PDA

View Full Version : TehConnection is ^not down

Slickerey
01-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Unfortunately, their main coder died from a heroin overdose.

We want to extend are most heartfelt condolences to tehconnection and the community at teh after recently hearing about the loss of one of there staff members. RIP Meph and best of luck to all those at tehconnection.

The thing is guys. The site's going to come back, it just might not be very soon, our main coder and site maintenance guy died of a heroin overdose earlier this week.

Such a sad thing, isn't it?

susiserken
01-15-2010, 03:31 PM
thats kinda sad, but i dont feel sorry for the guy.. he knew exactly what he started with when he used heroin!

IdolEyes787
01-15-2010, 03:47 PM
People don't know what they are getting into, therein the danger lies.

Castronaut
01-15-2010, 04:09 PM
It's horrible news to hear that anyone has died, no matter how they died. Condolences go out to his family. :(

Brandon_Heat
01-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Very sad news .
RIP

anon
01-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Rest in peace.

Just like chalice said yesterday, drugs do also take away the lives of those who are talented but not Hollywood celebrities.

The_Martinator
01-15-2010, 05:17 PM
RIP.

People don't ALWAYS know what they're getting into.

WhatMan
01-15-2010, 06:33 PM
It's a complete hoax, used to cover up a hardware fault and get some publicity. His account is still active on our site; his last activity is an hour ago.

Annoying.

TrollinThunder
01-15-2010, 06:34 PM
Anyone with firsthand knowledge of addicts knows that heroin will fuck you up.

EDIT: If they are using a fake heroin overdose as a scapegoat and publicity stunt, then I hope the site gets pwned by bad karma.

anon
01-15-2010, 06:38 PM
His account is still active on our site; his last activity is an hour ago.

Perhaps someone else knows the password? Is his current IP on the same range as his past ones?

If that's the case, I don't know what to say... faking the death of a site coder as an "advertisement"... :dry:

WhatMan
01-15-2010, 06:41 PM
Perhaps someone else knows the password? Is his current IP on the same range as his past ones?

Same IP. Plus, how would they know if he died of a heroin overdose?

IdolEyes787
01-15-2010, 06:49 PM
It's a complete hoax, used to cover up a hardware fault and get some publicity. His account is still active on our site; his last activity is an hour ago.

Annoying.

If that is true then I will bend over and they can kiss my ass goodbye.

anon
01-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Plus, how would they know if he died of a heroin overdose?

Perhaps he was saving the password (IE's AutoComplete, Opera's Wand), his family used his computer to tell the rest of the TC staff about the "incident", and has now logged in to What.cd. I'm shooting in the dark, specially since few tracker coders/staff would store their passwords like that, but it may be possible. :unsure:

But if this is just a publicity stunt from the TC Staff, I'll second IdolEyes.

dafunks
01-15-2010, 06:54 PM

Annoying.

TBH, anyone who read that thread and took it as more than a joke needs their head looked into. It was blatantly obvious neebs was joking. Seriously, the statement he made prior was "We sold TC to demonoid for the last cola can in the vending machine". The meph statement was his third such statement. People just chose to latch onto what most noticed as an obvious joke to lighten the mood. Not TCs fault the members who replied chose to ignore the beginning of the thread.

IdolEyes787
01-15-2010, 06:56 PM
Hard not to ignore the rest of the thread since it wasn't posted here.

dafunks
01-15-2010, 07:11 PM
I am not talking about here, FST isn't relevant to what I said. I was meaning the thread over at what.cd. I was responding to WhatMan hinting at the replies at what.cd was done with the intention to publicise the tracker, when it should have been clear to everyone that read it, it was nothing more than neebs making light of the situation, as he always does. It was the third thing he said joking about the situation, why didn't everyone latch onto the second? The coke can thing was pretty funny I thought. My point is, I seriously doubt it was done with any hidden agenda, it was more neebs being neebs and people not reading the start of the thread. --- edited as the relevant statement might have been misread.

backie
01-15-2010, 07:39 PM

Same IP. Plus, how would they know if he died of a heroin overdose?

OMG you haz failed common sense 101! I know other peoples passwds and even if they die, I still know the passwds because they don't change after you die. Wouldn't be the 1st time account sharing has happened and won't be the last.

hxck
01-15-2010, 07:41 PM
it was nothing more than neebs making light of the situation, as he always does.
Of course it was a joke; Anyone that knows neebs would know that that's how he is. We had a good laugh, and people decided to take it way further than it needed to go. Threads on multiple trackers, here, etc. To be perfectly honest, if someone from our staff died, we wouldn't post a thread the day it happened, and it'd be done in a way more professional and thought out matter.
There are gonna be some people that are pissed over this, but that's not our fault, and all we can say is it was a joke that some people took to extremes. We apologize for anyone that was hurt by it, and if anyone has anymore questions, feel free to post here or join our IRC.

To clarify: meph is not dead, we did not get taken over by the MPAA, and we did not buy IMDB (seriously?) That's that. (We were also not purchased by Demonoid.)

zedex
01-15-2010, 07:54 PM
i never thought the BT world can be with such passion ..

IdolEyes787
01-15-2010, 08:42 PM
To clarify: meph is not dead, we did not get taken over by the MPAA, and we did not buy IMDB (seriously?) That's that. (We were also not purchased by Demonoid.)

Time to tell my stockbroker to stop buying shares in TC then.

Di@monds
01-15-2010, 08:52 PM
This only prove one thing. fst is full of idiots.

th0r
01-15-2010, 09:02 PM
This only prove one thing. fst is full of idiots.how exactly does it prove that?

That1Guy
01-15-2010, 09:15 PM
Joking about someone dying IS NOT FUNNY.

VinX
01-15-2010, 09:18 PM
i lol'd after first reading hxck's post and then later the posts before him ... :lol:

IdolEyes787
01-15-2010, 09:28 PM
This only prove one thing. fst is full of idiots.

This only prove one thing. fst is full of idiots.how exactly does it prove that?

Since nothing said or done up to that point proved anything but a certain gullibility maybe Di@monds was referring to his own post.

I am not talking about here, FST isn't relevant to what I said. I was meaning the thread over at what.cd.

But since there as no caveat and no context to base assumptions on how was anyone suppose to know that?

it was nothing more than neebs making light of the situation, as he always does.
Of course it was a joke; Anyone that knows neebs would know that that's how he is. We had a good laugh, and people decided to take it way further than it needed to go. Threads on multiple trackers, here, etc. To be perfectly honest, if someone from our staff died, we wouldn't post a thread the day it happened, and it'd be done in a way more professional and thought out matter.
There are gonna be some people that are pissed over this, but that's not our fault, and all we can say is it was a joke that some people took to extremes. We apologize for anyone that was hurt by it, and if anyone has anymore questions, feel free to post here or join our IRC.

Clearly it was meant as am "in-house" joke and not for general consumption so rather than you needing to apologize rather I would like to .
And with that and seeing the OP is erroneous this is closed.