviews and when TiT was winning races. And now when he is no more around, he suddenly became unwanted...

There was but when other options are met with no result other avenues are taken.

Albo Da Kid
01-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Hey Muddslinger where was your "Righteousness" when Serb and MelvinMewo exposed Detale's personal information? How come no action was taken against these two fellas?

Cabalo
01-06-2010, 06:46 PM
By the way, thanks to mudd and blastergt1 for the tip, that leak was fixed, and so will be many other potential ones.

MuddSlinger
01-06-2010, 06:56 PM
Hey Muddslinger where was your "Righteousness" when Serb and MelvinMewo exposed Detale's personal information? How come no action was taken against these two fellas?

I voiced my view of being against the release of anyones personal information at all points in Detale's issue with his personal information and even talked with Detale about it on several occasions. But, you again have no idea what went on but run your mouth from an uninformed position. Ask Detale what my feelings were on the release of his or anyone elses information.

That1Guy
01-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Hey Muddslinger where was your "Righteousness" when Serb and MelvinMewo exposed Detale's personal information? How come no action was taken against these two fellas? He has already said that he has been putting up with this shit for a while and is fed up. Just because he didnt make this post then doesnt mean he agreed with anything being done. Are you seriously trying to attack muddslinger? I thought you were growing out of your trolling ways....

Albo Da Kid
01-06-2010, 07:07 PM

I voiced my view of being against the release of anyones personal information at all points in Detale's issue with his personal information and even talked with Detale about it on several occasions.

Whatever you did wasn't enough. I too talked to Detale about it and voiced my opinion in public against Personal Information exposure, but that didn't change much did it?
You should have acted on it right away. You should have gotten rid of him from TiT to teach him a lesson, or at least taking away his privileges for a month or two.

You can say whatever to defend yourself but the fact and the matter is that you had the power to do something about what serb was doing and you didn't.
I don't need to know any facts to know that you acted like a coward.

Go ahead though. Enjoy criticizing him now because it really means something.

Ewwwyourface
01-06-2010, 07:12 PM
ok muddslinger is pretending to be innocent and blaming serb when he also wastes his life global banning ppl lmfao

and wtf ppl are scared of serb haha hes a nerd whos all talk lol
plz serb hack my account here at FST right now i will give u 500$ money order to wherever u live lmfao wat a joke

That1Guy
01-06-2010, 07:14 PM
I voiced my view of being against the release of anyones personal information at all points in Detale's issue with his personal information and even talked with Detale about it on several occasions.

Whatever you did wasn't enough. I too talked to Detale about it and voiced my opinion in public against Personal Information exposure, but that didn't change much did it?
You should have acted on it right away. You should have gotten rid of him from TiT to teach him a lesson, or at least taking away his privileges for a month or two.

You can say whatever to defend yourself but the fact and the matter is that you had the power to do something about what serb was doing and you didn't.
I don't need to know any facts to know that you acted like a coward.

Go ahead though. Enjoy criticizing him now because it really means something.Who the fuck are you to tell him what he "should have done". There are tons of people who have/had the power to do something. Now you are attacking the person who did do something. Makes perfect sense :rolleyes:

hagckz0r
01-06-2010, 07:14 PM
By the way, thanks to mudd and blastergt1 for the tip, that leak was fixed, and so will be many other potential ones.

Are you always that secretive? Can you share with the audience which Mod was a snitch? :D

MuddSlinger
01-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Last time I looked I was not on the level of sysop on TiT and never was my input on staff promotions and/or demotions have been asked but never were they the deciding factor. So, to say I should of gotten rid of him is again a very uninformed stance. But, please continue....

Albo Da Kid
01-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Last time I looked I was not on the level of sysop on TiT and never was my input on staff promotions and/or demotions have been asked but never were they the deciding factor. So, to say I should of gotten rid of him is again a very uninformed stance. But, please continue....
Ehhhh..... keep making excuses.

Why wasn't your sysop doing his job btw? What exactly was his role in that tracker, to ban the traders that Serb handed to him, suck his cock and laugh at Serb's corny jokes? He should have been the one to act against serb if you weren't in any position to then.

But no wonder the tracker's going down. That's to be expected when you have someone like Serb in your team and a sysop who can't make decisions by himself.

But anyway. I'm gonna stop hugging this thread. Go ahead and discuss whatever you gotta discuss.

MuddSlinger
01-06-2010, 07:24 PM
ok muddslinger is pretending to be innocent and blaming serb when he also wastes his life global banning ppl lmfao

and wtf ppl are scared of serb haha hes a nerd whos all talk lol
plz serb hack my account here at FST right now i will give u 500$ money order to wherever u live lmfao wat a joke

yes I have global banned people but never did I release a damn thing about anyones personal information, and the being I wasn't scared of serb I was concerned for the safety of my family in the event going public would cause serb to release my details to some authority organization since I have been a little more then a everyday torrent user. There is and was a risk but it took a few steps in the middle for me not to beable to take it anymore and say something.

