PDA

View Full Version : Racist Comments

uNz[i]
10-18-2003, 09:54 PM
http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=74891&st=0

Why isn&#39;t this kind of thing covered in the forum rules? <_<
Why wasn&#39;t something done about the flamer?

Please do something about this before it happens again.

3rd gen noob
10-18-2003, 09:58 PM
i&#39;ve complained about racism numerous times, it seems to be taken rather lightly though...

NikkiD
10-18-2003, 10:05 PM
It was covered in the rules, we recently did an update to them and it was missed in the newest version. I&#39;ll bring it up in team chat.

uNz[i]
10-18-2003, 10:17 PM
Racism should never be taken lightly.

Thankyou NikkiD. ^_^

Rat Faced
10-18-2003, 11:19 PM
It isnt taken lightly, and more happens than members realise, behind the scenes...

3rd gen noob
10-18-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@18 October 2003 - 23:19
It isnt taken lightly, and more happens than members realise, behind the scenes...
things may go on &#39;behind the scenes&#39; however, if they have no effect to what the normal members see, are they worth doing?

i&#39;ve complained a few times in the past (though due to my deleting frenzy as amphoteric88, i can&#39;t find them now) and seemingly nothing was done

Lamsey
10-18-2003, 11:34 PM
Believe me, things get done. Anyone in Soulseek&#39;s KLF MusicWorld last night will tell you ;)

edit: or tonight, for that matter <_<

uNz[i]
10-18-2003, 11:54 PM
Well, thats all very well and good for Soulseek&#39;s KLF MusicWorld...

Going by your above statement Lamsey, I get the impression that some mods may be spreading themselves a bit thin.

No disrespect intended, but while the aformentioned flaming was happening, there wasn&#39;t a single mod to be seen anywhere. :(

Lamsey
10-19-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Justsomeguy@18 October 2003 - 23:54

Going by your above statement Lamsey, I get the impression that some mods may be spreading themselves a bit thin.

No disrespect intended, but while the aformentioned flaming was happening, there wasn&#39;t a single mod to be seen anywhere. :(
We can&#39;t be everywhere at every time. We have to watch a lot of people and don&#39;t always have a lot of time to dedicate to that.

You&#39;d be amazed at the amount we do clean up - our philosophy is to moderate the board silently - if we&#39;re doing our job right, you shouldn&#39;t even notice we&#39;re here.

Soulseek is a good example - I was stopping a potential flamewar before it reached the board.

uNz[i]
10-19-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Lamsey+19 October 2003 - 09:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey &#064; 19 October 2003 - 09:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Justsomeguy@18 October 2003 - 23:54

We can&#39;t be everywhere at every time. We have to watch a lot of people and don&#39;t always have a lot of time to dedicate to that.

You&#39;d be amazed at the amount we do clean up - our philosophy is to moderate the board silently - if we&#39;re doing our job right, you shouldn&#39;t even notice we&#39;re here.

Soulseek is a good example - I was stopping a potential flamewar before it reached the board. [/b][/quote]
I don&#39;t expect you guys to be everywhere.. that would be unrealistic and unreasonable.

I&#39;m just saying that things may have been a bit different if there had been just one mod&#39;s name lit up in the online member&#39;s list at the time.

I&#39;m sure that if there had been a mod online, that topic would&#39;nt have gotten out of hand. In my experience, people usually behave better when they know the authorities are about.

But when the cats away... :ph34r:

Adster
10-19-2003, 12:45 AM
Yes that thread pissed me off as for klf Musicworld I dont know what happened in there coz I dont go in that kidie room anymore

MagicNakor
10-19-2003, 02:04 AM
It seems rather strange, to me, to expect our board mods to moderate other KL-related areas. SoulSeek would be an excellent example of that.

:ninja:

Rat Faced
10-19-2003, 02:11 AM
We dont.

The board has no authority at either soulseek or IRC (p2pchat)

However, like other people..........just because we are active here, does not mean we dont have interests elsewhere.

If these interests overlap, then thats not unusual....epecially as the board members opened IRC rooms and soulseek rooms with open invitations...

J'Pol
10-19-2003, 01:12 PM
I didn&#39;t see the particular thread you are speaking about.

However I did comment when the new rules were posted. I was one of the first people to post after VB had published the new rules.

