PDA

View Full Version : Mafia- Again...

Peerzy
10-16-2003, 03:39 PM
hi
does anyone know where i can get a WORKING copy of mafia. Please note i can't use bit torrent :angry: :( . i have kazaa and emula and will download anything else to get this game. can u please tell me the file name and size so i dont dl another fake thnx :D

Peerzyboy
------------

Russo
10-16-2003, 10:36 PM
If you have eMule whats the problem, all 3CDs are on eMule

bucky
10-17-2003, 05:25 AM
It's still on surpnova.tk also, I got it from there pretty fast.

Russo
10-17-2003, 06:48 AM
BitTorrent is only good when a file is fairly new. you can only download from people that are also downloading that same file. since i doubt not many people are downloading Mafia now. you wont get many sources.

But on other networks such as eDonkey and fasttrack. you can still download it from people without them having to be downloading it at the same time.

Peerzy
10-17-2003, 03:46 PM
:unsure: yeah i found it on emule and its all .bin or .cue and i have no f**king idea how to work dat $h!t (im a rly bad :unsure: NooB :unsure: when it comes to .stuff. :( )

how do i use a .bin or .cue or .woteva it is? :D

Peerzyboy
-----------

Peerzy
10-17-2003, 03:48 PM
and like i sed i can't use any bit torrent or suprnova.org or anything like that :angry: :( :rtfm: :swear:

Peerzyboy
------------

Peerzy
10-17-2003, 07:10 PM
sorry about the" :rtfm: " i thought it ment something else :unsure: n e way can anyone explain how i use the .bin or .cue or .woteva files?

thnx

Peerzyboy
-----------

Russo
10-18-2003, 07:14 AM
You only need the Cue if your burning it. you can just mount the BIN on Daemon Tools and it will install

Peerzy
10-18-2003, 10:46 AM
ok thnx, im having to download it again bcoz i deleated it bcoz i had no idea how to work it so 2kb a second on 3x 700mb files is gonna b a long time :(

Peerzyboy
------------

Jay
10-19-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by peerzyboy@18 October 2003 - 11:46
ok thnx, im having to download it again bcoz i deleated it bcoz i had no idea how to work it so 2kb a second on 3x 700mb files is gonna b a long time :(

Peerzyboy
------------
feel sorry for u

mikecwik
10-21-2003, 11:10 PM
hey could someone explain what bit torrent is to me ? I downloaded it off the site and tried opening it and it said that its installed but didnt say where it was installed to...

FirBall1
10-21-2003, 11:38 PM
Mikecwick - I'm just gettin into these new fangled Bittorrent thingies.

So - Now you have Bittorrent (this is the application that makes the download possible) I think V3.3 is the latest, but not sure.

Now goto a Bittorrent site - eg - http://www.suprnova.org/

choose a file & it will download a torrent file (.tor) to directory of your choice.

Now it will try to connect to other users (peers) i think this is right so far. This might take afew minutes.

Eventually it should & start to download your file.

If for some reason you need to stop the download or you need to reeboot, then to restart the torrent, just double click on the Original torrent file, & choose the same directory you previously used & it should recconect to the same file & resume the download.

Sorry in advance for any mis info but I'm still getting to grips in's & out's of all this
filesharing wizardry.

Geoff
(Manchester)

mikecwik
10-31-2003, 03:54 AM
ha well I went there and htought i hit the jackpot but everytime I try to dl something its going at 1 KB per sec :P it does this for every file and Id have to wait about 400 hours ... ouch. It has to be something Im doing wrong...can someone point out some common mistakes ?

mikecwik
10-31-2003, 11:09 PM
bump

o_ICEMAN_o
11-01-2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by mikecwik@31 October 2003 - 04:54
ha well I went there and htought i hit the jackpot but everytime I try to dl something its going at 1 KB per sec :P it does this for every file and Id have to wait about 400 hours ... ouch. It has to be something Im doing wrong...can someone point out some common mistakes ?
no no no your doing nothing rong bittorent just sucks ass http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys/ranting2.gif try 2 find some ftp servers instead

mikecwik
11-02-2003, 03:32 AM
ftp servers ?