I'm such a evil dude even while I protected TSOL's account on tit, unbanning it every time it was banned by serb, resetting his and Detales ip history on a regular basis on TiT.

No where did i ever say I was an angel nor do I think I am one, but I never passsed anyone information anywhere except for an ip or email to other tracker staff which is common practice if you know it not.

Burnsy
01-06-2010, 07:32 PM

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?

Everyone fucks up... but it takes a bit more guts to hold your hands up and try stopping something and taking the flack for it than continuing to ignore it and letting what was wrong carry on happening. In my book that's commendable... doesn't make what happened in the past right, but it shows a realisation that something needs to change... "better late than never" springs to mind.

I could understand if either of the 2 guys were trying to exonerate themselves and shifting the blame, but from what I can read they have simply explained why the site is closing down... not solely blame one person... it seems there are other reasons too

Just curious... do you actually have a personal grudge against either MuddSlinger, or BlasterGT1?

That1Guy
01-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Just curious... do you actually have a personal grudge against either MuddSlinger, or BlasterGT1?

Yeah he seems to put some blame on muddslinger for not coming to his rescue when he pissed off some people by posting BS. I dont agree with "global bans" for acting like a fool, but you stir enough shit up and shit happens.

Burnsy
01-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Yeah he seems to put some blame on muddslinger for not coming to his rescue when he pissed off some people by posting BS. I dont agree with your "global ban" but you stir enough shit up and shit happens

I don't agree with Global Banning myself, but anyway... that certainly sheds some light onto the situation... i didn't think there was any neutrality or 'open mindedness' about what was being posted :lol:

mrnobody
01-06-2010, 07:54 PM
Yeap, those who are trolling in this thread hold something against the OP.

I can't think of any reason why anyone would disagree for what was done by the OP. Be you a niche user, or a trader, or a cheater, or even a invite seller, i'm sure you don't want your public infos posted/shared all over the interwebs.

MuddSlinger
01-06-2010, 07:57 PM
I got a grudge to... It's where I park meh car.

hxck
01-06-2010, 08:35 PM
I don't agree with Global Banning myself, but anyway... that certainly sheds some light onto the situation... i didn't think there was any neutrality or 'open mindedness' about what was being posted :lol:
I have to say I agree with global banning. If one person explicitly goes against the wishes of one tracker by trading/selling/hacking, he'll do it everywhere else too, its been proven over and over again. We as tracker staff don't do the things we do just for shits and giggles, we do it for the good of the community. You give a trader a chance, and he'll fuck you every time.

MuddSlinger: Don't feed the troll! :P No matter where it is, here, TorrentFreak, **************...you're always gonna get a steady batch of retards that think they know whats what. Let em think, they aren't worth the time or effort.

jayrite
01-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Now give back to all users what trackers they have lost.
afterall you helped their global ban. You know there was a global ban. Even you were at the top of the chain of command.

Isnt that strange you know Serbs actions all the way from the beginning and now you are talking because of tracker is not popular. And users are not blind or deaf, they probabily ignored you like you ignored them. You have seen all the info and that info layed there for some time. You are sharing the same crime as Serb. Shit is closing lets do a final talks about it. Thanks but still shit is there and it still smells and you were behind it by joining forces hand to hand with Serb. If he goes to jail , you share the same crime, you will to and that great anonimty or last excuses is just nonsense. You shared Serb's frauds, you made him admin and with making him admin for a single day you sold every users ip at Tit. You hold information from FST that Serb can access one of the staff accounts here. Knowing that once was your power and now telling that makes you a hero ?

Excuse me but you dont deserve a tracker or users, you just used TIT name and made profit with it and by giving that Serb scammer power, you let him fuck you and all users.

You can not share peoples personal information or you can not watch when some hacker shared that. You will only think he was doing it not us but it was your house morons. At gambling table house always wins and when they go down they go down all together. You feed the monster now be a man and dont say he was a monster, you made him growing up.

mievmo
01-06-2010, 10:02 PM
bad news :(

VinX
01-06-2010, 10:18 PM
OMG TiTS closing ... end of the world !!! no more boobs >.<

/sarcasm

sez
01-06-2010, 10:36 PM
This thread just shows how fucked up BT has become.
This is karma and you get what you get.Muddslinger sat and watched and probably laughed at other people getting d0xed by serb till it was his turn.
If he didn't get d0xed,he'd probably be in some irc talking shit about fst,racing releases with serb,probably receiving pms from this guy that he really didn't receive but received??