I remain concerned about the omission. We should have an official, stated position with regard to racism.

brotherdoobie
10-20-2003, 04:00 AM
"I remain concerned about the omission. We should have an official, stated position with regard to racism."-JPaul

I strongly agree&#33;

Peace brotherdoobie

Jayhawk
10-20-2003, 04:58 AM
i do agree as well. there needs to be somethign about it cause racism is not cool by any means and should not be tolerated and if it is in the rules then people can not say its not in the rules so its ok or you cant do anything to me.

uNz[i]
10-20-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by JPaul@19 October 2003 - 22:42
I didn&#39;t see the particular thread you are speaking about.
I did post it at the beginning of this topic, but for the benefit of those who couldn&#39;t be bothered hitting the back button on thier browser:

3RA1N1AC
10-20-2003, 09:39 AM
race is prolly one of the most complicated topics anyone has to deal with socially... it&#39;s hard to distinguish what people say, from what they mean. do they really mean to be racist, or not? imho, some of the funniest humor/comedy deals with race & racism, people of all ethnicities find it amusing, and it&#39;s not meant to be genuinely racist. society can&#39;t take everything seriously, all the time, lest we all become bitter, angry people who think the world is incurably corrupt & unfair.

but then, how are people with authority (in position to censor offensive comments) supposed to deal with it? if they don&#39;t make a choice between complete tolerance of racial comments or complete intolerance, they set themselves up to be accused of only selectively applying censorship.

people in many parts of the world have direct experience with aboriginal issues (like in america, australia, new zealand, etc)... but in other regions, the aboriginals vs. settlers issue simply does not exist. so it&#39;s prolly not offensive to people who don&#39;t have a cultural knowledge of aboriginals.

imho, yes, some of those people in that thread (the one regarding movies that feature aboriginals) used racist slang and it wasn&#39;t sensitive, but they explained that it wasn&#39;t meant to be hateful and i don&#39;t think they&#39;re lying.

it&#39;s up to the admins/moderators to announce an explicit rule regarding racial discussion though, since we are all obliged to follow their rules when visiting their forum.

uNz[i]
10-20-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@20 October 2003 - 19:09
imho, yes, some of those people in that thread (the one regarding movies that feature aboriginals) used racist slang and it wasn&#39;t sensitive, but they explained that it wasn&#39;t meant to be hateful and i don&#39;t think they&#39;re lying.
Intentional or not, some of the input on that topic was clearly counterproductive and intended to disrupt. One person&#39;s apparent eagerness for the topic to be closed proves that. His wholesale dismissal of indigenous Australian&#39;s film making abilities was also made very clear, in spite of being completely wrong and inappropriate.

it&#39;s up to the admins/moderators to announce an explicit rule regarding racial discussion though, since we are all obliged to follow their rules when visiting their forum.

Absolutely. This forum is a place where I come for enjoyment... I most certainly didn&#39;t want to have to play "PC policeman" in that topic. The sooner a racial clause is re-entered into the rules, the better it will be for all concerned.

Xanex
10-20-2003, 10:57 AM
OMG i read that thread posted above and i thought..... ok im expecting a huge flame war with racial slurs of many colours and flavours...

BUT no.... all i saw was one mistyped word and someone saying that "abo" aborigenal(sp) movies suck. Is that not in his opinion to hate that type of film,

I personally cant stand Indian movies, the whiny voices drive me insane (if i wasnt already) doesnt mean im racist.

People are trying to be to polictically correct. im not saying racism is right in fact i think everyone is equal, but if u ask me the only ones spouting racism around are the ones complaining about it who just take things to heart too oftern.

chinks - chinese
japs - japanese
abos - aborigenals
limeys - english
tossers - americans (joke)
wog ( derived from golly-wog the black man with white makeup on to show his paler features )
Paki - pakistani

And to take it further - Gay - Homosexual

All these words where just shorthand for the true name for the race or group, hell gay used to mean happy and bright and carefree, its only those in the gay comunity that seem to have corrupted it, you know what i mean.

now when i say gay i mean something is not working, its being stupid, like gah this pc is being gay. i dont mean it in a derogotary sense to gays, im just paraphrasing. It seems to me to be a social construct on how words have to be politcally correct to suite the minor races at the expense of tredding on a few toes.

