PDA

View Full Version : New aerial pictures from 9/11/01

j2k4
02-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Previously unreleased, acquired under FOIA.

I suppose this'll start the conspiracy/Bush-did-it crowd again, but.

http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/us/2010/02/11/chilling-aerial-photos-attack-released

Skiz
02-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Amazing. Especially #7 which shows just how much dust and debris spread in just a few moments, to completely cover Manhattan. I was listing to Michael Smerconish talk about this last night but I forgot all about it. Nice find.

j2k4
02-11-2010, 11:12 PM
Amazing. Especially #7 which shows just how much dust and debris spread in just a few moments, to completely cover Manhattan. I was listing to Michael Smerconish talk about this last night but I forgot all about it. Nice find.

Hard to miss, actually.

They're really, really hard to look at for me, especially having just been back there a few weeks ago.

I think I was perhaps a bit raw to be viewing them; my sister and a colleague did the recording on the NYFD and NYPD de-briefings immediately post-9/11, and while I was there she furnished me with a bunch of hard-copies to read since all the departmental/municipal concerns had finally dissipated.

I've been reading them off-and-on since I got back, and just finished them a couple of nights ago.

The guy who took the pictures did a helluva job.