PDA

View Full Version : Help with What.CD

map07023
01-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Hello,

My What.CD was account was recently banned. I believe it to be an unfair ban and was not even given a chance to explain the situation before the staff banned me from IRC, thus, leaving me no way to get in contact with staff and get my account re-enabled. Here's the story:

About a year ago, I heard about What.CD from a friend. I logged onto the IRC channel, took the interview, passed and created my account. I was talking to some co-workers about the site and told them that I could invite them if they were interested, which they were. I invited to co-workers (Jon and Kyle) and they created accounts. Jon then proceeded to invite multiple e-mail accounts of his, and create 3 or so different What.CD accounts so he didn't have to worry about ratio. Kyle was a responsible user and followed the rules, and also invited our boss Charlie who used the site responsibly. Within a few days, all of our accounts had been banned. I logged onto the IRC channel to inquire and before I could even explain the situation, they banned me and all the accounts claiming that they were "all my accounts and that I was creating multiple accounts" which is not the case. They only evidence they had to support this theory was that my account and Jon's account had been logged onto from the same location...however, we had both simply logged onto our accounts from the work computers and were showing each other our profiles. I know I used bad judgement when inviting Jon, but he had told me that he was going to be a responsible user and follow the rules. Additionally, during my time on What.CD, I had followed all rules and maintained a nice ratio. Jon is no longer working with me and I do not have any contact with him. (This all took place in March of 2009).

Fast forward to November of 2009 or so, a different friend of mine whom I had sold my laptop too (the one I had been using to access my What.CD account) informed me that he had passed the What.CD interview and created an account. He offered to invite me which I was excited about and and I created an account. Within a day, we were both banned and again, I made an attempt at accessing the IRC server to see what was up. I told them that he was using my old laptop and that these were two different accounts but they immediately banned me.

Last night, I figured i'd log onto the IRC server and see if there was anyway I could get my original account back. I spoke with someone named Pyt3hon (or Py3thon, something like that) whom was very friendly and listened to my entire story. He decided to give me the benefit of the doubt and reinstate my account. I was super excited however, this morning when I went to log in, I had been banned. Again I logged onto the IRC server and spoke with someone who didn't give me a chance to say anything before banning me.

I know this a confusing situation, but I can assure you this is the 100% truth. If anyone knows a moderator that I could talk to or something to possibly get my account re-instated, I would GREATLY appreciate it. I can also provide proof of everything I have said. Thanks!

cinephilia
01-11-2010, 09:01 PM
hopefully, you'll get it sorted out. good luck.

th0r
01-11-2010, 09:16 PM
i'm betting you won't get any of your previous accounts back; if you're not ip banned already, try registering another account from a different ip address while choosing a different username (but gl finding someone here who'll want to invite you) and avoid making the same mistakes you just outlined

remember, on most trackers, you take full responsibility for ever new user you invite, so be cautious of who you give your invites to

Rart
01-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Ouch. This seems like one nasty little mess you got yourself into. At least you were honest with the staff, and they decided to give you another chance.

Hopefully one of the what.cd staff will see the thread.

AdrianPhoto
01-11-2010, 09:38 PM
I told them that he was using my old laptop and that these were two different accounts but they immediately banned me.I really don't get this!
Did you sell your laptop + home connection + the same IP to your friend?
and please don't tell me you sold the laptop with all the files and browser history and cookies!

kukushka
01-11-2010, 09:39 PM
gl finding someone here who'll want to invite you
you forgot that he's good at passing interviews :)

anyway, general advice for everyone: don't fuckin invite no one, asking to disable your invite privilegues is even better method cause this way you'll be isolated even from suspictions of trying to invite somebody baaaad :)

AdrianPhoto
01-11-2010, 09:41 PM
asking to disable your invite privilegues is even better method
and when someone asks you for invite, you just show them that you REALLY can't
I like this idea

map07023
01-11-2010, 09:45 PM
AdrianPhoto,

I sold him my laptop...he used it at his own house on his own IP, but somehow they were able to track it i'm not sure how. I got a new macbook pro, so i figured id give him a deal on my old HP...anyway, hopefully this can get sorted out because I am telling the truth! Thanks.