Grow up all of you and stop thinking, just glaze over it, if something truely gets ur goat then something will be done. it may have been a petty comment... nm i give up you get the picture

Xanex

MUSLEMAN
10-20-2003, 10:58 AM
i think every body black, whilte, yellow, orance,green needs to calm down and have a bit of sense of humer about this stuff, if its not meant to be offensive you shouldn&#39;t take it that way, i myself being a sandnigger and a terrorist should know :lol: :lol:

Xanex
10-20-2003, 11:00 AM
@muscleman

Roger That Good buddy

MUSLEMAN
10-20-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Xanex@20 October 2003 - 07:00
@muscleman

Roger That Good buddy
http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/w/thumbs.gif

uNz[i]
10-20-2003, 11:14 AM
I&#39;m so very sorry you were disappointed by the lack of flaming, Xanex.

It may not have been as spectacular as you&#39;d hoped, but it&#39;s the thin end of the wedge, all the same.

I have to deal with racism on a daily basis owing to my location, so I find it nearly impossible to take lightly. I don&#39;t find it at all humorous MM, so excuse me if I dont find it funny. I also would rather not have to deal with it online. Like I said before, I come here for enjoyment - not to hear the same crap I hear out on the street everyday.

I know I&#39;m starting sound like a crank, but once this kind of thing gets started, it&#39;s near impossible to stop... so I&#39;m simply asking for the line to be drawn here and now.

That&#39;s all I&#39;m going to say on the subject.

MUSLEMAN
10-20-2003, 11:26 AM
so what i have to deal with it on daily basis also, you think its easy being a middle

eastern here in the usa right now or specially after 911, i lost 2 of my good friends

there and every body looks at me like i did it, but its ignorance and i won&#39;t play any

part in it, as i said before if its not meant to be ofensive then its your problem for

being soft , get yourself together and lighten up every thing has its place, if its

ofensive i would be the first to break somebody&#39;s jaw but if its not then i have fun

with it, i find it very funny how so many people can all sit back and laugh at

jokes/comments about other races but when it comes to thier own all of a sudden

its not acceptable.

racisim should not have a place any where but as long as it is racisim and not light

humor there is a difference between being offensive and joking boss, good luck and

i hope where ever you are at people will lighten up also http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/b/smiley2k.gif

ilw
10-20-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Xanex@20 October 2003 - 11:57
People are trying to be to polictically correct. im not saying racism is right in fact i think everyone is equal, but if u ask me the only ones spouting racism around are the ones complaining about it who just take things to heart too oftern.

chinks - chinese
japs - japanese
abos - aborigenals
limeys - english
tossers - americans (joke)
wog ( derived from golly-wog the black man with white makeup on to show his paler features )
Paki - pakistani

And to take it further - Gay - Homosexual

All these words where just shorthand for the true name for the race or group, hell gay used to mean happy and bright and carefree, its only those in the gay comunity that seem to have corrupted it, you know what i mean.

Xanex you seem to not really understand what it is about racism that can be cruel and still be painful to some people, just try to have some empathy. There are reasons why comments which technically are very similary like
english = limeys
blacks = wogs
are completely different in terms of the emotional reactions of people (either on the receiving end or not). I&#39;m sure you instinctively know this is true even if you&#39;ve never bothered to work out why, just like you can usually instinctively tell when you cross the line in making a comment.
Imo having hard rules isn&#39;t necessarily the answer as that might get a bit ridiculous, personally I&#39;m happy having a vague rule about racism and trusting the instincts of the members and mods.
Actually i was under the impression that the rules prohibited any racism outside the funny stuff section.

MagicNakor
10-20-2003, 12:59 PM
I know none of my friends would appreciate being called "gook" or "nigger" and so forth. I don&#39;t think strangers would appreciate it either.

:ninja:

Adster
10-20-2003, 01:43 PM
I know none of my friends would appreciate being called "gook" or "nigger" and so forth. I don&#39;t think strangers would appreciate it either.

yep also being an aussie aboriginals would not like to be called "coons"

and btw I am a albino so I know what its like being called shit names for skin coulor it it does hurt

ilw
10-20-2003, 01:51 PM
Ad it just occured to me that you must go through a ton of suncream each year, perhaps Australia isn&#39;t the wisest possible place to live ;) you should try England or Scotland, I heard a rumour that Faslane (famous Scottish military base) has cloud cover for a bit under 300 days a year

Adster
10-20-2003, 01:54 PM
Ad it just occured to me that you must go through a ton of suncream each year, perhaps Australia isn&#39;t the wisest possible place to live&nbsp; you should try England or Scotland, I heard a rumour that Faslane (famous Scottish military base) has cloud cover for a bit under 300 days a year

yeah I try to avoid going out in the summer anyway where I live is the coldest place in Australia near the mountains so it doen&#39;t really get hot here that much which is good.

