LanEv0
10-15-2003, 10:46 PM
Sup guys, since cz is gold ne idead on where i can dl it :D

Evil Gemini
10-15-2003, 11:57 PM
CZ is out ??? :blink:

Cl1mh4224rd
10-16-2003, 01:15 PM
Not quite yet, but almost. When a game "goes gold", a master copy is sent out to the pressing plants. Then they're released to the stores.

I believe that's how it works...

Octopussy
10-16-2003, 01:54 PM
so they send only 1 (ONE [1]) master copy!? wat if it gets stolen or when they are sending it falls out ont he ground and gets ran over by 10 trucks in the mud

miffo
10-16-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Octopussy@16 October 2003 - 13:54
so they send only 1 (ONE [1]) master copy!? wat if it gets stolen or when they are sending it falls out ont he ground and gets ran over by 10 trucks in the mud
what would be the problem to deliver/send/make another1??? --none I say

they probably has the freakin NSA or secret service guardin it anyways :lol: :lol:

Octopussy
10-16-2003, 02:20 PM
but why wont they send more then 1 copy

miffo
10-16-2003, 02:31 PM
btw he says "a mastercopy is sent to the pressing plantsssssss" doesn't imply that there's only 1 to 1 pressing plant does it??
big difference if the send 1 or 100 or 1000 it wouldn't matter if u can make 2 bizzilions in a couple of mins
.... a y bother I'll check it up

Octopussy
10-16-2003, 02:33 PM
i dont understand you all i know is ur gona check it up....let me know lol

miffo
10-16-2003, 03:06 PM
ok here we go....it's like this may be some incorrect stuff but this is the principle way they manufacture

1. the softw company sends a premaster to the pressing plant
which is a cd-r or hdd or anything containing the information that should go to the discs

2. the pressing plant makes (one or as many as they want) a real master or glassmaster, thats the expensive part of the work. They place nickel on a really clean thick glass disc by some high tech method.
This master takes a bit of time to make couple of days I think, and when it's done it's the exact image of what the disc-surface will look like

3. When the master is finished it takes about 3-6 seconds to make a CD by putting the melted raw-material plastic onto the master and press it

4. the backside is coated (sputtered) with aluminum which will reflect the laserbeam in the player (y it's worse to scratch the back of your discs than the front)

5. a layer of laque (transparent stuff like car paint) on top of the aluminum
this is y really cheap discs will go corrupt quickly, cause of bad coating on the back

6. paint, cover and so on...finished discs
:sleeping:

XtAsY
10-16-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by miffo@16 October 2003 - 15:06
ok here we go....it's like this may be some incorrect stuff but this is the principle way they manufacture

1. the softw company sends a premaster to the pressing plant
which is a cd-r or hdd or anything containing the information that should go to the discs

2. the pressing plant makes (one or as many as they want) a real master or glassmaster, thats the expensive part of the work. They place nickel on a really clean thick glass disc by some high tech method.
This master takes a bit of time to make couple of days I think, and when it's done it's the exact image of what the disc-surface will look like

3. When the master is finished it takes about 3-6 seconds to make a CD by putting the melted raw-material plastic onto the master and press it

4. the backside is coated (sputtered) with aluminum which will reflect the laserbeam in the player (y it's worse to scratch the back of your discs than the front)

5. a layer of laque (transparent stuff like car paint) on top of the aluminum
this is y really cheap discs will go corrupt quickly, cause of bad coating on the back

6. paint, cover and so on...finished discs
:sleeping:
wow...

miffo
10-16-2003, 03:10 PM
So if u don't get your hands on a allready finished disc from after the pressing
(that someone "borrowed" :lol: ) or the premaster it would be hard to obtain a copy
and they often make last minute changes on the premaster

forgot that they control every discs surface and throw away the defect ones too
somewhere in the process

Octopussy
10-16-2003, 06:34 PM
wow that was awesome now i know what goes on i learned something new today on the board instead of stupid school

-=Hellfire=-
10-17-2003, 05:24 PM
Downloading it. NOT from kazaa so it could be real :D . Will let you know what happens.

Octopussy
10-17-2003, 06:23 PM
....you suck

why not buy cz valve worked hard onit

RedRival
10-17-2003, 07:08 PM
i don't have confidence in any CS major updates or expansions after seeing what happened with 1.6. Not onl steam was bad, I thought the game concept became more unidealistic. But I have to say it became more fun, but removes the cs out of cs. :D

3rd gen noob
10-17-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by =Hellfire=-@17 October 2003 - 17:24
Downloading it. NOT from kazaa so it could be real :D . Will let you know what happens.
been on newsgroups since the 11th (the single player only)