And yea, if somehow i get back on, im not inviting a fucking soul :)

anon
01-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Well, it's on What.cd rules that if you ever log in from the IP of someone that's also a member, or reversed, your accounts will be linked - thus affecting both if one of them breaks the rules.

I guess you can only expect the What.cd staff to see your post and make the final decision. Do NOT try to make a new account unless you can handle it.

WhatMan
01-11-2010, 10:15 PM
The reason why you were disabled again is simple. When you went into the disabled channel, you did not tell the truth and mention that you had had second account. When pyth3n found this out, he banned you again, for dishonesty - white lies are still lies.

In creating this thread, you've made me perform further investigation. Your second account was identified as cthuskies1988. It was invited by the user kw1k. When questioned, kw1k said that he had bought the laptop from someone named Jon, and you, Michael, were some random guy that he knew in high school and hasn't spoken to in years.

The stories don't add up. You say you sold your computer to kw1k, he says he bought it from Jon. So who are you?

EDIT: I also despise the number of people here (in every thread of this vein) who suggest that he cheat his way back in by getting a second account, and offer him advice on how to avoid detection. It is because of people like you that many staff no longer offer help on this forum, and it will be because of you that the remaining ones will eventually abandon it. By creating posts like this, you are driving utility away from your community, and by driving utility away from it, you are contributing to its own eventual destruction. This is not advised.

AdrianPhoto
01-11-2010, 10:20 PM
When questioned, kw1k said that he had bought the laptop from someone named Jon, and you, Michael, was some random guy that he knew in high school and hasn't spoken to in years.
I really love this!

cinephilia
01-11-2010, 10:37 PM
another one who turns out to be manipulative and dishonest in spite of his "apparent frankness". disheartening.

map07023
01-11-2010, 10:47 PM
That is simply not true. I can provide proof that the computer he is using is my old computer. I am telling the 100% truth whether you believe me or not. I have ample evidence that I can provide in a private message from a moderator or someone that can prove all of this.

Rart
01-11-2010, 10:47 PM
EDIT: I also despise the number of people here (in every thread of this vein) who suggest that he cheat his way back in by getting a second account, and offer him advice on how to avoid detection. It is because of people like you that many staff no longer offer help on this forum, and it will be because of you that the remaining ones will eventually abandon it. By creating posts like this, you are driving utility away from your community, and by driving utility away from it, you are contributing to its own eventual destruction. This is not advised.

Just to be clear here, I don't believe that FST condones such duplicitous actions, of any sort here. Idol, Cabalo, cine, and many of the other regulars here try their best to point out when people are attempting to receive invites under false pretenses, and they are dealt with accordingly. We aren't perfect however, and with a open forum such as this only so much can be done.

map07023
01-11-2010, 10:48 PM
I am not trying to be manipulative at all...I am honest and just trying to get my account back. I can get references from power users that I know in RL and others that prove all of this.

map07023
01-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Whatman, could you possible speak to me in private some how? Aim, IRC, or something so I can provide you with some names and other things that I would not like to put out here in public?

I can also provide photo identification, and get alibis from at least 3 other users proving everything I have said to be true.

I am not trying to be manipulative in any way or form...i'm simply trying to get my account back so I can contribute the community. If I was in fact lying and everything you guys said was the case, do you think I would be on here trying this hard to get my account back? I can assure you everything I am saying is true and I can provide ample evidence to prove ALL of this.

Cabalo
01-11-2010, 11:35 PM
The reason why you were disabled again is simple. When you went into the disabled channel, you did not tell the truth and mention that you had had second account. When pyth3n found this out, he banned you again, for dishonesty - white lies are still lies.

In creating this thread, you've made me perform further investigation. Your second account was identified as cthuskies1988. It was invited by the user kw1k. When questioned, kw1k said that he had bought the laptop from someone named Jon, and you, Michael, were some random guy that he knew in high school and hasn't spoken to in years.

The stories don't add up. You say you sold your computer to kw1k, he says he bought it from Jon. So who are you?