Its the eyesight thing that pises me off the most

Ill never be able to get a licence :(

Xanex
10-20-2003, 06:40 PM
People have seemed to have missed my point entirely all bar MM,

Its not the lack of flamming its the over reaction to such a silly thing, its just a shame people cant be light hearted on these small topics. From what i read on that thread and by the way uNz[i] was posting it seemed like an all out war was going on, only to upon reading that thread the comments where petty and the reactions where over rated.

Names are names as far as I see it, some American calling me a limey is no different to me callin a Nigerian a nigger.

Sticks and stones as people say. but some people are just too easily bruised.

uNz[i]

Racism should never be taken lightly.

Your absolutly right, and im sorry you have to deal with this all the time with these uneducated people, but being white isnt easy either when you have every minority group treading on your toes trying to see over the top and be recognised.

Ilw

english = limeys
blacks = wogs
are completely different in terms of the emotional reactions of people (either on the receiving end or not). I&#39;m sure you instinctively know this is true even if you&#39;ve never bothered to work out why, just like you can usually instinctively tell when you cross the line in making a comment.

It all depends on the person, I might just take the same reaction as the next person, but because of the person I am I just let it slide and know to myself they either are jesting or they ar4e lower than myself and I will not dignify the response.

If people only moved up a level to that of the racist then things would be fine, for you know in yourself that they arent worth the effort. With some exceptions but there are laws for that.

In forums like this it is so hard to modorate everything on the subject of racism, for one person may see the funny and innocent side while the other will plot the death of the said.

MM

if its not meant to be ofensive then its your problem for

being soft , get yourself together and lighten up every thing has its place, if its

offensive i would be the first to break somebody&#39;s jaw but if its not then i have fun

with it

roger that again good buddy =)

Xanex

Rat Faced
10-20-2003, 07:22 PM
Names are names as far as I see it, some American calling me a limey is no different to me callin a Nigerian a nigger.

Bad example, this one.

Although "Nigger" may be short for Negro, which is a Race name, its association with Slavery in particular makes it very sensitive.

Limey/Pommy etc may be funny to us, however "Nigger" is not funny to coloured people quite understandably. This is racism, pure and simple in this context.

I have used the word before, many times....to friends at the same time as they have called me Honky etc... As friends, we were kidding around wth each other and joking.

There are very few people on this board that are close enough emotionally to get away with such joking. If they are joking with each other, it will offend others....

In other words, this word is one of a few that there is no excuse for ever typing on this board.

I trust that this is the last time I see it here.

Xanex
10-20-2003, 08:11 PM
Names are names full stop, if people take offense then so be it, but as long as i know im not being abusive in the context of my writing/talking and ive made it clear to others then i dont see the problem. Although they may not see it that way, then f*ck em if they are that petty and cant use their intelligence to work it out, i consider myself quite intelligent to avoid using such descriptions in non abusive context but there are times like the above where Its in example not in racial abusivness.

Its a shame how harmless nicknames so degrade to the levels of abuse.

an insult is an insult no matter how u look at it. and above i was not directing at anyone, are we in a world where we are censored to everything we say? i hope not

limey was the fact that our navy issued us with limes in order to prevent scurvey, frankly i dont like being compared to a fruit anymore than a Negro/Nigro would like being called the said.

Limey/Pommy etc may be funny to us, however "Nigger" is not funny to coloured people quite understandably. This is racism, pure and simple in this context

If i where so inclined I would take offence at this, since it refers to my race of people ( define "Race" ) , it may be funny to me but to another would be crying racism all over the place. People are so fickle at times...

Though your right I also hope this is the last time I see it here, BUT NOT in this context, ur the mod its ur rulz. But i hope you can tell where people are being abusive and NOT informative and moderate to such.

I have used the word before, many times....to friends at the same time as they have called me Honky etc... As friends, we were kidding around wth each other and joking.

I thought we where all friends here too???

Xanex

Rat Faced
10-20-2003, 08:40 PM
There are very few people on this board that are close enough emotionally to get away with such joking. If they are joking with each other, it will offend others....

We are.

However there are friends and there are friends.

I also have friends that would take great offense at the same type of joking around :( .