Like seriously dood wtf are you trying to pull here.You might be able to convince some to sympathize with you,probably those who don't really know what you and serb have been doing over the past few years but as far as am concerned you and him are equally as bad,the reason you are so butt hurt is coz you <3 him and he betrayed your friendship and d0xed your hypocritical ass.Why even ask why the vote wasn't unanimous when you wanted to ban him on TiT?
Ever heard of keep your emotions to yourself this is business?

I like how idoleyes words some of these things.Like Tiger woods would never have admitted to infidelity if he wasn't caught.You get d0xed and all over sudden your buddy is evil and needs to be globally banned?In my book,you are verging on the side that's worse than serb's.
Are you like trying to Settle a score?Like who does the most damage to the other?
You are a hypocrite and you are honestly starting to irritate me.What's so hard in owning up to some form of responsiblity?

Like how on earth is mudd being forthcoming with greater interest to the BT community when he waits till he gets owned so as to care about our welfare?
You are a self seeker dying for sympathy for what's coming your way and honestly I wish you all the best in your endeavour but you aren't the angel here.

0oh I got d0xed..ooh serb is evil....Ooh am gonna get pred...man fuck that.
Did serb put a gun to your head and ask you to add him to your facebook or something?How on earth did you even begin to make him a staffer you self seeking twat or are you just as dumb as barrywhite<---YOU WERE TOLD..OH YES YOU WERE

Own up to something man,you have a part in all this,I'll respect you for that and it'll say alot about you.

PS:Albo I think you should start sending some of these people back to their gossip IRCs and of course the TPS.

I like how themartinator has avoided this thread.Anyways I always had my suspicions,thanks for kinda confirming them.

phauk
01-06-2010, 10:42 PM
I guess there's no line dividing the good and the evil on BT, just people who can see further, and other who aren't capable of removing their head out of their arse.
Serb was just smarter and took advantage of those in need for protagonism. He clearly outsmarted them.

damn tootin' mate.

These kids need to stop thinking regisering a domain name, buying some pre axx, then buying a server to host a site on will make them a million.

Unless you have proper skills, stop opening sites people! I would say the best bt sites that exist are from ex-hackers, who know how to destroy something, therefore know how to keep it safe.

Artemis
01-06-2010, 10:55 PM
afterall you helped their global ban. You know there was a global ban. Even you were at the top of the chain of command.

Isnt that strange you know Serbs actions all the way from the beginning and now you are talking because of tracker is not popular. And users are not blind or deaf, they probabily ignored you like you ignored them. You have seen all the info and that info layed there for some time. You are sharing the same crime as Serb. Shit is closing lets do a final talks about it. Thanks but still shit is there and it still smells and you were behind it by joining forces hand to hand with Serb. If he goes to jail , you share the same crime, you will to and that great anonimty or last excuses is just nonsense. You shared Serb's frauds, you made him admin and with making him admin for a single day you sold every users ip at Tit. You hold information from FST that Serb can access one of the staff accounts here. Knowing that once was your power and now telling that makes you a hero ?

Excuse me but you dont deserve a tracker or users, you just used TIT name and made profit with it and by giving that Serb scammer power, you let him fuck you and all users.

You can not share peoples personal information or you can not watch when some hacker shared that. You will only think he was doing it not us but it was your house morons. At gambling table house always wins and when they go down they go down all together. You feed the monster now be a man and dont say he was a monster, you made him growing up.

How does that even make sense ? If your going to post on a public forum have the good grace to actually write coherently, that made my head ache, conspiracy theorists unite !

IdolEyes787
01-06-2010, 11:03 PM
The security of this forum would seem to be an issue if Serb and god knows who else was able to login to a staff members account for over a year without any of the staff here noticing. Time for upgrades in code or upgrades in staff.. replace the current ones with staff who can at least detect the over obvious. The fact Serb and at least 1 other bt staff member were using staff accounts was nothing new. It was mentioned over a year ago. You would think albo would spend his time bitching about that instead of bitching about fictional stories.

Unless I'm mistaken he wasn't using a staff members account he was using an ex-staff members account with the full knowledge and consent of the ex-staffer.Even at I can tell you for a fact that he didn't have access to privileged information.
Besides seeing as people are permitted just about every type of proxy on this site I don't know how a sudden change in IPs would be make anything overly obvious .
But then we as individuals all have our strengths and weakness' - some of us are internet literate ,some of us just literate.:rolleyes:

That1Guy
01-06-2010, 11:09 PM
This is karma and you get what you get.Muddslinger sat and watched and probably laughed at other people getting d0xed by serb till it was his turn.
If he didn't get d0xed,he'd probably be in some irc talking shit about fst,racing releases with serb,probably receiving pms from this guy that he really didn't receive but received??