That criticism, though I understand where you're coming from, is a bit unfair.
As Rart said, we're doing a genuine effort punishing people who lie here, and there are several examples in the past few months.
You raised a good point, but it's mostly a moral issue, i.e. explaining how to circumvent tracker's rules, and we haven't given much thought about that. The main issue is that it would turn us into censors, and that pretty much goes against this forum's general philosophy. As a mod, it's a big dillema we have here.

IdolEyes787
01-12-2010, 12:04 AM
I delete posts counseling cheating and give out infractions if they are habitual or explicit .
I think that it's not even necessarily a moral decision on my part, it is simply protecting a shared interest.
Really you have to draw a line at some point and I don't think that that is being unfairly suppressive.

map07023
01-12-2010, 12:05 AM

I wasn't asked about my other account...I wasn't trying to lie or hide it, it had been banned so I just forgot about it. I was simply just trying to get my map07023 account back.

Tv Controls you
01-12-2010, 12:15 AM
These unfair banning from what.cd are just piling in aren't they?

Need I even say anything or do these multiple threads do it justice.

Its a great site, its just a shame the staff won't give members a chance.

To OP: same thing happened to me, move on is the only advice I can give you.

Cabalo
01-12-2010, 01:53 AM
That doesn't seem to be the case. And usually when someone comes complain here, they get a real good explanation from the staff, be it a positive or a negative one.
They could not care at all, but they do.

Villalltheway
01-12-2010, 01:59 AM
I wasn't asked about my other account...I wasn't trying to lie or hide it, it had been banned so I just forgot about it. I was simply just trying to get my map07023 account back.

End of the day its One account per person per lifetime.

WhatMan
01-12-2010, 02:15 AM
map07023, if you have something you can't say here, email it to [email protected]. The first thing I want to see explained is why your friend said he bought his laptop from Jon, and not you.

Tv Controls you
01-12-2010, 02:55 AM
That doesn't seem to be the case. And usually when someone comes complain here, they get a real good explanation from the staff, be it a positive or a negative one.
They could not care at all, but they do.

All they have done so far is release private information that has a high probability of being false.

For god sake they think I made 3 accounts if you see when they were attacking me at Christmas, and now claim it got banned for ratio watch :lol: (which ever of the accounts they believed to be mine is beyond me).

Point being just because a staff member for what.cd says something, doesn't mean its true.

Cabalo
01-12-2010, 03:09 AM
I'm not saying people don't make mistakes, quite the opposite.
And I'm not defending what.cd either, they're grown up enough to not need my help.

Sometimes, things happen in a certain way, because the conversation led to it.
Don't take this opinion as too serious, I really have no idea what happened to you at what.cd.

Tv Controls you
01-12-2010, 03:25 AM
I really have no idea what happened to you at what.cd.

surprising.. At their current rate they may release OP's street address, ss number, and banking information. (I don't know the real reason for the ban, I think they think I'm someone else who was banned for a low ratio... W.E)

Their disabled channel admins only come on FST to harass people who claim their accounts were unfairly banned.
Why do they even join?

Instead of incriminating potentially innocent people with psychotic accusations, why don't they actually help people on the board.

By creating posts like this, you are driving utility away from your community, and by driving utility away from it, you are contributing to its own eventual destruction. This is not advised.

Welcome to fst, your no longer in the what.cd irc channel. How ironic you mention eventual destruction.... lol

kukushka
01-12-2010, 09:24 AM

End of the day its One account per person per lifetime.
not mentioning another golden - staff decisions are final which makes such kind of threads including staff participation kind of strange :)

redMonster
01-12-2010, 11:27 AM
map07023, if you have something you can't say here, email it to [email protected]. The first thing I want to see explained is why your friend said he bought his laptop from Jon, and not you.By the way, if you see kw1k's post history, he says in one of his posts that his name is Jon. :ermm:

map07023
01-12-2010, 08:16 PM
map07023, if you have something you can't say here, email it to [email protected]. The first thing I want to see explained is why your friend said he bought his laptop from Jon, and not you.By the way, if you see kw1k's post history, he says in one of his posts that his name is Jon. :ermm:

Yep, his name is Jon...I don't know why he said he bought his computer from "Jon" and not Mike (me)...trying to work it out with the staff to get my account unbanned.

