PDA

View Full Version : Following up the discussion...

hagckz0r
01-06-2010, 10:04 PM
from this thread: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-general-bittorrent-43/t-torrentit-closing-in-two-weeks-386608

I really have some questions for the mods here.

It was proved and already accepted by a mod here that a dark knight of torrents (Serb) had access to a moderator account from over here. I'd like to know if that account to which Serb had access is closed and if measures were taken for things like this not to happen.

In the past many users complained by the obvious answers some admins gave when they were banned: They got the IP from FST.
If I remember well this answer was given by Serb himself, but not only him. Nobody, but nobody wanted to hear such a thing and this was reported many, many times that IPs leak from FST. All 'clever & smart' mods of FST couldn't take an answer like this, I wonder if any mod did ever think of such a possibility and made some checkings :/

Now that such a breach in your security was found, I hope you are going to make things right. Just think that in all this time, when Serb or to another person from its entourage didn't like of you, he would simply log-in here and badabom here's the IP.

PS. I don't take in consideration that other caught some IP's using pictures & god knows what.

I just want to make sure that 'scarry' things as IPs leaking like that don't happen again.

Burnsy
01-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Some of that's fair comment...

I'd be curious myself to know if the account of the Mod in question is still active and if the Mod themselves is still on here, also, is there anyway of knowing what period the account was being abused?

Funkin'
01-06-2010, 10:22 PM
How embarrassing for the owners(if this is true) that someone was able to hack a staff account, and then continue to access it up to a year...

susiserken
01-06-2010, 10:58 PM
How embarrassing for the owners(if this is true) that someone was able to hack a staff account, and then continue to access it up to a year...

Many uses the same passwords all over the net. So if a hacker gets hold of a password from a staff member from where ever its easily done ;)

IdolEyes787
01-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Serb used a couple other accounts simply because the original owners allowed him to.
As for having access to peoples IPs I can categorically state no bs that that isn't true.

Burnsy
01-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Serb used a couple other accounts simply because the original owners allowed him to.
As for having access to peoples IPs I can categorically state no bs that that isn't true.

That'll do for me...

Cheers :)

Cabalo
01-07-2010, 04:04 AM
As Idol said, there was an user consent to allow that. Let's be honest, it doesn't cross anyone's minds it could happen, either be it here or any other place else. The access has already been removed and other measures are being discussed to increase site's security.
FYI, only red and blue stars have access to the full account details and to the report section. Not even emails they had access to, only to our staff section.
In the end, it was only staff's privacy here which was threatened, not the users details. Not even bans or infractions are discussed there. Everything else you might have heard is a load of crap, starting with accusations we hand out IPs and ending with he had any account access.
All those were insinuations that were meant to make people lose some confidence in this place. I remember reading accusations that skiz gave out IPs, when he is the person who less gives a crap on people who tried to intimidate him.Go figure...

hagckz0r
01-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Fair enough... :).
Can be closed.

Pwner101
01-07-2010, 09:11 AM
LOL is all I can say...
(Take it at what you want at least 2 posts in this thread were ever so funny.)

kurdt
01-08-2010, 05:40 AM
Now that such a branch in your security was found

:whistling

Hombre
01-08-2010, 06:13 AM
only those who trade have sth to f34r ! :ninja:

hagckz0r
01-08-2010, 08:15 AM
@ kurdt - its breach you faggot, as swepshyco said learn to see, read, write, hear :D

@Hombre wtf is
sth to f34r

solarbladeII
01-08-2010, 08:19 AM
@ kurdt - its breach you faggot, as swepshyco said learn to see, read, write, hear :D

@Hombre wtf is
sth to f34r

You have hagckz0r as your nick (Hack-sor) and you can't read what he's written?

S-H-I-T to F-E-A-R

bladesharp
01-08-2010, 08:25 AM

@Hombre wtf is

You have hagckz0r as your nick (Hack-sor) and you can't read what he's written?

S-H-I-T to F-E-A-R

or something to fear :D

kurdt
01-08-2010, 08:36 AM
from this thread: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-general-bittorrent-43/t-torrentit-closing-in-two-weeks-386608

I really have some questions for the mods here.

It was proved and already accepted by a mod here that a dark knight of torrents (Serb) had access to a moderator account from over here. I'd like to know if that account to which Serb had access is closed and if measures were taken for things like this not to happen.

In the past many users complained by the obvious answers some admins gave when they were banned: They got the IP from FST.
If I remember well this answer was given by Serb himself, but not only him. Nobody, but nobody wanted to hear such a thing and this was reported many, many times that IPs leak from FST. All 'clever & smart' mods of FST couldn't take an answer like this, I wonder if any mod did ever think of such a possibility and made some checkings :/

Now that such a branch in your security was found, I hope you are going to make things right. Just think that in all this time, when to Serb or to another person from its entourage didn't like of you, he would simply log-in here and badabom here's the IP.

PS. I don't take in consideration that other caught some IP's using pictures & god knows what.

I just want to make sure that 'scarry' things like IPs leaking like that don't happen again.

who's the faggot that wrote "branch of security," faggot?

A
01-08-2010, 08:48 AM
:facepalm:,now the fight is over mis-spelled words?meh...

hagckz0r
01-08-2010, 09:53 AM
4bY, those gays ... :D

@kurdt you faggot, edited my initial post now.. are you happy? _|_