Like seriously dood wtf are you trying to pull here.You might be able to convince some to sympathize with you,probably those who don't really know what you and serb have been doing over the past few years but as far as am concerned you and him are equally as bad,the reason you are so butt hurt is coz you <3 him and he betrayed your friendship and d0xed your hypocritical ass.Why even ask why the vote wasn't unanimous when you wanted to ban him on TiT?

I like how idoleyes words some of these things.Like Tiger woods would never have admitted to infidelity if he wasn't caught.You get d0xed and all over sudden your buddy is evil and needs to be globally banned?In my book,you are verging on the side that's worse than serb's.
Are you like trying to Settle a score?Like who does the most damage to the other?
You are a hypocrite and you are honestly starting to irritate me.What's so hard in owning up to some form of responsiblity?

Like how on earth is mudd being forthcoming with greater interest to the BT community when he waits till he gets owned so as to care about our welfare?
You are a self seeker dying for sympathy for what's coming your way and honestly I wish you all the best in your endeavour but you aren't the angel here.

Did serb put a gun to your head and ask you to add him to your facebook or something?How on earth did you even begin to make him a staffer you self seeking twat or are you just as dumb as barrywhite<---YOU WERE TOLD..OH YES YOU WERE

Own up to something man,you have a part in all this,I'll respect you for that and it'll say alot about you.

PS:Albo I think you should start sending some of these people back to their gossip IRCs and of course the TPS.

I like how themartinator has avoided this thread.Anyways I always had my suspicions,thanks for kinda confirming them.
Um so out of no where mudd just thought "hey serb may have my ip and shit". I dont think so. If anything, mudd has shown some serious balls taking his stance knowing that serb may have some details about him.

You obviously know nothing about this. But that is one thing fst is good for. A place for people who dont have a clue to act like a big shot and pretend they know what they are talking about... carry on

Artemis
01-06-2010, 11:10 PM

The only 'self seeker' I have seen so far in this thread is Albo da kid who has taken a thread that has nothing to do with him and once again turned it into a bitch about how he was globally banned, it's simple, piss enough people off and eventually they will ban you, bt is a microcosm of real life after all.
As for your weird rave about mudd being 'd0xed' it has nothing to do with the situation mudd has taken the decision to speak out knowing full well it may lead to retribution in the form of his personal details being leaked.
I wonder just how many of you keyboard warriors would react in the same situation? How many would have the courage of their convictions to speak out ?

MuddSlinger
01-06-2010, 11:12 PM

and you wonder why no one gave any info on him having access to an account here with dickheads like you spewing misinformed diarrhea from ya lips. See I can talk shit and flame people as well.

as for sez book of fiction i think its been covered well enough above by more then 1 person so this all I have to say about that.

1000possibleclaws
01-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Albo you've taken this thread way off topic. From what I know, the main problem, if any, is that it took Serb leaking privileged info on several well respected tracker staff members before any action was taken. By this stage it would be ridiculous for bt figures not to shun him. Thankfully, these guys from TiT put themselves on the line to do what everybody else was too scared to do, and I personally can only commend them for their actions.

As for TiT closing, I agree that that is the only possible conclusion to this. If the core staff are divided between the morality of this, there is really no other permanent solution.

seenaxes
01-06-2010, 11:59 PM
One of the most interesting things about polemical topics like this one is the polarity between the tone of posts. There are people posting reasonable, thoughtful comments and those posting hyperbolic, angry ad hominem attacks. Alone that is not very significant, but considering the fact that they form the opposing camps of the argument, it is clear that altogether this phenomenon is illuminating.

BlastGT1
01-07-2010, 06:08 AM
Let's try keeping this in perspective. First of all, WE didn't post anything about this on FST. It was copied from another forum and posted here.

We certainly don't feel ANY need to justify ourselves here, knowing just how many trolls inhabit the premises. Not to say that everyone at FST is a troll, because I know some people here are actually capable of intelligent thought and speech. Just not all of them.

Albo, keep breaking rules intentionally, and you're no better than Serb yourself. The difference is, he actually started out as a staff project, and cared about enforcing the site rules, and this wasn't JUST at TiT. He didn't run around on a crusade to piss off trackers like you did. No one gives a shit that you got yourself banned. If Serb had releases some real life info on you, then you might actually have a say in this thread.

To address the misconception that some asshat had, that TiT's name was used to make a profit, you don't have the first clue about anything. TiT has not come even close to paying its bills in the year plus that it has been back. Nor have we asked people for donations, or offered ratio for money. Why not? Because no one likes getting pestered by PM's or emails about donating money, and no one should be excused from trying to maintain a ratio just because they donate. That wouldn't be far to the people who actually make an effort. As for "using TiT's name," well, considering that I am the only remaining person who was staff on the old TiT, which was closed in 2006 when BREIN went after the old owner, I have a right to use the name. I own the code and the user database from which invites were sent when the site finally reopened. The current code and user database will be locked away, and will never be used to spam anyone once the site has closed its doors.