WhatMan
01-12-2010, 09:19 PM
This is what we have to work with:

-map07023 claims his name is Mike. This I believe, because he has a university email address.
-He invited a user who he calls Jon (jayb0ne), who invited himself twice.
-All accounts were disabled.
-Half a year later, a user called kw1k, who Mike claims he sold his computer to, and claims is Jon, signs up and invites Mike three hours later. He got the invites by donating with jayb0ne's (Jon's) email address, which he claims his invitee (so-called Jon, but really Mike) did.
-kw1k posted on the forums that his name was Jon.
-However, when we brought him into IRC for questioning, he claimed that his name was James, that he had invited Jon, and that Mike is some guy he hasn't known for years. He claims that jayb0ne (who Mike claims is Jon) is a previous coworker of his (Mike makes the same claim). ie, both Mike and James agree that jayb0ne is a previous coworker of theirs named Jon, despite (allegedly) Mike having donated on James's account with jayb0ne's email.
-We do know with 100% certainty that kw1k (James) invited the user map07023 (Mike), and not Jon as kw1k (James) claims.
-All users have the exact same taste in music.

Thus, the only logical conclusion is that they are all the same person (Mike) pretending to have multiple personalities and lying through his teeth. The kw1k account will be disabled (even if it isn't Mike, kw1k is still guilty of lying), and all other accounts will remain disabled.

Rart
01-12-2010, 09:32 PM

-map07023 claims his name is Mike. This I believe, because he has a university email address.
-Half a year later, a user called kw1k, who Mike claims he sold his computer to, and claims is Jon, signs up and invites Mike three hours later. He got the invites by donating with jayb0ne's (Jon's) email address, which he claims his invitee (so-called Jon, but really Mike) did.
-However, when we brought him into IRC for questioning, he claimed that his name was James, that he had invited Jon, and that Mike is some guy he hasn't known for years. He claims that jayb0ne (who Mike claims is Jon) is a previous coworker of his (Mike makes the same claim). ie, both Mike and James agree that jayb0ne is a previous coworker of theirs named Jon, despite (allegedly) Mike having donated on James's account with jayb0ne's email.
-We do know with 100% certainty that kw1k (James) invited the user map07023 (Mike), and not Jon as kw1k (James) claims.

Thus, the only logical conclusion is that they are all the same person (Mike) pretending to have multiple personalities and lying through his teeth. The kw1k account will be disabled (even if it isn't Mike, kw1k is still guilty of lying), and all other accounts will remain disabled.

That is confusing as hell. Took me about 3 readings just to fully understand it.

7th
01-12-2010, 09:40 PM
well, I didn't follow all the discussion but I would love to see James, Jon and Mike all together in a IRC section answering questions all together :lol:

Tv Controls you
01-12-2010, 09:42 PM
That is confusing as hell. Took me about 3 readings just to fully understand it.

Their facts aren't coherent... And is solely based off of 2 generic names...

kukushka
01-12-2010, 09:44 PM
i gave up after second. check your brainfuses, there must be some short-circuits preventing you from stopping :lol:
ps we should all beware of whatman, he's not human, it's skynet's logic :blink:

WhatMan
01-12-2010, 09:47 PM

Three generic names, actually. And of course the facts aren't coherent - they're based off what Mike/James/Jon has told us, and he clearly can't get his story straight.

Rart
01-12-2010, 09:48 PM

It's not necessarily that it's incoherent, I'm not sure I could've worded that giant mess any better myself. The circular logic/same names being mentioned over and over again (which led him to believe that they were all the same person) is what really takes a few seconds to understand.

xa1ups
But what if the guy suffers from Dissociative Identity Disorder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_identity_disorder)??

Slickerey
Don't know why he would lie to get his way back in there. It will just make things worse.

If all of them have the exact same taste in music, then I'm guessing it's either dupe accounts or they're all into the same music, which is something I wouldn't consider a coincidence.

Tv Controls you
01-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Don't know why he would lie to get his way back in there. It will just make things worse.

If all of them have the exact same taste in music, then I'm guessing it's either dupe accounts or they're all into the same music, which is something I wouldn't consider a coincidence.