Other words are offensive to a majority when they get used are those such as "Paki"....short for Pakistani, yes. And most Pakistani&#39;s i know call each other this...however, it is also used to describe Indians....as most UK residents cant be bothered to know the difference.

All Indians I know are offended by this term....the same Pakistani&#39;s that call each other the word, get offended when used by "whites". It is therefor a racist term.

I do not know anyone that gets offended by the term "Limey", maybe mildly annoyed in the same way that some Americans dislike being called "Yanks" (especially the ones from Southern States ;) ). Neither term is racist, as it refers to a nationality, not a race.... It doesnt matter if your Black, White or Pink with Blue polkadots... it describes what country your from, nothing more.

You can generally tell from the context of a post if something is meant as a "Racist" comment, i agree. However some terms/words are offensive whether or not they are meant to be.

In this context.....there are words that just are not used.

With many 000s of members, you will offend people using words like this...you know this, you are not stupid.

Jayhawk
10-20-2003, 09:03 PM
very well said :)

liquidacid
10-21-2003, 12:07 AM
I wonder why anyone with a brain would feel it neccesary to label others.

Whether it be race, creed, sexuality, hair colour, weight, looks, background, etc, etc.... , no-one likes to be singled out. Intolerance has no place in modern society.

Keikan
10-21-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by uNz[i]@18 October 2003 - 14:54

Whats wrong wit that topic? Even you posted in it.

uNz[i]
10-21-2003, 05:16 AM
A few people seem to be under the impression that I&#39;m not white. That is wrong. I am white, of English and Irish extraction, raised from birth in Australia. But that isn&#39;t really relevant.

In my area, I see a lot of indigenous Australians copping a raw deal every day. I am constantly hearing small-minded bigots grumbling and cracking awful racist jokes about them behind thier backs, which I find incredibly cowardly and offensive.

My point in my comment on that topic where I dared that guy to repeat what he&#39;d said about Indigenous filmakers talents in the Tenant Creek Bus Station is this; You wouldn&#39;t say it there, so what makes you think it&#39;s okay to say it here?

I&#39;ve had the opportunity to travel to the outback and see the Indigenous Australians in the bush, away from the cities. What I saw and learned there was some of the most amazing stuff you could imagine. They are being maligned for no good reason other than that some people are incredibly ignorant and/or scared.

Ive already said I&#39;m done talking about this issue. Since then, I&#39;ve been called soft, and accused of having no sense of humour. I&#39;m not here to play PC policeman, as I&#39;ve also already said. If any of this had taken place in the Funny Stuff section, I would&#39;ve stayed out of it. But it was in Movieworld, and none of it was even close to being in the form of a joke. It was completely inappropriate to the topic in hand.

All I intended to achieve with this topic is to have one word added to the forum rules.

Rule 2
Posts containing subject matter deemed racist, grotesque, disturbing, obscene, malicious, or of a sexual nature may be edited or deleted. Images containing complete nudity are not allowed, and nude images in which the subject(s) are topless may only be posted in the Lounge area.

Thats all.. it&#39;s quite simple.

Now I really am finished here.. question all you like, it&#39;ll be a waste of time. I&#39;m leaving this topic for good and won&#39;t be back.

I leave this in the capable hands of the mods and admin.

MUSLEMAN
10-21-2003, 05:47 AM
and stuff in the movie world is not funny???

echidna
10-21-2003, 06:24 AM
i concur with uNz[i] rat-faced jpaul nikkid and others that the racism clause needs to be expressed rather than implied in the forum rules.

adster/adthomp and wrongturn have in my opinion demonstrated much of what is wrong with australia.
i also find their ignorant textural vomit to be offensive.

@adster re. albinism & being &#39;the other&#39; :: being part of a minority doesn&#39;t give you any lee-way to dis other disenfranchised groups, the fact that you should know how it feels makes you seem even smaller for making such pathetic comments

to the americans who &#39;can&#39;t see a problem&#39; and who &#39;don&#39;t think that the thread was bad enough&#39;,

as rat faced said different people take offence at different things, the people calling the names rarely understand the offence, if you are not offended when someone else is then you probably don&#39;t understand why it could be offencive.

so just because you don&#39;t find it offencive doesn&#39;t mean that it isn&#39;t offencive

Adster
10-21-2003, 06:33 AM
echidna

man fuck you.............

did I say anything bad about anything

go fuck yourself

you worthless piece of shit

Celerystalksme
10-21-2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by echidna@21 October 2003 - 15:24
i concur with uNz[i] rat-faced jpaul nikkid and others that the racism clause needs to be expressed rather than implied in the forum rules.

adster/adthomp and wrongturn have in my opinion demonstrated much of what is wrong with australia.
i also find their ignorant textural vomit to be offensive.