You want to know why Serb wasn't banned the first time he exposed personal info? Because we tried to give him a chance, we tried to educate him on ethics, and we tried to make him see that it was wrong. Isn't that what a lot of you piss and moan about around here, that you should be given a chance? Yes, it is. Don't be hypocritical and not apply it to ALL situations.

FYI, Serb has not been staff on TiT for the last couple of months, the same at GFT. Exposing tracker staff info apparently happened, before, during, and after his departure, and TiT/GFT staff were not the only staff who knew about what he was doing. He bragged to anyone who would listen. By the way, those of you who know that almost all trackers prohibit invite and account trading, which should be EVERYBODY here, when's the last time you went and told tracker staff that one of your fellow FST members was trading their invites or accounts? Again, not a blanket statement about all FST members, but don't kid yourself and pretend like trading doesn't go on behind closed doors here. That's the reason half of the trolls here hate trackers and talk shit in general. Break the rules, sooner or later you get broken, semantics and reasoning aside. If you can't say that you turn over wrongdoers to the proper authorities (in terms of private trackers), then you CANNOT come into this thread and fault anyone else for not doing what you think they should have done. And yes, it IS wrong if the trackers have stated their opposition to it. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, as it has been quoted.

Incidentally, FST is not the only target of the trackers and staff who zealously hunt traders and cheaters. Contrary to popular belief, you are not the only haven of this type of thing. And honestly, while I'd rather not put up with either one, I think I'd rather have a trader who would actually try to then follow the rules and maintain his account, than either a trader who only trades for money, or a cheater who screws everyone over.

And TiT isn't closing for any singular reason. It's a combination of many things, not all of which any of you know about, and some of which none of you will ever know about. Fear of Serb has nothing to do with it though. He could pre on me tomorrow, and even if it was actually accurate info, I wouldn't be admitting to the fact. I fear no one but God. Honestly, the majority of the time when anyone pre's this kind of info, it's inaccurate, or completely wrong. The guy who was selling Oink invites last year, whom the top man himself posted real life info on, even he was alleged to have had faulty information, and that some guy who had nothing to do with the kid who was selling received a lot of nasty phone calls.

Some of you wish harm on us, and yet you're bitching in the same breath about Detale's personal info being leaked? Double standard, perhaps? Maybe you're applying your selective reasoning to this, instead of being objective? I thought so. I'll admit that in light of this thread, I've actually got more respect for the general IQ of FST than I did coming in. Of course, some of you do nothing to help FST's reputation, and I'd dare say that you could make a cess pool seem attractive by comparison. Sorry, but I've got to get in the obligatory insults as well, No one's a saint, you know, as someone much earlier in this thread said.

Recap: The subject of this thread was copied from another forum to this one, and from there, everyone here decided to throw their two cents in, very few whom have much inside information, and many who have absolutely no information at all. We hated tracker staffers are perfectly willing to have a reasonable discussion with people, provided they aren't spewing shit and wildly errant speculation all over the place. Present yourself in an intelligent manner, without a vendetta attached, and you'll get a lot farther. Also, people who are honest usually get more leniency than those who deny things to the bitter end, and that goes both ways. But you can do what you want with my poast, assuming you could stick around long enough to read it all. Kudos to those who did.

IdolEyes787
01-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Let's try keeping this in perspective. First of all, WE didn't post anything about this on FST. It was copied from another forum and posted here.

We certainly don't feel ANY need to justify ourselves here, knowing just how many trolls inhabit the premises. Not to say that everyone at FST is a troll, because I know some people here are actually capable of intelligent thought and speech. Just not all of them.

In that I suppose then thing place is like most others your site included .:unsure:
Also keeping this in perspective I'd have been happier just as happy if it had never been posted copy and pasted here as well.

Furthermore just so it's clear ,since it's easy to be misunderstood on the internet, I'm neither flaming , arguing with or mocking you but I'd ( again) be just as happy if you didn't feel the need to colour every post with a dig at FST.
Imo any lesson in ethics is somewhat less believable if the speaker himself resorts to slinging mud.

Sincerely sorry about your site closing btw.

Tinfish
01-07-2010, 02:30 PM
RIP again, :-(

Some of us just wanted to be successfull, without being involved in all the shit your seeing (very small parts of) here.

We will of course look out for our active members, to make sure they find a new place to call home.

Seems I'm cursed to see all the sites I care about go down, Tit, ftwr, TiT again.
Some people actually enjoy being part of communities, and making BT a better experience, then there are the morons who always scream abuse when they get caught with they're hands in the cookie jar.