I missed that one.... Same taste in music. That is so lame. :dry:

They both listened to hip-hop your right whatman, they have to be the same person. I mean its only logical right jack, jill, jon, and jimmy.

WhatMan
01-12-2010, 10:13 PM
The amount of hatred in this forum towards me is intense. Perhaps it would be better if I didn't come here?

Tv Controls you
01-12-2010, 10:20 PM
The amount of hatred in this forum towards me is intense. Perhaps it would be better if I didn't come here?

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4909/1263334252859.jpg
No please don't leave, I'm begging you to stay. Your so much better than everyone here at fst :rolleyes:

Also in no way do I represent Fst's attitude towards what.cd, I represent my own.

Tokeman
01-12-2010, 10:21 PM
The angry people make the most noise. Dont let it bother you. Plenty of us have had nothing but positive experiences with your tracker, including getting accounts re-enabled. Your effort is appriciated, at least I think so.

Slickerey
01-12-2010, 10:25 PM

Why would you leave?

Sure, some people hate you, and sure, other people appreciate your help, but what's your real point in leaving?

Not everyone in FST has the same attitude towards tracker staff.

sez
01-12-2010, 10:34 PM
lol gotta <3 these what.cd threads.
This guy got some raw dumbass hollywood talent lol.
I've always had an interest in artistry though.Like what's the inspiration behind the names of these imaginary characters,right?
imo the names should have been at least 6 words or more in length,a little complexity doesn't hurt,and the more italian the better :).

Also names like jon,mike and james in the same sentence have that obviousness to them that easily throws em as made up lol,more like people you once played basketball with not your boss or your co-workers lol.
You got it in you,you just gotta do away with the simpleton cast lol.
And I guess douches like this serve to justify the shit treatment guys receive at what.cd disabled lol.
The idea that is trusting people on the internet just keeps getting dumber and dumber aint it.

Cabalo
01-12-2010, 10:41 PM

:wacko: And I thought staffing here could be confusing at times.

WhatMan
01-12-2010, 10:48 PM
sez, people who join the #what.cd-disabled channel do not receive "shit treatment". Each person has their case evaluated, is treated fairly, and generally talked to with much more respect than they treat the staff in return. People are only banned from the network if they refuse to stop lying, and there are others in the queue to whom the staff must attend.

Tv Controls you
01-12-2010, 10:56 PM
sez, people who join the #what.cd-disabled channel do not receive "shit treatment". Each person has their case evaluated, is treated fairly, and generally talked to with much more respect than they treat the staff in return. People are only banned from the network if they refuse to stop lying, and there are others in the queue to whom the staff must attend.

The shit treatment isn't through vulgarity but through the wave of demeaning bullshit they throw at you. As you stated we are just another person in line, another number to your staff.

Do you even give a :censored: about your members.

sez
01-12-2010, 10:58 PM

see this is why I like you(okay maybe also coz you are credited for gazelle),you are always responsive and I think it would be such a loss to your members if you chose to leave.
About the shit treatment,well that's basically what most of them say,good to know its not really as shitty as such.Do you happen to have watched crossing over?Good movie right?

dackel
01-12-2010, 11:00 PM
hmmm .. i don't get the whole jim/jon/james whatever story and i won't try to read through it again (pretty confusing to me aswell).

i just wanted to admit that i didn't like what-staff until i saw whatman popping in and helping (mostly exposing liars) people that just lost their account. also his posts here make sense and made myself think about how i would run a tracker with +100.000 members.

now, before i get accused of kissing whatmans ass, i have to tell you that i don't know him and that i still don't like certain staffers there.
i don't have to and they won't care. i don't care if they like me or not either.
but then again, i think that there are still good ones trying to actually help members in trouble.

gl getting your account back op

Tv Controls you
01-12-2010, 11:04 PM
hmmm .. i don't get the whole jim/jon/james whatever story and i won't try to read through it again (pretty confusing to me aswell).

i just wanted to admit that i didn't like what-staff until i saw whatman popping in and helping (mostly exposing liars) people that just lost their account. also his posts here make sense and made myself think about how i would run a tracker with +100.000 members.

now, before i get accused of kissing whatmans ass, i have to tell you that i don't know him and that i still don't like certain staffers there.
i don't have to and they won't care. i don't care if they like me or not either.
but then again, i think that there are still good ones trying to actually help members in trouble.

gl getting your account back op

Your assuming everything whatman says is true.

