PDA

View Full Version : Dvd Screeners?

newcster68
10-18-2003, 11:23 AM
Ok, U all know that I post as many screeners and dvdrips as I can but Is it just me or has it been a good week and a half since there have been any dvd screeners that have come out. Vcdquality has not posted and divx screeners since about the 9th of october. :( Man, I guess the movie industry is really cracking down and it is beginning to show now. <_<

mEtho
10-18-2003, 11:27 AM
u r right new, i did notice that to, like they released bad boys 2 VCD screencer which wasnt same as the dvd scr, to be honest i dont know whats really happening&#33;

Wrongturn
10-18-2003, 11:30 AM
no it just slow for little while it always it now and then dont panic yet :)

newcster68
10-18-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by mEtho@18 October 2003 - 07:27
u r right new, i did notice that to, like they released bad boys 2 VCD screencer which wasnt same as the dvd scr, to be honest i dont know whats really happening&#33;
Well, the movie industry said no more screening of movies before they are released to the theatres. Definately going to really harder and harder to get a good quality screener now. I don&#39;t like cam versions. Quality sucks so I guess it will be going to the theatre and actually spend some money now. That is the ONLY reason I upgraded to high speed internet just for that reason. Might as well get rid of it now. :lol:

newcster68
10-18-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Wrongturn@18 October 2003 - 07:30
no it just slow for little while it always it now and then dont panic yet :)
Yeah u could be right. Winter is just around the corner and it does seem like everything slows down during the winter. Guess we will just have to wait till next summer to see if this holds true to form. :)

Wrongturn
10-18-2003, 11:37 AM
no dvd rips are still good to get before you buy the dvd see if you like it and plus someone will find away to get good copys before then im sure of that where advancing all the time be positive not negative newcster

Dapadipz
10-18-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by newcster68+18 October 2003 - 11:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (newcster68 @ 18 October 2003 - 11:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Wrongturn@18 October 2003 - 07:30
no it just slow for little while it always it now and then dont panic yet&nbsp; :)
Yeah u could be right. Winter is just around the corner and it does seem like everything slows down during the winter. Guess we will just have to wait till next summer to see if this holds true to form. :) [/b][/quote]
i no was thinkin the same thing - i havent downloaded anything in ages :(

Won&#39;t they release any Screeners before the winter for any award ceremonies?

newcster68
10-18-2003, 11:43 AM
no was thinkin the same thing - i havent downloaded anything in ages

Won&#39;t they release any Screeners before the winter for any award ceremonies?

Dunno <_< Good morning by the way..or at least it is here 6:40a.m. I was wondering when u were gonna post a reply to my question :D

By the way.. your site is not working for me:

Action canceled
Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you have visited this page previously and you want to view what has been stored on your computer, click File, and then click Work Offline.

For information about offline browsing with Internet Explorer, click the Help menu, and then click Contents and Index.

Internet Explorer

Adster
10-18-2003, 11:47 AM
what is a DVD sceener?? if its not on DVD

Dapadipz
10-18-2003, 11:50 AM
@Ad - DVDScreeners Are Normally Just About DVDQuality But With A Blurred Serial - Sometimes A Timer but Mostly a Constant or Scrolling Watermark

@newcster

good morning btw - it will be lunchtime in 10minutes neway (11.50am)

well i havent updated my site in ages neway - will add some more stuff this week

i think the host is down so it isnt loading :(

Wrongturn
10-18-2003, 11:51 AM
it kinda is but somtime not as good and time code on it watermarks stuff like that sometimes black n white in parts with no copys writen on bottom of it

Adster
10-18-2003, 11:56 AM
ahh ok tnx for that explanation

3RA1N1AC
10-18-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Adster@18 October 2003 - 03:47
what is a DVD sceener?? if its not on DVD
it&#39;s a DVD created around the time of a movie&#39;s cinema release, for review by people in the movie industry. the quality may be lower than commercial DVDs or comparable to them, but they do get leaked out and pirated because they&#39;re far better-looking than camcorder bootlegs. sometimes screeners contain text messages to the effect of "property of _______ movie studio" and "not for sale," sometimes they have several minutes where the color is drained out of the video... and sometimes they look just like a regular DVD.

anyway, a DVD screener is usually considered to be the most desirable version of a movie until the official DVD is released.

newcster68
10-18-2003, 12:04 PM
VHS Screeners are somewhat ok but I still like dvd. I try not to download if at all possible vcd or svcd or cam versions cause at 700-800mb per cd and there are always 2 cds..just takes up to much hd space. Booy I wanna get that new 300GB hard drive soo bad but just dont got the mooollaaa :D

By the way I just posted my pic on here..

Newcster68&#39;s Picture Online (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=Profile&CODE=showcard&MID=9973) :D

Adster
10-18-2003, 12:08 PM
anyway, a DVD screener is usually considered to be the most desirable version of a movie until the official DVD is released.

thats what I want to hear

clocker
10-18-2003, 01:31 PM
I just read an article that explained that several of the large studios have banded together and stopped releasing DVD screeners.
This is in response to the piracy issue, of course.

The small studios and producers of limited release films are screaming because this will make it more difficult for their films to be seen/considered for Academy Awards.

I think it will only take one or two mass mailings to critics ( which is where our copies come from) by renegade studios and everyone will be back doing it again...

newcster68
10-18-2003, 03:22 PM
The major studios have agreed to go along with the Motion Picture Association of America&#39;s proposal to stop the sending out DVD and video screeners to those who vote for the Oscars and other Hollywood awards.

The screen ban was announced Tuesday, just in time for MPAA President and CEO Jack Valenti to announce it before a Senate committee in Washington, D.C. He cited the move as "a determined commitment to combat digital piracy and to save movie jobs in the future." Valenti added that "400,000 to 600,000 films are being illegally abducted every day...and the MPAA intends to deploy every weapon at its command" to stop this..

BASTARDS&#33;http://domania.us/LWN2003/kazaalite/enraged.gif

Dapadipz
10-18-2003, 05:39 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

kazaaaddict
10-18-2003, 07:36 PM
what kinda crap is this

Dapadipz
10-19-2003, 10:51 AM
another day and no new screeners or dvdrips :( <_<

Skillian
10-19-2003, 02:07 PM
From Excite&#33; News: NEW YORK (AP)
Nearly 150 directors, including Robert Altman, Martin Scorsese, Francis Ford Coppola and Robert Redford, are urging the Motion Picture Association to repeal its decision to stop sending out special DVDs and videos to Oscar voters.
The directors sent a letter to Jack Valenti, urging the MPAA to immediately repeal the anti-piracy plan it implemented last week.

The ban on sending screeners means the 5,600 Academy Awards voters will have to catch most movies in theaters.

That&#39;s something I suppose.

Twist3r
10-19-2003, 07:07 PM
the last screener i have downloaded was the dumb and dumberer screener lol