PDA

View Full Version : Problem Playing Movies

skylark
10-16-2003, 01:01 PM
hi all, firstly excuse me as i am brand new to k-lite, downloading movies and things, and computers in general!!!!
i have downloaded several movies from k-lite but most of them - when i try to preview them they start with a grey block on the bottom of the screen then the top half divides into 4 sections and everything looks quite distorted.
i have downloaded - several codec's to my desktop and installed them, but when i go back to k-lite and preview a movie nothing has changed.
anyone got any ideas, i need all the help i can get

thanks a lot :D
skylark

Adster
10-16-2003, 01:20 PM
I smell a fake file

mchizz
10-16-2003, 01:37 PM
Hey, i'm not sure why it is doing that but i found these codec packs quite useful, it might help you a little, SLD codec pack, just search for it using google, Also the codec pack off the kazaa lite website, hope it helps

muchspl2
10-16-2003, 02:05 PM
sholdn'D load a bounch of codec packs on your pc, if you just wanna play them download videolan in my sig, it will play just about anything you can throw at it.

skylark
10-16-2003, 03:32 PM
thanks for your replies, i've downloaded k-lite codec and video-lan but it still have the problem, most of the movie files that i have already downloaded will play but the image shakes all the time, i thought that one of these codecs would have solved it but it has not???
when i download then install the codec, is there any thing else i should do before expecting it to work? or is that it?
thanking you all again
skylark

imported_manbees
10-16-2003, 03:33 PM
What about a codec for smr films?

http://www.prehensile.com/tales/krispy/newsnoopsm.jpg

SMID
10-16-2003, 05:05 PM
Down load Gspot and see what codec the movie needs.
Also overloading on codecs can cause more problems.
Delete all codecs and i have had no problems since installing ffdshow and sld.

But go with Gspot look movie and just download the codecs you need as you need them.

Cya

nanotek
10-16-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by skylark@16 October 2003 - 15:32
thanks for your replies, i've downloaded k-lite codec and video-lan but it still have the problem, most of the movie files that i have already downloaded will play but the image shakes all the time, i thought that one of these codecs would have solved it but it has not???
when i download then install the codec, is there any thing else i should do before expecting it to work? or is that it?
thanking you all again
skylark
very interesting what u say about the picture shaking ! just had a conversation with my brother who told me the same thing! he downloads regularily of kazaa and has several movies on his hard drive . when he dl them they were ok but know the seem to be corrupt ! the picture is shaking the whole time !

any ideas ?

muchspl2
10-16-2003, 06:31 PM
using wmp9, you know it has drm built in, it rewrites the header and causes problems with bootlegged movies and mp3's

nanotek
10-16-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@16 October 2003 - 18:31
using wmp9, you know it has drm built in, it rewrites the header and causes problems with bootlegged movies and mp3's
he doesnt use it though

the ooccult
10-17-2003, 12:06 PM
:)