Rart
01-12-2010, 11:15 PM
And you're assuming that everything whatman says is false.

sez
01-12-2010, 11:16 PM
^^ I don't know what whatman did to you but its the internet,it would be dumb of him to start from a point of trust going backwards.The right way is the other way around and while it obviously has its small flaws its the best of the two.

^^ 4 tvcy of course not you rart

ca_aok
01-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Who has more reason to lie?

In any case, every single time someone comes whining to these forums, the facts are revealed that they have lied not only to the staff of the tracker where they were banned, but also to the forum here in some pathetic plea for sympathy, presumably in hopes that public outcry will get their account reinstated. What people here sometimes forget is on a site of 110K members with 20 people to run the place, it's a full time job and tempers are often stretched, especially by the idiots who wind up in the disabled channel. I've seen firsthand some of the idiocy that has landed former members in that channel in the first place, and I can see why you'd be pissed off after having hundreds of people throw the same lies in your face when caught breaking a rule. With that many members, there will obviously be a greater number of disgruntled cast offs, perpetuating your apparent stereotype that their staff are terrible.

dackel
01-12-2010, 11:23 PM
how can i know if all he says is true?
and if you are reffering to
(mostly exposing liars),
then look up the threads where the op gets exposed for cheating or creating dupe accounts, gets flamed by other fsters and gets dissapeared.
in this case i believe whatman.
but i tried to make another point with my previous post, it's cool that he takes his time to come to fst and deals with "members in trouble".
i have to add that i don't know what is going on in their irc tho.

Tv Controls you
01-13-2010, 12:32 AM
Who has more reason to lie?

It's the truth members on here have more reason to lie than whatman. But also his site is constantly bashed on these forums, and it may be just an attempt to regain credibility.

It is truly alarming how many members will speak out against what.cd as compared to other sites. It should really convey a strong message.

Cabalo
01-13-2010, 01:17 AM
Have you ever stopped to think that it might be related to the huge number of members they have there? And the amount of cheaters, traders, sellers and so on that it brings altogether?

And I don't know if we're talking about the same what.cd, but I don't see them being bashed anymore than any very popular site around here. What I do see, are some members who actively engage in criticism, for the simple fact they bother to come explain the situations that happened.
You don't see many trackers doing that, and that's why some try to take advantage of it.

Tv Controls you
01-13-2010, 01:43 AM
As I posted earlier the disabled channel admins only come here to defend what.cd. They have no intention of helping anyone on here.

All they do is harass members and expose fabricated private information.

Its almost as if they have not got enough satisfaction from banning people on the disabled channel.
Only thing I can figure is that the disabled channel was empty and they were looking for a battle.

I mean they literally have no other posts besides those incriminating disabled what.cd members......

I really don't have a major problem with whatman as he isn't the disabled channel admins and he has proven to be helpful on the forums.
But for the own good of his site he should look into new staff members to breathe life in to their slowly corrupting disabled channel.

BobFromAccounting
01-13-2010, 02:21 AM
As I posted earlier the disabled channel admins only come here to defend what.cd. They have no intention of helping anyone on here.

All they do is harass members and expose fabricated private information.

Its almost as if they have not got enough satisfaction from banning people on the disabled channel.
Only thing I can figure is that the disabled channel was empty and they were looking for a battle.

I mean they literally have no other posts besides those incriminating disabled what.cd members......

I really don't have a major problem with whatman as he isn't the disabled channel admins and he has proven to be helpful on the forums.
But for the own good of his site he should look into new staff members to breathe life in to their slowly corrupting disabled channel.

I'm sorry, but to be frank, who are you to say that such information is fabricated? Do you have access to the information they do? No. Were you there in the channel? No. The guy even admitted to having made a second account, which is against their rules and a banable offense in the first place.

I'm not kissing any ass here but honestly it seems you have some sort of personal vendetta against the place.

