PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Filelist.ro

NkFy
01-15-2010, 04:33 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_I2GRV5p5hNI/S0NKGd4CCKI/AAAAAAAAACc/CaR6X_fASIc/s400/untitled.PNG
Like our last article (interview with a legend: iPLAY), here is a new interview with GOD the owner of FieList.ro. We have interesant informations about FileList.ro. If you dont know, Filelist.ro its a great "private" tracker from Romania. The owner of filelist.ro is a very friendly person and every single question if you have, even to chat, you can pm him.
Stats: FileList.ro has aprox. 40.000 torrents and more than 200.000 users. A great source for 0-day/general torrents, great speeds and you can eassy have a decent ratio, because are a lot of torrents freeleech.

anon
01-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Wow, now this is a nice read. FL.ro is one of my favorite trackers. The only thing I miss from other sites is being able to sort the torrent list by the amount of seeders or leechers, but I guess this isn't possible due to their limited hardware resources.

Those who don't like the design should have a look at Filelist v2:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/64068

Ev0
01-16-2010, 09:07 AM
Being able to sort torrents by seeders|leechers|snatches|date added etc has nothing to do with hardware resources. There is a bit of code on tbdev.net that lets you do this but looking at fl.ro front page its quite clear they are using Netmaniaks modded tbdev source that has more holes than swiss cheese

lol87
01-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Well, Fl.ro is a nice page, but I'm affraid that I'll recieve a warning from them since I do not understand Romanian. I mean, I tried to read the FAQ/Rules, but it's only written in Romanian.

Another thing is that I don't know how to sort the torrents according to their number of seeds, I think it's not possible.

Swift
01-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Rules and FAQ is the same as on any other private tracker nothing fancy .

QPD
01-16-2010, 10:41 AM
Well, Fl.ro is a nice page, but I'm affraid that I'll recieve a warning from them since I do not understand Romanian. I mean, I tried to read the FAQ/Rules, but it's only written in Romanian.

Another thing is that I don't know how to sort the torrents according to their number of seeds, I think it's not possible.

google translator works sometimes! But there are no special rules there, I guess.

Funkin'
01-17-2010, 03:01 AM
That was a pretty good review. Much better than that boring iPlay one. The sysop seems pretty decent for the most part. But I don't like how he's calling some of his members "morons" for asking the sort of questions like "where to get a subtitle" in the torrent threads. Thought that was a little shitty.

Impressive stats though.

Enlightened
01-17-2010, 03:36 AM
can find anything in the FAQ about Invites....?..using Google Translator, anyway

deichmann
01-17-2010, 12:04 PM
http://filelist.ro/forums.php?action=viewtopic&topicid=16647

Here says that only the ppl that donate will get invites

anon
01-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Well, Fl.ro is a nice page, but I'm affraid that I'll recieve a warning from them since I do not understand Romanian.

If you got warned for not knowing Romanian I'd have been banned already. :happy: Their rules are more or less common sense - don't cheat, hit & run, spam, use shocking avatars, etc.

Yes, you can't. The closest thing would be sorting it by number of "peers", i.e. seeders and leechers.

dvdasacd
01-20-2010, 12:56 AM
That was a pretty good review. Much better than that boring iPlay one. The sysop seems pretty decent for the most part. But I don't like how he's calling some of his members "morons" for asking the sort of questions like "where to get a subtitle" in the torrent threads. Thought that was a little *****ty.

Impressive stats though.Thanks for your micro-review of the interview. It saved me having to read it as I always tend to have the same conclusions as you do anyway <3.

Cabalo
01-20-2010, 05:45 PM
That was a pretty good review. Much better than that boring iPlay one. The sysop seems pretty decent for the most part. But I don't like how he's calling some of his members "morons" for asking the sort of questions like "where to get a subtitle" in the torrent threads. Thought that was a little shitty.

Impressive stats though.
Indeed impressive :mellow:

Swift
01-20-2010, 07:15 PM
you can ask anybody in RO on the streets where do they get their movies/music/appz and they will definetly say Filelist.

You won't get invites if your a normal user you need to seed and if you do have invites you can only send them if you are VIP ore above.

WakeMeUp
01-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Being able to sort torrents by seeders|leechers|snatches|date added etc has nothing to do with hardware resources. There is a bit of code on tbdev.net that lets you do this but looking at fl.ro front page its quite clear they are using Netmaniaks modded tbdev source that has more holes than swiss cheese

In any case it'd take one more statement to the sql query. It's defenitely useless looking at tbdev.net - you can add 3 words to get it. :)

Enlightened
01-20-2010, 08:17 PM
OffTopic:

When do Filelist.ro issue out Invites, been there like 4 weeks and a Powertuser, anyone knows.........thanks??

anon
01-20-2010, 08:19 PM
I don't really know. I got a free PU account and it already had an invite which I have never used.