As for me Torrentit was my first private site, and I couldn't wait to be a part of it when it returned, after some big problems in getting it back, always hoped it would take off, it never quite did, understandable as we were just one of many 0-day trackers, but it was worth trying, perhaps some day we may yet get it right.

Imho however your ALL dancing to a merry tune designed to cause unrest in the BT community.
Perhaps I am paranoid now too :D

BlastGT1
01-07-2010, 11:21 PM
Furthermore just so it's clear ,since it's easy to be misunderstood on the internet, I'm neither flaming , arguing with or mocking you but I'd ( again) be just as happy if you didn't feel the need to colour every post with a dig at FST.
Imo any lesson in ethics is somewhat less believable if the speaker himself resorts to slinging mud.

Sincerely sorry about your site closing btw.

You'll have to forgive me. I've seen plenty of mud being slung here about a LOT of sites, past and present, TiT included. I figured, "When in Rome..."

And thanks for the sincerity.

What I wanted to say in my post was simply that Muddslinger and Blastg1 should shut the fuck up and blame themselves for not dealing with Serb earlier.
They used to be with serb in the TiT irc 24/7 for fucks sake. You mean to tell me that they couldn't do anything about his behavior? They preobably used to laugh at his jokes or some shit

Yea go ahead and accuse me of not having no proof and not knowing what I'm talking about. I don't need to have any proof to know that you and the whole TiT staff fucked up by allowing Serb to do his dirt. It's basic common sense.

They claim to have spoken against Serbs actions, but i don't believe none of it. They probably just told him once that they don't agree with what he does and thats it.
That's not how you deal with that kind of situation though. You're supposed to keep pressuring them into changing their ways and if you can't get through to them you should go talk to your highers and get him banned.
What I'm saying is voice your opinions. Remember how big of a deal I made against CN when they wrongfully accused Cabalo? Even though I had no power to change anything I at least tried. You guys had the power to do something about it and didn't and that's why I don't believe that you gave two fucks about what Serb was doing. You're probably just saying that now to save face.
If you really cared you would have done something about it.

The Tit staff was probably too happy with him bringing them traders/sellers, to get rid of him.
Another thing I thought was corny is that TiT was probably one of the worst private trackers in Bt, and they worried more about catching traders than fixing their tracker up. That's a Serb move right there.(worrying more about catching traders and showing off, than doing his job)
This guy took over your tracker ffs. He instilled his mentality into it and operated it his way.

Also another thing I think sounds kind of fishy is that BlastG1 was blaming the closing of TiT on Serb.
You sure TiT isn't closing down because it's been failing for a long time?

Please, PLEASE get your facts straight. At no time did we ever come out and say "Oh woe is me" about Serb. The facts were brought forward to fellow staffers first, and when some wanted to keep defending his actions, MuddSlinger chose to make a more public post declaring what was going on. Do you care that he actually is trying to put a stop to it, or are you so short-sighted that all you can do is go on about how "he should have said something sooner"?

You speak of yourself speaking out against a perceived wrong to someone else. Let me ask you this: How likely is anyone to listen to a less-reputable source, as compared to a known reputable source? Listen to the staffers who tried to tell him to stop, or listen to the prolific serial trader who goes on crusades against trackers because he has a grudge? Your own peers here seem to think you're a bit of a joke, from what I've read in this thread so far. You make a fine crusader, but you'd be a horrible diplomat and negotiator. You have the blind determination, but not the discretion and tact. Sounds uncannily similar to the person you're flaming us over.

TiT closing because of Serb? No, not at all. Those who are actually members there can see the reasons I've posted on the homepage. And honestly, I could care less about your opinion of the site. You have obviously never dedicated your time to others, and you don't know a thing about running a site. When you have coders who split time between two sites, as well as work full-time jobs and have families, YOU tell ME where the extra time to quickly work on things comes from. You've got plenty of time to bitch, maybe you should start a tracker and show us how it's done. I would absolutely ENJOY seeing you try to do it.

Serb didn't operate anything at a management level. He was never a SysOp, nor did he have any input into daily operations, nor did he do any coding. So to say he "instilled his mentality into it and operated it his way" would be a complete falsehood. There was never any point where he could tell anyone that they must do this or that, or else, with the exception of non-staff. He dictated nothing.

Cabalo mentioned that Serb's account is enabled and he's viewed this thread a few times already. That's exactly what I expected to happen, whether through his account or someone else's. This is how things turn out when you refuse to see the error of your ways, and you laugh at the friends who try to talk sense into you. Pre all the info you want. Pre me for all I care. It's the absolute refusal to listen to reason to reason that makes people turn their backs on you. Congrats on whittling down your friends to the bare minimum, and those left are probably because of your scene axx.