Have you ever considered the only people who would generally have to resort to these means are those that were already told no in the disabled channel? People get re-enabled there every day, just because every once in awhile an unhappy 'customer' decides to stir things up and throw in the sympathy plea doesn't mean they're bad at what they do.

Think of it this way - you order something from Newegg (Or any other online store that allows commenting and rating) If you get the item and you're happy with it, you might be one of those few that go and post some positive feedback, but most people don't bother doing that. Now lets say you get the item and it doesn't work, or you simply dislike it, well there's an exponentially higher chance you're going to go post a negative comment with a horrible rating as soon as you can.

In sum - You're more likely to hear from people with bad feedback than those with good. You don't see members of any site posting here thanking people for being re-enabled after visiting the support channel, but you do see people whining about being denied.

Cabalo
01-13-2010, 03:07 AM
@TVCY: Well, for your information, I've just been relayed (2 mins ago) a IRC convo between one of the admins, padutch, and a user who went ask why his invites were removed. It happens the person he invited was a cheater. The user was pretty civil, and so did padutch.
As I said before, it all comes down how people handle when under pressure, especially the members who were infracted.

By the way, if proven that the member in question indeed cheated, he isn't accessing any longer any invites or trades here.

7th
01-13-2010, 04:01 AM
[QUOTE=Karid;3371378]It seems you have some sort of personal vendetta against the place.[quote]

I don't know what a personal vendetta is but you're probably right about that :P

@TCY: all my respect to you man, BUT... you generalize too much for my taste... what you're doing here can't be fair...

how many staffs they have at what.cd? 1? 2? No, maybe they have more! Maybe they have like 3 staff members and two of them treated you in a pushy way and the third one is whatman, the one you like, am I right? :unsure: If I'm not, so you can't say the what.cd staff is crap man :ermm:

if a tracker staff think a user did something wrong, he won't be (and shouldn't be) nice to this user until he proves the contrary... (edit: as cabalo just said hehe) the staff need to put users under "high pressure" to test them... came on! this is internet and they can't look into your eyes to see if you're telling the truth... well, maybe with webcams :unsure:

Tv Controls you
01-13-2010, 04:55 AM
7th i guess your right.... I'm talking about nightoath, n0nam3, and xavier in particular. Basically the whole disabled channel administration that joined here.

*edited* Not trying to start a big fight removed second half. Night FST

7th
01-13-2010, 05:25 AM
7th i guess your right.... I'm talking about nightoath, n0nam3, and xavier in particular. Basically the whole disabled channel administration that joined here.

What.cd didn't give me a chance as I remember it (6-8 months ago), why should I post positively about them when I was treated wrong.

well, I said all that thinking of 2 things:

first: I had problems in a tracker (bitme) for inviting people that turned out to be cheaters... all my invites were taken out and without knowing why I went to the irc to ask about my invites... :unsure:

think about someone very angry (the bitme staff that day :angry:) and a user completely lost (me :O that didn't know about the cheaters)... In the end they were nice to let me stay (but no more invites, just a small price to stay I would say) and I've learned a lesson...

now, what I'm trying to say is that I had the option to go to their IRC "demanding" (:01:) my invites back (still without knowing about the invitees) or even get mad for what I've heard that day and just get banned for my posture... :ermm:

second: thinking of BCG and two different staffs I see there... stoi and the other one I forgot the nick :P... stoi is the "lovely" and "soft" guy we all know, and the other one is that well know for his "hard heart", the one who bans people for "so little" or whatever... well, I would say that BCG works well because we have a little bit of both you know?

It would be a mess if we had like 10 stois there :P and it would be unbearable if we had only of the other staff :lol: (hope I don't get banned for this :P)

ps: I'm sure you had a lot of chances to amend things with what.cd staff but instead you keep pushing your own head against a wall :frusty:
ps2: I wish you well :P

soulreaper
01-13-2010, 06:45 AM
In sum - You're more likely to hear from people with bad feedback than those with good. You don't see members of any site posting here thanking people for being re-enabled after visiting the support channel, but you do see people whining about being denied.

This is the other side of the coin which we don't know about. This would certainly change our perception to some degree about the what.cd staff.

