PDA

View Full Version : SCC is DDoSing TV?

iLOVENZB
01-12-2010, 02:28 AM
In the chan they're discussing it. Im not on SCC so I don't know the pre times but I'm guessing theyre a tad slower than TV's?

Also noticed Blurr's races are slow too.

Rart
01-12-2010, 02:30 AM
It was down a couple of seconds ago, but it is back up now.

As to the rumors, I have no idea, there is apparently talk of it on the IRC though.

IdolEyes787
01-12-2010, 02:44 AM
In the chan they're discussing it. Im not on SCC so I don't know the pre times but I'm guessing theyre a tad slower than TV's?

Care to say that again but in English this time?

Cabalo
01-12-2010, 02:49 AM
Tracker wars? :huh:

BobFromAccounting
01-12-2010, 02:51 AM

SCC has always been generally faster than TV. I haven't really paid much attention lately, but a quick comparison of the browse pages looks like SCC is still faster on most things.

Edit: And, err, a little more on subject - SCC DDoSing TV seem fairly unlikely, really no reason to, unless someone managed to really piss someone else off.

Not to mention

As mentioned in the previous Notice sent out; We are moving to a newer faster server.
Everything is slow right now and we apologize for the inconvenience,
We are moving piece by piece to minimize downtime as much as possible.

However we will need to disable some services for a short time to export our SQL DB to
the new server.

was sent out 2 days ago, so likely related.

ExtraDry
01-12-2010, 02:51 AM
There is plenty of sites in the mix on the pre-racers these days couldn't see scc wasting there time doSs sites as they have to do it a lot more sites the TV

Di@monds
01-12-2010, 08:17 AM
OP is RETARD?
But seriously im ddosing TV with my 56k modem, no wonder they are so slow atm

AdrianPhoto
01-12-2010, 02:22 PM
I don't think they need to!

susiserken
01-12-2010, 02:32 PM
not a member on scc, but i doubt they are so pity they`d do that.

anon
01-12-2010, 05:17 PM
SCC is DDoSing TV?

I don't think so, that wouldn't be very professional and it'd definitely hurt SCC's image... on the other side, how could anyone prove they did it?

Im not on SCC so I don't know the pre times but I'm guessing theyre a tad slower than TV's?

They're still way ahead of TV, but the latter's pretimes are quite good, and even beat SCC's sometimes.

AdrianPhoto
01-12-2010, 05:23 PM
on the other side, how could anyone prove they did it?
+1

chec
01-12-2010, 07:50 PM
SCC is worried about max 20 peered tracker.Such a shame if it is true.

arctic
01-12-2010, 08:04 PM
SCC doesn't just win, it destroys with it's pretimes!
DDoSing others? tales of envious persons, imho

dashboardy
01-12-2010, 08:32 PM
SCC doesn't just win, it destroys with it's pretimes!
DDoSing others? tales of envious persons, imho

arctic speaks truth. We have better things to do with our time than ddos other sites. And even if we didn't have better things to do, it'd be pretty lame. Not quite as lame as posting a thread like this here, but almost. We enjoy the competition, keeps us on our toes.

EP1C
01-12-2010, 08:49 PM
I don't know firsthand, but maybe the people at TV were joking about it. When I did pop on their chan they seemed pretty cool. It seems that most of the scene race sites have a good sense of humor to lighten the competitive aspects of it all. It's more likely the scene itself. ScP was getting ddos'ed recently too.

captive
01-12-2010, 08:57 PM
who cares what scc do..

anon
01-12-2010, 09:06 PM
ScP was getting ddos'ed recently too.

The .org one? I though they were just relocating their servers... :blink:

EP1C
01-12-2010, 09:41 PM
They are almost done and should be back within hours now. But they were being attacked before the relocation, probably due to the publicity of their opening.