@adster re. albinism & being &#39;the other&#39; :: being part of a minority doesn&#39;t give you any lee-way to dis other disenfranchised groups, the fact that you should know how it feels makes you seem even smaller for making such pathetic comments

to the americans who &#39;can&#39;t see a problem&#39; and who &#39;don&#39;t think that the thread was bad enough&#39;,

as rat faced said different people take offence at different things, the people calling the names rarely understand the offence, if you are not offended when someone else is then you probably don&#39;t understand why it could be offencive.

so just because you don&#39;t find it offencive doesn&#39;t mean that it isn&#39;t offencive
i bet your the all high and mighty...you are whats wrong with Australia...no wonder big headedness is always frowned upon in Australia...i like Australia the way it fucking is...And if you don&#39;t like Australia the way it is...get the fuck out...

Celerystalksme
10-21-2003, 06:54 AM
One more thing echidna

and btw I am a albino so I know what its like being called shit names for skin coulor it it does hurt

that is what Ad said...what the fuck do you find offensive...he was stating that aboriginals don&#39;t like to be called coons also...so please read before you go and type a load of bullshit...and save yourself the embarrasment...

p.s. you just labelled someone a racist when he clearly wasn&#39;t...and things like that are so hard to get rid of...i thought someone with your interlect would know that and therefore not make rash judgements upon people...

echidna
10-21-2003, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Adster+21 October 2003 - 16:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Adster &#064; 21 October 2003 - 16:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>echidna

man fuck you.............

go fuck yourself

you worthless piece of shit[/b]
if you can&#39;t work out what was offencive about your posting in http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=74891&st=0 after all that has been written then i doubt i&#39;d be able to make you see it
writing;

Originally posted by Adster@21 October 2003 - 16:33
alongside;

Originally posted by Adster@21 October 2003 - 16:33
go fuck yourself

you worthless piece of shit
explains clearly to me that i shouldn&#39;t waste my time trying to explain anything to you
be careful, you may have a &#39;nose&#39; in the middle of your face that you haven&#39;t noticed as yet.

@ Celerystalksme ::

Originally posted by Celerystalksme@21 October 2003 - 16:54
One more thing echidna

that is what Ad said...what the fuck do you find offensive...he was stating that aboriginals don&#39;t like to be called coons also...so please read before you go and type a load of bullshit...and save yourself the embarrasment...

i&#39;m talking about;

Originally posted by Adster@18 October 2003 - 12:00
um mabos eh??

you an aussie like me ??

nevermind

want some digareedoo however the f*ck you spell it
ad later clarified that he meant to type &#39;abos&#39; which is a name which, as has been pointed out, might lose you your teeth to use it in some company in australia. because some people find it offencive

<!--QuoteBegin-Celerystalksme@21 October 2003 - 16:54
...so please read before you go and type a load of bullshit...and save yourself the embarrasment...[/quote]
:sleeping:

ed :: :swear: i hope neither of you kretins are enrolled to vote, yes your attitudes demonstrate why australia is run by fascist parasites, which is the fundamental issue we have to contend with in this country.
the problem is that your too foolish to see what wrong and too complacent to do anything if you do notice.

Adster
10-21-2003, 07:09 AM
ad later clarified that he meant to type &#39;abos&#39; which is a name which, as has been pointed out, might lose you your teeth to use it in some company in australia. because some people find it offencive

you are a dumbass I didn&#39;t say loose your teeth

read the thread probaly

god im racist over one typo you dumb fuck iddnt no there was such thing

echidna
10-21-2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Adster@21 October 2003 - 17:09

you are a dumbass I didn&#39;t say loose your teeth

read the thread probaly

god im racist over one typo you dumb fuck iddnt no there was such thing
stop confusing the issue
i wrote: &#39;ad later clarified that he meant to type &#39;abos&#39; which is a name which, as has been pointed out, might lose you your teeth to use it in some company in australia. because some people find it offencive&#39;

i never insinuated that you did

your comprehension is as bad as your typing

i have issue only with your blasé bandying about of the word &#39;abos&#39; which you originally mis-typed &#39;mabos&#39;

i&#39;m not going to entertain your bullshit dross anymore

the bottom line is;

racism should never be tollerated

even from idiots or children

ed :: typo

Adster
10-21-2003, 07:19 AM
shut the fuck up

what you were sayign was I was whats wrong with Australia coz of a fuckign typing error and that i m a albino

so fucking get your facts right&#33;&#33;

oh an btw I said abos for short is there in actual problem to that??