I'm not generalising or accusing any site in particular but my only concern is that a disabled user should be allowed to explain himself (if he wants to regain membership) properly before getting kicked from IRC. Ofcourse,I don't make the rules but I feel it's the ethical thing to do. From some IRC logs that i've seen,this doesn't always happen I'm afraid.

There are people here like myself who appreciate your assistance and explanation. Don't mean to be rude but if you think that people here are gonna oblige/agree with everything you say then you'll be disappointed.

map07023
01-13-2010, 07:04 AM

I can ASSURE YOU, that mike and jon are not the same person. Map07023 (me) invited Jayb0ne (jon) who proceeded to invite himself multiple times. My account and his were both banned and the staff assumed that all jayb0nes accounts were mine (which they were not). A half a year later, kw1k (aka Jon aka jayb0ne) moved to a different location with a different ip address and used a computer that I had sold to him during our time at work together and got back on what.cd. He proceeded to toss me and invite, which i accepted while somewhat confused as to what was going on. We were both immediately banned again. There is no James in the story, he is non-exinsistant. There is only me (mike) and jayb0ne/kw1k (jon). We ARE NOT the same person, and I can provide so much evidence to prove this. I am not lying about anything, I am trying to prove the truth and get MY account back (map07023). You guys just keep assuming that I am lying and manipulating and that all these accounts are mine, but really they are not.

Whatman, please check the What.CD email. Thanks.

pone44
01-13-2010, 07:57 AM
OP, I also have no idea what you got yourself into but you did break the rules, a few times if I read correctly. You invited a person that made multiple accounts got banned and then proceeded to make another account yourself, knowing you were banned there. I see nothing unfair. Basically created a lot of headaches for the staff there.

Speedo
01-16-2010, 05:42 PM
I also lost my what account to "cheating", and both I and the accuser know it was bullcrap. Had about 7 Gb uploaded over a year giving about a 1.00 ratio.

I think it's a plan to sort out people that didn't use the account for everything. Like a dnb fan over 30 ever stood a chance of that teeny emo train. The whole thing was not smelling like anything washed.

Yeah. A cheater with those credentials. I am sure my ip will follow neatly into the folds of this comment.

Atleast I'm not a desperate dick...

map07023
01-19-2010, 06:39 AM
All I know is that the staff of What.CD is downright stupid. They really think that I made multiple accounts despite so much evidence pointing to the fact that it is false. They are also extremely rude. I don't think I would want an invite back even if I was given one. Shocked at how dumb some of those people are...

cinephilia
01-19-2010, 04:31 PM
be honest, you hate them cause they didn't reenable you.

Tokeman
01-19-2010, 04:40 PM
Well its already been pointed out that you broke the rules, and not only once. You had more then one account yourself, and you had a friend that made multiple accounts. Considering you (and the guy you invited) broke the rules, you are lucky they even talked to you about it at all.

Learn from your mistakes and move on.

emperorIX
01-19-2010, 04:46 PM
All I know is that the staff of What.CD is downright stupid. They really think that I made multiple accounts despite so much evidence pointing to the fact that it is false. They are also extremely rude. I don't think I would want an invite back even if I was given one. Shocked at how dumb some of those people are...

Haha, so you're mad now because What.cd wouldn't let you create multiple accounts? (Keep in mind that you DID create multiple accounts.)

One account per person per lifetime. Anyone creating additional accounts will be banned.

How much more clear could that be?

Speedo
01-19-2010, 05:32 PM
This is truly redicilousy!

Out of all the blue this universe can count it's energy from, there suddenly is a "Help me with my what.cd" thread. I find that somewhat soupcourious.

What.cd used to be a silent little oink replacement that suddenly got more credit for beeing oinky than having files. But now?

One account per lifetime means what?

susiserken
01-19-2010, 05:41 PM
You are accountable for your invitees wich means they fucked you over.

lol

Speedo
01-19-2010, 05:58 PM
You are accountable for your invitees wich means they fucked you over.

lol

That is an interesting thought. Can it be done?

I don't like it and I don't think other war people are going to complaine to. Thats the power and noones knowes shit!

Lord help us!