Albo, I have the perfect name for your new tracker. It will fit the thought running through your head when all people do is piss and moan while you work your ass off for free. Try this URL on for size:

www.stopbitchingat.me (http://www.stopbitchingat.me)

:wub:

MuddSlinger
01-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Please, PLEASE get your facts straight. At no time did we ever come out and say "Oh woe is me" about Serb. The facts were brought forward to fellow staffers first, and when some wanted to keep defending his actions, MuddSlinger chose to make a more public post declaring what was going on. Do you care that he actually is trying to put a stop to it, or are you so short-sighted that all you can do is go on about how "he should have said something sooner"?

Sounds just as it happened, a person can only tell someone so many times that what they are doing is completely wrong, and they don't agree with it. A person can also only ask someone so many times. How you feel if it was done to you, and get the answer I wouldn't like it then get a pm a few days later "look at who I fucked over this time." A person can only bring his concerns to the powers that be above him on the site he staffs and the powers that be on another tracker where the offender staffs. Before something has to be done. So, only other course was making my long time views known and public. To say, I didn't try and do something about this before is a total falsehood. Just because I didn't take it public till now doesn't mean I supported it at any point in time. Nor, will I ever condone or support it.

So, Sez and Albo you are free to post your uninformed false hoods about the topic at hand its ok with me cause I know the truth and it is far from what either of you have stated.

MadIrish
01-08-2010, 02:14 AM
Well this is an odd thread.

Firstly, its a real shame about TiT closing, as a member there I've not used the site as much as perhaps I could have, but then I've not been using many sites very heavily recently, all the bullshit that seems to surround the BT community these days has really started to put me off the whole thing a bit as anything other than a way to download the occasional file. It used to be simple, BT was about sharing things you enjoyed with like minded people; all this stuff about global bans, personal info, traders and trade-hunters, cheats, narks, rivalries and trolls won't kill it as a file sharing protocol, but it is killing what made it special. Imo of course.

Personally I don't know anything about this "serb" fella and all this drama, but I have known of BlastGT1 for several years through another, now defunct site, and I can honestly say he's always struck me as a very genuine and decent person who has what could be called the old-skool BT values at heart. One of the good guys imo, so I think its a real shame the project to restore TiT to its former glory has't worked out that way, I guess that's indicative of the way BT has changed (and not for the better). All the best of luck in your future endeavours within and outside the BT world Blast, and remember that for all the muppets who shout the loudest there will always also be many others, usually not as vocal admittedly, who respect your efforts to do things the right way.

Oh, and despite this site having a certain reputation, its an open forum and there are people around these parts with all sorts of backgrounds and views on torrenting, from those who've never broken a tracker rule in their lives to those who break them habitually, from those who despise trolls to those who define the term. This is anything other than a unified community, so it really is a mistake to view it as one and assume everyone here thinks or acts in the same way, or condones everything that's said or done by others. It is indeed that lack of unity that is also fst's strength as a forum and makes some of the debate on the site pretty interesting, containing as it does far larger numbers of differing perspectives than one often finds at other, more "respected" sites.

Benjamin
01-08-2010, 03:09 AM
Well TiT is closing now, something is obviously being done about the Serb/Nimueh/Whitney situation, I don't know why some of you are re-hashing the past. I know both BlastGT1 and Muddslinger are good people with good intentions, Serb on the other hand has a malicious nature about him.

DonkeyPacker
01-08-2010, 04:10 AM
A damn shame, especially considering the progress TiT has made recently and the potential it had to be a rare competitive gazelle 0 day tracker. I wish the best to all parties involved and will condemn no one because I do not have nearly enough information and won't talk out of my ass.

I can only hope Blast sticks around because he's real fun to talk to irc and makes amazing bots. I think I'll go look for him right now.

brightsid
01-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Closing of a tracker like TiT is sad news for me.

Albo Da Kid
01-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Closing of a tracker like TiT is sad news for me.

Stop lying lol. What exactly makes you sad about TiT closing? I could understand if TiT was a little more like Scl in the community aspect, but TiT was juts a hangout for the scumbags and dirtbags of the BT. Kind of like a similar version of TopHos

I'm not just saying that to piss blastg1 and muddslinger off. That's how I always felt about tit. Nothing good could ever come from that place and the best thing they ever did was deciding to close it.

TiTv2 was an insult to the original TiT.

ramishka
01-08-2010, 08:10 PM
15 private trackers to help out TiT members:
http://filenetworks.blogspot.com/2010/01/private-tracker-invites-for-torrentit.html

Also here:
http://www.torrentit.eu/forums.php?action=viewthread&threadid=1017

bladesharp
01-09-2010, 03:35 AM
I'd be thrilled to hear them, because good ideas can come from anywhere and everywhere, sometimes where you least expect.