like saying fav as aposed to favourite

Jayhawk
10-21-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by echidna@21 October 2003 - 01:05
ed :: :swear: i hope neither of you kretins are enrolled to vote, yes your attitudes demonstrate why australia is run by fascist parasites, which is the fundamental issue we have to contend with in this country.
the problem is that your too foolish to see what wrong and too complacent to do anything if you do notice.
quit stereotyping that is so retarded and foolish

Celerystalksme
10-21-2003, 07:35 AM
Actually i lie...there is a certain thing i dislike about Australia...and thats the stupid land rights bullshit...people loosing their land cause people they didn&#39;t know gawd knows how many years ago took the land...and now the poor farmers who have worked their asses off are suffering...and its stupid fucked in the head greenies who are saying give the aboriginals their land back who are influencing the government (because it means more votes) and the government are passing fucked up laws which means hard working australians are loosing their land...which is so fucking typical of the government and those ignorant greenie fucks...

Celerystalksme
10-21-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by echidna@21 October 2003 - 16:05
Btw im voting in the next election..and shit id rather vote for pauline hanson *if she was able to be in it*...then most of those pretending assholes...least she tells it how it is...

MUSLEMAN
10-21-2003, 08:14 AM
not to disagree with you rat faced but where do you stand on black people using the "n" word in their everyday conversation but a white person can&#39;t use it???

Lamsey
10-21-2003, 10:57 AM
OK, can we please stop the flaming already?

We are currently discussing the latest revision of the rules; all the issues raised here (including flaming) will be addressed.

Any more flaming and this post gets closed - it&#39;s not here so you can argue over petty differences.

@Musleman: It&#39;s not offensive as such, so I don&#39;t see it as a big problem. The problem with these situations is that it&#39;s entirely subjective, so no matter what we do we&#39;re going to get someone saying either "This mod is abusing his/her power" or "The mods are slacking and not doing their jobs".

Rock<---&#62;Mod Team<---&#62;Hard Place

MUSLEMAN
10-21-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Lamsey@21 October 2003 - 06:57
@Musleman: It&#39;s not offensive as such, so I don&#39;t see it as a big problem. The problem with these situations is that it&#39;s entirely subjective, so no matter what we do we&#39;re going to get someone saying either "This mod is abusing his/her power" or "The mods are slacking and not doing their jobs".

Rock<---&#62;Mod Team<---&#62;Hard Place
thats good enough for me i totally see you point http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/w/thumbs.gif

Xanex
10-21-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@20 October 2003 - 21:40
Neither term is racist, as it refers to a nationality, not a race.... It doesnt matter if your Black, White or Pink with Blue polkadots... it describes what country your from, nothing more.

I beg to differ

From the Oxford Online English Dictionary

Race

• noun 1 each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics. 2 racial origin or distinction: rights based on race. 3 a group of people sharing the same culture, language, etc.; an ethnic group. 4 a group of people or things with a common feature. 5 Biology a distinct population within a species; a subspecies.

— USAGE Some people now feel that the word race should be avoided, because of its associations with the now discredited theories of 19th-century anthropologists and physiologists about supposed racial superiority. Terms such as people, community, or ethnic group are less emotionally charged.

racism

• noun 1 the belief that there are characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to each race. 2 discrimination against or antagonism towards other races.

Thus racism applies to nationality as the nation in question is just "a group of people sharing the same culture, language, etc"

And thus calling a Brit a "limey" or an american a "yank" IS being racist

Squid Pro Ro

Xanex

Virtualbody1234
10-21-2003, 03:50 PM
Am I correct that this whole thread of 4 pages was started from a typo?

Wow. Talk about bringing it to the attention of everyone. If nothing was said in the first place it would have not been seen and just forgotten.

Lamsey
10-21-2003, 03:55 PM
No, it is an oversight that the rules didn&#39;t include something on racism. It would have come up sooner or later. As I said, we&#39;re working on it, so IMO case closed.