PDA

View Full Version : Can My Isp Track Me Download Movies?

Monkeee
10-16-2003, 11:16 PM
can my ISP track i download movies? (SBC YAHOO DSL) if i use bittorent am is safe?

asmithz
10-16-2003, 11:23 PM
They can see every thing you download, but music is the thing you can get in to troble with right now.

Monkeee
10-16-2003, 11:31 PM
there's been alot of thoes letters and e-mail crap about warnings... should i still download movies i wanna download matrix reloaded but i'm afraid to...

llamaj Mim
10-17-2003, 10:10 PM
just dont use kazaa, and if you are using Comcast or Verizon and they are sending you warnings, you are fucked! Comcast had already reported 409 customers and Verizon with around 200.

3rd gen noob
10-17-2003, 10:15 PM
isp's see quite simply everything you will do...with few exceptions

rokstar
10-17-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Monkeee@16 October 2003 - 23:31
there's been alot of thoes letters and e-mail crap about warnings... should i still download movies i wanna download matrix reloaded but i'm afraid to...
Man okay listen up do not install any cds from yr provider at all okay and youll be okay bro also the othr programs have many trackers alot of ppl r starting to realize this now man dont be afraid and get a good firewall or read up on that man i hope smbdy who really knows about this stuff can answer yr question bettr than i can but i saY GO FOR IT CAUSE I AM GOING TO GET IT ALSO OFF KAZAA SO FUCK OFF ALL YOU SCARED PPL YOU SHLDNT EVEN BE ALOUD TO DLOAD OFF HERE YOU SHLD BE BANNED BECAUSE ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE NOW AND THAT IS WHAT IS COMING BACK TO R KAZAA LITE NOW ONLY THE STRONG SHARERS WILL SURVIVE NOT THE PUSSIES . But dude go ahead and download it dont be scared man just dont have any isp cdsa in yr cd or yr providers cds in here okay its all spyware man get adware also dude just read on yr shit okay if yr scared pkls mods respond to him and help him on his question okay thx.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

rokstar
10-17-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@17 October 2003 - 22:15
isp's see quite simply everything you will do...with few exceptions
:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: Hello long time i havnt seen you man well just saying hi again and keep sharing brotha.

blackhatknight
10-17-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by rokstar@17 October 2003 - 22:21
do not install any cds from yr provider at all okay
It's a fair point if you do dear knows whats on them but to put this right on p2p networks such as kazaa while you can on occasion connect to kazaa your downloads are direct connections to other computers in this case many of them are domestic that change ip addresses with each log on or off, so whilst your ip can find out about websites, etc. that have static ip addresses. Whilst connecting to domestic computers (whilst tracable) will not wield any results

through behavious you can tell someones ip address (which can tell isp providers details), their broweser there operating system, that's really it

llamaj Mim
10-17-2003, 10:42 PM
GO FOR IT CAUSE I AM GOING TO GET IT ALSO OFF KAZAA SO FUCK OFF ALL YOU SCARED PPL YOU SHLDNT EVEN BE ALOUD TO DLOAD OFF HERE YOU SHLD BE BANNED BECAUSE ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE NOW AND THAT IS WHAT IS COMING BACK TO R KAZAA LITE NOW ONLY THE STRONG SHARERS WILL SURVIVE NOT THE PUSSIES
calm down, man. we all know we need to fight the RIAA and keep on sharing, but we can't be stupid. if the guy's getting warnings, he really should act careful now, your advice will fuck him up.

abu_has_the_power
10-17-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by llamaj Mim@17 October 2003 - 22:10
just dont use kazaa, and if you are using Comcast or Verizon and they are sending you warnings, you are fucked! Comcast had already reported 409 customers and Verizon with around 200.
wait, comcast reported that many people? for dling music? whoa. shit, i'm screwed. i'm dling max payne 2. think i'll get into trouble?

llamaj Mim
10-17-2003, 11:18 PM
i'm dling max payne 2. think i'll get into trouble?
so am i, and i also have comcast. it is fucked up that comcast sold out, those fucking assholes. Comcast Tops the List (http://www.boycott-riaa.com/article/7701)

i am currently using PeerGuardian to block the fuckers from looking into my comp, and i also set up a firewall, and i really really want Max Payne 2, so fuck'em, i ain't never scared.

abu_has_the_power
10-18-2003, 04:33 AM
Filesharing Services
1207 KaZaA
31 iMesh
19 Grokster
13 Gnutella (Bearshare)
12 MP2P (Blubster & Piolet)
10 Gnutella (Limewire)
5 (blank)
2 Gnutella (Shareaza)
1 Bearshare

ha, i'm safe, no bittorrent problems. or yet. i use zonealarm with the bad ips. u use peerguardian rite? does it make ur cpu slow? it increases my cpu temp from 36 to 50 just turning peerguardian on. wtf

Adster
10-18-2003, 04:56 AM
ISP dont giver a shit what you downlaod as lon gas you pay them their happy and btw BT can be tracked worse then kazaa anyway your ip is put on there

doesnt worry me ive still got a dynamic IP with my ISP

RedRival
10-18-2003, 06:57 AM
You will get more information of 'being caught' issues in the filesharing section of the forum.

Adster
10-18-2003, 07:00 AM
You will get more information of 'being caught' issues in the filesharing section of the forum

yep theres a stack of crap in there about it

Wrongturn
10-18-2003, 08:49 AM
adstar you are right just read it myself a lot of stuff on that subject :)