An ideal tracker shuld be --Sysops,admins,mods well known to each other for 2 years min - yeah great friends. --Need heavy investments (consider the passion) :D --Allow only the friends and proved to be good users, A collector also can be a good user sometimes. --You cannot stop trading, try to increase the levels its getting traded :) --Take time to grow, 1 year minimum --Identify good users and invite them to join. --Automated security system if something goes wrong. Now laugh

Spanky
01-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Looks like they didnt make it to the 20th, they have closed now.

n00bz0r
01-09-2010, 03:27 PM
TorrentIt is offline for good. Sorry we couldn't stay open until Jan 20th.

:blink:

karachidude
01-09-2010, 05:31 PM
its down already,cant reach it :(

AdrianPhoto
01-09-2010, 09:58 PM
I think most of the active users there will go to PtN

lol87
01-09-2010, 11:26 PM
Am I the only one who got a mail from Torrentit? Please read part of the letter below.

You have been invited to DigitalHive. With the closing of TorrentIt.eu happeningin the near future we wanted to give the existing users of Torrentit.eu a new home. This is your email invite, please follow the links below to create your account. This invite will expire in 3 days so please make use of it. Please do not reply to this email. This is a private site and you must agree to the rules once you join:

Sp00ner
01-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Am I the only one who got a mail from Torrentit? Please read part of the letter below.

You have been invited to DigitalHive. With the closing of TorrentIt.eu happeningin the near future we wanted to give the existing users of Torrentit.eu a new home. This is your email invite, please follow the links below to create your account. This invite will expire in 3 days so please make use of it. Please do not reply to this email. This is a private site and you must agree to the rules once you join:

I got one of those to but what gets me is I'm not a member of TiT or DH so how they get my email? Not like I really care I don't need another useless tracker tbh.

Kramer
01-10-2010, 12:27 AM
can anyone help me out getting in touch with someone at PtN. i was a TiT member but didnt apply in time. does Edde post here?

That1Guy
01-10-2010, 01:01 AM
can anyone help me out getting in touch with someone at PtN. i was a TiT member but didnt apply in time. does Edde post here? Did you remember to take a screen shot of your profile over at TiT?

Kramer
01-10-2010, 01:15 AM
can anyone help me out getting in touch with someone at PtN. i was a TiT member but didnt apply in time. does Edde post here? Did you remember to take a screen shot of your profile over at TiT?
yes i did. site went offline just as i was messaging edde.

That1Guy
01-10-2010, 01:21 AM
i would edit your email out.

I can probably get ahold of someone from ptn. I'll PM you.

dragoi92
01-10-2010, 01:30 AM
Did you remember to take a screen shot of your profile over at TiT?
yes i did. site went offline just as i was messaging edde. my email is ***** if someone can help out.

Dont write ur gmail here

n00bz0r
01-10-2010, 03:23 AM
can anyone help me out getting in touch with someone at PtN. i was a TiT member but didnt apply in time. does Edde post here?

i doubt that.
anyway..there are a few updates to come in this regard. :cool:

krasnov
01-10-2010, 10:50 PM
hm, seems like quite a few are dying right now :/

qwerty8
01-11-2010, 06:00 PM
tit closed early :(

need a new home! ex-uk-t'er here... I thought tit would be it.. guess not.

IdolEyes787
01-11-2010, 06:06 PM
If you are "homeless" I suggest going to a government agency and seeking help.

anon
01-11-2010, 06:12 PM
need a new home! ex-uk-t'er here...

Wrong thread. :happy:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-general-bittorrent-43/t-what-happened-to-uk-t-374142

signalearth
01-11-2010, 09:03 PM
too bad, enjoyed the site while i was there... thanks to the staff for their time and effort. R.I.P.

Tinfish
01-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Plenty of sites offered to take in ex torrentit members.
And you all should have received a DH invite already, if not check your spam folders.

I need to work on a full list of sites we can offer :) going to take a short while, and I will most likely deal with it all on irc, rather than on any specific forums once I get it done.

zooks
01-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Hi all, another UK ex torrentit user here, I missed the DH invite as it went in the spam box and its now expired.

Please could someone be so kind as to PM me whos taking in torrentit refugees.

Cheers

anon
01-15-2010, 04:36 PM

You won't be able to send or receive PMs until you have 2 posts and 15 days have passed since your registration date.

zooks
01-15-2010, 04:51 PM

You won't be able to send or receive PMs until you have 2 posts and 15 days have passed since your registration date.

Ok thanks for letting me know

iLOVENZB
01-16-2010, 11:35 AM

Get a life, losers!

MuddSliger from AL?

sear
01-16-2010, 11:55 AM
Yes he's from AL among other places.