PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying dedicated server

surya_neo
01-10-2010, 04:01 AM
Hi,

I have been trying to get myself a seedbox for quite some time now.Although i will be using it for keeping my ratio,i would like to use it for rapidleech and rs2rs.Initially i was looking for a shared seedbox.After going through several posts and forums i came to the conclusion that shared seedboxes would not help me so i have decided to increase my budget to get a dedicated server.
I have looked into several seedbox providers

Xirvik: Although their cheapest plan is little more than my budget i wanted to try them out.But i was told that if i want to install custom scripts(rs2rs and rapidleech) i will have to buy a plain server with root access without any basic settings.Since i am a noob in linux..i decided to move on..

2)seedhost.net & seedplace.eu:they are not accepting any orders now.

3)dedicatedpros.com: their C05 plan is more than enough for me but setup cost is too high

4)seedhost.eu: I have almost decided to go with their ST Mini plan..but just wanted to know few things from any of u using their servers.

a)Does the seedbox come with some basic settings like rtorrent/utorrent/torrentflux

b)mysql and php

c)Do they have rar/unrar

d)what are their avg download/upload speeds.

e) which plan is better considering my requirements? Seed1 or ST MINI?

4)seedboxservers.net:they have a 35Eur plan..but they seem to be new..so need feedback about them..

If any of you guys have any suggestions/feedback..Please help me...

cherio
01-14-2010, 01:36 AM
dedicated servers can get expensive. Are you planning on using it for more than a month?
Since you're interested in using it for RS, check Superseedbox semi-dedicated plan #2. It comes with Rapiduploader, unrar, and VNC.

seedhost-net
01-14-2010, 04:53 AM
Shared box 250Gb (1 Available)
Active Torrents: Unlimited
FTP Access: Yes
VNC aAccess : Yes
Software: uTorrent(1.8.4)+webGUI
Customers on server: 1
Hard Disk: 1x250GB
Disk type: SATA2
SwitchPort: 100mbps
Traffic: Unlimited

€38.00 EUR Monthly

;)

adwrz
01-14-2010, 04:41 PM
What is your budget for this

PerMaFrOsT
01-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Shared box 250Gb (1 Available)
Active Torrents: Unlimited
FTP Access: Yes
VNC aAccess : Yes
Software: uTorrent(1.8.4)+webGUI
Customers on server: 1
Hard Disk: 1x250GB
Disk type: SATA2
SwitchPort: 100mbps
Traffic: Unlimited

€38.00 EUR Monthly

;)

Old kimsufi Series without bandwidth limit? Could interest me :happy: You will do a discount if i buy more than one? I could be interested in you 6x Old Series Kimsufi so PM as soon as possible.